Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Maddy - Hi, sweetie! Yep, we were looking for you! So glad you are okay...well, minus the cough and feeling a bit down. Sure hope you are able to get some much needed and well deserved rest! Hugs!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Ginger hope you and Chevy get well soon, i also have been threatening to start drinking lol

2 ndtime glad you are taking some medication for that couth. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Good morning!

• badger

Chevy, not to worry, we arranged for security to guard yr house while yr in the hospital!  ((hugs))

• FairyDogMother
    FairyDogMother Member Posts: 154

You gals are cracking me up. Nah didn't scare me away. I had the worst night last night, but I have a early morning client today. Of course I won't get any sleep last night.  I'll see you gals tonight. If I could ever get the chat feature to work on Breastcancer.org, I could chat in the wee hours. I spent most my night just looking out the window at the Full Moon. 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Morning Owlettes, Olders, Hermies, Stfuer's Our Dear Chevy is up and moving. She called me 06:45 am Her time. LOL. She's was getting up to a chair to eat. Wants to get back on the computer. Misses everyone, thanks you for all the words of support.

She's on oxy. I forgot to ask pain scale I wasn't quite awake yet. LOL it was 08:45 am my time.Took Melatonin late so I was groggy. Her room sounded busy.

Her bladder cath is out(usual). Lovenox for anticoagulant ( usual). Voice almost regular, little raspy.

I'm with you all, miss our morning post of play by play by her. Update later Sassy

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Ah 2ndtime - what is the tasty brew Blessing's recommended? When DD would come home late from UIL competition I brewed her Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer. It was her favorite and always settled her down some - she was in high school.

Badger - yes I had the blue pee from SNB but had not heard of green. Maybe just a color variation of blue. Mine really lasted only a few hours. Brrrr - I need an extra sweater to even look at that picture.

Welcome Fairy Dog Mother - what part of OK? The moon was beeeautiful last night. I'm NW of Ft Worth. Hope your client day goes good.

I think Canfields may still be made just very hard to come by - like pricy mailorder. Will do some searching later. Onward to bank, feed store, hardware, PO, grocery. Yuck.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

fairy godmother, 

We don't think that chat feature works, I have never tried it, but they talked about it a few days ago & no one has been able to use it for the years. 

Good Morning All.......Saturday Feb. 15.....happy that we are 1/2 through this month, spring is just around the corner. I looked yesterday and sure enough, I have the tops of tulips peeking. Today we are supposed to get to 59 degrees. That is warm for S. Idaho in Feb. and we have had some much needed rain. Our areas economy is ag based, getting enough snow/rain is so important.

My radiated breast is healing, slowly. They fried the nipple area. YIKES ! It's been a week, still putting all sorts of stuff on it. Need to decide in the next few hours on whether or not, I want to go to a bowling party. It will be fun, but I'm still at that point when I do social activities in huge crowds it is overwhelming. All the, OMG, how are you? Small town, every one knows each other, or someone in your social group. 

Chevy, sendings healing wishes and how in the hell are we supposed to get our day going without you?

• Holeinone

Badger, your chicken sign is perfect...

Cami, where are you? Are you rounding up a posse to break Chevy out? Your little sign 2 days ago was also too cute..

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Hol- I found doing anything in group settings to not be good for me during treatment. It has been almost a year since I finished my rad treatment and I am still less comfortable in large group settings than I used to be. It takes energy to deal with people, and a few selected people I enjoy are still my choice in my free time. Take care of yourself and if you need to get out, maybe ask someone to meet you for a meal, coffee, etc. Something simple and that won't have you out for hours. Don't be surprised if you are not all that social for awhile after treatment. It takes a long time to adjust after we go through this!

Went to see my breast surgeon yesterday for 6 month follow up. Exam went well, had some itchy around one of the incisions and felt some hard stuff which I thought was scar tissue. She ultra sounded and confirmed. She wants to do more genetics testing on me, there are some new tests out that yield more info. She seems to be convinced my cancer may be genetic, despite having a limited family history with it, so we will see. Mammo comes next in a few weeks. I will be in this place of follow up, testing and discussions now through early April. I am in the zone once again.

• badger

LMG: blue + yellow = green  Winking

• badger

I wrote these haikus inspired by last night's beautiful full moon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winter-bare branches.

Full moon, silver maple tree.

Midnight silhouette.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow ring around

tonight's full moon means that it's

really freaking cold!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full moon lends a blue

tint to the new-fallen snow.

Better than yellow!  Winking

• sas-schatzi

Badger very sweet Haikus, and I love the chicken pic. What does it mean when there's a halo around the sun? I've seen them several times over years. Never knew what it meant.

Blessings, how's the roller coaster fun house head. The ONLY thing that's good about them is we didn't have to pay the admission fees they charge at the attractions. Sea Worlds the lowest at 89.00. Universal is the highest b/c of Harry Potter @ 139.00. All we have to do is move , or not move, rollover or not, bend at the waist or not. walk like a drunken sailor. It's kinda of a real trip with sex. Finally understood what the old word SWOON meant. BTW did you get my analogy to a " Fun House" or was it received as offensive? Your descriptions were so on mark, they just reminded me of the first time I went through a fun house. It was NOT fun, I thought what kind of wicked mind came up with this :(

• Holeinone

That is so wrong....eeeeoooo....

• badger

hahahahahaahaha Teka!  Happy

• badger

Sassy, rings around the winter sun here are called sun dogs and mean extreme cold.  Not sure about FL but according to earthsky.org, halos around the sun or moon are signs of an impending storm.

http://earthsky.org/space/what-makes-a-halo-around-the-moon

• sas-schatzi

Wren Do you perhaps remember what page the NSAIDS research stuff was on, I meant to save it and didn't. The pages have moved sooo fast. Just hoping. I can go back page by page if I need too

Our Phyllysobusy called here a bit ago, told her about Chevy. She may be on later today. Going to toot Phillys  horn, bc/ she woon't/wouldn't. She's become very involved with a volunteer group that's helping young adults. She's very happy with it , but it wears her out.

Ginger know that brace is supposed to help, but know it's causing aches and pains too. I still keep my c-collars--rarely ever use. Still have vivid memories of traction use and having to wear the collar for months at a time. Reminds me of the last time I went snow skiing. C-collar on and an out of control uphill skier totalled me. Down hill skier has the right of way. Neck cruch, crunch, crunch. Anyhows, I was getting on the chair lift and this guy getting on with me had to stop, bent over to unlock his locking knee brace. I said we were a pair---me in a c-collar and him in a locking knee brace. Figured it was time to give up skiing.

Chevy just called again, she is so ready to be out of there. Thinks they are discharging her to home tomorrow and will be back on the computer tomorrow night. I'm still putting a plug in for rehab facility. All the things she need for home are being put in place.

Cami---hooting hoohoo  Chevy needs one of your cheer up phone calls. nNot that she's down, but Abbott needs Costello

• badger

Teka, ya gotta wonder ... notice NO ONE is looking at her?

• badger

Good bet.  It's amazing what you can do with a computer these days.  I saw the movie Frozen just for the animation.  It was GREAT!

• sas-schatzi

EWHHHHHHHHHHHh what was that lady thinking.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

did realize that some of us would never look like her now. We can have snoopy or who ever is perky! I don't think it's photoshopped. I've seen that pic before. But OUCH! Tattoos hurt. (Yes, I have one). 

I had the green pee because of blue dye he injected into the breast. I was asleep so didn't care. But I was awake for the shot with the radiation stuff in it. The pee lasted about 3 days. 

Slept in the bed until 7 this morning. It I think was too soon. Both sides hurt while trying to get to the bathroom. So I'll wait a couple more days until I try it again. 

Glad to hear Chevy is doing well. Did they cast her or do something else to stabilize?

Look the pics!

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty Chevy has a rod and screws internal. Thankgoodness not an external fixation device, I dislike those intensely. 

Wish I could give you some pearls about the foobs. My situation was so far to the negative extreme b/c PS put in 850cc. I wasn't expanded that big by the te's. It just seemed like I was trying something different  by every hour/few hours. FOREVER. Did write something when you first came on. If you were to find it again some may make more sense now. In the early days of TE's and then to implant insertion, it takes awhile before I/ everyone  realizes this is NOT LIKE ANY OTHER  surgery. It's rather barbaric.

• badger

((Sheila)) lova ya back sassy gal.

Must go shower then grocery shop. 

Oh did I ever say welcome FairyDogMother?

L&H&P's to all ♥

• Smaarty

SAS-I remember your post. I would've shot the guy!  No, I'm happy with the size and look. This would have been a breeze except for the pocket work he did.

Teka- the photo was fun. It might have given the ladies an idea or two for anyone thinking about getting tattoos. I was thinking about something filigree if I do mine. I don't have nipples. Now I don't think I care.

• Smaarty

then they have their panties in too tight a wad. It didn't "show" anything!

• Holeinone

I agree it probably is photo shopped, but the gal next to hear, in the blue shorts, looks like she is turning her head for a better look. If you look really close you can see her nose, barely....

Sas, better do a little thrifting, that will lift your mood. Find some more of that beautiful  Aegean  glass. Trying to remember what it is called, it will come to me...soon...

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,629

No ifs, ands, or buts, its just boobs -- we all have them.Winking

Lilli

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,629

Aw, you knew what I meant.

Lilli

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

You lot have been up to mischief over night.  Naughty owlettes hehe.

I must get ready for church and will light a bucketful of candles for everyone.

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty, the one thing about getting the nips done. On the active replacement threads they talk about headlights. Mine are flat , but when I wear no bra you can see the outline of the nip. I have to carefully check the mirror, to make sure the nips aren't showing if I choose to not wear a bra. I have found though I 'm much more comfortable with a bra b/c of the weight. I did consider not getting the nips done, but then did. It's the one thing PS did very nicely. It does put the icing on the cake. Your description of the girls sitting on your chest, they will drop some as the pectorals relax. Actually, that's where your discomfort is coming from--the pectorals. Even though the TE's expand the space the muscle is a strong one. The massage OMG the replacement threads have so many jokes about massage. Like " sitting at a traffic light , finding yourself massaging the foobs and people in the next car watching" That kind of thing. The massage works. I had to be much more aggressive with the left then right. Not sure why the left wanted to keep forming a capsule. But 4  1/2 years after exchange I don't have capsules. But I still have to do the left a few times a week.