Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Radiation recovery

Options

Comments

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2011
    Options

Oh Tam I am so, so sorry about this!  I understand, at what point is enough...enough?  I am glad you were not hurt physically, but the ticket sure doesn't help does it?  Soft hugs headed your way!

I have been out of the loop for days, been so sick.  Long story but severe fatigue and dizziness finally forced a call to my Mo today.  He pulled the plug on the Arimidex NOW and said if dizziness persisted to go to the ER.  I see him on the 10th, so will decide what to do about meds then.

I was down for days and just feel like it is a huge setback.  Still have surgery Thursday for the thyroid.  Hoping that comes back benign and I can resume life, please!

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2011
    Options

Tamcathtech so sorry about your accident. Glad you are ok.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2011
    Options

Janice,

You poor thing, I've been wondering where you were and can see now that I should have been worried! I'm sure you will find an aromataze inhibiter that will work for you, but what a bummer that the first one didn't. Now to find one while getting your thyroid back up to speed will be a challenge, but I'm sure it'll work out. Hugs to you, dear gal, and we're all still going right along with you to surgery again on Thursday. I'm so glad you called the MO instead of waiting longer.

Tamcathtech....I just wrote a response on the Sept thread to you, but what a bummer!

KateHudson, I haven't heard much from you lately either......how's it going? Found new, worthwhile activities to get interested in yet?

• Merilee
    Merilee Member Posts: 734
    edited November 2011
    Options

Tamcathtech- take that middle finger and go outside and point it at the sky and yell, Leave me the F&%$ alone already! Worked for me. Then I went in and blessed my house with incense.

Janicel, I am having trouble with the Arimidex as well and I am only on a tiny dose. Most of yesterday I felt so bitchy I could have strangled someone. Not my personality at all. I am trying to let my body adjust but man oh man, I sure can feel it.

Thursday will be a non event compared to what you have been through. You will be so happy when you hear the word B9. We all will :)

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2011
    Options

justmejanis

Good luck on your thyroid surgery Thursday. :)

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited November 2011
    Options

merilee i like your thinking!  what snacks shall i bring thurs janis!

• stephN
    stephN Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2011
    Options

Oh, Janis!  So sorry you've been so sick!  Gentle hugs...

Joining you gals here in RR since I finished up treatment yesterday.  Celebrating by having a root canal today.  Joy.

Cheers,

Steph 

• MamaV
    MamaV Member Posts: 373
    edited November 2011
    Options

tamcathtech - bummer!!!

stephN - bummer!!!

Janis - prayers for Thursday!!!

All this crap just proves one thing though doesn't it ... there is life after BC - may not always be the life we want, but all that crap is part of normal!

Love to all,

Vicky

• Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509
    edited November 2011
    Options

Janis, So sorry that you have been feeling so bad.  I wish you the best of luck on Thursday.  We will all be thinking about you.

• stephN
    stephN Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2011
    Options

You're right, Vicky.  Life goes on and I'm happy to be living it!  Turns out the endodontist didn't think he could save the tooth so it's on to an oral surgeon.  I'm really not that bummed about it.  Still riding high on finishing rads, I guess!

• Merilee
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • lrw333
    lrw333 Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2011
    Options

Merilee hehe I hear you and your so right...    Tam Sorry to hear about your accident. Sucks but glad your alright...     Joy I hope everything goes well today for you. Congradtulation on finishing RADS... Janice Prayers for Thursday. I hope your feeling better soon....Hugs!!!

• MostlySew
    edited November 2011
    Options

Merilee,

OMG, I think they were assholes! Good tip...Lol

P.s I'm really not supposed to be here yet, but I've only got today and tomorrow and it feels like I'm done.....does that count?

• Merilee
    edited November 2011
    Options

OMG back at ya, yes it counts so happy to hear you will be done!

• neecee
    neecee Member Posts: 125
    edited November 2011
    Options

tam - sorry about the accident.  I hope you are feeling OK. 

Janice - sorry you did not do well on the Arimidex.  You will be in my prayers Thursday!

Welcome StephN and MostlySew!

• Unknown
    edited November 2011
    Options

Tam, sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are ok. Hang in there, things HAVE to get better, change is a fact and you are due for some good change!

Well, I have posted about having chest and back pains since my 4th week of rads. My RO never would do anything about it and dismissed that it had anything to do with Rads. My family dr. said it was most likely costochondritis and put me on Mobic (anti-inflammatory), I took that for a week and no different. Called family dr. back and now I'm on Prednisone, pain killers, and some nerve blocking meds. He said to finish the Prednisone, if after the course of Pred. its gone then it was costochondritis, if its not gone, he thinks it might be nerve damage from Rads. I'm praying that the Pred. works. The thing that makes me so mad is that my RO would never do anything and I wonder if I would have stopped Rads if it wouldn't have gotten so bad. After all they said Radiation was really overkill treatment for me, but they still recommended it. Wow, really? This just sucks! I'm so pissed and bummed!

Thanks for reading my rant!

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi everyone! Just returned from the Blues Cruise and it was spectacular! Fantastic music, food, and fun. It was exciting, but also relaxing. I took my creams and stuff, but fortunately my armpit was almost healed and the itching was very minimal. The trip away was just what the doctor ordered (pun intended). I wish that you all could have been with me!

It is such a pleasure to NOT drive two hours a day to treatments. As you all already know, the relief is extraordinary. To those of you not yet finished, hang in there. Sweet times are on the way!

Janis-Ultra bummer. I thought you'd be all done by the time I got home. I hope that you are feeling better. I will be thinking of you on Thursday.

Stormy-Rant away! I hope that the pred works!

Tam-Yikes. I'm so glad that you weren't injured, but still sucks!

StephN & MostlySew-Welcome, welcome, welcome. Hooray!

Vicky-Thank you for reminding us that there IS life after BC!

To anyone I missed (I'm really behind on posts since vacation), have a wonderful November and cherish each day!

• katehudson25
    edited November 2011
    Options

Ceeztheday I am so happy that you had a great time!

• Ceeztheday
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thanks Kate. How is your back feeling? Better I hope.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2011
    Options

Ceeztheday my back is better, thanks for asking

• Ceeztheday
    edited November 2011
    Options

That is wonderful news! Have a great November Kate.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2011
    Options

You too Ceeztheday. I am looking forward to December when I get implants and lifts on the 7th so I can be a hot mama lol.

• Merilee
    edited November 2011
    Options

This is your day Mostlysue!Image Detail

• MostlySew
    edited November 2011
    Options

Ooooh Merilee, you're so sweet! Thanks. I feel just like a kid on Christmas morning. Got up at 5 a.m. I was so excited! My appt. isn't even till 1 pm!

• justmejanis
    edited November 2011
    Options

MostlySew...I have been sick and so out of the loop, but SO SO happy for you and this huge milestone! 

• justmejanis
    edited November 2011
    Options

I'll try to catch up on everyone when I feel better.  Wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes for tomorrow....but the surgery is postponed again due to my being so sick.  I woke up before 4:00 this morning and coughed and spit up crap until my ribs and throat ached from the effort.  With my little hoarse voice I called the surgeon's office this morning.  The nurse, Rikki, heard me and just said NO NO NO surgery for Janis tomorrow.  Damn, this is so frustrating, second postponement now.  It is rescheduled for a week from tomorrow, the 10th.  We can only hope.  Stay tuned.  :)

• Unknown
    edited November 2011
    Options

MostlySew,

Congrats! Your done, that is such a great feeling! So happy for you! Smile

• MostlySew
    edited November 2011
    Options

You guys are all so great. Thanks for the support. Even though I took an Ativan on the way to my last rads, there I was, on the table with tears running down my face (into my ears!). Too much emotion for me, but they understood. I'm so glad to join the after care group and just deal with issues going forward as needed. I even got to ring the loud bell in the office......quite satisfying. Everyone clapped.

Janice, hon, I think the 3rd time is going to be the charm for you! You obviously need time for your body to regroup before this next round of invasive procedures and it's making sure you do just that! So......get out the good books, put your feet up by the fire, order dinner brought in and take some pure healing days. Dr's orders. Meanwhile the rest of us will perfect who's bringing just what accoutrements to the pocket party we're gonna have with you on the 10th. This changing of days won't stop us at all.....we're all still attending. So, I'll bring the homemade scones and muffins.....anyone else got coffee? Music? Chocolate? you always need a bit of chocolate at a pocket party.....

• justmejanis
    edited November 2011
    Options

MostlySew...bless you sweet lady for your kind words and great advice.  I wish I had a fireplace, have had that edge of shill feeling all day.  Budget cuts require us to cut turn heat down and no ordering in.  Or out.  LOL.  I have not had a real good dinner in so long!  DH is wonderful but not much of a cook, though he tries.  Nothing wrong with my appetite at all, just missing a "real meal".  Soon I hope I regain all my strength and can cook something rich and meaty.  YUM.  No family here so we're kind of on our own!  If we still lived in Wyoming my dear friend Marcia would be bringing buckets of chicken tortilla soup over from my favorite Mexican restaurant.  She doesn't cook, but sure would pamper me!

I am so happy for you!  I can feel the emotiion you convey.  It is a strange feeling to be done, isn't it?  I just hope you can move onto the next chapter and return to some sort of norm.  I am still struggling to find that having had all these problems of late.  I know we'll find it soon.

Big big hugs....germ free of course!

• ann329
    ann329 Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2011
    Options

Janis - (((((soft hugs))))) and heartfelt well wishes.

Ann