Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Hellllo dwill!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

It's much better to post a picture of what I used to look like....Ha!  And my family! 

I think it says 1970 at the bottom of picture...   I used to style those "hair-pieces"...

And then clip them on the back of my head... 

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

LOVE IT CHEVY!

My mom would make us all matching outfits like this. 

I am a child of the 70's and still love it so much. 

• dutchiris

Look you people all color coordinated.  1970?  I was probably the age of the youngest one in that pic.  Beautiful!

• dutchiris

This would be me with my siblings about 1980.  I'm the one in the chair.
  • spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy, nice 'DO!! Makes you look taller

Dwill what perfect ladies, legs all crossed, prim and proper! No jeans. 

Sas, I went back to Christmas, hoped to find some shops. Must be a no horse town?

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

I'm behind again, my life story....

Chevy, cool! Need to dig up photos for TBT. How adorable your family is! And did you sew all the outfits, too? Your hair piece reminds me of having to wear those when I was in drill team in the 70's.

Dutchess, great photo! If that was around 1980, you're so such younger than me, other than that, could have a group of my friends. Brings back memories

• dutchiris

Chevy....Sorry to copy your idea of posting a picture from the past.  I wanted to post it earlier but didn't know if I should. When you posted the pic I decided to go ahead.

• 2nd_time_around

Today is Throw Back Thursday, so Dutchess, you're keeping up. Too bad my scanner isn't working, I'd love to dig up a couple of oldies but goodies....

Switching topics, after Vinnie's post, I'm not wondering how good a job my PS did with recon. I'd be devastated to learn it's not that great a job.........  Bawling

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Zometa is usually good to me, nothing compares to the devil

• Chevyboy

Dutchess!  I'm so glad you did!  I posted one once of my Brother and I when we were just little tykes!   

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OMG I'm so far behind--Holy chit I remember some things like Chevy's mile high hair--which by the way Chevy we al had those days. but mine wasn't a hair piece--I had so much hair it was sickening, now of course times and hair has changed. But u and u'r family look great.

Dutch u have legs that go on forever wow--I don't think that changes.

Nettie u never ever ask anything I wouldn't ask so even tho u'r new u are more observant that I am so please never think u ask to much or say something different so never feel like u have offended anyone or we wouldn't be here--so ask away cuz I do and Chevy certainly does so u'r right in there. U know I didn't join here til I was done with everything0why? don't know so when I came here I was done with a lot of crap so I more focused on this after shit, which I didn't expect but I feel better knowing others go thru things too. And during I really didn't care and never asked my Drs. a thing, I had the more I don't want to know the worse it will be attitude and they knew it so when I'd have visits with my Onc we'd talk about my life and husbands and goofy stuff--Now I'm weird. Well she thought so.  So anything goes. We're all so different.

Oh I'll never catch up, u guys yakkity yak like magpies. And my brain is fuzzy today, well mor than usual.

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Wow Cami, your visits sound exactly like mine!!  I never asked anything and assumed if I needed to know they would tell me!  My DH kept the room jumping with laughter as he can be a nut when he wants and tried to keep things light!  I can't even begin to tell you half the stuff he pulled with the chemo nurses!!

Edited - company walked in while I was posting and I hit submit on accident!

I probably to this day, wouldn't know about my DX if it weren't for having to get reports for second opinions and some of the info I had to enter on the online application, otherwise, I don't think I would have read any of it!!  I, to this day, have never seen my blood work labs!  I just ask if they are ok, and if they say yes, then that's good enough for me!  I don't even know if he does tumor markers, I just know that when I started talking about some symptoms, he said that there  was nothing in the blood work to indicate any problems, I said, "ok" and that was that!

At one point, when I was in pure panic mode, my chiro was talking to me about it all and he asked about my bloodwork, I told him I had no idea, he asked permission to pull the records, which I gladly gave, and he called me the next day and said the same as the MO, nothing off at all in the blood work!  

and forgive me, but one of you ladies mentioned about seeing smoke while on the way home and assuming it must be your house, well that is me exactly, everytime I see smoke in the direction that I drive home, I go into panic!  I guess it's just in my nature to assume the worst! I guess if I assume the worse, if it comes true I think it will be less of a blow!  Stupid I know!

Anyway, I'm behind again!!  And this is going to be a busy 3 day weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to stay in the loop!

• camillegal

Good Nettie they loved him, it's good to laugh in chemo I always had fun with everyone and the nurses would act embarrassed--yea right--their innocence was lost with me nd I said so. Better that than cry.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Nettie - that was me that mentioned every time I see smoke in the distance I automatically assume it's MY house on fire. Of course, intellectually, I know it's not (it might even be in the opposite direction from my house) but still, I'm all paranoid!

What's funny is that I come from a family of firefighters. And my next-door neighbor is a firefighter! I once told him that story, and he promised me he wouldn't let my house burn down.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

since your posting old pics here's mine around 1962. I'm the older of the 2 girls. We wore matching outfits a lot. Think this was visiting old missions in California.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Teka

HMMMMMM Teka , I have a different  way to sign that off LOL..........

• sas-schatzi

Spookie just catching up on the BACK pages-------Your welcome -LOVED having you :) Glad you made it home. That was a stinker of a storm even for Florida. Finally, learned the stuff I should have learned weeks ago about this stupid low iodine diet. I did not need to deprive myself of much and I never needed to feel hungry all the time. Fats. Bacon was completely allowable. Fats, satiate. Okay satisfy---whatever. Nicole from RO's office took me to the nih.gov site. That list was soooooooooo much better, than what they gave me as a allowable foods.

Sweet pea, love the House-----what fun. Post more pics----as you get settled in L&H&'s sweetie

• sas-schatzi

Chevy, the three positions I saw that said ---there were three main yoga positions and then gave pics, hmmmmm I don't think I'll go with a further description. Just know it was /is keeping me limber.

Off to sleep you owlettes, a sweet night(maddy) & tomorrow. 

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

loving the photos ladies! i think next Thursday, let's make it a point to all post at least 1 photo that is at  least 20 years old. whatcha say? 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

THROWBACK THURSDAYS!!!!  ThumbsUp

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Just checking in to say hi. Love all the pic's from days long ago. And omg...Teka, that toilet statement cracked me up :)

Can't sleep well tonight because of muscle/back pain. Gave me a chance to read lots of the pages I've missed. I hope you are all sleeping well tonight. 

• Chevyboy

Morning little Dumplings! 

I sent that picture to my Daughter's, and the youngest one said "How can anyone THAT homely grow up to be THIS gorgeous?"  Ha, ha!

She really DID, but man, some of those hair styles the girls wanted were enough for me to ask, "what MIRROR are you looking in, to think that is attractive?"  image  I think she was thriving in her "little rebel" stage at that time... 

Both girls near the Golden Gate Bridge...

And on our way to Orlando... about 5 years ago..

Yes, I know.... still big-hair!  image

Dutchess... How fun to have 4 in the family! It was just my Brother and I... He is a drummer in Nashville... STILL.....! But we talk and laugh all the time!

Spookie!  We DID wear a lot of dresses in those days!  No jeans or slacks to school either...  And in the 50's, our skirts were almost down to our ankles... with those barrel white socks, and loafers!  Or Saddle-oxfords!  We were "STYlin!" 

2nd... I made MOST of their clothes... all dresses... My Mom crochet'd their sweaters.... But it was fun...  We didn't have a lot of money to buy "new" clothes when they were little, and my MIL worked for a place, that made clothes, so she would bring us home lots of material for their dresses...  Remember Butterick patterns?   Do they still have those?

I'm sure your "recon" was just fine!  But we always wonder if ours could have been better, right?  At least I would...  I just hope you are doing okay....

You doing okay Blondie?  I've HEARD the Red Devil is just the WORST to go through... but if it does it's job, I guess it's worth it!

Cammi!  I didn't have a LOT of hair, just learned to tease the dickens out of what I had, when I didn't wear hair pieces!   My Grandma used to say that I would go bald, because I colored my hair...  this was maybe 50 years ago...  I haven't YET!  Ha!

Nettie... Cammi said important stuff to you...  So if you read it slow, and break it down with more spaces, and a paragraph or two thrown in, you will know exactly what she is saying!    What she is saying is, just don't take life too seriously.   And just have fun... like we do! 

And shut up Cammers, about the magpie stuff!    Your brain is "fuzzy"?

Who knew?

Nettie, I thought you were talking about MY DH!!!  This is exactly HIM too!  They love to tease everyone else!   Whether it's the Doctors' or sales-clerks, even checkers...  Women always get the funniest remarks from him!   So now I tell him.... "can you please wait HERE, while I talk to the Doctor?"   And then he goes and walks around, visiting all the other people! 

Smarty!  You ALL matched!  Ha, ha!   I LOVE the old pictures! 

Sassy is BACK!  Yay!  Man, I know as much about Yoga as I do about shoe-ing a horse!  I used to do the splits.... about 100 years ago, but it wasn't called Yoga... It was called Acrobats! 

Jwow!  You'll have to remind us...   TBT?  How fun!   I'll have to climb upstairs, and find some more pictures...  I'll call a Priest for the trip DOWN...Ha!   And I'm not even Catholic.... but I'll call one, just in case.

Oh damn Pawprint!  When I first glanced at your post, I thought it said "mustache" pain..  But if it's your back, which I'm assuming it is, can you take Aleve for that?    If I take 2 before I go to bed, I usually don't wake up with some new ache going on somewhere... 

Okay gals...  what IS today?  Friday?  It's supposed to be in the 70's here!  

• camillegal

Was I here before? I don't member, bit I do smell bsolutley luscious--I wish I could go without clothes so my tru aromas can spread easier. I have to learn how to download pics. I still haven't after all this time. So TBT are FUT to me still. My eyes won't stay open---I don't know what the temp is here, but I do knowI'm freezing so I'm still all bundled up.

• 2nd_time_around

Chevy, of course I remember Butterick patterns (and McCalls and Simplicity)! Still have bunches in the closet. I made most all my clothes in high school and beyond as my parents didn't believe in "fashion", anything that sort of fit was ok to them. Beautiful family, by the way!

Smaarty, cute picture, reminds me of growing up!

Pawprint, good to have you check in, hope you're feeling better quickly.

• sas-schatzi

Oh girls, I'm going through Phylyleftthismorningwithdrawal. She's on her way up the coast to St.Augustine. Then onto the Carolinas. She has a whole plan on things she wants to see and take pics. 

Except for the pic that Spookie took we didn't get a single pic Duh.

I laid in the supplies for the lock down 21st to the 24th. Forgot a few things, but the most important are here.

Sent the gift money to DS for house closing by wire transfer. Never had so much trouble giving money away. No one wanted the transfer till next week. Went through the story that I'm going to be radioactive. I wasn't subjecting the young women there at the bank to exposure--even secrectively----who would know? ME. So, I say "lovely young woman help me solve this problem?". Everyone was so nice after that. They were nice before, but then they got it. :) 

Not supposed to be near anyone younger than 45 and definitely and most importantly no prego's and children.

Did I say BACON-------Ah,the food of life. I'm getting this down finally. Breakfast--eggwhites(yuck), Mrs. Dash, BACON, and Triscuits. Coffee--Gevalia (really, specifically, on the list) made with distilled water.

BTW the problem things that this RAI 131 can cause are BC, LOL, got'em on that one....a pre-emptive strike. Also, stomach. Seriously, though I had YouScript pharmacisit and poor RO working overtime on whether it 's metabolized through my defective 3's ---(read 2d6 thread). It's not

Did find a mice research article saying that it can affect ER+ BC. But at the rate I'm going, there will be nothing left to cut off or out. 

Doc's don't know it yet, but I WILL BE getting that precancerous colon polyp area OUT if another polyp shows up. But that 's on june/july's agenda.

LOLOLOLOLOLO I'm back you silly gals. Love the idea about what---retro-Thursady :) 

Totally, loving all the old pics

Chevy did you have HAIR.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Cami, Happy Good Friday..

LOVE all the photos, keep them coming. Sharon, I could be you only 1968 or so...are you tall or sprout young? I am about 5 ft 10'....DH has a scanner, but I am on a I Pad, if I was not such an idiot, I could probably scan them to his lap top and then post them..? 

Blondie, thanks for the shout out about Zometa. I got the infusion yesterday, feeling a little foggy, slow, I know you guys are all thinking so? She's always a "little" slow...happy to have that done, I have no idea if it will make a difference but I want to believe it will. 

Jwoo, thanks for the reminder about getting our wishes in order. I have done most of it, but I could do more. 

I am making potato salad for a big surprise "60" th party tonight. I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow. Busy weekend, hope I can push myself through it.  Darn, I might of over cooked the red spuds! 

Thinking of you all, Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and feels decent...

• sas-schatzi

Hole-in-one, you have such lovely friends....what a treasure to have so many that want to gather to celebrate all the milestones. Everytime, I read about one of the gatherings you are making something for, it just makes me smile. So, I thought I'd just sit back down and tell you that :)

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy about your wire transfer. That's when I sweetly say I want to speak to
    a bank officer (or set up an appointment). DH went to bank to move around some
    utterly worthless CD's (interest that is). Officer says "we've never had
    an online appointment made b4". I really do live in a one horse town.

Loved everyone's pictures. Chevy your 1970 picture of big hair looks like
    some of mine. Wore my "hair" to nearly all football games.
    Ponytail/bun and plop on hair.

Sharon did you grow into those long legs? They're about as long as I am
    tall.

Yesterday was glaucoma doc and bone density. Glaucoma pressures better, the
    good thing is even with the bit higher pressures he sees no changes in the eye
    - been going to him 7 years. Bone density had tons of stupid questions like do
    you take tamoxifen. Well, no but I take Femara. I just wrote it what I felt
    like. It's a walk in app. and darn it at almost 2 in the afternoon tech was at
    lunch. Blew nearly 1.5 hours there but nothing else is down where they are.
    Lovely restaurants and hospitals/docs. Didn't need rest. was on way to
    WallyWorld. Did manage to buy an Easter dress at Ross - black/white not such
    Easter colors but just my thing. Will put on short black sweater over it and
    I'm good to go that is the T storms hold off.

Made the Lowe's jaunt with DH today. Mulch, pavers to put the fire pit on,
    seeds for me. I did my exercise by digging up where gopher tunneled in yard and
    plopped in the sod DH dug up. No sense letting bermuda go to waste albeit with
    a few weeds.

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Busy

• Hubby buying new truck
    • Babysitting granddaughter
    • Concert and crawfish boil tonight
    • Fish fry at brothers tomorrow
    • Church Sunday morning followed by lunch at moms
    • Easter egg hunt and grill at my house Sunday afternoon
    I'll be ready for work Monday so I can rest.