Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TE TROUBLE

Comments

• Lakegirl1
    Lakegirl1 Member Posts: 158
    edited April 2014

Lissab...I'm so sorry...  I just wish you could catch a break.  I guess, better out than in.  I can't imagine what that would feel like!  

Good luck at your MD appt today...hopefully, they will be able to help.   

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited April 2014

lissa, I had a sx to close a lymph vessel that leaked and a new drain placed. They will do what ever they can. Try not to worry but go with the (no pun intended) flow....

Much love

• Lissab
    Lissab Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2014

I'm about to have a procedure done in office. He's cutting the mid section out ' pulling my skin together from excess skin I  have and they're stitching me up. He's numbed me waiting on the procedure to start. No nerve meds I'm quite nervous. He said it should tAke 30 minutes. He seems to feel like this will heal correctly now bc skin won't be so thin there now. Anyone hAd this done?

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited April 2014

This happens fairly often - don't be worried.

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2014

lissa, you just made your PS' s day! He gets to do a minor surgery on a nonsurgical office vist! I'm sure he's thrilled. And I bet he's smiling.......LOL

• Lissab
    edited April 2014

I feel really tight. Quite a bit of bleeding but I think it's gonna do ok. Area seems so thick in comparison to area before. I go to him again Monday at 2:30. I'm praying it looks good still. What causes our skin to be so thin? My mom said when he was stitching me up the underneath skin was Almost black. Could that be my expander we're seeing or my cadaver skin? Just curious. He says my skin is very damaged whatever that means. 

• NJmomof3
    NJmomof3 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2014

Lissab,

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I think our skin is so thin b/c they scrape it to make sure they have all of the breast tissue out.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and I'll say a prayer for you today at church. 

For my part, my pain is mostly gone and it looks like I have some bruising below my left breast. My guess is that the blood just travelled down as it is nowhere near where my muscle tear was.

NJMomof3

• specialk
    edited April 2014

lissa - you may have actually been seeing your pectoral muscle.  People have varying thickness of skin, just like hair or fingernails.  I also have exceptionally thin skin and pectoral muscles, which is genetic.

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2014

HOPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

• Lissab
    edited April 2014

well today my incision opened up. Called my dr & tomorrow he says we will either take some fluid out & restitch or go to surgery to remove expander. Has anyone ever removed fluid & been successful with saving the expander? I'm prepared for whichever. Just ready to be healed for a bit. 

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2014

Hugs Lissa. Whatever happens you will deal. Hugs and much love

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited April 2014

Lissab - So sorry to hear of your latest 'detour' (as Moon would call it).  We'll all be in your pocket tomorrow and hoping for the best...  ThumbsUp 

SpecialK - How are you doing?

• specialk
    edited April 2014

AZ - hanging in - I go tomorrow to start removing stitches - still have an unhealed edge on one of the stitched areas.  I asked the PS about it last week at my appt., but he said he has also looked at it from the inside and is not that concerned, so we will see what he says.

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited April 2014

Good luck to you all!

• Galsal
    edited April 2014

Saw my new BS today.  Thankfully, he's my new one at the VA but I went to him through my insurance to get it done and not wait on them.  Do believe he's yours too SpecialK.  I know he's the one for MondaysChild.  He gave the idea that his impression of the trouble maker side was that it would have to be moved into a new position inside.  Hmmmm  We'll see. If the one side wasn't doing so well, I'd say just take them out.  But it is so there you go.

• Lissab
    edited April 2014

headed home from having my expander removed. Mixed emotions but this too shall pass. This drain is determined to become my best friend. Praying the healing is done 100% this time. 

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2014

aw h*ll! Sorry Lissa. That sucks. 

• AZ85048
    edited April 2014

SpecialK - Good luck tomorrow!  I have my fingers crossed for you...ThumbsUp

• AZ85048
    edited April 2014

Lissab - Crap. That's not at all the news I'd hoped for.  But like you said, maybe it will be better if the healing is 100% complete this time.  Sending you a hug and a prayer...

• specialk
    edited April 2014

lissa - a number of us have been where you are right now - you can do this and it will get better.

galsal - my BS is his older brother

AZ - thanks!

• Galsal
    edited April 2014

Ahhhhh, hadn't realized that SpecialK.  I'm just thankful he's pleased with my Onc and PS.  He was most vocal of him being glad at my having stepped away from the VA for many aspects of it all.  At least he was able to access direct into my VA record from his private practice.    It was really good to her that he'd have done the same as the prior BS did in terms of my PILC  surgery and treatment.

• specialk
    edited April 2014

galsal - he is a good guy and he cares a lot - he is treating my friend - she just had her BMX last week at SJN.  It is a good thing that he is over at the VA - he mentioned that he was starting over there recently and I was glad to hear it!

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited April 2014

Lisa

So sorry. I've been there too!  Better to wait and make sure you're all healed

Babs

• Lissab
    edited April 2014

I will say thAt I think this might of been what's best. I've only had 20 ccs of drainage today. Before I was having 40-80ccs daily. I don't see anymore yellow fluid at all yet. Just blood & now it's lighter blood.  I haven't looked at my new battle scars as I call them but I will. Just not ready yet. Thanks for your prayers. 

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2014

lissa. It helps to know you are feeling so much better now that it's out. Since its gone take your time now. Recover well first. I still think I lost my 2nd one cause I didn't wait long enough after chemo and I wasn't in any shape for surgery. I was so much better after chemo I thought I was fine. But at 1 year post chemo I WAS fine and the difference was unreal. You probably will not have to wait as long but do heal first. 

Much love. 

• krisnanbrandy123
    krisnanbrandy123 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2014

is it incision from actual drain or expander? My drain fell out and ps ended up aspirating 160ml    But it did not hurt and i am fine.  Did not affect healing so far.  But we might be talking about different issues.  Either way I am thinking of you 

• moonflwr912
    edited April 2014

Sandra and I met near Chicago.Fun visit and way too short but still worth meeting one of the lovely ladies of this board. Her DH took the photo. 

• Lakegirl1
    edited April 2014

Moon and Sandra...that is a great picture!  

• AZ85048
    edited April 2014

Oh, I'm SO glad you posted this picture!  I was wondering if you two had managed to get together.  Sandra's DH did a marvelous job, - but then look at his beautiful models!  I hope you two had fun.  (But we had the bail money ready just in case...)  Winking

Sandra - I love your t-shirt!  (I must confess I have one, too...)  ThumbsUp

• Lakegirl1
    edited April 2014

I love the t-shirt too!!!

I just keep wondering if I should just tattoo it on my forehead before I go back to work, that way I won't have everyone trying to catch a glimplse....LOL!!!