Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• mercedes24
    mercedes24 Member Posts: 3

Such a nice welcome in your club Chevyboy . I did not ask you to do anything for me  all I want is to sleep , but what do you know you are retired guess you  can sleep   all day long!!!!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

ha ha ha nooo i am at home, my exchange surgery was Dec 24. got home the same day. Here is a pictures of my new boobs see the skin how its lose cuz the PS used a smaller size to what i asked :( hoping the skin shrinks now 

imageI used to be dd now maybe a C, i lost projection and look kind of flat but still happy :) maybe the skin will settled. ;) Pain is better.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

So here I sit on my lazy butt. No laundry done, no cleaning started, haven't even gotten dressed. What is that saying about "good intentions?" I've got to get dressed now. I have 55 minutes to get to the credit union to make a deposit before they close at 1:00.

DH ended up staying home from work today. He can barely move, but I had to convince him that even though we need the money, his back needs the rest more. He promised to let them anoint him with oil and pray for him at church tomorrow. That's not always easy for him. He's a bit shy.

Jackie, it's sunny & mild here today too. I think our weather is very similar as we're separated only by Indiana.

Ok...I'm like a tightly coiled Spring, ready to Spring up out of this chair and get dressed.

Blessings

Paula

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Solteria, I am going to have a recliner day, which is ridiculous to mention, as the last 5 months have been. I do hope to get some house chores done...

Enerva, the girls look fantastic, ouuuuch ! I would guess smaller is better, cause you can go bigger later?  No clue....lumpectomy girl.....hope it gets easier..you had said something about the nurse coming, I thought shit, you are in the hospital...

Sas..medicine woman...my Zpack was 2 pills, 500mg... Azithromycin.,.I could find on google a 3 pack prescription but nothing for a 2 pack....they were in a tight foil package. I would have given my Sees candy for some " good" cough syrup.....hope it's working...

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

lol no here in Canada they send a nurse to visit you at home. So every day they come check on me once a day. 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Golfgirl--somethings not right---a zpak is two pills the first day then one pill for the next four days Call your doc with the question. Important not to break the sequence.

• sas-schatzi

Golf girl---hope you get this---call the doc on call. if an Arnp doesn't act--ask for the back up doc on call---When an Arnp is on call they have to have a doc to back them up if there's a problem they can't or won't address Arnp won't like it but tuff

GG are you sure you looked at the pack correct?

• Holeinone

yes....I thought it was weird also, bc I knew a Zpack was a 5 day or pills, I picked them up at Costco, they said on the foil, day 1, day 2...then when I googled it, I did find something very similar, but it was for 3 pills...my blood counts are back to normal, & I am feeling better, just this crap in my throat...but I will call & ask, that's what they are there for, right ?

Golf girl...

• sas-schatzi

GG

ZITHROMAX 250 mg tablets are supplied as pink modified capsular shaped, engraved, film-coated tablets containing azithromycin dihydrate equivalent to 250 mg of azithromycin. ZITHROMAX 250 mg tablets are engraved with "PFIZER" on one side and "306" on the other.

These are packaged in bottles and blister cards of 6 tablets (Z-PAKS®) as follows: Bolding mine sassy

Bottles of 30NDC 0069-3060-30
    Boxes of 3 (Z-PAKS® of 6)NDC 0069-3060-75
    Unit Dose package of 50NDC 0069-3060-86

ZITHROMAX 500 mg tablets are supplied as pink modified capsular shaped, engraved, film-coated tablets containing azithromycin dihydrate equivalent to 500 mg of azithromycin.

ZITHROMAX 500 mg tablets are engraved with "Pfizer" on one side and "ZTM500" on the other. These are packaged in bottles and blister cards of 3 tablets (TRI-PAKS™) as follows: bolding mine sassy

• sas-schatzi

GG check label for mg strength ---if it's 500mg then it's a tripak==come back

• sas-schatzi

Traditional Z-pak is 6 pills   2 day one at same time---then one a day for the next 4 days===total 5 days , but 6 pills.   250 mg

The tripak 500 mg, has probably been around awhile, but not familiar to me... found it on dailymed.org.

The key difference is dose and condition ordered for

• sas-schatzi

gg?

• Holeinone

Sas, thanks for all your effort, I got them on Thursday, so took one then, one on Friday...threw away the little foil stuff, BUT I have the big plastic container from Costco....500 mg tablet Azithromycin..2 tablets, so I guess it's not a Zpak...it's a mini me...I called the line for my medical group, someone will call back. I saw a young new Dr., GP, only because I was worried as my WBC was low, he said laryngitis, no antibiotics, but 4 days later, counts are normal, :), but I am coughing up mucous, so the nurse emailed the MO and she faxed it in to the pharmacy, I never saw her....4 day work week, the holiday...

• sas-schatzi

Methinks you threw away apill----call costico pharmacy and ask what was dispensed? Then you'll know for sure

• sas-schatzi

You say you have the outer pack and it says two pills. HMMMMMMMMMMM call costico and I'll go back to dailymed.org

• sas-schatzi

Can't transfer the chart. will link the page be back-------not a doc , but the way I read it, for sinusitis (tri)or pharyngitis(Z)--should be a tri-pak or a z-pak

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=92235375-ee38-49cb-9906-b547fd0d7392#nlm34068-7

look in a box, under "dosage and administration" Then Adult, then a box. List condition on left and dose recommended on right.

If costico dispensed two, I'm baffled as too why it was ordered that way. Worth a call to the person on call from the office that ordered the med. Your immune system is compromised. It's worth a verification, that is what was meant to be ordered.

• Holeinone

called Costco, they answered, she said my prescription was for 1 gram....so 2 pills @ 500 MG...I asked her if this was normal, she said YES, maybe less is ok, I did not have strep, the GP  ran the quickie for that...

• sas-schatzi

H-I-! well, the chart says that's the dose for genital warts and gu stuff. You said it was your throat. Throats technical name is pharynx--inflammation of the throat is pharyngitis. sinusitis is inflammation of the sinuses. Not sure what to say. other than what I have. Okay being pushy......still can't hurt to ask the person on call at the office that ordered the drug. If you say you'd rather not I'll respect your choice and leave the subject alone.  Hugs sassy

• Holeinone

got a call from local nurse, she said that is what I needed, drink lots of water, rest...so I am good to go..the only thing I could find that was that prescription dose was for claymadyia (sp?) lol...

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Thanks so much Sassy.... It's just a relief to see you always here....  It's like I want to check with you, before I take anything....  I'll get a prescription from my Doc, and then I'll say "Hold on folks..... gotta check this out"..... Then I'll call you...Ha! 

If you could just fix my ears!  And my car!....... just kidding about that one.....

• sas-schatzi

Hi1, well if you look at the box it is identified as the dose for genitourinary stuff. chlamydia(sic) is a std. You been foolin around girl LOL.  Sorry bad joke. they wouldn't test you for that unless you told them you were fooling around.  It's not something you look at visually and say that's chlymidea(sic). Would have to be done under microscope and possibly gram stain(not sure if it has to be stained). Be back dogs calling---schats ratted dini out for jumping the fence.

Golf girl again just don't know what to say. Zithromax is a GREAT drug, but has to be used at the right dose. Just worried. Please, just look at the link find the box. Again if you say sassy "Im happy, just leave it be" Honest I will.

• sas-schatzi

Chevy :)

• sas-schatzi

H-I-1----laryngitis is inflammation of the laryrnx. The larynx is the voice box. it's in the area of the pharynx.  Pharynx connected to the larynx, larynx leads to the trachea, trachea leads to the lungs. Going way out on a limb. minimum dose should be 500 mg for 3 days or the standard zpak ---risk here at wrong dose is bronchitis or worst case scenario pneumonia.

You haven't told me to shush yet :)

• sas-schatzi

H-I1.......... I know pushy, pushy biatch, Waiting to be shushed?

• sas-schatzi

Maddy---------Chevy was kidding meant to say that earlier. She is a jokster extrodinaire. She wouldn't hurt a flea. Well yes she would hurt a flea, but certainly no one here :)

• sas-schatzi

H-I-1---see you have to tell me to leave it alone , I can't by nature just walk away. It's okay you won't offend me. I just need to be released. It's the whole OCD thing sweetie. I've always made felix Unger seem normal :)

• Holeinone

absolutely not...we love & respect your knowledge, and your tenacity for the facts...

But we can move on too something way more intriguing than my cough..who has the most unusual News Years plans ? A exotic restaurant or a night at the local bowling alley? I thought of bowling, because I was invited to go on New Years Day...So far, my plan is to save my energy & possibly bowl on 1/1/14 & attend a potluck afterwards. Someone in our sleepy group must be doing something fun, will not Enerva, no hog riding yet...do the still call them "hogs"?

Golf girl

• Holeinone

ok Sas, give it a rest....I'm a tough one....

• sas-schatzi

Golf girl Hugs I take that as a release and that you are comfortable to leave it be. :) sassy

Just got done watching DIRTY DOZEN. Have not seen it from beginning to end in decades. On TCM  It definitely has stood the test of time.

• sas-schatzi

Last thought GG can you imagine my docs, when I wanted something LOL