Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Morning Cami and Chevy:) We've already finished a pot of coffee. I learned today to not eat toast with jam and then try to use the mouse roller. Once it gets jam on it , you can't get it off

Chevy don't bother about details on SV, they can't change anything. Same with details on hip ---irrelevant, it's fixed and that's all that matters.

Cami , My Mom tried POT one time, she was so stoned. she thought she was normal. We had to put her to bed.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Sas, I think I did start to understand the pathways lesson. Ziggypop little Cliff notes did help. My Dr. Are so conservative, if its not standard protocol, you are talking to yourself. I made it through dose dense chemo, felt like I was poisoned, but I survived. I seem to be ok on the Arimidex, so far.

What in the heck is a mouse roller?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Thanks Hole--I thought what is a mouse thingy, so I'm not the only one good.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Sas,

You really should not use the words scrotum and blow by blow in the same paragraph!!

Feeling ambitious and on a mission!  Off to see my PS and sort this mess out!

Have a great day ladies!!

• camillegal

44444ThumbsUp

• Holeinone

morning Cami, see our brains aren't fried due to a little help from our friends. I wonder if that would be a better choice than my occasional red wine. Ah, the tough decisions of life...

Teka, yum, looks so good

Chevy, do not tear that prescription up just yet. Think about it, cause shit happens, and even though you might not need/want it now, it never hurts to have a strong pain med hidden underneath the mattress. I do not like oxy, actually I have never been prescribed it. But I did take a couple when I was very sick with diverticulitis. It does its job if there is raging pain. 

Morning all, I promise I won't talk about my neck.....today.....

• sas-schatzi

$ goodluck, i'll watch my blowing and scrotums in the same sentence.

GGthe mouse has a center thingy that rolls to move the cursor. I got jam on it. Btw It's your fault I was talking about scrotums and blowing.      each time you read the cyp450 stuff , it'll make more sense. Think of it as a golf course and all the rules you have to follow for golf. As far as the doc, we change'em. by being knowledgeable about stuff. I didn't pay attention in 2011 that a test was available. I'm now tested for the 6 big players. If there's a drug screw up b/c of it  I'll holler. 

After studying the results , I had a major interaction between coreg and wellbutrin @3a4.---- recommendation to change beta-blocker. I have cut dose in half and am monitoring BP. Of course, I'd tell ya'll too see your doc.

• camillegal

Oh hole talk about u'r neck, u'r head, u'r chest, u'r cumsequama anything u want, anytime u want.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

SAS, check the bottom of your mouse to check if the piece the ball drops through to let you scroll can come off.  Some have arrows.  If that's the case, twist that piece.  It will loosen so when you turn the mouse over it and the ball will drop out.  You can then clean the ball.  Also, check to see if there are little roller balls around the inside.  If there are, they get a build up of dirt, usually in the middle of them, that can be cleaned off.  I use a paper clip that I've opened up.  Your mouse should work like a charm if it's the kind I had when I worked.  

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Sas thanks for all that info. I'll start looking into it this week. DH is prepping for colonoscopy tomorrow, men are such babies. The upside is I don't have to make dinner tonite!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy I changed the pic again, somebody wanted to see Spookie in full coat. She's on the coffee table, no coffee there cause Kris would drink it. This pic was her 3 rd bday, just back from groomer. 

• camillegal

OK Spookie, I'm on u'r DH's side this time that crap to drink--oh just give hime thenewspaper, phone and let hime sit there--that the most disgusting test we all know that.

• sas-schatzi

Cami your a genius. I had a patient one time that responded that the prep wasn't so bad. It was just as you said.  Whoa Nelly. Queried him and used his method ever since for myself and patients

As soon as the first bowel movement starts, just stay in the bathroom on the throne. Have the jug on tray table or counter. As soon as you feel the pressure, let go. No tightening the butt and running. In one end out the other. Read. Have another chair in BR to switch to if butt gets sore.

Kathy HI, Thanks, gotter fixed

• camillegal

Well Sas Thanks but we all know I'm no genius, but I do anything that makes things easier for me always---beside my IQ is 139, hardly a genius level. Loopy

• Holeinone

Envera, 

CNN has been doing a leading story on Venezuela, and the problems, economy, demonstrations. It sounds like a mess, is the President a dictator? 

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Hi Insomniacs- I hope everyone is having an okay Tuesday. I am home sick with a bit of a cold. I was super tired Sunday, sneezing all day yesterday and voila, woke up with my achy sneezy self today. So I opted out of working at the client site today, and working from home as well as napping. Everyone is sick with colds around here, less so with the flu now (very bad in Dec and Jan here).

The comments about not using scrotum and blow by blow in the same sentence made me laugh, and laugh and laugh.....

Cami- no taxes since 2007? You lucky girl. Our government is too busy trying to get themselves out of trouble anymore to come after anybody these days. I mailed my tax info to my accountant on Saturday, and wait to see what else we need to do before we file.

Chevy- I hope you are feeling better and stronger every day.

Teka- hi girlfriend! Happy

Over and out for now ladies. Will check in again when I can.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

this is for Cami and teka

• sas-schatzi

Cami you are way up there sweetie. If you were in school today you would be in the "Gifted Class" , but we knew that :) That's 130 and above.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Smaarty, I may have to get some china paint and make me one of those cups.

• camillegal

Oh Sas believe it or not I was and it was so boring, no one talked or got silly but me. So it didn't help me, I was always in the deans office. Oh well wasted youth The old if I knew then what I know now---what a difference.

Oh my taxes got caught and according to them I owe over 6,000.00 for 2 yrs/ and I couldn't make my mortgage payments I was so broke and I wrote them and laughed why in the hell could I possibly owe any money when I had no assets except my Dis and SS which added up to about 2,000. a mo. and medical bill and persrips. At that time my car was 15 yrs. old always need some work--Why do u think I'm always writing to the government--they have destroyed me in a couple of ways financially. And they don't care--that's the fun part. I wrote one time they effed up the whole country and they want to have my little bit of money to even the debt, Oh I can't get started--this I stress about cuz I am dealing with idiots beyond redemption, and they have been voted in, that's even harder to take. They're the ones who called my oldest DD and told her I am unbalanced and should be put away. A$$es Imagine if I left my house a lot the trouble I could get into.

Oh again I'm saying nothing so I'll stop, but u guys are used to me so it's all right.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Cami, You probably owe $50 and all the rest is late fees. Like some credit cards I won't name publicly. 

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Wanna come visit, Cami?

• sas-schatzi

Maddy, hope you get some sleep tonight. felling better?

Ziggy, pass some this way. OOPS that would be illegal too bad. ERHH did I tell you I transferred your comment to the 2d6 thread. Watching it all day, I spammed all these threads this morning , that I'm not on . MODS didn't delete and sent me no PM to behave. 1033 to 1219.views, only a few posts, some good traffic. Hope it will make some good change.

Jazzy, your pic is great on it own, but kinda of goes well with Ziggy's post. Now if we had some that we could smoke, chew, or swallow to get rid of tinnitus me and chevy would be on it ALL the time. Particularly loud tonight.

Good night Mrs. Calabash :)

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

It finally stopped snowing!  It snowed all over my clean unsnowy sidewalks.  Those are different than the pathways that you guys are talking about, right?

I just finished working on some budget stuff and my eyes are crossing. 

Sassyfrats - thanks for talking me down today.  I downloaded those books already.  Hell, I shoulda just threatened the d****head with my paintball gun.  That would have solved the problem!  I bet he's a big sissy when confronted.  Hmmmm, what color paint should I use.......

I think it's time for some hot chocolate with butterscotch schnapps.  Okay.... without the schnapps, but it will be less tasty and less effective.

P

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Hola!

Just rolling by to say hello...I scrolled thru some back pages and see a mix of Genetics and Pot talk, guess wish one I'd preferLoopy

Nice little thunderstorm blowing over and the house is nice and quiet with everyone asleep. My taste buds are dead, but for some reason I can taste orange sherbert perfectly!

BTW, hot chocolate and butterscotch snchapps sounds yummy.....mmmm

• Holeinone

tang, howdy, when is your next A/C?

The lack of taste is weird, do you also have a stronger sense of smell? That might take another tx or 2, but my sniffer went on overdrive..

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

I go in for my 2nd one a week from Thursday. I'm getting TAC, all of them at once. I have moments when my sense of smell goes crazy and everything seems really strong. It's like pregnancy!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

yes, Sassy, I'm awake now but don't know for how long. The true night owl I am, I fall between 1 and 3 AM. Slept in till around 11, then back to sleep. Up this afternoon for a bit, then back to sleep. The anti-b's , Phenergan and Benedryl are knocking me out but still have the cough, sore throat, and stuff. Wish I would feel better. 

Jazzy Girl, the cat picture looks just like my cat. 

• Holeinone

2ndtimeMaddy, 

Sorry you are still sick ! It seems like you have had this too long. Either that or time is moving really slow. Hope you get feeling better.