Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

OK I've had three cups of coffee, time to go shovel some snow!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Take care Sassy, sorry this one was rough.  And I no the NO talking thing is going to be tough!!!!!

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday, hope everyone is having a great weekend and heads into a good week!

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Sassy, luckily you can 'talk' to us (and I will interpret for you so Cami can understand what you're saying). Anyway, here's what's been going on.. The cheveroo is eating weird stuff, like chili and eggs on tortillas - which by itself would be great - but then she's putting prunes on top of it and washing the whole mess down with Jack which is pretty gross for breakfast. Plus she's planning this big 'outing' to Walmart - she's been planning it for about a week now, but she can't decide on the sequined zip up bodysuit or the two piece Hooteresque outfit. She's trying to set a record for how many people she can take down with her old lady wheely thing & she's really going to be disappointing because she has lousy aim. You really need to get better because Cami and I can't be expected to keep her in line all by ourselves. 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Ziggy, you little shit!  We did not go to Walmart.... Just only went to the store...  I copied and pasted your post, and sent it to my Daughter's.....  they understand why I love you guys so much!  Because you tease me back!

I didn't get to mow anyone down, only barely missed tripping (yet again) on a rug, they had down to protect from slipping!  A gal ran over and sort of help me upright!   But I checked myself out!  I was proud!  Then sat, until DH could find his frozen hamburgers....

Walker works better than the BUGGY!  Man, I just GOTTA get stronger soon! 

Washing a load of clothes....  and going to watch Nascar....  I mean hop on my Harley, and ride off into the sunset!  Shocked

Come on Sass.....  Easy does it....  we're thinking of you..... give us a report as soon as you can!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Sasafrass, sending lots of love & shhhh...I will be over later to share that 45' Rothschild that Miss Ziggypop sent over. 

Chevy, get in that damn recliner and stay put for awhile. 

Pawprint, good to hear from you.....they tell you to eat liver? Yuk! no way...

Academy Awards tonight, I have not seen any of the movies that are up for Best Picture. What a home body dork I have become, I do love going to the movies.  I am looking forward to the show, eating buttered popcorn and relaxing. Need to start renting some of these movies. 

The weather here is gorgeous. Yah for spring ! 

Hello to all .....

• Chevyboy

Of course they're fake! I saw her at the snowcone stand yesterday!

Hi to you GG!  Okay.... I'll sit back and relax for awhile.... soon as I load the dryer! xoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Jeez Chevy u'r like people in my family--certainly not me--When I had my first operation the doc told me no vacuuming--so I didn't vacuum for 2 yrs, my girls finally figured it out--they would come every week and vacuum that was about 17 yrs ago so I was still "young" .

• Chevyboy

We need to call in cabana' boys to do our chores....!  I mean to clean out our lower cupboards, like the ones we can't crawl into anymore....  and  and to scrub under the edges of the cabinets, fridge and stove!  I used to do it on my hands and knees.... My swiffer mop, that I use bar-towels and spray on, work, but I USED to spend a lot more time on stuff like that! 

I just can't try going upstairs yet, or even into our little basement...  Nothing there I NEED, but it's just something I want to be able to do, and then get rid of stuff we don't need anymore.  Once I get down there, I can set it all on the steps, and DH will take it up the rest of the way!     I'll give a bunch of stuff to DD for her Spring yard-sale....

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

I'm SO sorry that Sassyfrasspants cannot TALK!  OMG! We never discussed that part of recovery.  I'm so bummed.  She's probably frantic!  Well,  unless she has good meds.  That might mellow her out.  'Cause I have to tell you women, that girl can TALK!  It's another of her talents, like  ...oh say, research, teaching, having a younger man, knowing all the pooping treatments, etc.  What a woman!  I miss her voice on the phone, though.

I am attaching a link to one of my new favoritest songs, "Say Yer Sorry" by the Haunted Windchimes.  They have a lot of good songs, especially on "Out With the Crow".  This just reminds me of my paintball gun.  http://youtu.be/iHkxob41p40

P

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,676

Late as late can be but always thinking of you all.

The Smile

Lilli

• camillegal

Teka I knew Lupina or something like that was going to win----Hollywood loves her and her dress was such a pretty shade of blue.

My brother ha d that operation last year and his voice was raspy for like over a week, Then had treatment and he's good now.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

this thread has been quiet a while - everyone watching the Academy Awards?

Sassy, hope you're resting comfortably. When do you get sprung from the hospital?

Sending hugs out to everyone

• camillegal

I thought she looked lovely in that dress, especially for a newcomer, she's always  so stylish for these awards.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

We've only seen one...and it was Friday night we downloaded Nebraska...oh wait we also have seen Captain Philips. I liked CP better than Nebraska, but dh liked N better. Anyway, it's cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra here tonight...seriously we were close to 80 yesterday and the temps dropped like 50 degrees overnight. We had thunder sleet off and on all day. CRay!

Supposed to have my port put in tomorrow, hopefully the weather won't interfere.

Nerdy

• camillegal

Port is great, and I still have mine==I guard it.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

I've heard the port is greatness!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Tang, good luck tomorrow with your port.  I love mine.  It's such a fashion accessory!

P

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi owlettes have been off at a family reunion. pleased to see Sas has posted. I so tired must fly

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Watched the Oscars... meh!!! Fun to see all the celebrities, but OMG, how some of them have aged! (I sure haven't.. Winking

And no, haven't seen ANY of the nominated movies! I actually don't like going to movie theaters. Someone tall always sits right in front of me, even though the theater is completely empty. And then they talk through the whole movie. Or someone sits in back of me and kicks my seat. Or sits right next to me and hogs the armrest. 

The truth is, I don't mind movie theaters, it's the people I can't stand.  Devil

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Blessings, so true! Winking  DH keep making comments about plastic surgery (good or bad jobs) and immobile faces. 

Just want to say a quick good morning to all! Stayed awake more than 6 hours today, now I can't sleep....

• Holeinone

2ndtimeMaddy, 

My DH was saying the same thing, thinking all the ladies had work done. Kim Novaks face was a plastic Joker looking. Also, Goldie Hawn looked fabulous, but she must have had a little nip & tuck at 68. 

Blessings, sorry you cannot handle the theater. I always go, or try too, on the off times. It does drive me nuts when people talk, I have a hard enough time hearing the language, But the background music or noise is too loud. 

Good Morning to all...I have got 2 dinners to put on, today is DH birthday. Kids coming tonight & then a dinner party tomorrow night. Ah, this will be a test of endurance, mainly cause I have to clean...

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Tang - did you get much ice out there? I see Royse City schools closed. Our's delayed 2 hours - must be starting about now. I think it was down to 12 out here. Just beautiful about an hour ago. Snowing lightly with the sun behind it. I did not know but weatherlady informed us today that it can snow in cloudless sky. Hope you are able to get your port in today.

Hope we hear again from Sassy.

GolfGirl - sounds like you have a busy 2 days. I'm still tired from my trip to DD's on Thurs. That and we took our 4 extra boys to the Trade Days on Sat. We just barely got them unloaded and lady bought all 4 of them. I just pray she had them in a barn yesterday and last night

Teka - try the Phoebe Hummingbird site this morning. Bird building a new nest quickly - they think she is eggnant.

I have not seen anything nominated. If it's not on Encore or AMC/TCM/Fox movies we don't see it. Not paying anymore for anything on satellite. No cable out this far.

More coffee and food. Send those pancakes posthaste Teka.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

For the ladies on here who knew these ladies back when.....It is there 3rd birthday today......wanted you to see Grayson's  progress....she is sitting without help next to her sister.....not for long, but it is another step in the right direction.....She is on the right.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Ziggy, thanks for the bottle of wine, Don't know whether to soak in it or drink it. I'll figure it out. Still having trouble swallowing. HE didn't warn me it would be this bad. So my mood isn't the best. Every swallow is like a bad bad case of strep throat. He actually said it wouldn't bother me at all. So may have been the anesthesia guy.
    LOVE you all. Will be back when I don't feel like biting some ones' head off. DBF is a dear---he's going with the flow. Particularly since I can't YELL. Mostly could barely whisper. Try and use yelling words and only whisper them. NOT as effective. Is kind of funny though, but only cuz I'm writing that now. Not funny when I'm trying to do it.

HUGS< HUGS HUGS

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Soo cute! 

{{{{{{SASS}}}}}}}}

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Bluebird........thank you.......many on this thread know Grayson's story and how she is trying to overcome her disability.......it is a sad story, and if you don't know it you can PM me and I will tell you how it came about........one day she will walk hopefully, but has no real use of her right arm and hand....her fist remains closed all the time......but she is a fighter.......

Her sister is her helper...........

• ziggypop

Tangerine - You're going bionic! I hope it all went well, my port insertion was my first experience with light sleep & I was flying high after I woke up, happy as a pig in shit. It wore of unfortunately, but I think everybody around me was probly happy that it did. The port scar will look bad at first, but in the end will be just a tiny little thing. It should not hurt much at all so if it does report back to us here - so many of us have had 'em that we should be able to tell you what's normal and what's not. 

Chevster - you are such a freaking weirdo you old fart and that is why I love you so very much. And I did not say you WENT to Walmart, I SAID you had been PLANNING it for like a week, and you still ARE planning it. BTW people wearing things that show their bellies are worth 3 points. See how much I love you - I wouldn't let just any one in on that secret. 

Sassy - I can't believe that you are even contemplating bathing in the virtual $47K bottle of wine I sent you. That wine will sooth the throat with it's calming balm of well fermented, lovingly tended, sun washed, fragrant grapes. It is for sipping - not sloshing in. Now get better. For reals.  

• ziggypop

Holeinone, I'm going to start abbreviating your name as Hi O. Which doesn't mean that I'm referring to you like you are the big O, just so you know. It's just for simplicity, and I live in O Hi O so that makes it easy to remember (it's all about me).

• Holeinone

Ziggypop, the  Chevster shorten my handle to GG...aka golf girl...I live in "I" daho, so "I" am special. But Hi O is perfect, keep me sharp....is that possible? 

You and Chevyboy are kindred spirits, she lives in Colorado with its free spirited laws, and your state is ballsy enough to put HI right in its name

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

SAS, Hope you're feeling better fast. Can they give you some of those anesthetic lozenges? I think kids get them after tonsil surgery. You're right. Whispering bad words just doesn't give them the right effect.