Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

August 2011 Surgery Group

Options

Comments

• NancyJill
    NancyJill Member Posts: 127
    edited June 2012
    Options

Natters, my period is irregular now, too. Doc says it's perimenopause and not unusual after chemo. Take care everyone and post your good news as you do your appointments. I am NED!

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow, I lost internet for a few days and this thread is alive again!
    Natters, soooooooo glad about your mammo!!!  Good luck with the racing season and celebrate big time.  Glad you found a good person...you deserve it.  I know about a summer filled with med appts.
    Happy cancerversary!
    Eema, so sorry you had such a year of back and forth with surgeries and treatments and new diagnoses.  I hope you can kick the CL or whatever it is out of your life...it really sux that it just goes on and on.  I hope you'll keep checking in now and then.  Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
    NancyJill - love your hair! 
    I have a lot of appointments as the one year mark approaches next month.  My BS already said NED but i know I have to see that mamo to be sure about the other side.   I can't believe a year is past....am so grateful for each day.
  • profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited August 2012
    Options

Oh, Blonde!  Thank you for starting this group.  Thank you for your friendship.  I will miss you. 

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited August 2012
    Options

G-d bless blonde. This has been a hard year for me, but this group and you ladies have been my rock. I'm so sad to hear about blonde.

• sarasowise
    sarasowise Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2012
    Options

I too am so sad to read about Blonde... I remember when we were all going through surgery about a year ago.  It seemed she was having a rougher time than most, but wow I can't believe she is gone. Bless her.

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 357
    edited August 2012
    Options

Blondelawyer is now with her beloved husband.  We thank her for starting this group as we all went though our experiences together last year.  Be at peace.

• bobeena
    bobeena Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2012
    Options

I was terribly saddened to read about Blondelawyer.  I hope now she is at peace and with her love.  She will be missed here.

• joan811
    edited August 2012
    Options

Dear August 2011 Sisters,
    I was off the boards for two weeks and just returned from being away.

How did you hear about Lisa (blondelawyer)?  I cannot find a thread with this sad sad news of her passing.
    We have lost a dear sister from our sisterhood of the past year.  She did not make it even one year since surgery.
    I am overwhelmed with sadness on hearing this. 
    I hope and pray that she is at peace with her dear husband who also died so young.
    I shall never forget her contribution to my life and to all of us who joined the August group.
    What a beautiful thing that she did  -  to list each of us by name and acknowledge our surgery dates so that we could uphold and pray for one another.

Lisa, as you rest in the arms of your dear husband, your life will be remembered and honored by all of us who have been touched by your kindness and courage.

• IsThisForReal
    IsThisForReal Member Posts: 154
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh dear, I have just heard about Blonde as well.  This brings tears to my eyes.  I won't forget her either as she brought us together, going through the same experiences.  Rest in Peace Blonde, Rest in Peace.  Cry
  • susanwmcg
    susanwmcg Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2012
    Options

Today was my one year anniversary of my BMX. I had to take a break from these boards and haven't been on for several months. I too am so sad to hear about Blondelawyer. She was so welcoming and helpful in my early days.

Hope the rest of you are well. I will have to get pics up on the Hair boards and bitch on the Tami ones.

Susan

• joan811
    edited August 2012
    Options

Susan, isn't it hard to believe it has been a year?  I had wanted to say that I think it was you who started the surgery list and it was blondelawyer who posted and updated for all of us in August 2011....the ladies here were my very first contact at my diagnosis. 
    I hope you are doing well and have put most of BC behind you.
    Hugs,

Joan

• joan811
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well, it looks like all of us have had the anniversary of our surgeries pass. 
    Hugs & prayers for everyone, especially those who are still struggling with BC, side effects, or just fear of the unknown.
    So glad to have you all in my life!
  • NancyJill
    edited September 2012
    Options

I haven't posted for a while. I passed the anniversary of my surgery with a few tears and a renewed commitment to stay healthy, plus a feeling of pride. Decided to check here and discovered Blonde is gone. Sad....and grateful to her.

One more Herceptin treatment and I'll be done. Thanks to all for updates.  

• joan811
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hi NancyJill,
    So good to hear you have passed the one year mark...so glad you are making progress through your treatment. 
    Best wishes to you and keep in touch!
    Joan
  • joan811
    edited September 2013
    Options

It is hard to believe another year has passed.
    It's that "pink" time of year...and the pink explosion sometimes doesn't tell the real story of the trials and losses associated with BC.
    I wish each of the ladies who came to this thread a healthy and happy year ahead. 

I hope someone will check in...
    I am doing well...just taking Femara and having the usual SEs but tolerable.
    I am grateful.

In memory of Blonde Lawyer who started our thread but passed far too soon.

• NancyJill
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi, Joan and all, When this anniversary passed my mother called me to remind me it had been 2 years since surgery. It is less in the forefront of my mind. I have no side effects I can detect to Tamoxifen. I am so fortunate. This year I lost 15 pounds. I am doing more exercise. I continue to avoid nitrates and add berries to my diet. I like the pink time of year. Thinking of BlondeLawyer and all. Stay well!

• joan811
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi NancyJill, It's good to hear you are doing so well...

Yes, there are days I do not think about BC at all.

You look great in your avatar and congrats on losing 15 pounds!

Stay well and be happy always....

• RiikkaPesonen
    RiikkaPesonen Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Head lice removal products are usually called as prediculicides that are delivering Tiny Locks, lice removing service. They made exceptional products with full of natural substance values.
  • dixiebell
    dixiebell Member Posts: 170
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi everyone: Was just checking in for the New Year and so shocked to see about blonde. I hope everyone else is doing well. I have been doing fine. I have a new grandson from my daughter and my son is getting married on Valentines Day. Had a pelvic CT scan yesterday for blood in the urine, well they can't find anything wrong with my kidney or bladder but do see a spot on my spine. So now its worry time again. Its been almost  2 1/2 years since my diagnosis. Anyway I am just happy to be here and no pain as of yet. I have noticed a significant vision change over the past month but did not even think anything about it until I started researching today. Well I am going to stay positive. Heading to the Bahamas with BF for New Years (my Christmas present) who told me nothing is scaring him off. The last one left me upon diagnosis so that was a nice thing to hear today! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, praying for everyone and for blonde and her family!

• joan811
    edited January 2014
    Options

Happy New Year to you and to all the August 2011 ladies. 

Hi Dixiebell,
    I remember the things you went through at dx and am glad you have put that behind you.  Congratulations on your grandaughter and the upcoming wedding.  All joy!    Grandchildren can make life so sweet.  I hope you had a great New Years with your bf.  Sorry you are having this concern after your scan.  I wishfor you some results that are uneventful.   
    I have never had a scan and wonder what I'm missing...but so far, am 2.5 years out and am OK.  Just the SEs from the AI drugs to deal with.  Life is mostly normal for me, and I am grateful.
    We are expecting a blizzard tonight and that will keep me from the 5 hour drive north for my grandaughter's 3rd birthday.  But we'll find a way to make it another day.
    For most of us, this thread was our first encounter with other women on BCO.  I won't forget what all of you meant to me. 
    Hugs and prayers for the ladies here....glad to see some checking in from time to time.  Wishing a New Year of health and peace.
    Joan

• dixiebell
    edited January 2014
    Options

Well bad news it is Stage 4 in the spine. I really have no symptoms and if not for the urine bleeding I still would not know. Had a PET Scan and its only that 1 spot. Been a bad week... I also have a friend who was stage 1 no nodes and is also now stage 4 after 5 years. I was doubting myself for going with the oncotype score of 5 and electing no chemo until another person I know had the chemo. rads and hormones and is now also stage 4 after 6 years post treatment. It is everywhere and she had no PET scans to go by so they think she has been stage 4 a while. I have accepted when it is our time it just is! I would say demand a PET SCAN so you have a baseline at least. I had a clean one in 2011 and so now in 2014 they only see the 1 - 2cm tumor which was biopsied and is positive. Maybe it doesn't change anything but it makes me feel better knowing. Hope everyone is digging out of the snow. Its even cold down here in New Orleans!

• joan811
    edited January 2014
    Options

Dixiebell, I just happened to catch your post...
    That must be really tough news for you to bear.  Sorry to hear about your scan results.  You are right, we never know how things would turn out if we had made different choices.  But you made your best choice at the time.  
    Hugs and prayers for the best possible outcome.
    I hate BC and wish you and our dear sisters did not have to go through this.
    Enjoy your grandson and the upcoming wedding.
    Best wishes always.

• NancyJill
    edited January 2014
    Options

Fight, Dixiebell!!

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi August 2011 surgery sisters!

Dixiebell, I just saw your post. I am sending hugs and prayers your way along with hopes for great outcomes.  

Joan, I also HATE bc!  I wish none of us had to go through all of this!

Today is 3 years since my dx.

• joan811
    edited March 2014
    Options

hi FL warrior - just saw your post.  

I hope you continue to be well. 

It seems like so long ago we were facing BC and the great unknowns with fear and uncertainty. 

Dixiebell hugs and prayers go out to you. 

• joan811
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hello to the August 2011 Surgery Group!

Dear friends,
    If you are on BCO, please check in and say hi.  It doesn't seem possible that three years have passed since our surgeries began. 
    I am doing well, taking Femara, and still working at 65.  I feel good and SEs are minimal.

Dixiebell, I am thinking of you and hope you are doing well. 

Best wishes, everyone!
    Joan

===========
    Blondelawyer - Lisa - Thank you for bringing us all together. 

• IsThisForReal
    IsThisForReal Member Posts: 154
    edited August 2014
    Options

It's been 3 years already??  Boy, time does go fast, doesn't it!

We switched over to Femera from Tamoxifen in May when I was diagnosed with lung ca.  Not mets, a new primary.  Love the femera, seems like few side effects if any...unlike the tamox.

Chemo ends middle of Sept. for me then I believe I have rads again.

This chemo is much easier for me to tolerate, although I'm told this is a much tougher regime.  

I have very high hopes I will come out of this ok, as I have so far with the breast cancer.  

Dixiebell - thinking of you and sending prayers.

((Hugs)) Ladies!!

• joan811
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Is This For Real,
    I am so glad you checked in.  It is just 3 years from my surgery date this week.  I am doing OK.
    I am so sorry to hear about your new primary.  Cancer is so relentless.  You are showing such courage and I am sending positive thoughts and big hugs your way.
    May you be cancer free/remission in the near future. 
    Sending love from this thread of brave warrior ladies...
    God be with you...and with you dixiebell...
    Anyone else want to check in?
    Love and hugs,

Joan

Joan811

• joan811
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi August 2011 sisters,
    As we head into the holiday season and coming year, most of us have now hit the 3 year milestone.  I am grateful for each day and for my friends here.
    My thoughts are with each lady who has stopped by this thread.
    I especially remember Blonde Lawyer who started this thread and lost her battle.
    For those who have had recurrences or new dx, I send wishes and prayers for the best possible outcome.

Happy holidays and please check in...
    Love and hugs,
    Joan811

• dixiebell
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi Group and Happy New Year. Well I am still at same status as last check in. Just got staged last week and there is no further metastasis and tumor on spine is 11mm from 3cm last year. That is a big reduction. I am taking biophosphates and doing well with them. I am now on Femera but honestly I really cannot tolerate the side effects. I am still working full time and traveling and feel really good.

So hope everyone is doing well. Hope you all check in soon!