Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Best thing I ever did after BMX/recon was rent a fully electric, adjustable hospital bed for two months. An over-the-bed table came with it. DH hooked up my reading lamp to a remote control. I wore satin jammies to help me slide in and out of bed. It made me WAY more independent than I thought I could be, especially since I didn't have a recliner back then. Luckily there was room in the sitting area of the master bedroom. We just slid the loveseat out of the way.

~ ~ ~

Maddy - hope you are feeling much better. From what you described, that sounded like the migraines I've gotten. Please update us!

~ ~ ~ 

O.K. How many of you are totally addicted to Pinterest? And if so, how often do you actually go back and READ or USE your pins? Yeah... thought so. Winking

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh that cat--Love it

• Alyson

Blessing you stole my cat.

He doesn't have a label!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Smarty, Blessings suggestion about the electric bed is super. I have an electric bed too. It was great, especially on long sleep days----could change height of head or legs for lots of positioning change. One position for to long is very fatiguing to the muscles.

Off to bed XOXO sheila

• camillegal

Oh Aly I have to get a pic of my Katie=Kat on here too. U have a beautiful cat.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

thanks for all the kind words! Sassy called and offered a couple suggestions. Feeling a bit better, we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Love all the new photos!

Going to try to get some sleep. Night all, or should I say, night, owls!

Hugs!

• Njmom3
    Njmom3 Member Posts: 39

Hi ladies just checking in.  Surgery went well, no infection so I have a new te.  He used this stuff called allo derm to support it like a sling, I keep saying it's from a corpse, but really it's a cadaver.  Now let's see how the healing goes this time!  I have two drains ugh, and some pretty good pain.  The wicked headache is back too!  

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Njmom3, hope the next few days pass quickly, & your cadaver parts settle in properly. 

2ndTime, Maddy, feeling better this morning?  I do not get headaches, very seldom, so when I do, it's usually the start of something...that bad flu is still circulating.

Owlettes.....good morning...hump day..

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117

Gingerbrew wow did we call it... I guess it is on now !!! How cool we are going to the Super Bowl.... I guess we will have to add this to the "don't talk about list" haha what is it no Sex, Religion, Politics, and add football. Well any ways will be a great game we are super excited here in Denver as am I sure u are for your Seahawks...

Njmom3 hope surgery went well we both had surgery on the same day. I guess for your 1st one, sorry u are having to go back... How are u feeling??? Hope u are going well... My incisions look great just really tight each week more filling... I guess just ready to be done... I wish I could lay on my side comfortably of my stomach :( won't be for a very long time. Isn't crazy how many times we say that....

Sass house is coming along OMG pushed back they said for sure March just don't know beginning or end. I let them know I better be in there before my sons 2 bday or I will be livid!! Tim's parents actually have been more verbal and more helpful on their own accord which has been so nice. Thank u for the med idea I will try that at night... Plus looking for one of those leg wedges to get my lower back on the mattrice maybe help me sleep... Always so comfortable at PT... Alex orthopedics leg wedge ??? We will see.... Lov your closet size... Do u like shoes??? Hugs

Cami that's a good idea I could try the recliner :) I think the TE's suck way more than the drains!! So tight!!

Smaarty I am having the same problem... They are filling my TE's right now and hard to reach at times but I am using those flushable wet wipes then standing up sometimes with one foot on the toilet one hand on the sink and use the arm I have a little more range of motion to wipe or go between the legs and the wet wipe helps with coverage :) I don't know what I am teaching u to do sounds like a circus move. If u are a fall risk or orthopedic issues don't do what I said above just wipe between... Either way nice to meet u sorry about the diarrhea. I have been wedding dress shopping with my little sister too... I bet she is bring her wedding party also.... I was from the x generation and they are from the Y generation.... The Why generation and I get it has the same reaction for us Why... Well just enjoy u all will have a wonderful time :) so excited for u!!! Pls post pics!! It will mean the world to have u there... Do u have a digital camera?? Bring it with u so u can take pictures so when making her decision she can go back and remember how they look on....

Njmom3 I am so glad u are home and everything went well.... Pls stay on medication schedule sorry about the JP drains. Rest sleep and sleep some more... Do u have help??? Gentle light hug

Sweet pea oxoxox oxoxox

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Seriously??? We can't talk about SEX on here??? What is that anyway? I seem to remember something called sex a long time ago. I'm thinking it was very pleasant, but I have no recent recollection of it.

Anybody?

Paula

• sas-schatzi

Sweet pea, amazing how you remember everyone's post details. I forgot Smarrty's  DD wedding plans. Went right to wiping. LOL

The closet is as big as some bedrooms, the builders wife was Japenese . The MBR, MBR bath is huge, the closet huge and has a BR has bidet. Other rooms I wish were a bit bigger.

No I'm not a shoe afficiando LOL. I did do some decluttering a few years ago. I threw out my nursing shoes. Had the bag of scrubs in the back of the car. ChrissyB was here from Australia. She took a number of the warm-up jackets. I was happy about that. Better her than goodwill. I know you realize what I was thinking throwing that stuff out.............

Remember the flood last Jan in the main bathroom. It's still not done. Maybe near future.For the sink I'm putting in a pullout faucet. They don't make BR ones. I got a smaller size kitchen faucet. Figure good for resale. Even putting a small TV in there.

Google Houzz. It's a great site for house, landscaping, patio, and decorating ideas.

Sorry you, NJ and Smarrty are going through the sx problems. Those memories are starting to fade-finally.

Try spacing your fills 10 days apart at least--Two weeks even better. You will find they are much more comfortable than weekly. Allows pectorals to stretch. I found this out inadvertently. Just said no one day b/c they hurt too much. Waited the extra days. Continued on that plan for remainder of fills.

Tomorrow's my 5th year cancerversary. I chose BX day as the anniversary day.

• sas-schatzi

Soteria Hello, sex well uh yeah.......DBF is 9 years younger erh  lots of fun. We had a very rocky start, it was the sex that kept us going. Now it's better in all aspects. Who brought sex up? What post did I miss?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Sas, Chevy said, it's one of the topics that are taboo on this thread, along with religion, politics, & football. Lol

Paula

• sas-schatzi

Teka I'm cold at 72, we are so spoiled with temperature. But then there is the worry about hurricanes and those sand holes(_______?) splat. 

Nj think of using your pain meds around the clock.. Besides pain control, you will recover faster b/c in a reduced pain state, you will move around more. Moving is good. Helps avoid blood clots in the lower extremities---walk, walk,walk. Do as much Range of Motion with arms as allowed , so your shoulders don't stiffen up.  Moving keeps all the joints, muscles, spine happy. So, happy no infection :)

• Holeinone

Sex, Drugs & Rock & Roll....we are all Baby Boomers, well almost all, not Sweet Pea..

• sas-schatzi

Soteria---Chevy was playing, she always plays. That's the beauty of her posts. She I think missed her calling. I think she and Cami could have been as great as Abbott and Costello". 

• Holeinone

Or, Helen & Louise...

• sas-schatzi

Golfgirl  Boom on Boomers. Yes more of everything GG---sex,drugs , and rock and roll. 

• Holeinone

Teka, I am still upset that George Clooney did not win the Academy Award for his part in The Descendants. I loved him in that...

• sas-schatzi

What is it about George Clooney----he IS the sexiest man alive. Is it the eyes? The smile? The way he turns his head? His absolute manners?

• Holeinone

I fell for him 24 years ago when he was on ER....

• sas-schatzi

He's one of the rare ones that just gets better with age Like Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy. Who else got better with age?

• sas-schatzi

Soteria BTW you talked about your dislocated knee awhile ago. It's a major wonder how that was missed by a simple xray. I;ve seen oodles of each while working in OR. They definitely show up easily. No fancy MRI needed. 

• sas-schatzi

Hate to miss any talk about the cuties, but need to get ready for MO appointment. BBL

• sas-schatzi

this is a repost from the Rectal issues thread bdh1 just posted it.

15 minutes ago, edited 14 minutes ago by bhd1

I ordered blue bidet BB 20 Portable bidet. From amizon . It is a squirt bottle for down there. I use it after bm and wipe w tucks

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Sean Connery is another gooooood looking man.  And, on the younger side Leonardo DiCaprio.

• camillegal

Oh good looking men, nice topic---Paula no one listens to Chevy anyway so why would we start. I think George Clooney has the whole picture not jut good looks but class and presence, and Sean Connery being older still has it. And Leonardo DiCaprio is still young but he's growing into it.  There my thoughts are documented.

And everyone who is or has just had surgery Ouch no matter what--And I've always heard fills are not fun. but I never had any so I can't talk with anything that I know.

• Holeinone

Cami,  I am with you, can't talk or relate to these fills, but holy hootatoly. It sounds dreadful, and everyone going thru that has my empathy. Ouch...

Back from rads, have lots of stuff to do, was very lazy in my blue funk. Feeling better, now need to get my rear in gear, and I am thinking of good looking men ! Whew, who started this ?

• Alyson

Just watch it you lot. George Clooney is mine- oh well maybe you can have him so long as I get Sean Connery.  Really jealous of DD1 Sean Connery kissed her one night after an opera soiree she sang at!!!

imageimage

Was about to say good morning and hope you are keeping warm.