INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

thank you. I told my mom about you yesterday and u know what? first she was like really? How did you find her? then that was it... a few hours later I caught her just starring into space and I asked her what she was thinking about... and she said "that im gonna give it my best shot. That I can do this."...IT WAS THE BEST THING IVE HEARD FROM HER IN A LONG WHILE!!!! thanks again!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Just dropping in to say hello -----------tried to sleep ---no good. Still exhausted from last night.

• monroy01
    monroy01 Member Posts: 15

thank you. I will ask the doctors in the morning.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I keep coming back!  when I do everyone's gone!  but then when I go, you all come back.......are we playing tag?.....lol

• chrissyb

Yay!!!  we're both here at the same time!!!!!!

• sas-schatzi

on the pinned port thread sleepdeprived posted it was--------wish I knew this stuff before sx! I added a thing on ileus. The original description by the gal that started the thread is quite good.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Almost 4.30pm (I think) at Chrissy's, nearly 7pm here.

Thread tag was great when I was first dx as there was someone around when I was unable to sleep. Had such a great chemo group.

• sas-schatzi

Actually with sleepdeprived i should Pm her and tell her to join us. With a screen name like her she likely would be here allot

• chrissyb

You got it Alyson, right on the knocker!!!    4.30pm.

• chrissyb

Sounds like a good idea Shiela.

• sas-schatzi

Okey dokey I think I'll try bed again---------Night all L&H's sheila

• chrissyb

Night Shiela....hope you can sleep well!!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Nancy I've got hours to go yet......so chat away until the freight train arrives.....lol!!!

• chrissyb

Dh is home so I guess he'll be looikng for food in about an hour.....can you hang that long?   if not, no prob as I still need to fold my laundry that's sitting in the dryer.....I'd much rather chat though....lol

Oops forgot the k in looking...lol

• chrissyb

I hate that!!!  I often find that all the programs are all repeats that I've already seen a gazillion times before....ugh!   Thank god for DVD's!

• chrissyb

Laundry can wait....I don't think it's gonna go anywhere unless it grows legs and I can't see that happening!

• chrissyb

Bathroom break...BRB

• chrissyb

I'm back!   I think that I have a washing machine that eats socks....particularly the finer ones.   The big thick socks that DH wears would choke anything so I never seem to loose them just mine....wah!

• chrissyb

I know the feeling......usually when I get home from the city there is a pile waiting for me.  I have shown DH how to use the washer and dryer but some how he seems to 'forget'  how to do it when I'm away!

• chrissyb

Lol....mine was playing up last summer....the darn thing kept wanting to turn itself to standby and so didn't cool anything.  I called the repair man in January, I'm still waiting.........I have found that I'm not having any trouble with the heating side of things so I don't know what the heck is going on.  I'll give the repair guy another call when I get home from my trip.

• chrissyb

Nancy, I did and do pilates when I'm able.  I found yoga too harsh for me but I know there are a lot of people who swear by it.  Pilates is very good but the secret is in the breathing.

• Alyson

I did pilates which was great but it was costing too much. I now belong to Curves a woman's only gym which I quite enjoy and i can do as much as I want.

• chrissyb

I haven't been to a class for years but I did go for about a year when I first started....that was after my first Dx.  I still do the exercises that I remember and I have a DD who is a personal trainer so she checks what I'm doing periodically.

• chrissyb

I would like a pilates bed though, that would make a lot of the exercises sooooo much easier and more effective!

• chrissyb

Where I live, I don't think there is a gym!   The population is only 1500 so not that big.

• chrissyb

Only problem is she is so good at what she does she works 50 - 60 hours a week and so has little time for her mum.  We laugh at times as I keep saying to her I need to make a booking even for a conversation.....lol

• chrissyb

No.  It is called a bed but is far from it.  The base slides and has ajustable tension springs, there is a bar at one end that allows you to postition your feet for certain exercises and there are pulleys that allow you to use your own body weight as a loading.  It's not that big but quite expensive....way out of my budget unfortunately.

• Alyson

I am liking curves cause its just the ladies and the trainers are great. They also understand that with my RA I often cannot do everything.

• chrissyb

My DD is usually in bed and asleep by 9.00pm and she is up most days a 4.30am for her  first appointment at 5.00am  and the day goes on from there.  She does take enough time to eat well between clients though but she is gorgeous.   I'll post a pic .

• chrissyb

This is Mareike with her SO Jason.