Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

DBF lost his job today---worked for the guy since 1986, with a hiatus of 5 years around 2000 until 2005. His boss was in the red till he came back. Today, no paycheck. previously described. I kept telling him it was going down the drain for several weeks.  OH well. Then I said let's look at the positives. You won't be homeless. He would have , if I wasn't his sweetie.

AIN't I just a sweetie. Yay for sweeties that keep their sweeties from being homeless. Sounds sweet,

Everyone took a piece of his paycheck, except me ---cse, over and above cse his kids. He is 54 y/o and has nothing. He gave everything to everyone else.,

Not a dollar to his name.

Not an asset to his name

About two weeks ago I paid to get him out of his child support. $$$$. DS wasn't happy. I said if I'd spent that on a cruise you would have been happy. But to me there had been an injustice of the law b/c I'd read the record. DS the lawyer had seen the record---couldn't say not.

My Money---------may never see it again, but hopefully an injustice may be rectified. Timing was good. b/c the court has to take into account the layoff. But once money has been given , never expect it 's return. A Promissory note. Who Knows. Can you give without return. I can at this moment in time.

I remember to well, the days of chicken necks as a primary food.

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372

sorry, only went to shower and dress! Back now! 

Sorry to hear about your DBF Sas. Lucky there are still good pestle like you around

Nicky

• sas-schatzi

Badger did you wear the hat?

• NickyJ

I'm obviously not as awake as I thought. Sas, you are absolutely not a pestle! 

Nicky

• grammaB
    grammaB Member Posts: 1,118

sas, I'm losing track between threads Insomniacs and hermits.  On one of them you said his kids were adults.  How can he still be paying child support for adult children children?  You do what your heart tells you to do to support him if that is what makes you happy

• sas-schatzi

OH Nicky Please, tell us more stories of Bourdeaux. Thanks about DBF......He has a reputation around the coast-----it'll be okay................... WE love your stories............. Are you okay?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning for the first time

Sas I'm sorry about u'r DBF loosing his job, that horrible especially when u'r in u'r 50"s, Jobs re harder to get than ever now, well at least around here. And Yea I don't understand why he's still paying for his adult children unless they are going to college, I mean after HS. Doesn't make sense, boy she had a good lawyer.

Nicky it's so nice to see u, but u broke another part of u'r leg?  Was it an instant break, or did u fall or what? U sound so fragile. I'm so sorry.

BTW Sas I have always believed in the power of chocolate

We re getting  coooold front and snow first starting today with (I love this) wind chill factor -40 degrees, I hope they close the school Monday. kids have to with for buses and frostbit for their little faces can be fast and brutal, that I know, plus I always think about teachers driving in if it's kind of far sometimes cars just aren't reliable. And I think mailpeople should be off too, most people get junk mail now anyway--they have to walk a block then can warm up till the next block, that's just plain silly. U know the old rain, sleet and snow, baloney, they shut down the government when they want shut down the mail in areas where it's really bad.

• NickyJ

Camille, I don't think I'm fragile - just my back and my knee! Lol!

A friend is calling to take me shopping. I have to stock up on food for the family before the next round of appointments starts on Monday. But as soon as I come back I'll tell you all a story about Bordeaux!

Nicky

• sas-schatzi

Gramma I haven't posted on Hermits. I only post here. DBF was ignorant of the system. . He never had lawyer representation after initial filing. His ex filed after the fact of waiver of child support. Then filed lor support. EVEN the decree determining child support included the addendum that child support was decide. NONE, B/c he didn't appear --support was awarded. At this point substantiation of notification is in the $$$$$ being spent. 

Florida at time of awarding, it is allowed to go back 24 months plus fees. So, a person can be behind an 8 ball to begin with and never know it. It builds with every payment. Then the sate has the right to take their drivers license and their registration of any vehicle. 

Let's talk stupid: :::::::::::::: poor smuck male/female  paying child support-----take away their license and vehichle registration-------wtf-------how are they supposed to work WITHIN THE LAW. They build up all kinds of tickets or work without a license and hope they don't get caught.

Perhaps many will come here and talk of dead beats, but DBF hasn't been one of them. If I hadn't gotten In the picture and said you got screwed--------and why are you paying for a 30Y/o AND you need to stop this when DD turns !8. We went to CSE and they said it was Automatic. I checked the county record online. It wasn't AUTOMATIC. I forced the issue several weeks ago. I decided to get a lawyer(DS denied he couldn't do it). 

Others will say stuff about child support, and dead beats. That's not the issue here. He payed  in good faith.-------------he got screwed.

Back to why I would pay $$$$, b/c I can , and I believe and injustice has been done.

• sas-schatzi

OMG has anyone  else got an injustice they want me to work on?

• sas-schatzi

OMG Chevy , Cami ............Save me from myself sassy ..........chickenshit chickensit, cheikeiuyh shit.

• camillegal

Oh Sass I have no problem with u paying it as long as u can, but he got screwed big time, to me---sometimes the laws don't make one bit of sense anyway.

Nicky u'r going to go hobbling around, u silly, just be safe and tell us when u'r home.

• sas-schatzi

Nicky you have to check with Chevy about the chickens

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

me - i nom too much....  i have diabetes type 2 and seriously need to lose weight.  i was on the Atkins diet in 1976-77 and lost about 70 lbs - then in 1978 i got a kidney stone.  i had both kids without meds and the pain from the kidney stone was so severe it didn't even compare.  it took over 3 months to pass and did quite a bit of damage cutting it's way out....  anyway, i have avoided the low-carb-high-fat diet since then and managed to gain back the 70 plus more.  it's a shame since i lost so much weight on it.  hubby was on it too but he drank beer - that was the only difference in our diets - "spain" that!  i am wondering now if i could try a modified lchf????

• camillegal

Mostly u too have D--geeze it's like an epidemic lately. Like u'r picture.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

WTH?  Cammi?  Can you make any sense out of what anyone is talking about here?   I'm wracking my brain, and I don't know nothin' about ANYthing! 

Sass...It isn't feasible that you be knowing about so many things at the same time.    I mean I can barely put my socks on the right foot.... ( think about that)  and here you are discussing everything from Diabetes to joblessness!

Paula!  That was hysterical!  What's a Volvo... ?  or Vulvo?   And you had hair on it?  I'de get rid of that if I were you!   When things get pretty sparse, shave it all!   I can't imagine one of these things with hair on it........

But I suppose anything is possible.

• Chevyboy

Oh wait.... just found one...

• camillegal

Chevy hahaha--U really think I understand everythin?  I forgot (don't know how) but I fDoc yesterday, I was telling hime how extremely tired I am know it could have to do with my heart, but as we talked he asked me bout sleep apnea and told him no I didn't have that, but I could fall asleep right now--he took me literally and then I popped up and said No No I'm not a necrophiliac I don't think that was the word I really wanted and still can't think of it. He just looked at me, not saying a word, maybe it was the word, but I doubt it. 

• Chevyboy

You mean Nymphomaniac?  Yes, that's the word.... I think! 

And yes, you probably are...

• Chevyboy

Did you ask him if he wanted a date?  I mean that's your line of work and all..

• camillegal

Well yea, but what's the word I want when u just automatically fall asleep, I think what I said (maybe) was I like having sex with dead people to him.

• Chevyboy

I mean here we were talking, and you fell asleep?  NOW?

• camillegal

No silly, wake up----He was asking me about falling asleep like that, there is a word for that but I don't think I used the right word.

• Chevyboy

No, no.... don't talk like that....  let's talk about something fun.... Man, I kept waking up and worrying about the Tweedle neighbors!  They didn't get home yesterday afternoon!  I was worried, because they are totin' 2 kids, their DOG, and them, being gone for 2 damn weeks!   And ME in charge of those stupid chickens!

Well DH said he saw lights on over there last night!  I was relieved! 

• Chevyboy

Well if it wasn't numphomaniac, it must have been narcolepsy.... Maybe you have both.

• Chevyboy

Ha, ha, I said "numphomaniac" instead of nymphomaniac!  I entertain myself so easily.... even without your vibrator.

• camillegal

Oh u'r chickens are fun and the idea that they weren't home due to a tragic possible accident involving death is fun. LOL--Anyway I'm glad they are home. I bet they ran into some stupid weather somewhere--we're getting hit hard here.

• Chevyboy

• camillegal

image Look at my back yard.

• Chevyboy

I was speaking in Italian, and wondered if you understood me...Loopy  I know....  Are you okay?  Do you have your bestest flannel night-gown on, and your Rudolph Slippers, and rollers in your hair?  Just stay in, and wait until it gets warm.  It's snowing here, but nothing like what you guys are getting.... You and Lilli!