Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Radiation recovery

Comments

• VickieHall777
    VickieHall777 Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2013

Kate, I am glad you are done with this surgery and that the pain med is working. I am praying for good reports and release from the hospital soon.

Praying for all my other sisters as well.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2013

Hope your doing ok today Kate.

I'm not sure if I mentioned or not but 6 more whole breast Rads then I start my boosts(7)

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2013

Hi Joan and Vicki,

sURGERY IS OVER, PAIN IS GONE, yeah. i FIND OUT RESULTS tuesday. I am hopiNG TO BE OFF OF IVS TODAY, I still need the catheter.the catheter is a good color today.  i hate to be graphic, because yesterday ir wass already filled with blood and blood cluts. Going to take it esy todayI hope. I only had 4 hours of sleep. my doctor forgot to add an order for an ativan refill. I actually hope I get to stay here an extra day or two because of all of my anxiety. I feel better here and I feel safe. Looks like we can finally have the party tonight. Janis please roll out the cake balls amd I'll supply the wine. Hugs, kate

• VickieHall777
    edited April 2013

Kate, Stay where you feel safe! Sounds like a good plan to me.

• Annette47
    Annette47 Member Posts: 108
    edited April 2013

Kate - glad surgery went well and hope you have a smooth recovery with good results from the pathology.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2013

Kate I am glad this surgery is over and you can recover in a place you feel safe.  I am adding a new treat...I am going to make carrot cake with plenty of cream cheese frosting.  We'll have to go on a group walk!

Josie the end is in sight, yeah!  Nice you got out and walked a bit.  I know how good that feels.  We have two Golden Retrievers and try to walk them at least a mile every day.

Thinking of all of you ladies! 

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2013

So glad it's over and you're comfy.  I hope you will have another couple of days to rest and relax and be taken care of.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

Kate, you took a big step with this surgery...am sending positive thoughts and prayers for recovery and a good report.  I hope you get to stay and rest without further worry today.

Josie, so glad you are nearing the rads finish line.  It's a good feeling.  I found boosts to be uneventful...I got more color but not more damage.

Will check in later...

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Kate, glad it's done.  Rest and recover--I wish you refuah shleima, renewal of body and spirit.

Wow, Janis is out of control with her delicious baking and I have never been to such a delicious pocket party.  I'm sorry to be the killjoy here, but we all need some virtual exercise after gorging ourselves on her goodies.  I'm organizing a virtual run.  Just follow these guys:

• SAB
    edited April 2013

If you miss the first group of runners this morning this guy is taking a second group:

image alt="" width="212" height="238" />

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Oh my virtual runner didn't show up in that last post so I had to fire him and hire another trainer for us:

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

I see the first guy - thanks for giving a choice Tongue Out

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited April 2013

Kate good to hear from you. Hope you get some good rest today. SAB thanks for the incentives to exercise! Janis you are making me hungry! Glad I am part of this pocket party!

• aisha1
    aisha1 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2013

hi, my name is aisha i finished my radiation and i only have some headaches is this normal or something else. i pray for u kate,

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi April,

Today I found out that my bladder tumor is 12cm. OMG that is gigantic. My doctor removed it, but won't have the pathology report till Friday or Monday. I will find out about a treatment plan Tuesday when I see MY MO. I am a fighter I beat bc and I will beat this too

xoxo

Kate

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2013

Go get 'im, Kate!  First, rest and heal and unstress so you'll be in fighting shape on Tuesday!

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Josie thanks so much for your support.  i am glad that you only have 6 more and the boosts to go Hugs, Kate

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Hi Aisha.  I'm just popping in to say welcome, and congrats on finishing rads. I did not have headaches after rads, but I'm sure the ladies here will share with you if they did.  I do have headaches sometimes from stress, and rads are very stressful times, so I hope that they will go away now that you have come out the other side and can relax a bit.  As always, if you continue to have pain you should talk to your RO or MO!

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Kate, You are a fighter, we all know it.  I hope you get the best possible news from your MO, and of course we are all tagging along to your appointment!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2013

Hi y'all

Welcome aisha1 and Congrats on finishing RADs yippee! Happy Dancing for you:) since tomorrow will be my 1/2 point can't help with headaches but can send mind easing vibes your way...

Josie- bet your doggy is happy! Keep pressing you are almost there...yeah!

SAB- let's not choose the more the merrier:))) besides by the time we finish all these cake balls & wine we will need to be carried away!

Kate- congrats on your TURB! Speedy healing & fingers&toes crossed for path report. DH had bladder cancer...after TURB he stayed in hospital 4-5 days...foley bag had to be clear & had to walk so many laps on the floor...plus there's just some stuff that's easier if you stay there...dr will understand. Rest! Ha like you can do rest in the hospital but try (((hugs)))

Now where is my glass need to wash down yummy cake ball...Gigi Joan Janis Bunkie Josie BrooksideVT Vickie Annette April ... & more let's ramp up the music! Crack open the bubbly cheers:)))

Cindy

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Vickie,

Thanks so much for your support. YOU AND THE OTHER BC SISTER'S SUPPORT MEAN EVERYTHING TO ME.

• VickieHall777
    edited April 2013

You are very welcome, Kate. I am praying for good reports.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Annette,

Thanks so much for your support. It means everything to me

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Janis,

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite Yum. More scary news today, unfortunately. Yesterday my doctor removed my tumor and it was 12cm. OMG that is 12 inches, when my little breast tumor was 4mm. My urologist won't have the pathology report till Fri. Or Monday. I will find out my treatment plan Tuesday when I see my medical oncologist. Thanks for all your support and for baking a carrot cake xoxo Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Brookside thank you so much for your support. You are so sweet to think of me

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Joan Thank you so much for your support. Things are a little scarier. Please read the message I posted for Janis

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Sab, Thank you so much for your support. I can't wait for jANIS' carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I had more bad news today, but I am hanging in there. Please read the message I posted for Janis a little bit ago that describes the bad news

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Gigil,

Thanks so much for your support. Unfortunately I had more scary news today. Please scroll back to a message I left janis a little while ago. Thanks so much for your support. Hugs, Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Aisha,

Having headaches from Radiation is fairly common. Sorry that you are hurting. Thank you so much for your support. Hugs, Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2013

Hi Brooksie, Thank you so much for your support. I am a fighter so these doctors better wathch out. xoxo, Kate