INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Got it -er get it-------------nancy keeps asking you about tea?

• sas-schatzi

Okay-----------It's late if I remember from other sources? approx what time is tea?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I've put my dinner on to cook but here in Aus we call dinner tea.  When we aere talking about it earlier and I said what I was going to cook I used dinner so I wouldn't confuse the issue for you girls but I think I did anyway so she ased that I use the word tea in future.

• sas-schatzi

I so wish I was having Tea with you , That recipe Made all my olafactory senses swoon LOL

• chrissyb

It will be at about 6.00 pm tonight.  Most nights we have it between 6.00 and 6.30pm as any later and I get like a bear with a sore head as I don't do hungry well.  My blood sugar levels get to a point that I've got to eat like right now and I get really snarly if I don't so we try to keep an even keel and eat on time....lol

• chrissyb

I'm sitting in the lounge as I usually do and I can smell it cooking and my salivary glands are starting to go mad!

• sas-schatzi

I think nancy went to read the posts.  WE lost SOHARD and Alyson.

I'm delighted that VIRAN was going to pubmed because that is like tops for research-----like the Lancet and JAMA. She sounded very enthusiastic. Very good.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy snarly OMG would never have thought. Where's DH?

• chrissyb

Sohard just pops in ever now and then she doesn't usually stick around for long and I think Nancy is reading but I'm sure she will be back as soon as she is done.

I agree that it's good that Viran is checking out Pubmed.  I find that site very good.  The Lancet is a little hard to follow sometimes and I find that I need a really clear head to absorb what they are saying.  Perghaps it's the way they write it.

• chrissyb

Yes, DH can attest to that, I'm like Mrs Jekyl and Mrs Hyde......not a pretty sight!!  I must admit it doesn't happen often but we try to keep it at bay anyway....lol  DH is at this moment still down the shop.....he has an Antiques and Old Book Store......it is his retirement and he just loves it!

• chrissyb

Nancy, was it your car alarm?  Is everything okay?

• sas-schatzi

WEll the Lancet and JAMA--Journal of the American Medical  Association are considered the biggest medical journals in the world. The research is very technically oriented and statistically oriented. AND every ten dollar word is used. So, it can make the reading difficult.------It's a hoot they are very competitive as to who is better

• chrissyb

I knew about The Lancet but I'd not heard of the JAMA.....I'll check it out when I'm looking for something to read!

• sas-schatzi

Whats great I thick about Pub med is they have the abstracts which make s it easier to sift through what you want to get to

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

No i'm back , just had tea - haha. Actually will have a cup of tea soon. We had steak and a vege dish for our dinner tonight. Its now 7pm. Not having dessert/pudding tonight but do have some chocolate biscuits - cookies to you which we will have.

Tonight is rugby night but because they are playing in Aus it will be a bit later. Chrissy I suppose you follow 'Rules'?

Really sore tonight but will wait to take meds as I had a nice drop of local merlot.

• chrissyb

I agree with that Shiela.

Nancy you have me ROTFLOL with your wrong key scenarios!

• sas-schatzi

Have you ever used MEDSCAPE. IT's a great site b/c they have oodles of journals to choose from, on every topic imaginable. It's free, but registration is required. They were bought out by WEBMD some years ago.

• chrissyb

Alyson. I haven't followed any footy since it went big business as it took all the fun out of the game and put money in it's place.....that has got to be about thirty years ago now.  I follow tennis if anything.

• chrissyb

I do Shiela, I joined that a couple of years ago.  I found it one night when I was surfing looking for something else......lol......that's how I find things, when I'm looking for something else!

• sas-schatzi

Thanks Nance,

Reminds me of a story from nursing school it'll take a couple of minutes to write

• chrissyb

Alyson it must be the weather as I think everyjoint in my body is aching today but it also could be that I've run out of my Boswelia and am waiting for the next bottle to arrive.  Hopefully this week!  Pleeeease!

• Alyson

Yes rugby started in England - its a footbal game a bit like gridiron but the don't wear all that gear just shorts and tops which these days are lycra - not the shorts. the game os Aussies rules now they wear tight shorts don't they Chrissie? Might watch some tennis tonight and the cycling is about to start, now they do wear lycra.

• chrissyb

You are right Alyson on the tight, tight shorts for the Aussie Rules boys and I do think the newer uniforms do have some lycra in them including the shorts!  Talk about advertising!!!!

• sas-schatzi

Our instructor told us that some of our patients may not understand the words we use , so we would have to work at words they understood, until we got the response we needed.

I had an eight bed ward of men , I'm like 21y/o  Had to ask this man if he had a bm -he says what? Me-----Did you have a bowel movement? Him--what? Me --did you Shit? Him --Oh yeah had a big one. --------Of course they all laughed.  I swear to this day I was set up. --------But I was telling the story to Dh and he started to laugh b/c he had never heard it called a BM. To him a BM was Bill of Materials and he was 1 year from graduating as an Engineer. So, the lesson was never assume any word or abbreviation was understood until explained.

• Alyson

Its the cyclists who reveal the most?

Nancy, below are the All Blacks doing the Haka. The All Blacks are our national team and the Haka is a Maori war dance. The young man is one of the heroes of the game - he is the goal kicker.

Tea has just arrive - a cup of tea and a biscuit.

• chrissyb

Shiela, great story!!!! I too have been in the position where I've had to go through a whole heap of words before I've hit the one that has been understood........no fun!

• chrissyb

Alyson that's the one part of the sport I like....lol.....watching the All Blacks do the Haka!!   oh yeah!

• Alyson

Here in NZ we wear so much black, its commented on by visiting fashionisters.

• chrissyb

Do you girls realise we have chatted about 12 pages tonight?!   WOW!!!!   Can we talk or what?!

• chrissyb

Oooo talking of food I think I need a snack, the sugar levels are startign to drop rapidly and I need some fuel.....BRB!