Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Cute kitten and lemur.  Dang, it's awful crowded in sassies pocket. Move over someone! 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Guys I love you all, and thanks to those that popped in that don't usually come--very sweet :). I just feel all the energy coming from you-----so warm and good. I took a brain break last night and went to a late dinner with 2 friends. Already have done a bunch of preop things I shouldn't have--typical nurse. I won't tell what they are--bad example. Nurses are THE worst patients. 

If history holds true when they are putting me out with that beautiful drug versed, I'll be talking like a magpie. C-section, I was trying to get this doc to do a lecture for the paramedics. Craniotomy(brain), I was trying to talk them do to a study on fentanyl 7 day use(Phylisssss). Can you imagine today. The poor doc will be hearing 2d6, 2c9 2c19, #a4.3a5, Intermediate this, rapid that. 

It's a thyroidectomy, I will be in overnight. Most of the gals I worked with on 3rd floor  have left, but if I'm lucky I may see some. In the OR & Recovery& preop there are oodles of people that I used to work with. Scheduled for 1pm ready time, roll in @2, approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hrs, recovery 1-2 hrs, room time 6.  DS will be with me. Told DBF to work---no way could he sit for hours in waiting room. But he will come tonight. They have created a whole polyurethane free equipment  box. The pick list and product list----whole scenario could be published. 

Chevy, Big bang theory is this decades Friends. Once you figure out the characters rolls, you will be hooked. It's been on for years. I just found it this last 7-8 months. WE decided we were tired of all the police/forensic/serial killer shows. Now it's Everybody Loves Raymond, BBT, I love lucy, Friends. Middle. Looking always for the funny shows now.

Off to get ready and do at least a couple of things they told me to do. L&H&P's sassy

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Thinking of you Sassy!! ((hugs))

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Jwoo, Loved the kitten video. Every white cat owner's dream: a cat who loves baths. Hope they had the blow dryer ready to go.

Chevy, you can groom cats. Depending on the cat, of course. Some love it. Others will try to kill you. Hopefully you can tell which kind you're dealing with.

SAS, Here's to an uneventful surgery. Oops, forgot you're NPO. (evil laugh)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Okay, just went to the Ortho Doc.  Healing excellent!  I got 2 pics of what they did....  They screwed that upper rod into the ball and joint...  I am now "stabilized".....Loopy

Then stopped at Starbucks.... couldn't make it to Walmart...DANG!  Gotta take it easy....  NO MORE ALEVE.... she said.... something about anti-inflammatory something.  So just Xstrength Tylenol.... 

Wren.... I asked, because DD's cat will NOT sit still for nail trimming...  Nor any othr kind of monkey business...

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

sending love your way Sas!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Chevy Good news --WOOT WOOT--but I do think the Dr. went to far when he used the word stable in u'r prognosis, that word does not apply to you. See I told u to take it easy--so there. That's an expression used decades ago--well u would know u probably made it up.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Wow, Chevy i hope you feel better soon.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Chevy, I'm not good a trimming nails either and my current foster needs a trim. She has hair between her toes and it's hard to see the nail. I hate to spend the big bucks on a foster cat but it may come to that.

If you have a smart phone, you should put the x-ray photo on it so you can show it to security at the airport if you fly.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Chevy-that pic was cool and awful at the same time...it looks painful! BTW-I tried to groom Jackson once and he looked terrible after. Poor thing, I think he's experiencing an identity crisis over his unkept status. lol

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - Just catching up after getting back home from DD's and a long nap. By my calculations you should be nearing the end of surgery. Prayers for an uneventful time and easy recovery. Awaiting good news soonest. LH&Ps.

Chevette - I forgot to tell you that I loved your pic of you and your DB. So sweet. Oweeii for the posted pic of screws/rods. Take it easy.

Tang - maybe you could drop off doggy and DD could pick him up (or the other way around since I guess you would need to pay for beauty day for him). Agreed play the C card (or just maybe "illness" card). We had a wire haired fox terrier 30+ years ago. We groomed him mostly with scissors but I didn't care much what he looked like only that it was easy to keep clean - he did like to roll in nasty stuff. Loving this warm weather but Sunday looks like a bummer.

• Chevyboy

Wren, good idea!  I printed off that little picture, because I don't have a smart-phone....Ha!  So I'll just carry it with me, just in case.  They scan you anyway, and should be able to see that....

Cammi, you little turd!  Yes.... the Doc told me to "slow down" and do heel-toe....heel-toe...  so I won't limp.  It's just hard, you know with those sky-hi-stillettos on...Winking  I feel really good though, after that nap and a pill.... 

It was so funny having lunch with my DD yesterday.... I got up to go to restroom, and she said "why are you hurrying" and I said, so no-one will notice this stupid walker.

She said "I'm more concerned about them seeing you with those pink fleece crocs on!"    Brat!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

love the pics, especially the puppy. SHe so ugly thay she's cute. 

OMG, that xray looks like it should hurt more than you're saying.

It's finally raining hard. Yeah. Should last until tomorrow. Hope we get more. 

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

Sas, sending get-well wishes your way. I truly understand the talkative woman with versed: I tried to get my BS to do my last procedure under local as it was MOSTLY pretty superficial I thought, but she thought it might be a little deeper and told me she really didn't want me "helping" her, so I did the yappy happy on versed chatter.

Big Bang Theory has been my favorite show since it came on 7 years ago. DH and I are both involved in science & research, and these characters are people we KNOW and sometimes we even ARE these characters! I have the collection Seasons 1-6, but find I don't really need them right now as we can see about 3 hours a day in reruns.

I don't remember if I posted this, but this is especially for SAS and others who are interested in clinical trials. I was reviewing the exclusion criteria for one (and I am NOT making this up!!!) said exclusion criteria included 

"Have a personal history of any of the following conditions: presyncope or syncope of either unexplained or cardiovascular etiology, ventricular arrhythmia (including but not limited to ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation), sudden cardiac death, or sudden cardiac arrest."

I guess those already expired patients put a kink in the results - makes it hard to determine which category to put them in - success or failure of the treatment!

Chevy, nice black & white portrait of your hip! 

Am enjoying catching up with all of you - lordy, you do run fast & furious here! 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Sas, by now it should be over, hope everything is ok and you're dancing with NED

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I felt a lump near my armpit and BS did too.  She said it didn't feel like mass really. She ordered an ultrasound of my axilla and chest near my axilla today.  Nothing concerning was seen.  There was some convexity to the muscle there?  Maybe after effects of radiation?

• dutchiris

Sas....hope everything went well.

Soteria...are you warm yet?

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Chevy's real xray

• dutchiris

Wow Bluebird!  That's hilarious!

• Chevyboy

Oh shut-up you guys!  That makes me laugh!  Ha!

Sass!  How's it goin' kid?

LittleDutch.... Sounds like not much to worry about, but keep getting it checked...  I know what you mean, though.

Hi Linda and Smarty.... go to bed! xoxoxoxo

• dutchiris

Yes Chevy,  I see her (the BS) again in four weeks.  :)  She is wonderful.  I called this morning with a concern.  Her nurse had me come in this morning.  I saw my BS and had an US done by 1:00.  So amazing!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Bluebird====that's Chevy I know it.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

just seeing how everyone's doing this Friday evening. Very rainy and wet here.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Hey night & day owls!  Sassy can you feel the love coming your way from all over the world?  ♥

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

LOL - Bluebird, you found it!

Sassy is all the racket in your pocket keeping you awake? 

Chevarita - you have some damn good lookin' bones for an old fart! 

Dutchiris, that's how my onc is, last time I saw him. he wheeled me down to the er himself. I asked the if they ever had a doc do that before & they said they'd never even had a doc come down there at all. Glad there was nothing concerning on the ultrasound. 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

OMG-SAS, don't look, you'll bust your stitching laughing too hard! Love the X-ray. 

Went out for lunch with friends then decided I needed a new swim suit. Decided a 2-piece since I don't think the bottom size will fit the top now. Went to Sears. Not in store yet so online now. If I can't find a top I like I'll have to make it. The bought bottoms shouldn't be a problem. 

I need to check and see if I can go swimming in April. That's 2 months after sx, I remember him saying something about not swimming for 3 months.

Hope most of you are sleeping. SAS, be good!

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

wren! "SAS, Here's to an uneventful surgery. Oops, forgot you're NPO. (evil laugh)" - here I always thought you were one of the nice ones, Wren. 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Me, today....

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Poor poor punkins!!!!!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

OMG love that dog lol 

here is another cute guy.