Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Alyson, do you sing ? So amazing that your DD is an opera singer. A famous opera singer is going to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl..great change.. Give alot of people some exposure to a different genre of music.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Cammi!  They are talking about us!  I know...!  I heard it.... I mean I read it! 

And since when can't we talk about sex?  You guys, I am older than any of you, and we STILL do!   So think about that for a minute.... kay?    That's all I am going to say.. maybe.... probably.... at least for now....

Religion is another thing....  See some people believe in this, and some people believe in that, and I don't care what anyone believe in.... Just so they don't try and change me, because I know nothing...

And Politics.... I know even LESS about politics!  I know about chickens..... and weed..... I don't do weed, but I'm sure it's fine....  I just remember that long piece of brown weed my Brother and I lit, when we were playing in the ditch!   I thought we would surely burn holes in our lungs!   It just burned!  And didn't do a thing!  Just turned to a stick of fire in our hands!  Silly kids!

George Clooney IS the most handsome guy I have ever seen!  Gets better with age!  And have you seen Brad Pitt Lately?  He is just "hot"....!  Ever since Thelma and Louise!  He looks soooooo much better without all that hair on his face!  

So we went to the Cremation place.... I have to say that gal and my DH just kept kidding each other!  They brought us warm chocolate chip cookies and coffee!    So THAT is all taken care of!    No more thinking about it.

AND before that,  had to take Lacee-girl to the Vets!  She is not feeling well.... and she is only 11... But she won't eat!  She was a little heavy last year, at 37 pounds... But now down to 24 pounds!   The Vet took blood.... she got sick last night, so I gave her Pepto-bismol....   She has been slowing down for about 2 months, and has no appetite at all!

Now the Vet will call tomorrow to tell me what they found.   He said her heart sounds good.... she has no lumps... no external signs of anything wrong, other than her arthritis, and I give her those glucosamine chews to maybe help. 

So she is all I'm worried about right now.... Gotta make that little girl better! 

• Chevyboy

I made a few of these "Memory Quilts" about 10 years ago.....!   I stitched in pictures of my family, friends, our pets, and beautiful sayings.

And then put thin batting in between the flannel backing and the quilt....  But soooooo much work!  Now I just crochet....  and crafts.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

For Maddy – found this on Pinterest a while back. No clue if
    it works or not; I’d never be able to haul my fat a$$ up onto the bathroom
    counter to do this.

• Blessings2011

Camillegal – looking forward to seeing Katie-Kat!!!

Alyson – sorry about stealing your cat… I looked for a label
    on him, but since there wasn’t any, I figured he was available!!!

Sas – that was the greatest thing about the hospital bed at
    home… I could raise the mattress under my knees, and my back never hurt! I
    could also play around with the angle of “rise” at the top, so I wasn’t laying
    flat.

(((((Njmom3)))))

Teka – stay warm!!! Gonna be cold here today… only 67
    instead of 70…. (sorry!!!)

StacyLeeH – remember, TEs are only temporary! Hang in there….

Soteria – anything you’d like to share about….YOU KNOW!!!???

Holeinone – I LOVED The Descendants! As far as which stars
    aged better, I never go to movies, so I am always shocked to find out how old
    actors really are, or when I see a decrepit pic of them in the gossip magazines
    I read at my pedicure appointments.

Chevyboy – sorry about your Lacee. It’s hard when our
    furbabies are sick.

~ ~ ~ 

O.K. I'm up; I'm dressed. I even have makeup on. (Went to Bible Study this morning, but passed on lunch with the girls.) Now I'm thinking I shouldn't waste this effort.... maybe I'll go run some errands. I stayed in my jammies for the past two days, so now I gotta make up for lost time.

Or maybe I'll just take a quick look at Facebook..... or Pinterest....

Hope all you Owlettes are having a good day!

xoxo

• Chevyboy

Whoa!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Sas, about the dislocated knee. No X-ray was taken because I was in my 2nd tri-mester. 

You gals can have ole George.....I'm with Alyson! Give me a He Man like Sean Connery, or a pretty boy like Brad Pitt (Chevy) or Rob Lowe. I never thought Jack Nicholson was great looking, but I bet he was a Great Roll in the Hay!!!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

I contacted the moderators to see about a new forum that would have multiple topics. I think that would be best so those that have dealt with different aspects to BC can post their views, tips or tricks they have learned along the way.  

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

This is me doing a happy dance, nodes and thyroid clear of nasties; just lots of nodules on thyroid and vocal cords. So have to have function test and that's it. It is coming up to mammo time but will deal with that when we get to it.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Alyson,   I am joining you in  the Happy Dance.....

• lovewins
    lovewins Member Posts: 570

Hello ladies....I have never posted on this thread but I have a question I would like to ask...I had been taking sleeping pills for 4.5 months and this week I am trying to get off them.  I also take Xanax.   I tried melatonin and it did not work for me so I have stopped taking sleeping pill...generic for Ambien and I am taking 1-2 Benadryl.  I would really like to quit taking everything by the time I return to work on 2/3.  Does anyone have any experience getting off sleeping pills and how long it might take?  Thanks for any help. 

• lovewins
    lovewins Member Posts: 570

thank you Teka!

• Smaarty

SAS-I had a question, can someone with TEs or implants have shock applied in cause of a heart attack?  Just wondering.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Aly, Congrats. What is your very regal cat's name? I'm always looking for good cat names. If strays come into the shelter, we give them names.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Cat 1 is Barnabas. Well that's what I call him. My children named him Dr Barnabas Opium!!! He is part Russian Blue

Cat 2  below is Angus

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Welcome  lovewins, sounds good u'r going back to work--don't worry Sas or someone will be here to explain all the dos and don't---personally I like the dos

My glorious cat is Named Katie-Kat--Aly she's a Russian Blue too. and so cuddly and lovey-dovey.

• Smaarty

ok ladies, I have added a new topic, "tips, tricks and how to survive this chit". Please check it out, add your 2 cents worth and spread it around. Hope it helps.

My cats are Parker, Tinker, Riley, Missy, Buddy, Morgan, Squeakers, and Grim (I didn't name him). All are mutts. 3 are strays that have adopted us.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

AWWWWWW ThumbsUp

• Blessings2011

Chevyboy - I think we posted at the same time. That really is a gorgeous quilt - and YES - I'm sure it was a lot of work!

Smaarty - thanks for the new thread. I think I want to live at your house - I miss my kitties!

Wren - I always named my furbabies with person names that would go well with my last name. (How original.) Our no-kill shelter here names all their cats and dogs. They'll post a pic, along with a bio, and a cute story. So many get adopted that way!

Yay, Alyson, on the "no nasties".... So no-label kitteh is Barnabus, and that lovely ginger is Angus! I just love a kitteh with CATTITUDE!

Hi, lovewins!

camillegal - I LOVE Russian Blues!!!

Well, I should be really sleepy about now, since I had to set the stupid alarm clock for 7 a.m. this morning... but noooooooo!!!! Guess I'll go to bed anyway and check out Pinterest on my iPad. If that doesn't work, I'll be back!

• Blessings2011

I'm back!!! (not really, haven't gone to bed yet...)

From my favorite children's book author and illustrator, Jan Brett - "The Owl and the Pussycat"...

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

My MIL had a Burmese named "Burmey". He was beautiful. I had one cat I inherited from my DM's cabin in OK. He was Hopalong. 3 pawed. She thinks he chewed it off to get out of a trap. He got very lonely when I worked nights and slept all the time and started spraying. Vet said no illness, just bored and telling us his way. He went to live with DM's dog groomer and her troop. Later when working evenings I got an Abyssinian female registered beautiful "Tessie". Had to have her put down at age 8 - spinal prob. and she was paralyzed overnight. DH said no more cats. He just tolerates the dog. There was the cutest pair of female dogs at Petsmart yest - sisters only going as pair - Ginger & Spice. I would have loved the smaller one but no way taking another dog till this one is gone. She's looking much better with 2x/week baths. For a couple of months she felt like you-know-what till extreme freezes killed most of the stuff. But I see weeds blooming in yard - dandelion and some purpley stuff. She looked like one of those Chinese crested with no hair.

Yay Yay - I think Mr. Bucky may be going to new home tomorrow. DH has been emailing a lady. Bucky was on Craigslist and DH missed seeing her 1st email. She has 3 ladies and hope she knows what she's in for. He stinks to high heaven. This cold weather has them all romantic. These goats will breed year round except deep summer heat. Most goats only breed in the fall. But then they would kid in summer - 5 mo. gestation. Not fun.

Who asked about Pinterest? I bookmark lots of stuff off there but don't have my own page. My bookmarks are endless but somewhat carefully categorized. Doesn't mean I look at them much though.

Blessings - I just play solitaire on here until my eyes blur. Trying to improve my percentage. Wonderful goal???

Good morning Teka.

OK Blessings - look on Zazzle for Three Happy Owls stuff. Cute. Wish I could find something out shopping with owls. I'm a touchy/feely shopper so not much online.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy so sorry about Lacee, hope the doc can fix her.     Did they really bring you chocolate and cookies at the cremation place? If they did that was so sweet.

Blessings, I agree so much re: the beds that move. Mine vibrates too. Sometimes I turn the upper vibration on high and put my ear against it to reset my tinnitus-ear by ear. Duh- not enough info. I found on the net when I was having a auditory  hallucination an article that talked about the hallucination and an article about how to reset tinnitus. When my tinnitus gets too loud, I reset it. The beds are lovely to settle in and get cozy.

To all: on the most beautiful guys---George Clooney--oh YUM, Sean Connery--whoot!, Brad Pitt--looking a little tired, but still yummy. But he's got so many youngins, he's probably doing allot of night patrol. He'll recover as most parents do, I think. Cary Grant was great into his 80's. Anyone remember _______Granger? I'll have to look on IMDB. Maurice Chevallier, I know he seems too sweet, but his reputation with the ladies was infamous in France.

Chevy what was that ? Us old ladies having SEX? No old ladies don't have sex. When I saw the GU doc about the bladder stones. He was reviewing my hx. He got to the question on sex. His comment without asking was. "Well sex, that's not a consideration" I said "Well yes it is, daily or every other day".  He looked up at me, then turned the pages, I'm sure he was looking for my age. He moved on, no more questions on sex.. Wonder if he thought I was a perv or abnormal. He was young. Krips the stupid thoughts the young have about olders!. Just wait till they get there, then they'll find out it's normal.-------cute birds

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Still no news on last thursday's MRI. anxious about it now. 

On George Clooney, He is absolutely a he-man. My DD worked for a producer at WB so I got to go to parties and be in places I wouldn't otherwise be able to access. George is perfectly proportioned, no camera tricks. He is taller than he looks on screen because he is overall just larger.  No giant head, tiny body, like many actors. I was just stunned when I saw him. Dd confirms that he is really nice, they all aren't. 

• Chevyboy

Sass!  Go back up a few posts! " Lovewins "  had questions about sleeping pills!!!     We can't lose her! 

Okay....  Yes, I feel pretty stupid talking about sex, but it DOES happen!    Maybe we are an anomoly?   Maybe I should behave, and not even bring this up?

Yes, I'm just waiting and waiting for the Vet to call back.... we are sooooooo worried....  She just now ate about 12 little liver treats, but nothing last night, and nothing up until now.... She is just so lethargic....  At least she hasn't thrown up .....

• sas-schatzi

Chevy okey dokey, I thought I was caught up, must have missed some. I'm on Cheezed with Lovewins. Had invited them all here. -------Thinking of Lacey.

• Chevyboy

Okay, so help her.... then come help me with Lacee....Sad

• sas-schatzi

Chevy did the vet do a urine sample or bloodwork? Chest xray?

• sas-schatzi

Lovewins---hello, I didn't think you were ever going to come. I invited ya'll from Cheesed.

Drugs: How much Xanax--dose and number per day?

When did you stop generic Ambien?

Benadryl 1-2 per day----25mg per tab or 50 mg per tab----usual is 25 mg.  Either way you should experience no side effects from stopping Benadryl. For many years it was used as a sleeper b/c of inducing drowsiness & sleep without problems once discontinued.

I'll PM this in case I missed you:)

• Smaarty

love the blue memory quilt. I did something similar when my dad died, only lap size. Cut up his shirts, he wore a lot of plaid, and added pics of him with whatever kid the quilt was going to.