Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Chevster,  I sleep with frozen peas. Go ahead. do with that what you will.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

zigs, get hungry in the middle of the night you have a healthy snack....sorry about your wacky finger, that will never be the same....oh well ! 

LOOK WHO POSTED A PHOTO, the 3 amigos..looks like trouble. Great photo, so have you been to Chippendales or wet t-shirt contest? I know you tried to distract us with manatee photo. We did not fall for that.

I just made chicken Parmesan for the 1st time, all from scratch, fresh basil. I will let you know how it turns out.

Dutch, could it be the Tamoxifen? Glad your scan was clean...

Nickey, hoping you are getting stronger....we miss you...

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

I am deformed. I am one nippled and overly knuckled. And I live in a doghouse with an ol'crippled pole dancer and eat frozen peas for midnight snacks. ***sigh*** But I have GREAT friends!. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy

Did you crochet those scarfs?  They are bee u tee full. I shoulda snapped a pic, but Sas didn't open the box till after dark. Phyllis is still at Sas's house, hard telling what they will get into next. I came home in one if the worst rain storms I've ever seen.  Spookie was sooooo happy to see me. 

I had a lot if fun, great food, great conversation, great company!

Thank you again SAS

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58

Hey guys... sorry for the absence... been so friggin busy  with NOLA and all, kids ... wife... chevy...., etc...etc...etc.... snoooozzze... no real excuse... just trying to get some shit done. 

Ziggypop... that finger looks nasty better get that looked at... yuck.. is that from hitting the delete button on one of chevy's posts trying to erase it? It doesn't work that way ... you will only hurt yourself further my dear....!!!

2nd-time-ar..... I'm here ...just slacken.... I may do this from time to time but I am with you guys... I promise!  Just busy and well....slacken...

Bluebird... I wish I could do the treatments for you... I hope you feel better soon... this whole cancer biz really sucks and I wish I did not have to deal with any of it... but I am all in now so I am praying you feel better... I did see my first blue bird on my feeder two days ago and thought of you... "a little blue life"... I said and you popped into my mind.... wishing you good days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nettie... WOW great pics.... I remember when mine were that small... seems like a long time ago and it was only a couple decades age... flies by... maybe grandkids are in my future  some day... I know my wife will love it... 

Busy week this one is... keep an eye on the New York Times for an article on me... Yippie!! I'm somebody now!!!  Just kiddin... but it is good to get the word out about what can be done these days with tattooed nips. 

The Georgetown thing was rescheduled till June... DAMMIT!! oh well its gonna happen either way... Good news is I coauthored a paper in The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal that will be out very soon... gives my thoughts on how the PS of the world dropped the ball on the tattooing nips thing... maybe that will make them look at it in new light. 

My anniversary is next week ... 24 years... (this does not effect my dinner plans with you Chevy) I actually have off a couple of days.... gonna drink until there is none left!!!! among other things....hehehehe

Sleep tight ladies...... talk to you soon..... V

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Ziggy

OW!?!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Vinnie Chevy is crippled now--but I'm not. Remember that....

Sounds like all plans are go for u Vinnie and we love to hear that.===HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too.

Spookie finally, u guys are beautiful and we finally can see u when we talk to you---Love it.

I've been sleeping on and off today--good thing didn't get many calls-quiet day and I was just knocked out.

FBB we're here, don't be sad --well I'm not telling u how to feel, but we all feel sad when u do, u know what I mean. Someone must know what I mean. Phew

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Nice to meet you Vinnie, I was beginning to think you were a figment of there imagination. Lol

Those are my grand kids. They arewhat keeps me going.

Sometime I think y'all speak in code because I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'd love to see a pic of the scarf.

FBB, hope you are feeling better.

Wishing you all a restful night.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

Nettie, just go with the flow, sometimes it makes sense.

Vinnie, thought maybe the docs had kidnapped you to do their tats!

Ziggy you should lay off the coffee when you do handiwork.

Hope everybody is feeling better.

• camillegal

Oh I wore one of Chevy's scarves (black/whit with tiny sparkles) at the party and everyone loves it--It covered the right area too--no recon. no bra--so I could get away with it. Just my style  So pretty and a great length. Chevy's a sweettart--a heart I mean.

• Holeinone

Vinnie, I enjoyed looking at your work, that someone posted.  Amazing to see how realistic your art looks. If I ever make it to Baltimore I will stop in. My daughter loved the art museum  there. 

Nettie,  there is some code, some bulls&;t, and lots of loving. If I get behind a few days, I just hold on for the ride. We have some of the gals that only post occasionally.

Hello Sweet Pea, Austin is a baby doll... 

Mostly Mom, Badger, Blondie, Linda, always good to see you pop in...

OMG ....the chicken parmigiana was fabulous ! I will make it for entertaining....

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58

been up since 4:10am didn't get much sleep .... have a packed day today and all week including saturday.... oh well I asked for it.

blood moon the other night must have been cool... I wanted to see it ...waited for it...but it was cloudy dammit!

Smaarty.... one of the docs wants to get some tatts but hasn't yet... that will be fun... gonna hurt him because he doesn't have his parts removed including nerves...hehehe... if there is anything good about having your breasts removed one thing is that you do not feel the tattoos being applied! "No pain...No pain".... HAHA

Nettie... I am in and out but Iam here... tired but here... 

Cami... Menage A trois???? lol

V

• camillegal

Vinnie the trois is almost useless-so Folie a Deux hahaha--Good Luck with u'r busy week and make sure u get some rest.

• camillegal

imagehappy day

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Oh?  Did you see THAT?  So now he's a poet!  I mean "a little blue life"  about our Bluebird!  Actually quite thoughtful!   Bluebird can't you just go SEE him?  He SAID he could fix you...  I mean take care of your  ..... oh wait.... WHAT treatments again?  I think it's 2ndTime that needs his handiwork?  Or do I have that wrong also?

Geez Vinnie, I thought you left us/me for good!  I thought  I talked so inappropriately to you that I got you canned!   Next time leave a little note, or pop-corn on the walk, so we can FIND you... like you did that time in that barn... oh never mind.

Congratulations on the up-coming NY Times article coming out... when it DOES come out, can you send the link?  I'm tired of researching you all myself....  You could help a LITTLE.... Also more Congratulations on your Anniversary!   Honest!  ....... sniff...sniff....

Lilshit!  So seriously now...  Let's be frank and ernest.... YOU be Frank, and I'll be Ernest...  Go get that digit fixed!  They might be able to splint it?  Or something?  At least have Hank's auto-body check it out, if nothing else... 

GGH!  That's funny.... "The 3 Amigo's!"  Ha, ha!   I know... the Manatee!  Was I the only one that couldn't actually see that?  I tried, and still......... nothing!  Maybe it's my eyes.... I MUST go get my head examined... I mean my eyes....  STFU Cammi! 

YOU are hysterical Lilshit!  "deformed one nippled and overly knuckled" And we live in the doghouse together .... couldn't ask for better company, right?  You didn't add any of my faults....  Like ....  oh wait, I'm trying to think of one, and can't come up with any yet... 

Yes Spookers...  I am talented in more ways than I can count...  shut up Vinnie....   And crochet-ing is one of them...  If you want one, just send me your address...  I have many, and they are for all my friends! 

Because I am generous and a Princesssssssss.

Cammi..... now leave him alone...  the "wife" stuff you know...   wait till after the anniversary thing.... 

Yes Nettie...  He really IS real.... I can vouch for that...  wink...wink...

And we DO speak in some sort of code... You have to back many pages to see why we talk about "Chickens" and silly things like that..

Okay...  miss Nettie...  send me YOUR address... 

Smaarty!  Yes...  Pretend Nettie, that you know what we are talking about...  then you can tell US!  Ha, ha!  

CAMMI!  A SWEETART!  Perfect...Ha!  Didn't you wear anything under it?  You tramp you!   You are worse than me!  At least I wear pasties under them!    Oh wait...  so then Vinnie pipes up and said WHAT?  Oh man, we are ALL going to get fired!   Oh well...okay then.

And what are YOU talking about?  Now THAT is CODE!  Damnit!

Love you guys! xooxxoxo

Okay, look very closely!  This is not a bird..... it's a girl!image

• Chevyboy

See, this is how "He?" does it...   I mean,he has more hair on his arms than I have on my HEAD!

• Nettie1964

Chevy, that is a neat pic!  I've been seeing it on Facebook but never up close like that!

Scarf's are beautiful!

Not feeling so good today, back bothering me, it's not the amount of pain, it's the worry!  But everyone says if it's mets it will hurt at night and I sleep fine once I get past the worry!

Anyway, I'm up and at it!  Got to keep on keeping on and you ladies brighten my day!

Chevy, are you serious about my address, if so, I will PM you!

Vinnie, you are a busy man!  No wonder you haven't been around much!

Cammi, love the humps!

Holeinone and Smaarty, I'm beginning to catch on just a bit, some things are beginning to make lots of sense!  And what doesn't, oh well, like you said, I'll chalk it up to BS!  LOL

Ziggy, that finger does look painful!  I'd have to have that checked out!

To any one I missed - hope you have a stressfree, happy day!!

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117

Morning Owlettes,

Bluebird sorry to get into too deep...

2ndtimearound thank u for sharing your story!! I love it 20 + that's the stories that give me strength!!! U are right just looking at my family makes me fight harder and I will continue to do so... Hugs F-Cancer 

Chevy I have a pic but it was in the construction phase. We got so busy forgot to take one when it was finished. 

Trying to get out of bed my body kills tough shift running up and down the halls yesterday. Boy do I need coffee Teka you shouldn't have...thank you... Coffee in bed :) 

Cami happy hump day love it!

Dentist appt today... Super fun!!

Healing Hugs Everyone hope side effects are manageable. You beautiful ladies in the throws of treatment are amazing keep kicking Cancers butt!!! 

SweetPea

• camillegal

Sweet Pea even tho it's not done it still looks beautiful and good size running around in it, and a beautiful pic of u'r family.

Nettie I'm sorry about all the pain your having, I know I complain a lot but not everyone will always have all this pain so please don't go by me--I'm a baby not about cancer actually but I don't like hurt anymore so I act like a baby.

Chevy's scarves are so fun, and pretty--I know I said that before but it is so true. Nothing like u'd expect from a woman with a questionable past, well there is no question I know but we'll make it nicer for her. Sorry Chevy but the truth will set u free and we all  knew this a long time ago. Now remember the name Chevy is from Chevrolet originally spelled ChevroLAY but to much was going on the in the back and front seats-as u first hand know, so they did change the spelling--Oh u didn't start it, but u kept the tradition going until u (by law) were stopped I know u called it entrapment but we all know the truth.

I've been on this dam computer for about 2 hrs. with business --mine too- blah My eyes are getting tired and my back hurts too, as usual LOL Nettie. Oh I already took my pain meds. 

• Nettie1964

Cami, I don't take pain meds, you see, it's not the amount or extent of the pain that gets me, it's the fact that it is there at all!!  DH was an ass again last night, all pissy because I was crying, I know he don't like to see me like that, but sometimes a hug goes a long ways, but instead, all I get is crap about calling the doctor and stop crying!  I've called the doctor, I was looking back at some emails with a friend (same dx as me) and I have been telling the doctor about this since September!!!!  

Guess it's going to get to the point that I stop being scared of the answer and insist on a scan!  It's not like I haven't "asked" for them, just haven't insisted!  I feel like if the doctor thought it was warranted, he would order!

Well, I've been sitting too long, time to get up and move around!

• camillegal

Nettie u'r right, a hug means so much rather than just call the Dr. Please remember that SE's can be the cuse of u'r pain almost anywhere and if u really feel worried call u'r onc or when u  see the for u'r peace of mind, doesn't mean the pain will leave but insist on a scan, and u will mentally be relieved if nothing else, cuz this can actually make u feel worse. Good Luck Nettie and I hope this eases up on u.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Nettie, hugs really help so sending you one

it is 3.30am here and I am awake having a cup of tea. The weather is not doing my RA any good. It is wet and humid.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Nettie, I hear you on the back pain. Tell them you need a scan for peace of mind. If it's OK, ask for physical therapy. I've been having back problems which everyone says are muscular. I think the surgery may have affected my posture. Mine doesn't hurt all the time, but when it hurts it's intense. I'm taking tylenol and ibuprofen alternating today. If you're crying a lot perhaps an antidepressant would help you get out of the pit.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Ziggy, that's what you get for giving the finger so much. Unless it is your index finger and then it's because  you were pointing fingers at Chevy. She doesn't like that. Probably stomped on it with her stiletto. I hope you had it xrayed and splinted. Ouch!

Holeinone, thank you and good luck tomorrow. I'll be in your pocket.

So nice to see the three good-time girls together!

Vinnie, thank you for the uplifting sentiment.  I've had my fierce bluebird wings at the drycleaner all week and have been feeling a little vulnerable. I love the "little blue life!"  Thank you and happy anniversary! My husband and I just celebrated 25 years and went to St. Michael's, MD. for a quick getaway. Sounds like we've both been  blessed to find our soulmates. ( I won't mention this to Chevy or cammi.)

• Nettie1964

Thanks Wren, not crying a lot, it's just when it hits, it hits!  And my back pain is also intermittent and so far has not interfered with my sleep!  However, over the last couple of weeks, I have been awakened by hip pain that goes into the leg down to my knee, however, I have had sciatic issues in the past that were very similar to this!

I'm have been referred by my MO to my PCP who said to keep going to the chiro and massage, which I started on my own!  The chiro has backed off and now I just have weekly massage and see the chiro about once every 3 weeks unless something new arises!  They all say that my back issues were caused by radiation which caused scar tissue which is wreaking havoc!  I just don't understand it all, but I've come to the conclusion that I should have been in some kind of OT or PT therapy for this while I was still taking radiation to prevent the scar tissue from building because now it is VERY painful to have this massaged in order to try to release it!

I just told my husband the reason I don't PUSH for the scan is because I'm not sure I'm ready to handle more bad news!  

Just hoping to wake up one day and realize that the pain is gone!

• Nettie1964

Teka,

That is one reason that I hesitate to start with the "scans"!  It seems that it takes a multitude of scans to determine exactly what is going on!  This one shows this but can't rule out this so we need to this and then that ruled out this but shows this so let's do this and so on and on and on!  Just not a cycle I want to ride!  But I know at some point it is going to become inevitable!  Scared

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

Hi everyone!

Just popping in to remind everyone that Today is National Healthcare Decisions Day. Have you talked to your loved ones about what you would like done in case there ever comes a time when you can't speak for yourself? And talk to your friends and families about what they would like as well. I know most of us have their ducks in a row, but I've seen first hand what can happen when people of any age and without written instructions have an accident that prevents them from providing direction in their care and for their family. I know it isn't a fun topic, but it is something that is important for everyone, no matter what their health is, to take care of. 

• camillegal

OH Teka see how different pain is for everyone, I can not sleep in a bed, the laying down is so painful and getting up is bad, so I always sleep in my chair thingy. I guess it depends on exactly where or how it hurts. I don't know Nettie it seems like so many of us have some type of back problems and not cancer ?????? And I think some men are afraid and don't get it at all.

I remember my dad, sometimes before surgery my mom would fix dinner and excuse herself and go in teir bedroom and my dad would follow--she was scared but didn't tell us or show us at the time for my dad to miss a meal was big time, but he just stayed with her, he didn't know what to do, but I knew later he was trying to help her and when I was an adult we talked about it finally--he was so good I think I thought all men were like that and my dad wasn't worried about house stuff he could do it and wasn't fussy at all my mom was so he was not demanding and totally did so much each hospital stay--those days it was at least 7 days and her recovery time again longer than now. So every man just reacts differently. It's hard to say what each one will do. I'm rambling again, as usual.

• Chevyboy

I know....  We just recently paid for the cremation services....  It was such a hassle, because DH just didn't want to HEAR about it!  But I had to deal with this with my Grandma, and my folks, and they had ALL taken care of this beforehand...thank God! 

So I made the appointment, and DH finally gave in, and we went to "the place"..... the dreaded place!  But it was really fun!  DH made the gal laugh, got us coffee, and made it very impersonal and painless!  So it is done... about $1,300 a piece!  Not the $7,000 they want for a funeral and burial!  We have our living will...  Also, if you do kick the bucket at home, you don't have to call 911 or an ambulance.... Just call them!   Our Daughter's can put us wherever they want.... I just want to be together... even with Lacee... 

You know, when you are older, I think, like with my Grandma, AND folks,  everyone else has usually past anyway!  And a big funeral is just so heart-breaking for the family...   So with my Dad, he was cremated, and instead of a big service, we had a graviside memorial, and it was very sweet, and simple, and he was laid down beside my Mom...  THEN my Brother and I, and Dad's old friend, went to Cliff's.... this bar my Dad loved, and we all had a toast to him...  It was perfect...   I had just lost Mom the year before, and by this time, your heart is just broken, and any way you can get through the pain, is such a big help.  

Had to put their house up for sale, clean everything out, with a "neighborhood giveaway."    To see all their "stuff" being taken away was just the worst.... but it really helped my Brother and I....  We left after 2 weeks total, driving across the SFOAB into San Francisco at dawn to beat the traffic...   I couldn't have done it without my Brother...

So, yes....  any way I can make it easier on my Daughters', I have done...   Still want to get rid of a lot of stuff that we don't use, around here...Ha! 

Cammi, it's okay if you ramble.... like I never do.....!  Like now, for instance.... at least I know what I'm talking about....  sometimes...Loopy  That was pretty GOOD, about how I got my name!  Ha, ha!  And it even made sense...  But it wasn't the BACK seat, it was only the front!    Little brat!  SURE, like you didn't know a thing about what was going on.... right?    Oh, those were the years...  but I married him, about 1 1/2 years later... 

Nettie...  I just wish you peace....  don't cry.... if you can't find it around DH, go take a walk... go sit in your bedroom, and lock the door...  go shopping at WALmart.... anything to get your mind back on something else....   I think we ALL have been in your shoes.... I have!  Only I hate those stilletto's! 

• Holeinone

Teka, ...Shocked