sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Sohar Im in NY. Same time zone.

Hi chabba

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi girls it's 1.20pm here!

• chrissyb

I'm here Nancy, I was just check a few of the threads.   Are you enjoying your weekend?

• chrissyb

I have had the laziest day!  I slept until luch then did some laundry, which reminds me I need to put it in the dryer, made myself a cup of tea and turned the compunter on.....not much has been achieved since.....lol    But I am enjoying it!  hahahahaha!

• chrissyb

Oh by the by, I think the temperature is about 13 celcius which I think is somewhere in the fifties Fahrenheit

• chrissyb

Tonight  I am doing honey soy chicken shaslicks with stir fry veg.  I need to make some more brownies for DH as I noticed that he only has two left.

• chrissyb

LOL Nancy a shaslick are marinated chunks of meat of any sort threaded onto a bamboo skewer that has been soaked in water so it won't burn.  Then they are grilled (broiled) and served with a dipping sauce.

BRB, need a bathroom break.

• chrissyb

I'm back!

That lass from Perth started her own thread  and posted on a couple of others.  I was just about to go check on her but I can do that later.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all just returned. Have visited firend who had 6 by passes, he is feeling rather sorry for himself. At least DH can say, don't worry that happens.

Had family service at church and it was fun with a lot of little ones running around. GD came home with us while DDs went for coffee with friends. We took GD for a 'fluffy' then she walked home with her Grandad. I had to drive. Once DDs had come back and SiL appeared it was time to take my sister to the bus. This is great as I have a few days to myself. My sister lives with us because of her very reduced circustances and so at times it is really difficult. Her family create an almost daily soap opera which drives us insane.

Think it will be another frost tonight as it is getting clear again - its about 13c here. That's about 55.4 in your terms.

• chrissyb

Nancy I used to love being in the kitchen with my Gradma when she was cooking but I'm mainly self taught.  I love food, good food, and I like to experiment with it.  Mind you, I've had some horrendous failures but they were in the early days.  It very rarely happens now.  I have recipe books but I can't remember the last time I actually followed a recipe precisely.  I seem to always want to change something and then the new dish just evolved.....lol   My older brother was also like me with cooking and he was amazing.   I just loved it when he cooked!

• chrissyb

Hi Alyson, I lol'd at your temperature as ours is about the same and it's just a little after 2.00pm.  Sounds like you had a great day with the grands.  I hope you have either a productive or restful few days while your sister is away.

Nancy has already asked what's for Tea so, what are you having for tea?

• chrissyb

Nancy. a fluffy is the milk froth placed in a small cup and dusted with chocolate powder.   Kids love then as they think they are getting a capachino.   Alyson do they do them the same way in NZ?

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey ladies, been on another thread for a long time, after not being there for awhile... Chrissy, i think we need pics of these creations you do.. not only can you COOK; but your photography is up to the charge!!!by the way, i was, like 5 pages behind, so i jumped ahead.. i wanted Chrissy to know when she comes to Fla.; her room has a hospital (custom) bed with head that rises, feet also. don't know if that one vibrates... Murs' does, so, while he's at work, we can plunk ourselves down in my Bedroom, and you can check it out!!hahaha   good to "see" all you ladies here... Frances, i'm very interested in a Christiam church in Singapore.. watch services there 5 days a wk at 6 am... not that i advertise im Christian, it just seems so far away; and yet; bc. im housebound, pretty much; i consider it MY church!!! technology is a wonderful thing!!!     3jays

• chrissyb

Wow 3jays that bed sounds divine!  Can't wait to check it out!  Enjoy your weekend lovely and I hope you get some answers from your docs next week.

• chrissyb

Nancy it's sort of warm rather than hot.

• Alyson

Thats it Chrissy and at one cafe they put a little chocolate syrup in the bottom of the cup. They get marshmellows as well. Bea always eats hers quickly because when she was very little her mother would steal the marshmellow

• chrissyb

Alyson they cost $1.00 here what about there?

• Alyson

Exactly the same, though at some places they are free. Bea always ends with a ring of chocolate on her face.

• chrissyb

How cute Alyson!   When my GS's and I go for coffee now, they actually have coffee but I always ask if they want a fluffy.......it always makes them laugh and then I get the comment about them being a bit  big for fluffies!    They are 15 and 13 so I guess they have grown a bit big for them.....lol!

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

I cant say the last time I got out the recipe book...I have a few friends that are chefs and they are raiding my recipes for their restaurants. I grew up exposed to french, italian, german, english and amish cooks. My friends late mum used to call me with requests homemade custards, fruit tapioca(no milk),and clouds with fruit thickly purreed. The clouds were fresh uncooked egg whites! No way, so she settled for real whipping cream and fruit puree.She was bad, any left over whip cream went into her coffee. Our big joke was custard was often breakfast or dessert, so I ran out of cups &I left her 2 pies. Her dtr came home thinking pie sounded good...mum had eaten the custard and left 2 empty pie shells in the frig! Her favorite was garlic teriyaki shrimp, so I would get 10 lbs do the marinade and freeze into meal size packs then she'dmicrowave them. Now I am hungry...maybe grapes rolled in a little sugar.

i

• chrissyb

Wow Anum!   Even though I don't always follow a receipe I do collect them as they give me ideas.  Anytime you want to share a recipe just post away.....all contributions will be gratefully recieved....lol

• 3jaysmom

sorry, ladies, got catching up. and left for so log.... Chrissy, i just CANT  WAIT!!!(though, of course, i HAVE to....

GS, Fischer, who's 3; when we go out to eat..he pipes up, and says I'll have a cossee like my Nana's , and a side salad with Ranch dip... hows' that? the boy knows What HE wants...

Allyson, Bea is a beauty.. love those cheeks ... of course, would never pinch them,, i hated when ple did that when i was little...ALMOST here... its' a memry thing... but, i do make casseroles when we have a day, like Monday, when Murrs off. then, we have it a few days...

Pretty tame, by all your standards, but my fav. i m making monday... of course, comes from a box..

Ricearoni, cooked first (from a box, a cinch) add chicken strips (pre cooked of course grilled) with 2  cans of cream of chicken soAllyson??

• 3jaysmom

i bought 2 new  cds today; and a new book i've been waiting to come out...so, its off to have a read... see you all tommorrow night... prayers for you, Allyson....       stanzie called me "Jaybird" tonight... i love it.....3jays

• chrissyb

Nancy I also add cucumber, tomato and black olives to my Greek Salad and a light vinegrette to finish.

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

Hello ladies... I cant sleep again... but i did catch up on sleep this afternoon... so if you remember I am here with my mom at the hospital for hypercalcaemia.... the drs told us her levels were at 15.4 and today they were at 14. But they only checked it once this morning! they said they would check again at 5 am... and drs will get back with the results... do you know if its normal for calcium levels for a patient diagnosed with severe hypercalcaemia to get it only checked once a day!!??!?! Her hemoglobin levels were at 9.0 and her creatinine went from 1.56 to 1.5. Any idea or advise as to what to look for.. I noticed today that her speech was a slurred and she wasnt like that this morning. but the nurses plus a resident thats here now just checked her out and said she looks fine. Am I over worrying? I was reading about what could happen with high levels of calcium... (coma or even cardiac arrest)... that scares me!! What else should I watch for. Since shes seeing so many different drs since its the weekend... I dont want them to miss anything and want to raise red flags if i notice something on mom. But I dont want to be a pain either u know. I might be over worrying?!

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

thank u.... she calls me her tree...:).... but ok... i am actually not writing them down yet but I will now!!!! what ive been doing is emailing my sister what drs are saying ... (she lives in WA were in TX) so thats kinda how i been keeping track... but ur right... maybe I should start a journal... and write things down when drs come by. thank u.

• chrissyb

Hi Monroy sorry you can't sleep.  When I was diagnosed with the bone mets, my calcium level was very high and my Vit D was very low.  The doc was also checking my PTH which was for the parathyroid function.  I think for you at the moment, you need to just be aware but let the docs do there job.  If you notice anything that is not usual with your mom please bring it to her docs attention and believe that she is in the right place to get the treatment she needs.  Sometimes we feel like we are being pains to the medical fraternity but that's okay.......She is your mom and she derserves your vigilance but sometimes we just have to accept that we can do nothing and leave it to those who can.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson

Now feel nice and full - we had burgerfuel burgers tonight. It's not often we do that but great for a change.