Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Hd the last of it is in the glass sorry angel. but at least you're not getting the calories. I bought for our Queen sandy coronation of the Master Mother Cluckers, but ran out of anything else --it's to sweet to drink on a regular basis

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Hi Bonnie I found the thread! Way tooooo funny.  I'll post my Dear Hair letter.

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

i can't wait to read it!

i have my long braid in a ziploc bag in my medicine cabinet. i take it out and look at it from time to time.... ah... it's gonna take a really long time to get my hair down the middle of my back again!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Well multiple lessons good I can come back and find them easy.

The chocolate wine should not drink the whole bottle. I have a feeling I'm going to regret it.

• sagina
    Options

I'm  a little cut and  paste slow, sorry!  I created it in the forum humor, it's called Dear hair, and oh so true!!!! lol.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

I still remember the day my dh shaved my head. My twin that had BC in 96 said when it starts falling out or it hurts shave it. we did. then I got to shave him a few months latter ---if you get my drift

• sagina
    Options

LOL sas - and yes mine hurt aweful 12 days after chemo started, I figured that was my cue to shave it off.  It hurt so bad I didn't mind the relief when it was gone.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Tink must have gone? Pooh She's so sweet just like her avatar

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Bonnie thats the exact bottle, I would recommend with desert, not for a whole sitting like I've just done.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Tastes like boost with a different sweetness , one glass or two. Now it's work finishing the last glass

• sagina
    Options

Chocolate and Wine together? yummmm best of both worlds?

• hdangelbaby
    Options

ok sas, now that is a YKYACPW moment!!! when wine reminds you of Boost..... lol!! love it!!!

• sagina
    Options

Thank you Bonnie - HD here's the thread to the Dear Hair: http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/31/topic/767280?page=1#idx_1

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Yes, but again not the whole bottle, something tells me I may give it up before the night is over

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Yaka what spell it out angel

• hdangelbaby
    Options
    that does seem like it would be a bit much.... a whole bottle of chocolate wine... i hope you don't puke!Yell
  • hdangelbaby
    Options

oh there is a thread called "You Know Your A Cancer Patient When...." and it's kinda like jeff foxworthy's "You Know Your A Redneck When.....:

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hence my comment that I may give it up before the night is over.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Angel it is a funny funny thread. Between OMG and You Know. They are masterpieces of comedy

• sagina
    Options

You're welcome Bonnie.  I have a pen holder on my desk at work: Sarcasm, just one of my many talents!  And cancer brought out the best of the sarcasm and humor!  What we can't control, sometimes we just have to laugh at!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

morning folks...4am halifax time ans i just woke up...with a hot flash...eating some frozen yogurt(and will NOT be buying any more) and tryin gto go back to bed but wowowo. 7 pages in one evening. Impressive! good o know this thread is here in a hot flash moment in the midleof the night:)

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Bonnie so thoughtful. It's a bummer when it's just me and the chickens

• sagina
    Options

it's after two for me, here in Texas, so talk to you all later!  thank you sooo much for the company.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    Options

Well, here I am!Kiss  It's 3 AM and that bum shoulder of mine....well...it has me up!!!

Hope nobody answers me and that you're all having pleasant dreams.....

• sas-schatzi
    Options

We welcome sandee ---I think we hit a note here. We need someplace to go in the night. and tv sucks. I've basically almost near getting drunk . which is a problem because a second wind hits  and it could be hours. But i would like to see more of the southlanders here because it'll keep things moving.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

VR--why no answer?

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    Options

Help! I just had my first A/C chemo on Wednesday and tonight I woke up with a terrible sore throat. Is this normal, or should I wake up my oncologist at 3 AM? I am not running a fever - in fact I am 98 degrees exactly.

I am worried, and any help would be much appreciated.

• hdangelbaby
    Options

god is good, really? that's awesome, so you probably know where hansen is then? little town outside of twin falls?

sas, i'm right there with you on the decadence factor. i started with just eating half the fritter, then i went back for the other half..... c'mon sugar buzz! and stomach ache!! lol

• sas-schatzi
    Options

windlass soorry i'm a nurse and I don't have a clue , but stay and talk a miute maybe we can come up with an idea

• hdangelbaby
    Options

windlass, if your not running a fever, you ought to be ok till 8, when most offices open up. if it came on suddenly, it may be strep, in which case you need to be seen as soon as your doc office opens up , for a strep test. i had strep while on taxol, and i got it again this week. defintely call, and keep an eye on your temp, if it goes above 100.3 you need to call him or go to the ER!