Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Smarty your talking about Deb-----to late to call her I'll google area code >>then and locate nonemergent number and find out result of fire --

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

That red bowl is gorgeous. No wonder it's $34. I'm going to keep my eyes out for some of that.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Pretty bowl, Smaarty! I love vintage, and I love red...

Sassy - I once had a boyfriend whose grandmother passed away, and his mom asked him if we wanted her complete set of "Desert Rose" dishes. Well, he thought they were ugly and said no. (GRRR - I could have taken them when I left!!!)

Holeinone - when my dad died, he had a two-story, four bedroom house, plus a two car garage, all filled to the rafters with his stuff. There was no funeral. His wife gave ALL his things to her adult children. I (his only biological child) got a tiny cardboard box with an old clock and a few pictures in it. Unfortunately, he also died without a will, so that box was it. 

Enerva - once again, too cute!!!

Sweet dreams, Teka!!!

2TA - hope you are getting some much-needed rest... HUGS!!!!

~ ~ ~ 

Life has sort of settled down with the family drama, but I'm wiped out. Arrangements are coming along nicely. I do put on a good funeral, but it's kind of sad to have developed that skill. 

Today was a lazy day - never got out of my jammies, and just vegged. Tomorrow will be very busy.

Nighty night, Owlettes!!!

• sas-schatzi

Nighty night Blessings, Yes over time we develop odd skill. Too bad about the desert rose. :)

Well Smarrty-usually that's an easy call. Non-emergent number to the department, but no one is picking up------not going to call emergent number.

In the mean time DBF had tooth ache.....had to go into my stash cupboard to see what I had. He took advil already. Found some lidocaine mouthrinse. ------so, i, tired He's calmed down. I talk to the police department in Deb's city. He was a semi jerk----polite, but no info-----the way I figure it if any ff were seriously injure last night he would have known. But then again he could have just been an analpore-----good night--out and over s

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Hi, Ladies! Sorry I'm here so late. Looks like everyone is off to bed. Thank you for your concern...hubby is home safe and sound! A little bump on head, but nothing major! Phew! Hugs to all! 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

hi debs, just was wondering, glad he's ok. Did you hear/feel the earthquake?

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

yikes, I'm several pages behind! Been sleeping most of the day, very crazy hours. 

Just want to check in so hopefully there's someone here where I read thru everything. West Coast ladies awake?

• Smaarty

yes, I'm here. I did that last night. By the time I was caught up, everybody was gone. 

Sue

• Smaarty

here's to Chevy

Night.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Night all, just came in to make a flying visit. Its a bit like Smaarty said: read everything and everyone is gone.

Don't stay too long playing on your laptops and ipads.

Love their web connections

• mdnghtdeb3

G'morning Ladies! Teka, that coffee looks good! Need to go make some.

Smarty - We aren't in SC, so no earthquake but thanks so much for thinking of us! What a sweetie!

Who needs some hugs today??? xo

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

image    image   image

Ahhhh just got my second cup, starting to wake up.  GM everyone!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,629

One is never enough.

So, I just thought....here I go.  Glad everyone has been accounted for safe and fairly sound.  Sas....and everyone.  Loved looking at the glass.  I will have to go back to that 'replacement' page.  When I opened it....I saw a picture of a ? red glass ? and I have a set of 12 that a friend gave me.  I offered to  pay but not too loudly as she likes to do what she does and not be "paid" back as it were.  She loves good karma and is very deserving of it.....so I don't fight it.

She always told me, just use them.  Well, I put 6 in my cupboard and the rest in my display cabinet.  Just wondering now....never checked, what do I really have.  They are red with the fat rings going all the way down.

Lilli

• sas-schatzi

Spookie, I kept meaning to post last night. You were way ahead of your time if you used clip on earrings on your sandals a s a teenager. A trend setter?

• sas-schatzi

Morning Owlettes, Hermie's Hoolies, Olders(? lol):

Chevy's going home today. Only taking tylenol. hardly feels she even needs that. Up with PT a couple of times, Everything's ready at home. Anxious to be out of there, home, and back here Love to all XOXO sassy.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Morning ladies - loved the discussion of glass and dishes.  When my Mom died, sis and I split her dishes and glass.  I have a couple really nice pieces of the American Brilliant Cut and some very nice carnival glass.  One piece hubby and I bought for my mom before she died at an auction for $70.  I took it back.  :)  I also got her set of Desert Rose dishes.  For the longest time they were in a box in my basement, and I sincerely considered selling them.  When we moved I decided to unpack them.  I threw the ones that were chipped and use them for our every day dishes.  Sometimes I feel it's a waste, but when I use them I always think of my Mom and Grandma, so I just enjoy 'em.  No one in my family would get the enjoyment out of them that I do, so I figure that using them myself is best.  When I die they can fight over the rest.  My family is a mess and mostly estranged anyway, so what the hey....  

• sas-schatzi

Gumby HiI like that you are using your Desert Rose as everyday.. it's nice to feel special everyday. Poor Ds living in an area Tamp that the housing cost are astronomical. He'll never fit all the stuff in. LOL. Any recommendations on what kind of Mouse to buy? How's the new house going :) I goofed on getting a JennAire didn't understand the sales guy had a floor model for 1700. Reg price to order around 2500. OH well.

I love American Brilliant Cut I was 50 when I learned about it. It was yikes how can I be this old, junking for 30 years and never hear of ABC glass. I even had a couple of pieces and didn't know it. Glad to see you here :)

• sas-schatzi

TEKA those are Lorries? Pretty any way :)

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hiding this morning cause it's mammo day !!!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Alyson,

In your pocket, sending lots of positive wishes......

• mdnghtdeb3

Teka - what a beautiful picture!!!

I can't say that I have any beautiful dishes that have been handed down to me, but I have been collecting Rowe Pottery for many years. It's a type of blue and gray pottery that fits just about anywhere. :) 

Tired today and lacking any type of motivation. I tried the coffee, but it didn't cut it. I think I miss my gym. Before surgery, I would go 4-5 days a week. It was MY time. Me, my headphones, and my own little world. I would go in the morning...even on the days I didn't feel like going, I went...it motivated me for the rest of my day. I so badly want to go work up a good sweat, but my BS says no, not yet. I think she doesn't trust me. LOL! She knows I like to lift weights and push myself. Dang it! Guess maybe it's time to pour another cup of joe. 

Feeling down today for no particular reason. Maybe I'm dreading the RO and MO appts that are coming this week. Maybe i'm tired of not being able to run, run, and run some more. Sorry...just venting. 

• illinoislady

GG -- interesting often the behavior of family members when someone passes on.  Struck by the "pleasant" division you and your sis made.  Didn't happen in my family.  My sister was going to get a truck and cart away everything my mother had.  Mom knowing about what would happen had made me the executor of her estate.   Had a great deal of concern going on, but as it turned out.....a few days after the funeral and lawyer appts. my sister went back to her home in California -- home one day, then died the following day ( no one knows if it was a diabetic coma or heart attack ) in her car.  Still needed the lawyer but no referred disputes etc. 

This would have worked out likely anyway as I am not a SERIOUS fighter.  I now have things of my mom's I treasure, but still to me the bottom line is....they only represent her, they are NOT her.   I'm glad to have them though as I know she would be happy about it. 

I don't know why it is so important ( other than the obvious -- that a loved one hoped you would have something ) to have things that belonged to someone else.  Even more so when you have given little to the relationships over-all.  Another one of life's perplexing questions.  I know I'm late on this cause. just looked up at the bar above and see another page. 

Lilli

• illinoislady

((((((Alyson))))))

Lilli

• Smaarty

venting is good for the soul. Go for it. Nobody here will disparage you for it. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

midnightDeb, I also love that blue & gray salt-glazed Rowe Pottery and own several pieces.  I've been to their pottery works in Cambridge WI, just outside Madison.  I am such a fan of pottery, just the idea that you take clay from the earth, form and fire it, and it's a useful thing.

((hugs)) to all with upcoming appt's!  ♥

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Just checking in guys...today is a better day....so maybe there is hope!

I feel like a terrible mix of bad hangover/early pregnancy from hell going here. Im fighting naseua, appetite is funky and nothing tastes good. My head feels heavy and there is a weird detached feeling that I have, until my 4 year old starts being loud and then I'm fully "engaged". lol

Hopefully tomorrow I continue to improve, I honestly don't know that I can do this for 5 more rounds. they say it gets easier.....

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Hi guys!  I'm home.... It kind of hurts sitting here.... but I'll try again in the morning.....  Just wanted to say I missed you all, and LOVE you all!  xoxoxoxo

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

CHEVY.....welcome back ! You have scared the beejeebees out of us! 

Take it easy, move gently & take your meds....

• sas-schatzi

Yay you made it there. Hugs welcome home :)