Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Cammi!  You should have been with me.... I just got back from taking the kitty some canned food, to add to her kibbles... (I forgot it this morning..) And I took a scooper to clean the chickens nesting area!  YEEEEEE GODS GERTI....!    I'm glad I don't think of that too often, but it needed it!  EEEKs!  Guess they have to go too.... It wasn't hard to do, just the thought of it....  The girls wrapped around my legs when I was standing there....  They whispered "thank-you"...... Happy

I swear if they were mine, I'de probably hang curtains, and pictures, and give them wind-chimes...Ha!    And paint their coop!   

Yes, our Biker girl has to pay attention to me....  She sounds like one of my Daughter's!  I mean YOU do Enerva...  Is THAT your real name?  Or are you traveling Incognito?  Ha!  Only my Daughter Janie has Tattoo's and loves to ride on Harley's....  So do I for that matter.... I mean I did.... I LOVE that Harley sound!    At least I can hear THAT....Loopy    Don't go ridin' your bike while on Percocet!  At least I know THAT much.... Ha, ha! 

I used to ride with my DH, even before he was DH....  He had an Indian Scout.... that was in 1956...  And it had the tiniest buddy seat on it...  We rode up to Evergreen on it, up Look-out Mountain Road....  But by the time we got back, my butt was soooooooooooooooooo sore, I couldn't even walk!  I had to sort of fall off the bike, burning my leg on the pipe as I went down....  But it was worth it!   

Later on, he got a Triumph.... like in 1962....  Then a Honda 500....  And just 10 years ago, he HAD a Suzuki fast little MFO that I finally would NOT get on it with him! 

Finally sold it too, along with his 57' Chevy.... Speed was not of that much importance anymore.... like at 70!  Damnit! 

Hi April, Jackie and Teka.... and OH!  Jazzy!  You must have been named after my Daughter's cat!   OR, you love Jazz?  Or a Dancer?  Come on.... spill the beans!

Soteria, I told my anesthesiologist how sick I always get, so he included something in the drip before my surgery.  I told him if I get sick I was coming after him....  I didn't get sick.... Ha!  I think a patch is a great idea!  They should be available in the pharmacy like what is that other pill for dizziness?    Oh wait.... Meclazine.... 

Okay.... gotta do something useful....  shut up cammiwithaphone! 

• Chevyboy

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Wow, lol chevy nice bike, its too cold here in Canada. Wont be able to ride till April :(  I just watched a movie. The nurse came and she said tomorrow she may take a drain out yahooooo lol  

• Chevyboy

OMG!  You, young lady are still healing!    Are you doing okay?

Guess that means you can't join me for a drink.....  Orange juice, Amaretto, SF Pomegranite juice, and flavored cream....   

You can't drink while you are on meds...  Scared

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Chevy, Chevy, Chevy----u ride up to look-out mountain and came back and u couldn't walk---Oh sure tell that to the lie detector test and see how it comes out u little loose woman you--even then. 

• Chevyboy

Oh man, I didn't think about that!  Maybe we DID?  I can't remember!   But my thighs were really bruised...  COULDN'T be, could it?    Nope... 

Did you ever see that dance on DWTS,  when they danced to "Ride a Cowboy, Save a Horse?"  Ha, ha!  I thought that was so funny! 

What do you mean "EVEN THEN?"  You little tart!     YOU should talk....  I hear them talking about you, downtown.... like when I go walking down there at midnight....!  In my dreams.... ha,ha! 

• Enerva

lol you guys are too funny 

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372

this thread is the wackiest thing I've ever read!  I'm nearly hoping I don't sleep tonight so That I don't miss anything!😉

Nicky

• camillegal

Nicky I think u'd be better off sleeping.

Chevy I was just thinking,( shut up) u went from biker girl to chicken poop scooper Hmmm what does that say in the scope of life's happenings.?

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,570

I think it just means "chit" Cammie.

Lilli

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Nicky and Enerva..,listening to Cami and Chevy is hilarious. I was up with them one night chatting and we went through so many pages on ths board. Some nights it's really hard to sleep. But back them Chevy wanted to fix my broken dreams :)

So, how many are eating leftovers today? Always seems better the second day. Chevy those chickens love you...and Cami glad you and Joey helped each other thru the fear by singing songs as you traveled those scary snowy roads. 

It is really windy here where I live. It is 73 degrees. So what is everyone's protocol for when to take down  Christmas decorations? I usually wait until right after New Years Day. 

• NickyJ

pawprint,

I'm enjoying the conversations so much!  

I've re-named today leftover day - for the last 3 years 2 of my friends and whoever they have at their houses for Christmas come to mine on the 26th. We pool all our leftovers and have a great time! 

Today, we were 17 in total, we sat down to eat at 2pm; and left the table at 8.30pm. Had a great day!!!

The traditional time to take down Christmas decorations is after the 6th January, 'little Christmas'. This is supposedly the day the 3 wise men found baby Jesus. 

Nicky

• Enerva

I never had any xtmas decorations up this year. I guess i couldn't get into the xtmas spirit having the surgery on Dec24. I just want 2013 over. This was a terrible year for me. I still want someone to wake me  up, it seams i am in a nightmare ;( 

• Chevyboy

Nicky.... No... you can't go to sleep tonight...Ha!  But I don't get up until about 4.... everyone else stays up all night, and sleeps all day....  like Cammi! 

So if you are up at about 4, let's wake the others up....!!

• camillegal

Enerva I'm sorry this year has been so bad this year, but u'll see 2014 will be better for u, day by dy u'll see

BTW Miss Chevy, Chevette, I do have a job u know as slight as it might be, It is important to the one who calls and says his furnace just went out and they are freezing and they have a little baby. a puppy, and a beautiful friendly cat--see how they feel about my job. So I don't have the luxery of sleeping all day like u may think but I know u'r up with the chickens so u'r up early and I wake up during the nite sometimes. So let's set things straight----Well as straight as can be, which in our case we don't use a ruler--well like men seem to.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Since DH leaves for work at 1:00 pm, we always have our main meal around noon. Today we had fried ham sandwiches (leftover ham) and bean with bacon soup. He's easy to please. Thank God.

Chevy I watched an episode of American Pickers with DH the other day. They refurbished an Indian. It cost then $30,000, but they took it to S. Dakota and sold it for $35,000. It was beautiful.

• camillegal

Soteria that soup sounds sooooo good, Aren't u hungry tho at the evening time---Well anyway it sounds like that works, so that is good for u.

• NickyJ

Chevy, 

Lol! I've managed to sleep a couple of hours, but here I am again. Hopefully I'll get a few more hours in before morning !  Never really manage to nap during the day when everyone's at home. 

Tomorrow we're going into Bordeaux centre with the family that are visiting for Christmas. I'll take some photos and post them tomorrow night. 

Nicky

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Cami I usually have a snack in the evening, and I make DH something when he comes in at 2:30 am. Always something quick & easy.

My GD, Jana (11 years old) is here with me for the weekend. She fell asleep in Poppy's chair watching cartoons. I feel like joining her. I have some really long lonely evenings with Jimmy working such long hours. It's much easier in the summer months, but right now it's dark by 5:30, so it makes for a really long night. I'm not complaining, mind you. He was out of work a good bit of the first half of this year, so the OT is greatly appreciated.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

nickyJ, what's the time difference for you to us? Pick anywhere and we can adjust for our location. 

I have a question for those of you further in the process or done with your implants like Enerva. I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide what size I want! I have 500cc TE with 450 in on Tuesday. So next week I get 50 more and then decide do I want the next 50. I used to be a DD, I definitely want to be smaller. Big enough so you can tell I have breast, small enough not to have to wear a bra. I haven't had to wear a bra since late May. Now that the girls are coming back, I can't decide where I want to be! Will I be sorry if I don't add that last bit or sorry if I do? I asked the PS about the implants. He doesn't add bigger than what I decide on.  He doesn't like to make the pocket smaller with sutures, too much risk of bursting.  I have contacted Whippetmom and will send her another pic next week.

I see Enerva's and they look great.  But 600 on me would be a lot smaller. I would love to see what 50 more would really do.  Grrrrrr.  I was thinking of going to try on bras next week after the fill and see what happens. Do they even make 42B? It's a good thing I make my own bras if I have to.

Ok, enough about that. I usually take Christmas stuff down and pack away the day after Xmas. Not this year. Most of this year has been a little crazy. Not complaining because I've really had it pretty easy for having BC. Just the bmx and now reconstruction. I warned the family that this was going to be a gift card Xmas. Didn't make anything for anybody this year. Maybe next.  I'm a little sore, maybe did too much yesterday, but been a couch slug today. Tomorrow I'm running around. 

Love your posts. You're all very funny!

Sue

• Enerva

Smaarty the best is if you can contact Wheeptmom she is at the breast implant size1 forum, she can tell you what size can give you the results you want. Without her i could have been in a lot of trouble. I never knew that the projection was going to be lost and it really made a big difference.   

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Oh, yeah! Leftovers! Ham, crispy smashed new potatoes (with a little added cheese on top tonight) and fudge for dessert. No desire for anything healthy like a salad...

Unfortunately, DH has been suffering from digestive pyrotechnics today, so he's on the Immodium/broth/plain mashed potato diet. 

Luckily, we get our Clorox wipes at Costco, because whenever one of us is sick, we use them 24/7 to wipe down everything we touch.

I slept in, he got up early, had some cereal, and went back to bed in the guest bedroom and slept from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I got up around 11:30, ate breakfast, and discovered the muscle spasm in my back had returned. Took a Motrin and a muscle relaxer, put on a heat wrap, and stayed in bed reading all day. What a couple of slackers we are!

Oh, retirement SO has its benefits!!!

We'll take down the tree and decorations on New Year's Day. That's after we have our wild New Year's Eve party: DH and I will eat snacks in our jammies, watch "Despicable Me 2", turn the TV over to satellite at 9 p.m. our time to watch the ball drop in Times Square, toast each other with sparking cider, and go to bed. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

If I'd had my druthers we wouldn't have had a tree at all this year. Next year we won't! DH wants to go north for Christmas. Yea, so I can be cold and snowbound. UGH

Chevy, it's Big and Rich, Save a horse, ride a cowboy. 

I've had enough cookies and sweets, what's a good salty snack?

• NickyJ

Smaarty,

I'm on Central European time.  Check Paris. Is now 5.43 am!

Nicky

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Chevy- I love jazz and also play it too. Flute and saxes.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Good Morning Nicky, I am on Mountain Time....it is almost 10:00 PM

I live in Idaho

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

9:15 p.m. here in Cali....

• NickyJ

ok, so we're literally at opposite ends of the day!  It's now 6.30am

Yet again you've kept me going during the night. - I thank you ladies! I'm off to make tea and start the day. I have PT  for my LE at 9. See you all later!

Nicky

• Enerva

Its 3:48 am here, i just woke up made a tea and waiting till 4 to take the pills. I am worry about my breast, I know i am to wait two weeks for the implants to settled but i cant help to look at the wrinkles :( it looks as if i needed a larger size to fill in the skin. I hope it turn out ok in two weeks. I also see as if my skin is dead, do i make any sence?  

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Your body has been thru a lot Enerva. I hope you get some relief from your pain soon. I recall it taking about 6 months after revision to sleep on my stomach. I filled to 550. They take getting used to at first, but soon I adjusted, and I hope you can too. I understand you not decorating since your surgery was Dec 24. I hope each day you start to feel better and gain your strength and have no pain, and start riding your bike again.