INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

good you wil love this. It's an hors doers(sic). But recently found that it can be used on chicken, pork tenderloin and salmon---trial and error thing----------wonderful

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

You have me intrigued now and I can't wait to read it!  and try it!

• sas-schatzi

recently had bad news. I knew it FRI night , but didn't want to say anything until one of the kids announced it---------DS and Wonderful Fiancee --------broke their engagement. BUMMER. I thought they were a great match, but ca-sa-ra

• sas-schatzi

He was heartbroken, but surface wize he's handling it well.

• chrissyb

That's a real shame Shiela.....did they say why? or just one of those things.  Unfortunately we can't live their lives for them so they have to make their own decisions.

• sas-schatzi

I saw the pics of your DD and BF wonderful looking couple ---married?

• chrissyb

No....but I'm hoping....lol!

• sas-schatzi

WEll she has a 4 year naval committment--------4-5 hours between them --her next assignment is on a ship for 8-12 months. He was willing to follow her whereever , even though as a lawyer that would be hard. She didn't want that.. All of this was discussed thoroughly before engagement inFEB.........he only got an inkling something was up about two weeks ago

• sas-schatzi

I thought her maturity level was such that she had thought it through as well as he had.

• sas-schatzi

Do you do Facebook?

• sas-schatzi

deleted felt to exposed

• chrissyb

Yes but not a lot.  Why?

I do remember you saying that you were wondering what they were going to do because of her commitment to the navy.

• sas-schatzi

Did you run of toBRB or PM?

• sas-schatzi

Well as I said they both kept insisting they had it all talked out. BUT the infamous BUT. Whats sad------is she had a guy that was true blue, nophilandering--------would never in his lifetime, and was willing to follow her. he was committed

• chrissyb

To put some wood on the fire before I freeze and to turn the electric blankets on to warm the bed....lol

• sas-schatzi

Alyson mentioned setting a fire earlier---------is that the heating method of choice? how are the forrests holding up?

• chrissyb

Maybe it was a case of commitment nerves.......it happens..unfortunately.

• chrissyb

We only have a very small house and the fire is a combustion fire so uses very little wood.  The old Almond tree that blew down last year is fueling our fire this year.  We usually use about a ton of wood a year.....not a lot when you think about it and a heck of a lot cheaper than electric, gas or oil!

• sas-schatzi

Something nice I was reading stuff on the rest of hisFB page--------favorite qoute" With hard work comes Privelege". Since about 10 y/o we used the phrase "With  Effort comes Privelege". I was proud to see even though modified that it is part of him now, that was a mom warmer.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Hi Chrissy & Sheila, I didn't get those nuts off to you Chrissy today, had to baby-sit grandson unexpectedly at his home all day. While a positive experience, he is a little live-wire and at 10 months taking his first steps already which leaves me exhausted by the end of the day.  They say that early walkers are highly intelligent and I don't doubt it with this one. He used to look at everything with a questioning look as if he was trying to understand what it was all about and now he has what I call a 'knowing' look.  Things are starting to make sense and he is figuring out which ways he can make mischief from them.  His mother at 25 is exhausted most of the time as GS doesn't sleep through the night yet and my son, like most males, doesn't hear a thing all night long. I think that's called selective hearing.

I will try to get to the PO tomorrow if I can still walk after crawling on the floor, chasing, cleaning food off the walls, floor etc., all day.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

Isn't it nice when something we pushed at them as kids comes back and reafirms our faith in human nature and our job as parents.

• sas-schatzi

The combustion stove wouldn't happen to be called a Franklin --would it?

Like I say something else is up, but we won't know for awhile, I'm sure of it.

• chrissyb

Hey Aussie no probs, I just appreciate the fact that you are sending me some full stop.  Your GS sounds wonderful, a real live wire and of course you are not proud of his achievements are you?.....lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Yes, yes yes-------------he has an exceptional work ethic very proud of that.

Aussie sheila------hello tired GM

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy what time is it there?

• sas-schatzi

Aussie sheila _____I'm a sheila too_______and Seyla's a sheila also

• chrissyb

No, it's a Woodsman, it's little but works well.  It heats the place so that I can wal around with a long sleeved cotton shirt......not too hot, not too cold!

Sometimes we get so used to our childrens partners and when the relationship doesn't work out we actually miss them......there is always in the back of our minds questions of why it didn't work.  It's a shame but I guess they know what they are doing.

• chrissyb

Shiela it's 8.45pm

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy---is that stove a Franklin if not see if you can find it's origins---------Benjamin Franklin made an effecient wood burner that was revolutionary for it's time, besides all his other inventions and the revolutioary war activities.

• chrissyb

Very popular name....just like Christine!