Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

For you, Sassy

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Teka, We had one that fetched too. Lots of fun. Does she have that wonderful Maine Coon personality?

Goldie, our foster cat, has decided to come upstairs in the morning for snuggles. She crawls under the covers between us and purrs. Normally she comes up at 7:30 when we're ready to get up. Today DH had to take the plumbing snake back by 8:00 and she came up at 6:00. We think maybe the coffee pot is her signal.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Teka-my parents have a maine coon cat, his name is Griffin and he loves to talk! Smile

• 2nd_time_around

Teka, thanks, that's Snowball, our Siamese (flame point), who had been abused before we adopted her. Didn't see her for years. Had her about 13 years. Quite the talker at times. She's trainable. Will try to post pic of DD's cat, she's really dumb (just stayed out in the cold rain for almost 20 minutes).

Anyone hear from Sassy?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 35

Hey  Night Owls.  Stopping in to say hi, but it seems quiet here, and I'm yawning so much now and this guy looks how I feel Winking so going to run off to bed.  Night night.

yawning-snowy-owl-by-pat-gaines-cc.jpg (455×640)

Oceana

marvelous-nicole-rodriguez.jpg (180×119)

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

re: the bathing cat vid, someone sent it to me because I have a long haired white princess that loooves a bath. she lays down in it and just purrrrrrrrs. it is the getting out and getting dry part that causes the ruckus! The other 2 cats and our 2 dogs don't care for any part of it!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

Chevy- you are a brave woman. Your xray almost made me pass out! I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do, but - dang! hope you are feeling better soon!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I had a Maine Coon cat.  Thought he was a dog,even buried bones.  He loved going for  rides and always went with me except when I went to work or on a date. He knew that if I was wearing heels he had to stay home and didn't even ask to go along. When we were in the car he draped himself around the back of my neck and looked out  the side window.

His best friend was Dad's dachshund.  When we went to visit Mom and Dad  the dog would meet us at the door, the two of them would stand on their hind legs and hug each other..

• 2nd_time_around

Chabba, the dog and cat - how cute! That would have made a great photo.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi I,m here on kindle typing will be bad . Mixed my signals with Dr he was to capitalise to post  anesthesia wonderful. Too much talking very much pain as result all self induced very much like bad case of strep throat

Lots and lots of old friends  :)that.s why the pain. Much talking and laughing .stArting to sound like 

2:15am. Haven.t peed haven.t farted and   hungry, at least burping,and urinary retention oh yeah already said that 

Painless givenot kindle speak. No idea ,I thin its artificial intelligence. 'm see work.  Bob lad hugs

h very sweet

• sas-schatzi

Someone's getting her goons squished today????? Pocket party might be dangerous.UU

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

SAS,  thanks for checking in.  Been thinking of you all day.

• 2nd_time_around

sassy, even on pain meds you have much to say. That's a good sign. Sleep well, my friend!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Okay, what did she say?  She is going to get a KICK out of THAT one when her mind returns!  

I have a few questions there Sass, but better wait until you have a few more zzzzz's and pain meds to ask....image 

I was going to CALL you, until you posted, and then I found you to be reasonably okay..... sort of.

• sas-schatzi

Pain from t

• Chevyboy

So okay, MORNING gals!   It just makes me start my day off with a smile, finding all of you here!

And yes Smarty...  It sometimes hurts, but you would THINK a lot worse than it does...  I'm just taking one Xstrength Tylenol every 5 hours now.  It just gets "tired".... I mean my whole leg does.  I would have been better off walking around Walmart, than trying to find the Ortho's office!  We parked HERE, went in, walked around..."Lost"... Then called the office...  "Wrong building"...  Walked out, whining.... Out to car... getting in and out is a bitch.  Drove around, finally FOUND building 7....  WTH????  DH dropped me off.... whine, whine...  Went in, didn't have a clue!  Saw a person that looked like she knew something...   DH came in, just as I was ready to collapse...  "Nice person" directed us to elevator, and to office....  SAT, and filled out 4,000 papers...  whine, moan...  Called in, finally....  Walked more, down for x-rays....  NOW IT HURTS!!!! damnit!  Talked to surgeon, and made her laugh....  I'm doing very well, considering pain meds have now worn completely OFF! 

Back to car....  oh, ow...  DH took me to Starbucks... my reward... Got home, and felt MUCH better....

Linda, you mean you didn't understand that?  Ha!  You KNOW, me and Cammi would have knocked that out of the park, right?   It was saying something about your heart....  I know that much.

Bluebird, I sent that pic to my Daughters, Ha! 

LittleDutch, so glad you have someone like that, who cares about you, and you can FIND when you have a question! 

Cammi, You don't know Jack!  Ha, ha!  Except I like THAT picture more than my real one! 

Maddy, it's "raining"..?  That just sounds so nice to me...  Not cold and snow... 

Morning Badger.... Love the Picture! 

Oh, so little shit finally spills the beans!  She was, uh, ahem, messin' with her doc on the way DOWN to surgery!  Figures.  I just knew it. 

Actually, that WAS very special!  Just teasing you, you little tramp!

And Smarty is making us all jealous by talking about swim-suits, of all things!  A "2-piece" one in fact!   I have a swim-suit.... don't know what FOR, but I might need one some day!  Not that I could ever fit IN it.

Morning Spookie, Teka, Enerva, Wren and Blessings!...  We all love our little pets, don't we...?  That's why I love you all.

Maddy, that's a beautiful kitty! 

Oh, Oceana?  I love that picture, and your Avatar!  You MUST be from CA or somewhere warm, right?  We don't know what that is.... 

JWoo.... beautiful picture!  Fun story about her bath!....   She will teach you to mind, and just LEAVE her in her bath! 

Chabba, yes...  That's unusual, I mean you can find sweet pictures on the Internet, but to really SEE them doing that is just special....

And so Sass was on her Kindle.... It wasn't the typing so much, as trying to wrap my brain around what she MEANT, Ha, ha!   But I think I got it!  Cammi would decipher the whole thing FOR us.... 

Love you Sass! xoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning everyone--busy people around here.

Oh it great we heard from Sas, even tho I really don't have a clue what she was talking about and she won't either so Checy I can't deciper anything. And look who's calling ANYONE  a tramp--kind of ironic.

Oh I love all the furbaby pics, u know I'm a sucker for all of them.

Chevy no wonder u had so much pain, just trying to find the ?Dr. was an experience in PT.

I'm not awake--I woke up to a work call and thought Really? and told him straight out I hadn't had my coffee yet so talk slowly and clearly.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Good morning owlies!! Just wanted to say hello and hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Sassy it's good to hear from you :) It's going to be close to 80 here today, and then tomorrow a possible ice storm. haha......that's how we roll in Texas.

((hugs))

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Sassy love ya but WTF?  Better have some breakfast!  ♥

Happy Saturday everyone.  Almost Sunday morning for some?

• badger

Happy

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

projection     prəˈjekSHən

noun

noun: projection; plural noun: projections

1) A self-defense mechanism characterized by one unconsciously attributing their own issues or shameful behaviors onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

CHEVY

• ziggypop

sassy, you need to wake up, chevy's being mean, even cami thinks so. 

• ziggypop

Why can't anybody understand Sas?

"Painless givenot kindle speak. No idea ,I thin its artificial intelligence. 'm see work. Bob lad hugs h very sweet"

Clear as a bell ... as usual. 

Love you Sassy. 

• wren44

They say it's not cold enough to snow in Seattle, but will north of here. Hope that's not famous last words. It will rain, just colder rain than last week.

SIL is moving in tonight for 3 days. She's here for a poetry writer's conference. It featured thousands of people reading in hundreds of different places. I think the person who put it together will need to go away for a long rest. I need to go get the spare room vacuumed, so TTTL.

• ziggypop

Two months no smoky! See Chevster, I am working to better myself, it's a concept some people know about. 

• wren44

Ziggy, Congrats! Good for you! 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

FOR MISS SASSYPANTS:

• Chevyboy

Oh Ziggers!  2 months?  Congratulations, and I really mean it..... I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging..... oh wait.... yes I am, but I quit smoking in 1964.... Probably before you were even born!  The reason I quit, after the 3rd try, is because I could not BREATHE....!  I mean I always had asthma issues, bronchitis, and it ached in my chest when I would inhale!   I was 27 when I quit.... 

Teka, good for YOU!  I smoked a pack a day, and quit when they were 30 cents a pack.... It was hard to scrape up enough money, even at THAT price!  Remember Kool, and Paxton Cigarettes? 

Been snowing off and on here today.... but the sun is trying to come out.... Put on a pot of chili with home-made beans.  None of those store-bought beans for US!  I took out the farts, by soaking, then boiling, then adding them to the chili, pork, peppers, onions, tomatoes and garlic mix!   I probably have enough for ALL of you, if you want to stop by?

• badger

Chevy, I'm in!  I'll bring cheese, and BEER.

image  image