Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

tang, 

You are describing the "red devil" well. I felt like it was legal torture, but hate to tell that to someone, when they are waiting to get going. 

You will feel better and get some good days in between infusions. Hang in there, it is still so fresh for me, just a few months, that I am sick thinking about you being sick....Yikes ! I have post traumatic stress disorder. 

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Hey Chevy!!!!  Welcome home!  Take it easy now.   Oh, and stay away from ice and rocks except in your drink.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

CHEVYBOY - 

XOXOXOXO

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Tang, hugs, can't make it change sorry. But perhaps this thought may help. Recently during cold snap. we started drinking beef broth and chicken broth as a substitute for coffee. I've always loved AuJus beef sandwiches.  It's so gentle on the stomach and warm. I now keep a box of swansons pour box in frig just for drinking. can't imagine why I never thought of it that way before. Bless you. More hugs sassy

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Welcome home ((CHEVY)) thanks for checking in.  Hope you like tulips!  We all chipped in. ♥

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Welcome home Chevy. Rest and relax. Glad you're back.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy!!!!! WELCOME BACK. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!!!! Take it easy be good, take meds. 

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,629

Mama Mia, she's back ( Chevy ) and life is good again.

Lilli

• badger

Tang -  for the nausea, try to eat small frequent meals. An empty stomach was not my friend.  Try weak tea with milk & honey and some lightly toasted bread (butter optional).  I ate a lot of bland white food like oatmeal, rice, saltine crackers, applesauce, mashed potatoes and toast.  Craved roast pork loin but could not abide beef.  Picked up a bunch of crystal light iced tea packets and what I liked one week I wouldn't the next.

I have a co-worker who was pregnant while I was on chemo.  We shared many traits.  Here's the list we developed one day, just for fun.  Hope it makes you smile.  ♥

* we both carry around food at all times to ward off nausea

* we both believe our mental capacity is slightly diminished

* we both pack meds for constipation, diarrhea, and heartburn

* we are both off certain food and drink (coffee) we used to love

* we both have food cravings

* we both have sore feet

* we both have slight swelling of the ankles esp when we've been on our feet too much

* neither of us will have a period for the foreseeable future

* we both are forbidden from alcohol and aspirin

* we both have increased sensitivity to taste and smell

* we both are likely to gain weight irrespective of our actual food consumption

* we both are likely to develop acne... OMG puberty again!?!  Shocked

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Chevy, Welcome back! Don't push things. Remember we need rest to heal.

• sas-schatzi

Badger, what it a hoot , it's all true

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Badger = OMG! You love Rowe, too...and you have been to Cambridge!?! Me too!!! The store is adorable. My Aunt Debbie and I drove there and ended up staying the night at one of the bed and breakfast places...oh, and we met Jim Rowe himself! I have a bowl signed by him that my Aunt bought me for my birthday! How many pieces would you say you have? Any historical pieces? I love the antique look of the older historical ones. The brown glaze accent really adds to them. Yep, I'm with you...something about taking from the earth!!! 

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Smaarty - Thank you!

Alyson - Big hugs!!!

Tang - Glad today is a better day, but I know you could use a hug as well! :) 

Sas - You posted the link to Rowe! Yay! 

Chevy - Welcome Home!!!! xo

Teka - Having one of those days, too? Hugs for you!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Chevy, welcome back!

My SIL used to have a Rainbow Lorie that paced in its cage saying, " Let me out of here dammit!"

Paula

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

CONFESSION: I set a terrible example for my 16 year old Grandaughter, Kaylen. We were just leaving Max & Erma's after church when a dwarf walked past our van on the way into the resturant. I lost all control and started singing....Follow the Yellow Brick Road. I know, I'm a horrible old lady, but I repented to God and to Kaylen. Thank God the little person didn't hear me.

• spookiesmom

Somebody said it snowed in Tallahassee. I don't know for sure, 6 hours north of me. 

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Badger :) Thank you.....and I agree totally with your list. I have been living off of applesauce and cheerios, with a little oatmeal thrown in. I am a little concerned about my protien intake, so I think I'm gonna check out those protien shakes or something.

My mental capacity does feel highly diminished...to the point that I'm not sure that I could actually do my job if I feel like this on Tuesday. I'm very happy that I am off tomorrow for Presiden'ts Day, other wise it would be an interesting day for work.

• spookiesmom

I really don't know. Someone on another forum lives there, in area, said she had snow. Not a lot, just a dusting. During that vortex thing. 

• Holeinone

tang, chemo brain.....

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hope to dance with the stable boy for a long time to come. Seven years since Mx. True a couple of nasty scares on the way but here I am.

• Holeinone

Alyson, 

YEEHA ....! ...Happy Dance......

• spookiesmom

yeah! You go Aly!!!! Woooooohoooooo HAPPY DANCE TIME

• FairyDogMother
    FairyDogMother Member Posts: 154

luvmygoats-
    I’m about 40 minutes east of Oklahoma City. My dog client was great.

I am thankful for the olympics I can stay up an watch them in the wee hours.  I tried not to get online anymore hoping I would get back to sleep sooner. I'm trying this for a week.  I am going to sign up for a 5K on Saturday, so I"m guarantee to have no sleep on Friday night.  

• spookiesmom

Hate to be a party pooper, but is that 5k ok with everybody? I sure couldn't have done it

• FairyDogMother

Well, I'm a runner and it has been 4 weeks from last chemo. I rested the whole month of January during chemo 3-4, becuase I had the flu. I had to promise MO that I would wait 4 weeks before I took on more adventures.  I did a 1 mile today, my times are 3 minutes slower than before BC so I hope it is fine.  My last 5K was between chemo 2-3.   I see my MO and RO on Wednesday, I might just say I"m doing a 5K. 

• badger

attawoman FDM!  If you need support or motivation, or are looking for like-minded people, please join us on the Let's Post our Daily Exercise thread.  Great bunch of ladies, all shapes sizes stages & levels of fitness. ♥

• FairyDogMother

Thank you Badger. I'm on the running 2014 thread.  I'm a stubborn cancer patient. My motto is "chemo won't win and cancer won't win today." It was hard for me to let my body rest to fight the flu. I have bad peripheral neuropathy, but I figure I will have to fight through it. I"m in pain if i sit or walk, so might as well start loosing that weight. 

• badger

Alyson - hooray for NED!

Good night all!  ♥

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Nite nite 

• sas-schatzi

Yay aly