Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Radiation recovery

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2013

Oh Kate (((hugs)))

Hearts&prayers are with you...we are with you standing guard. Hope your family will be able to come be with you too Take care ... You will receive excellent care...pocket buddies on high alert!

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2013

Hi Sab,

Everything is just so scary right now. Instead of a biopsy on my lungs they biopsied a lymph node in my pelvis. Does that mean I have cancer in the lymph nodes, I don't know.    On the plus side the ultrasound on my leg did not show a blood clot. The swelling came down a lot. I asked the lady who did the ultrasound if this ia a lot of swelling and she said it was slightly swollen. After the biopsy I went across the street to my urologist. He said I need surgery. I am at the hospital now waiting for a room. I am having surgery tomorrow to see how much of the tumor he can clean up, and he'll do a biopsy etc. As far as I know I will be in the hospital today, tomorrow, and Thursday. Thanks for thinking about me. Hugs, Kate

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited April 2013

We are with you Kate! 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Kate, Yes I am thinking about you and sending you hugs and positive thoughts. Make sure you get a hospital gown with pockets, or we'll all have to wait in the recovery room. ((((())))))

Bunkie, good luck tomorrow.  I hope you feel better and that your biopsy goes as smooth as silk!  And not that nubby raw silk either.  The smooth, slip between your fingers, hard to sew kind of silk.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Bunkie, woops, I think you said next Wednesday, not tomorrow.  Well it's never to early to start sending you good thoughts :-)

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2013

Kate,so sorry your having such problems.I think the hospital is the best place for you right now.I hope they find out what is going on with your leg too.I'll be praying for you.Hang in there.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

(((Kate))) Hang in there chica. We are there with you in those pockets! Keep us posted when you can and take it easy and let the fine doctors take good care of you! HUGS!!

• Andrea623
    Andrea623 Member Posts: 572
    edited April 2013

Oh Kate, hugs and prayers coming your way!!!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2013

Kate I am sorry to hear the recent events but at least you are in a safe place right now.  The cake balls will keep, I have plenty.  So I assume they didn't do the lung biopsy today?  Hopefully after the surgery you will have a treatment plan in place soon.  Will be in your pocket for the surgery tomorrow.  Hugs!

Bunkie sorry for the delay but we can wait another week!  :)

• adagio
    adagio Member Posts: 713
    edited April 2013

Good luck Kate - this is sure a difficult time for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited April 2013

Kate thinking about you tonight and hoping they will figure out what is going on with you and get things under control.  You have been through too much lately.  Hang in there, and know you have lots of us caring about you.  Hugs,  GiGi

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited April 2013

Hi Janis, SAB, Sew and all of you new ladies.  I have been a bit absent lately, but am checking back more frequently, since hearing about Kate's challenges.  Love to you all.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited April 2013

Gigil, it's good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well and are out and about enjoying life now. I'm actually doing quite well myself and really just hang out here to see if I can help any of the new gals, and to check in on us "pro's". Sort of like a graduating class ..lol. This whole thing with Kate is so confusing, I sure hope between the biopsy today and the surgery tomorrow they can figure out what's going on.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

Kate, I hope you are in your room and able to rest and maybe even get on line,
    What an ordeal it's been.  And so many mysteries.  I am hoping that this is all related to something treatable like an infection....I just want to see you getting better and moving away from this difficult time.  I would have been beyond upset if I had a day like you've had...
    Big hugs and wishes for a nights sleep...and a quick recovery from the surgical procedure.  I wish I were around the corner so I could spend time with you out of the pocket...
    meanwhile, we are tucked in and cozy...ready to give you the hugs, love and support you will need to get through this.
    We'll keep checking in on you!
    Love & gentle hugs,
    Joan

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

Sew, Yes, I did get to Westport CT to do the rocks demonstration for the 3rd graders.  It was hectic but fun.  They are so smart....We had a good time and I hear they are sending me thank you notes.
    I was pretty tired after that, and glad that I don't have to teach 3rd grade every day. 
    I am feeling the excitement for those of you who are finishing up rads within the next week.  Congrats...
    April, it is so cold here tonight, and tomorrow will be like today.  I had to park far from my building so I had a cold walk up the hill. I love my winter boots and clothes...so I'm OK with the cold.  I'll try to remember gloves tomorrow.
    Love & hugs

Joan

• queenkong
    queenkong Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013

Hi Brookside,

I went today and after a long wait (unusual), they RO advised that I get no no treatment today and they would check again on Thursday. They did the films for the boosts. 

Yes, wound care. Any ideas? I'm investigating now with the boob exposed, SS on the open area and a fan blowing on me. I'm going to try some more things tomorrow. Someone mentioned a saline soak on another thread. I'm trying to figure that out. 

What about diet? 

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Sew,

I am in the hospital. I had the ultrasound today, and a biopsy of a pelvic lymph node, and not a lung biopsy. When I left I went to my urologist across the street, becaue I was bleeding. I am having surgery Wednesday afternoon at 3:30. He will do a biopsy at the same time. No fun but I am hanging in there. Thanks so much for your support

• queenkong
    queenkong Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013

Catching up on posts! I missed so many, Thank you everyone.

Cindyl - Do I need a prscript for the Mepilex? I am adding Tender Wets to the list. Thank you Justme

MostlySew - I have sulfadene and am adding triamcinolone cream and clobetasol propionate to my list to be discussed. I have Calendula cream.

Aheadofthecurve <--new tag name for Annette

My RO gave me percocet but those make me feel itchy. I take them at night. I think the pain relief keeps me awake. I thought it would knock me out but no, like Lemon, I feel "perky". I'm afraid to take a sleeping pill too. I have some itching, mostly my nipple but the underside of the breast is so raw. 

katehudson - You are having quite a time of it to say the least. Please keep us updated. I am thinking of you. I'm thinking about cake balls too. 

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Sew, I love it that you got looped for your seder. HA HA I would have loved to seen it. Today has been a miserable day for me, but you made me laugh

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

OMG I wrote sew and I think Sab sent me the message about being looped on passover

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Joan thanks so much for your support. They biopsied my pelvic lymph node and not my lungs. Then I started bleeding when I went to the potty. I am in the hospital having surgery at 3#0 tomorrow afternoon

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

meant to say at3:30 Wed. afternoon``

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

April thanks so much for your support. I will email tomorrow night when I am back from surgery

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

rmlulu,

thanks so much for your support. You are a sweetheart

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Cindy, Thank you so much for your support

Sab my hospital gown will be full of pockets, and I am counting on you guys to fill them

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Andrea thanks so much for your support

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Janis,

It is 2:15 am and I am sitting in a hospital chair typing this to you, eating strawberry ice cream.Instead of a lung biopsy they did a biopsy of my pelvic lymph node. I am not understanding why, and my MO is out of town. My surgery start at 3:30 tomorrow. I don't know when I will be back from recovery. I think I will be on liquids only. Thurday please bring on the cake balls. Hugs, Kate 

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Thanks so much for your support Adagio

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Gigil Thank you so much for your support. You are a doll!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

(((Kate))) The cake balls and chardonnay are safe and waiting for you when you feel up to that party...but we are STILL in your pocket and we will be there with you at 3:30 today (6:30 EST so I will be home and able to send you good thoughts and not preoccupied with work) and just know that we are all truly here for you.

If you are scared at any time, post! Someone will be here to hold your hand. I even check this site at work (it is one of the few they don't block as I work in a state office and most message boards are blocked! I was shocked when I was able to get on this one) so I will check every few hours to see if you need me.

Just know that ANY of us could be going through this and you would be here. We care.