INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

sas we are in the same time zone. I was adopted and I have always been a night person...yep I am grocery shopping at 1 or 2 AM! I have a fruit addiction...watermelon, black grapes, pears and good hard apples. NO WORK TILL TUESDAY!  I can usually sleep in until late, but pharmacy close at 2P so I have to get up and get my new meds. At least they are the same ones just a higher dose to help with side effects! My cat watches netfix movies with me, but has learned to turn it off when she is tired!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Enjoy Chrissy and I am going to have a bath cause the old bones are sore tonight.

Sleep well everyone I might check back later.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Monoroy----------the key right know is to see to her comfort, periodically ask if she is in pain. or explain to her that is she is in pain to let you know. To often in this situation family asks too often that the patient can become irritated or scared by the frequent questioning. I did write a post on another thread regarding helping a patient to understand the pain scale . I will go and get the url and we can go to the thread together. you can read it and I will stay with you until you say your questions are answered okay?

• sas-schatzi

monoroy are you still here?

• sas-schatzi

Nancy stay here for a few minutes and I'll get the url for the pain page

• sas-schatzi

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/770655?page=1#idx_14

monroy01

This is a new thread about pain ----------I've written several post about pain and the pain scale.

It may help you . I will stay for a liitle bit longer after sending you a PM . You've gotten some wise information while I was typing. Namaste sheila

• sas-schatzi

I'm going to Pm her and see if we can't get her back. She may not understand the system with page turning etc

• ozeechick
    ozeechick Member Posts: 1

hi everyone, i dont know how to ask for some guidence....in the last 6 weeks,my right breast has swollen up 2 times.The hospital found a lump and had me attend the breast clinic here in Perth. They had to do a core biopsey,I aws so so scared,I had nobody to hold my hand ( My Mum is on a cruise) and my partner really isnt the " I will make you feel better type"..... Because the appointment was on a Friday arvo,I cant recieve my results 4 a few days...The stress of finding out if I have Breast Cancer is doing my head in.My Aunty had breast cancer in her late 40s,Im only 32,,,has anyone been through this with a negative result???

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

Thank you soooooo much chrissyb for your reply!!! it was the light that I needed!!! I feel like I can breathe now... its amazing how much better I feel...i just needed to find people with the same thing she has to find hope... Your right this is all a trial and error deal... we were explained that but in times like these its easy to forget!!!

your right sas... i should sleep... I will do my best...i think i might be able to now... i feel like i have something positive to transmit to mom in the morning...

thank you for looking for me nancy... ill jump to that forum and read up on it!

thank u all very much.... yall are angels!!! you are my light right now and i mean that from the very bottom of my heart....ill sign back on soon!

• sas-schatzi

Nancy i'm back sent monroy a PM . I'm starting to crash. I told her i would wait for a few minutes. 

• sas-schatzi

monroy are you still here?

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

yes

• sas-schatzi

I took the pain post and put it in a PM to her.

• sas-schatzi

OzeechikThere are two people here from australia and auckland , but the are at tea right know. Look for chrissyb on the previous page and alyson and send them a PM. Don't mean to leave you hanging , but it's 0445 for me and i need sleep now.------------so sorry

• sas-schatzi

nancy if you are still here I have to crash head hurts. L&H s

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi Ozzee I understand you are frightened at the moment but all the statistics are in your favour for it to be B9.  To have it swell and then go down and then swell again sounds more like some sort of infection but the biopsy that you have had done will give you some difinitive answers to your questions.  I know that having to wait for 4 days before you get those answers are going to be hard ones but the best advise I can give is for you to stay busy, try and enjoy your weekend by doing things that you enjoy.  The busier you are the less likely you are to dwell on those results.  Just take one day at a time and you will find those 4 days will pass very quickly.  If you have more questions please just ask.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Night Nancy and Shiela!!!   Sleep well both of you and I'll catch you later!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133

I am still up... barely... I was reading up on the case...

Good Night All...

• chrissyb

Night Sohard!    Sleep well!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson

Looks as if everyone has gone to bed. DH is watching rugby.

Oozzee we all know about waiting and it is always hard. Have a good weekend and as Chrissy says try to keep busy. Let us know the results. Sending big hugs
    ((((((Oozzee))))))))

Had a lovely bath, I know it doesn't help the LE but its great for the arthritis. 

Have a good evening Chrissy.

• chrissyb

You too Alyson!

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

WOW! I had to bring my tea to the 'puter so that I could read every page since yesterday. It looks as if I will have to come here in the afternoons, instead of 6-7pm, to keep up with what almost amounts to a chat room. 

Chrissyb, have you had any problems with keeping the shiny bits on the stove top clean?  One thing I can suggest is wiping the top down with Shellite on a bit of paper towel/cotton cloth once it's cooled down, as this will dissolve any oily/greasy spatters, it's much easier to wipe down with a cloth then.  I also use a metal polish (Auto-sol from Super-cheap) on a make-up remover pad once a week on the burner rings. Being aluminium, they will go black very quickly and it takes a lot of elbow grease to restore them.

Did we have a discussion about Macadamia's a while back? I have a new crop in.....if you want me to send you some, let me know where on PM.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

Hey Aussie I just PM'd you.  As to the stove, I usually give it a spray with sugar soap and then let it sit while I do the dishes then just wipe and everything just wipes away.  On the surround for the burners, I use a fine grained SS polish that I get from an Italian cooking store in the city.  It comes in a shaker and you don't need much to get a good result.  I use the same stuff on my saucepans, fridge and microwave.  It's actually made for the saucepans and leaves them so shiny you almost need sunglasses to look at them....lol.  It also leaves a protective coating on things that stops a lot of stuff sticking.   Just love that polish!

• Alyson

Hi Aussie Sheila

Sort of watching the rugby, not good for the blues, never mind evn though we live in Auckland we actually support the Crusaders.

Talking of stoves must do something about my burner rings, at least the restof the top is black enamel.

• chrissyb

I was just thinking that may be the autosol would be easier than the polish for the burner rings.....I might just give that a try.

• AussieSheila

Good to know you are as pedantice as I am about these things. I used to use the old Bon Ami (the gold one) until 'they' stopped importing it and it took ages to find something to replace it.  My old stove looked new when it left here after 19 yrs of cooking for 6 and yet I have seen much newer ones destroyed by bad maintenance. I also have 30 yr old saucepans that still look as good as new.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

I work on the premise that all the things I have bought for my kitchen cost me an arm and a leg and as I still need and arm and a leg to function I don't think I can afford to replace them so I must look after them!.....lol

Chrissy

• AussieSheila

Hi Alyson, I wish the manufacturers would stick with the one product and quit discontinuing good lines.  I don't know how many times I have gone to buy an old favourite only to find that they don't make it any more. Case in point:- a paint on aluminium cleaner that was like oven cleaner but lifted all/everything that was cooked/stained on aluminium without doing damage in the process. It could also be used on stainless steel which made it a good all-round cleaner. Another one is very fine steel wool soap pads which I used on aluminium egg rings/saucepans to really buff them up, is now impossible to get...............and my DH wonders why I stockpile certain things!

Mind you, I wouldn't have to do all this scrubbing if my daughter didn't keep putting such things in the dish washer, regardless of the thousands of times I have explained to her the difference between aluminium and stainless steel.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

Aussie, don't you just love the way kids listen?  I think these manufacturues believe that everyone now has a dish washer so things like steelo soap pads are no longer needed.......little do they understand that there are a lot of homes where the dishwasher as usually a pair of hands!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy talked with my sister about what she did with lamb chops. Rince chops and pat dry. Put a slit in a whole lemon and put in microwave for 25-30 seconds. Careful when you take it out juice may be hot. Slice lemon in half. Swipe each side of chop with lemon. Salt and pepper. Broil as usual. When you turn the chop-swipe again with lemon. She says she only does one side, but said it likely wouldn't hurt to do both sides.. Thats it. She serves with lemon wedges and mint jelly. L&H sas