INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I like a mix of butter, tarragon, garlic, parsley and lemon juice.  Especially good on chicken or fish but also veggies.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Nancy, I wouldn't use just the r/vinegar to marinade anything as it is fairly strong on it's own but as an extra flavour in a mix, absolutely as the vinegar would act as a tenderiser as it's an acid.  Lemon juice works the same way in fact, if you have a thin piece of fish and you just squeeze fresh lemon over the raw fish it will actually cook in the lemon juice......that's what the acid does.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Wish ---------won't fly,  to cruise would take me away from my bundle of anxiety schatzi-------too long

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Gee go away for a few seconds and there is a lot of chat.

Chrissy we had a 'safe' where the meat was kept and there was an icebox. Jellies were set in the bath if there were a lot do do. And we didn't get many upset tummys as children.

• chrissyb

Sage goes very well with chicken.  Nancy, I just remebered, I've also done a lavender flower and butter.  I've use it on fresh English scones or small sponge rounds......it's delicious!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Fresh Dill goes very well if you are making turkey burgers.

I also buy fresh thyme and dry it myself.

Thanks for having me. No I'm not going to bed but want to watch some TV.

GOOD NIGHT ALL♥

• chrissyb

No Alyson we didn't either but if you think about all the hoo ha about germs etc now, there would be a lot of illness due to the fact that people are actually weekening their systems by killing off all bacteria and not giving their system a chance to build an immunity.   I though the old icebox a great thing as my gran always seemed to pull magical tasting food from it......lol

• sas-schatzi

cerviche--- i think is the word-for marinating in a lemon based thingy

Hi Chabba-your mix sounds good tooo

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133

Hi Nancy91355,

Greetings All...

• chrissyb

Sorry Chabba, didn't mean to ignore you. There are a few of the herbs I've done with butter in your list as well that I had forgotten.    I just do whatever takes my facy at the moment.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

We spent over a year on the family homestead when I was 5, 6.  No electricity, running water or available ice.  Food was kept cool in a tin lined box between the windmill and the cattle troth. cold water was piped through it.  One really hot day I got in a lot of trouble for takig all the food out and climbing in to cool off.

• chrissyb

Hi Sohard nice to see you.

• sas-schatzi

Here's a truism for life, do not take your Aromasin over the sink. Watched one, go done the drain and couldn't do anything about it................

• chrissyb

ROLTLMAO  Chabba!   That's just the sort of thing a kid would do without thinking of the consequenses.

• sas-schatzi

hi sohard-------i'm sheila nice to meet you . we're basically are talking food

• Ondagrow

You guys talking about cooking... I found a CURRIED SPINACH SALAD WITH CHICKEN AND APPLES recipe... It was pretty good...

I made too much... I am thinking about cooking the remainder spinach later today...

• chrissyb

Oh Sheila I can so relate!!!  Mine wasn't the sink it was the floor.  I'm on Femara and that little pill is yellow and my floor is mottled slate with the same colour in it.    Didn't I have fun trying to find that little pill before my dog did!....not!

• chrissyb

Sohard that sounds yummy....could you share the recipe?

• chrissyb

No but she was looking for it with me and I was so afraid of her getting it I actually growled at her.....something I never do.

• chrissyb

either Vivaldi or Van Morrison

• sas-schatzi

Oh crissy i can so relate to that type of floor trying to find somthing small. and you can't give up. 1 the dog can eat and 2 the money. If it were a patient i'd throw it away for myself though sounds bad , but i'd give it a good wipe

• sas-schatzi

Well thats quite a spread chrissy interesting

• chrissyb
    Shiela, I stand right over the bench now so the little devil can't go anywhere any more.  If it wasn't keeping me alive I'd throw it myself and so far it's doing it's job so I'd best keep swallowing it. Frown
  • sas-schatzi

I'm still a motown girl, but when i'm on here i put on soundscapes. I've tried blues and country and it's too much for my brain

• sas-schatzi

You know it's irritating when the page turns b/c then you have to go back see what you missed and then there's a bunch. of new posts. ------ grumble LOL

• sas-schatzi

Getting old nancy---------or you talk too much LOL----------I'm at2196 -------oh cow cakes i'll turn 3000 tonight

Sohard and Chabba still here?

• chrissyb

Shiela, I like all forms of music.....even my grandson's I think it's called mystic metal.   I have the reptation of being a cool gran from his friends.....that makes me laugh.   I keep telling him that as lone as what I'm listening to has light and shade, has a melody and tells a story of its own I will listen to it.  I have taught him well as he, at fifteen, also has a wide appreciation for all music.  He particularly likes the swing from the forties and the big bands.

• Ondagrow
    Here is the recipe for Curried Spinach Salad With Chicken And Apples

How to make it

• Combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
    • Chill at least four hours.
    • Sauté chicken in oil after marinating in soy sauce then drain and chill 4 hours.
    • Combine spinach with dressing and toss.
    • Divide into 4 plates.
    • Divide chicken, apple, peanuts and raisins then place on top of spinach.
    • Serve immediately.
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Well dinner tonight is steak and I am going to use all the left over vegetables I have in the fridge. Will make a cheese sauce and heat them up in the oven.

My cats are telling me it is time for their dinner and the have no intension of waiting too much longer.

• sas-schatzi

Well I grew up in Detroit when Motown was just starting in the 60's. They just kept coming out with great tunes, and the dreamiest to slow dance to. Lots' of memories with those tunes. I was in HS from 64-68 think about motown during that time. they ruled opposite the beatles and the rest of the English-------whose the skinny guy? LOL