INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

It's hard to believe that she is 38 but I guess that's what happens when you don't drink, don't smoke, eat clean and sleep regular hours.

• chrissyb

I feel the same way, I sometimes wish that I could turn the clock back but there again, I probably would do the same things all over again.  I used to always look ten years younger that I was but not any more...thank you BC......but I'm not doing too bad as I will be 60 in December.   Well I'd better let you get some sleep and DH is complaining he's getting hungry so I need to get some food organised.  Thank goodness what I planned is a very quick cook.

Sleep well my friend and I'll catch you tomorrow.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

Hello ladies... so mom was doing better today for most of the day... dr saw her again and her calcium levels are down from initially at 16 on friday, 14 on saturday to 13 today! so thats a good sign! her creatinine levels are at 1.4 now... we came in at 1.6 on friday. but everything was great until after lunch... she started complaining about pain... and the rest of the day it started getting worse... its hard for her to move around in her bed... just turning on her side seems almost impossible... but heres the thing... the only thing that changed was that yesterday they gave her zometa! Could that be why shes having this pain!? She complains about pain in her back and her legs and her neck. So its in more than one place. she was on aredia before and i remember she kind of felt like this then so bad that my dad had to take her to the hospital. Do you know if zometa can cause the same side effects??!?

• chrissyb

Hi Monroy, to answer your question re the Zometa, yes it can cause bone pain to start with and they put this down to tumor flare but be reassured, it does get better and in the mean time just make sure she is getting enough pain meds to keep her comfortable.  It's good to hear that her levels are falling and that truly is a good sign.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Was just about to say "Where's Chrissy?"

Must get the fire on as it is getting cold.

BS was as delighted as I was when she couldn't find anything sinister - lump is just an infection yippee.

• Alyson

Have just lost another of our chemo group -- I hate this disease.

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

thank you chrissyb... ok i will make sure she gets her pain meds... hopefully we keep seeing those numbers go down!!! Cant wait to see her back to her normal happy self!!!

• chrissyb

Alyson that's great news!!!! I'm so pleased for you.  Did you get some anti B's?  I sure hope so as you need to knock that infection on the head asap!!!

I'm just off to the Post Office and I will be back in about 1/2 an hour.  Till then................

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

well, we've been busy, here, eh?

so, tonight im having a REALLY hard time even "settling" down.. can't really put a name on it; but i don't LIKE it!!~

so, i cleaned out one of the peices of furniture that i've been hiding my "treasures" in for almost 3 yrs... i moved into this house, got dxed,and am just starting some unpacking, and getting settled...

i know what it is! it just dawned on me, i'm packing up the treasures i put away in cabinets, for my mum who died on me right bf bc; and my sisters' stuff, who just died a month or so ago,.

it always AMAZES me that i'm so UN aware of what i;m feeling, or why...now, the tears are here, cause im finished for the night, and its' safe to feel......

i so appreciate you "late night " ladies... when it was just chrissy chasing me from thread to thread for awhile, it was much harder...since then, i've gotten to find AMAZON books, and i always am 2-3 books ahead. bc tv just reeks!!! even ppv stinks some nights!!!   well, i'll be back.. off to other threads for a bit....3jays

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

That is great news Alyson.Smile

Monroy alot of us get bone pain...anti inflammatories with pain meds seem to help if reg pain meds do not work. Tell your mom I have 2 use a walker in the morning just to get up...I have a reconstructed leg and foot @ times I would like to give it away!

Chrissy I have not cooked today, just being lazy.

My neighbor has numerous medical problems and it was great to see him and his brother out on their motorcycles today. Now i get to listen to nite 2 of fireworks and july 4th is tomorrow! I tore apart the afghan I was crocheting and started knitting it...just could not get the edges straight. It is to go with a short popover for my sis. 

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,504

Ah, I see familiar late-night faces (or avatars anyway)! Hello, and happy weekend!

Judith

• chrissyb

Hi Judith.....Happy 4th July to you!!!  Enjoy!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi everyone just a popin popout. Did the same thing last night ---was able to go right to sleep

Monroy --I sent that hyperlink again on pain let me know if it works---sheila ----sas

Chrissy---just hit me when we started sharing recipes and you asked if I wanted some of yours. It hit me how rude of me. But today I realized. ------well we used to have some body into tea on Sat ot Sun once a week with emphasis on always trying new recipes-------only a few dinners since feb09, have only used oven a few times since DH died, stovetop a few times a month, Basically microwave-------totally unhealthy, but at one point I don't know how I survived b/c I wasn't eating enough to keep a chick alive. Eating  a bit better now.  so, it starting to go in the right direction..

Have a fun night L&H sheila

• chrissyb

I have been a busy bee today and have spent little time on the boards as I'm heading back to the city tomorrow for my regular appointment with my GP (PCP) and then on Thursday my mamo and visit with the BS.   I'm not cooking anything fancy tonight just some chicken and veg and for dessert probably some stewed fruit and custard.  That should keep the bugs at bay!....well hopefully....lol!

Anum I hate having to pull things out if I'm not happy with them but I would be less satisfied if I left them.   There is a knack to keeping the edges straight and it took me a long time to work it out.

• chrissyb

Shiela, so good that you are managing to get good sleep.....that is waaaaay more important than sticking around here.

I used to cook dinner for the family and extended family once a week............a total of 20.  It cost me a fortune but I loved doing it but all that came to an abrupt halt with the BC Dx.    It was our way of catching up with everyone and those who were working full time didn't have to worry about cooking once a week.

• 3jaysmom

hey Judith ... Happy 4th!!......3jays

• 3jaysmom

chrissy.....good trip; have a visit with your DD, if ya can, and drive safe...  email me when ya get home ojay?        off to the new book,,,,meant to tell you; marieeka is beautiful, and Jasons' not so bad to look at, either......3jays

• chrissyb

He sure is a sweety too 3jays, always gives me the biggest hug when I see him.  I like him a lot as he is making Mareike so very happy so he's number one in my book.   Enjoy your book and I'll catch you later!

• Alyson

Had dinner and now watching a wee bit of TV. Had to pop round to DD's to get my car which she borrowed today after having tried to get her mother to throw away a whole lot of things. Its so lucky for her that we live 6mins away but then she had come over to the BS with me. GD innocently told the BS that Granny has a broken boob but its OK. BS had asked GD what her little brother ate and be said he didn't eat food he just has milk from mummy's boob and then she told BS about my boob. She had everyone laughing even a worried looking lady who was about top see BS.

• chrissyb

Hi Hadley!!!  Just PM'd you.....lol

Tea has been consumed and I'm ready for a good chat with any who can't sleep!!!

Alyson your GD is just the cutest!  Out of the mouths of babes come the perfect truths!  Ya gotta love 'em!!!

• chrissyb

Hadley it only 6.45pm here so I have a long evening ahead.  I probably wont be going to bed for a few hours yet!

• chrissyb

You are an early bird!   Particulalry on a holiday!

• chrissyb

Ooo Hadley it is now a pleasure to cook!  The amount I want to cook cannot be consumed by two people so it won't get a real good work out until all the children and grandchildren come to stay to celebrate my Dh's birthday and our 42 wedding anniversary....................Look out that weekend...lol....I'll be cooking up a storm!!!!

• chrissyb

That's a great pic!!!!   why don't you leave it up?

• chrissyb

I think we are in the minority here too sadly but there's always hope that others will persevere through hard times and be able to say the same thing.

There is a place here in Western Australia called Monkey Miah and you can feed and swim with the dolphins.  My younger sister travelled there last year and had an absolute ball!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Hi ladies

• chabba

friend of mine swam with the sharks at the Atlanta aquarium.  She loved it.

• chabba

chrissy, DH and I celebrate 45 years on Aug 6.

• Alyson

Just came back before closing down soon.

Hi Hadley hope you are doing well. I am feeling sleepy tonight.

Chrissy, we will have 39 years soon. Probably in a minority here as well but have group of friends who have been married similar or longer times.

• chabba

She is less than half my age and far more addventrous than I ever was.  Her latest passion is rollar derby--as a skater.  I could never have gotten into that.  Don't like contact sports where you inflict deliberate pain on another person.