Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

just storing, didn't want lose topic box stuff.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45pm, edited a minute ago by sas-schatzi

FLJoined: May 2009Posts: 8,603

sas-schatzi wrote:

Edit 12/16/13: Hi EVERYONE!. This called the insomnia thread, but threads evolve. Post 24/7/365 we are here all the time. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

This is a safe haven. No nastiness, bullying, or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

EDIT 11/18/13 May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953

Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia  for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with foodhttp://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing--insomnia >> depression, depression>>>insomnia.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

BCO Member Notself's  three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time.  4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night..  6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex  and  exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

• sas-schatzi

image  image

WTF?

imageimage

pg194,213,219

• sas-schatzi

Okay this is Tues,---Her sx was today? Smarties sx. WERE supposed to be in someone's pocket- chit?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

LilGoats!  What was mine?  I mean what are you talking about?  Can I help?

Did I actually say something pertinent, or helpful?  Or did I help somebody do something?

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Chevy - Sassy lost her topper pictures and we were trying to find them. I was pretty sure you had contributed one and sure enough Sassy found it.

• Chevyboy

Okay, now I'm lost!  I don't even know what "topper pictures" ARE! 

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

The owls up top of the page. We are the Owlettes.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Chevy don't worry u said nothing to help--that's a given and SAS Chevy's early in the morning observations should simply be called Chevy's Chit. It's pretty much the way it is.

2nd maybe it's time u get an auntie-Bee, that might be the only relief u can get. They move in our heads and stay there, like that commercial, but sometimes over the counter stuff just doesn't do it. Thnik about it.

• Chevyboy

OoooooooHHHHHHHHHHH!   That's what I get for not paying attention!  Singing

• sas-schatzi

MostlyMom and Chevy, I reposted---it here while I worked on sizing , so I wouldn't wipe myself outagain

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Maddy, 

I agree with Wren, sounds like a possible migraine, or bad sinus headache. Hot tea, with or without something strong in it, dark room...screw dinner...

Sas, saline rinse sounds like its worth a try....let us know.....

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,611

Count me in for thinking those two owls kissing are simply marvelous -- dawling'Happy

Lilli

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

it's not me having sx, it's njmom3. Don't know if she thought she be home the same day.

I've been at sewing retreat. I'll post a couple pictures later. I'm home but came back with a little diarrhea!  Oh aye!

Someone posted somewhere that there were hints on wiping (you know, after going to the bathroom) after TE. Do you guys know where? I thought I was the only one with issues in this department.

• sas-schatzi

LOL I do---if it's the rectal thread. It's in my Favs. I have strange interests. You want the one on constipation while I'm at it--huh-do-ya--huh?

see if there is anything you can use in here-----rectal issues thread

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=8&id=792169&page=1

this is the constipation thread

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=6&id=781867&page=1

this is the "tips for chemo "thread-----maybe it's in here

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=69&id=706846&page=1

• camillegal

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,611

Cami....love your owl too -----guess I love them all .  There are a lot of them out here in the woods where I live,

Lilli

• Holeinone

Smaarty is correct, Njmom, was having her incision redone, & possibly a new TE...

Holy hootatoly, the last few pages have been a maniac mishmash....

• Smaarty

thanks SAS, read through all that. Only had constipation after last surgery. I'm planning ahead for the next one!  

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Smaarty, Baby wipes. Just don't flush them.

• Smaarty

at the sewing retreat I kind of had a melt down, was really stupid. Friend was trying to help me remake a corset for a bridal top. Didn't work! So on Friday my GD and I are going to buy her wedding gown! I'll try to get pics and post.

• camillegal

smarty please post them, I love to see Happy Things.

• sas-schatzi

Goodness, Teka, are we testy tonight? Has something ruffled your feathers, dearie? HMMMMmmmm

• sas-schatzi

Smarty, please, describe activities at sewing camp? Are they similar to activities at band camp?

Nj , Thinking of you, screwed up. ............... in your pocket, cookies and milk to make you feel better, and chocolate.

• Smaarty

there were 25 ladies, all doing there own thing, no classes. But everyone helps out as needed. One lady wanted to make a muslin for herself, but you can't measure yourself accurately. So I measured her, another helped her get it fitted right so now she can make better tops and dresses.  One lady was making a few things for a new granddaughter that was born on Friday (she was late getting there). A few were working on quilts. I finished a dress from last January that I decided to wait to see if I'd have boobs or not.  Made another (didn't like the pattern so not making it again), from our brown bag challenge. 2 friends worked on samples for a book they are writing.  

I hope to go to a shorter retreat at the end of the month. Didn't get a chance to work on my roses because of the bridal top fiasco. Oh, I just found out that there will be 5-6 of us at this wedding dress shopping.  Silly me, I thought it would be me, GD and maybe DD.

• Smaarty

SAS- under what forum would you recommend a tips topic?

• Holeinone

Smaarty, what are tips? Like suggestions ?

• sas-schatzi

Smarty, I put the link in the same post as the rectal and constipation links. Soteria told me about it first. It's a great thread----has ALL this stuff related to chemo A_Z ,so to speak. Go back to the last page.

• sas-schatzi

Teka the page turned sweetie-----never ever go to page249 ever again and you won't see it. If it pops in your mind--SAY---NO, until the image goes away. You will recover honest.

• sas-schatzi

H-I-1--------we are maniacs b/c we never know if we are here or there, what time or day it is. Myself,  I lost my owls today. Reminded me of the fella that lost his marbles in "Hook". But just like Peter Pan, I found my marbles---erhh owls. The owls are all roosting where they should.

I really  like the four off them. They cover the gamut of what's here. 1. Bedraggled b/c of no sleep, 2. Bedraggled but knows the reality of what coffee can do--totally wire us, 3. The spirit of WTF, 4.We all take care of each other. Perfect! 

I was trying to get the pic of the baby owls in, but that was when I lost them all.  So, for the moment the babies stay out. I got dizzy trying to get them all back on the roost.

• Smaarty

holeinone- these are a suggestion from another post:

- TE size determines implant size--make sure you understand this and are on the same page with your PS;

- How to get out of bed;

- Taking pain medication does not make you weak--everyone reacts differently to different pain medications--if you are still in pain on medication, you need to have the medication adjusted/changed;

- Pillows to buy;

- How to wipe yourself after toileting;

- Best clothing choices;

- Bras that fit TE's;

- Sleeping positions/locations;

- Physical therapy works wonders.

-How to cope with drains

I'm sure there would be a ton more.