Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited June 2013

What a beautiful band of sisters you are! I didn’t mean to dump a needy post on here and then disappear, but I’m afraid I got sucked into the party maelstrom. GiGiL, I loved your initial long post so much that I pasted it into a Word doc, and then I pasted everybody else’s advice too, so I could easily find it again. I’m a worrier too, and your advice to schedule the worry (if possible) sounds exactly like what my wise mom would say. Easier said than done, but worth the effort. No research at night—also really important. Exercise, dance, meditate, so true. Cindy, I loved your point that just getting ready for the party might be bringing out my emotions. That’s not necessarily a bad or wrong thing, since I have to deal with this sometime somehow. GiGiL’s mother said “Buck up!” whereas SAB’s daughter says “Let me feel it,” ie feel the sadness, and I think both things are correct. I’m sure a good therapist could help me figure out which is the right approach at which sorts of times.  I live in a very small town, with a bit of a therapist shortage, but I have one or two people I can try and perhaps I will. I am so grateful to hear that others have felt this fear and sadness, and that it does fade. I think helping others is a great way to process all that’s happened.

Sew, I do have the Anti-Cancer book and I’m about halfway through it. I’m always protective of my diet, but I will go back to the book and get out of it what I’m ready to use. I find it strangely comforting to think we all have cancer cells in us. It makes cancer feel less alien and hostile.  Mainegirl, the book I ordered recently is also called After Breast Cancer, but mine’s by Hester Hill Schnipper. It’s very good, though it might be upsetting for someone who hadn’t started to feel the sadness yet, and who had a relatively easy ride physically. The author’s point is that physical and emotional recovery problems are really normal, and she gives a lot of examples. She’s an oncology social worker married to an oncologist and a two-time survivor herself.

So, party report: It went fantastically well! We cleaned like fiends all week and up until 10 minutes before people arrived. (Funny, Brookside, that I assumed the all-nighter was the cleaning!) I can see floor space now that I haven’t seen in years. I feel so much less shame and weight when I walk through the rooms I worked in the hardest. There’s lots more to do, but the most horrifying areas that we really focused on are now so much better. So much serendipity happened. The weather has been poor and it’s gone downhill again today, but yesterday, just for me, it was PERFECTION.  Sunny, dry, warm but not hot, tiny breeze so no bugs—VERY rare for northern New England in June. Our new mower broke on Thursday (!) but we managed to get the landscaper to come and mow the very shaggy lawn just in time. My mom is better from her awful back trouble this winter, but then she’s been really sick with a vague virus the past couple of weeks. However, she got better a few days ago and was able to come to the party and be her wonderful social self. My brother came too. I was so happy for my mom and brother to meet so many of my friends.

Cindy, you were right: I wore the short, sleeveless, pale pink lace-flower shift dress, very Mad Men, that I got at the Loft when my mom and I went shopping my last day of rads. Only a perfect June day with no bugs would really make that dress work. It has no pockets but you were tucked in there somewhere! We had 51 people, nearly all good friends, yet only a tiny few had ever been inside because of our mess-shame. So silly but there it is. We’d made bunches of food and we got a cake that said “Thank You Helper Team,” or something like that. I did not make the badges I planned!  Everybody had a good time. It was a rite of passage on so many levels—done with active cancer treatment, done with particular clutter mountains and general humiliation about the house, trying to be done feeling like the awkward new girl who doesn’t have any friends (old baggage from moving a ton as a kid).  My After Breast Cancer book, and your advice too GiGiL, says this moment is a good time to reassess priorities and that’s what I’m trying to do.

One guest, the only BC sister at the party, diagnosed in November, gave me a pink Survivor bracelet.  Although it makes me superstitious to use that word, I put the bracelet on and now I don’t want to take it off!  Another friend had made a PowerPoint for me and lugged her laptop up the hill to my house so she could show it. She used the Survivor TV show music and logo and dozens of pictures of me that she got from my Facebook page, including really old ones way before she met me. I was delighted and made her show it again and again. Sally Field moment: “They like me! They really like me!” Then my sister and her boyfriend came just after the party ended (he had to work), and we all went out for Chinese food and had a great time. My mom’s fortune cookie was obviously meant for me. It says, “It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right.” Listen to the cookie!

I know more sad times are likely to come. I’ll have to ride them out and keep the happy times happy.  Meanwhile I’m so grateful for the support of this rich, life-affirming community.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited June 2013

RunFree, it sounds like your party was a rite of passage for your decluttered house, your community relations, your BC, your treatments, your emotions.  You've thrown open the windows and doors (literally and figuratively) and marked a moment in time where the past is the past and you moved, are moving, and will move, forward in all these areas.  Wow!  Now rest up and be very kind to yourself, because now that you've declared independence from all that was holding you back, the emotional stuff is probably just about to really wallop you.  And if it does, that's OK.  The physical and emotional exhaustion you no doubt feel will create an empty space for your emotions to run rampant, and for healing of various unpredictable (and possibly unrecognizable) types to kangaroo right in.  Healing is an amazingly whackadoodle process that may or may not bear any resemblance to our expectations. Wishing you peace and joy!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2013

Run Free, I'm tickled pink about your party, your progress, the day as a whole, and your Mom's recovered health.  That was surely a red letter day.  Good for you, and thanks for the report.....I felt great just reading about it.  Think I might have to go straighten up the table by my chair though, as your organized rooms sounded so enticing......Wink

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited June 2013

RunFree so glad your party turned out to be so enjoyable for you.  I had a feeling it would.  You inspire me to move on too.  Get the clutter and confusion out of my life and move on!!  I have my two year mammo and exam on Thursday.  I am gonna need a pocket party for that one.  I try to play it down, and I haven't been worrying, because it isn't time.  I've got a feeling I will be melting a half a xanax under my tongue on my way over there.  But you never know, God - my God, seems to give me great grace at times like that and I can get through them with all the strength and good cheer I need.  Results be hanged really!  It is what it is, and it is better to know.   After two years I am just plain sick of worrying about it.  I never thought my psyche would allow me to do that, but yeah, there it is.  I am just plain tired of worry.  It is a useless pass time.  All one can do is deal with what is, right?  

I saw my 29 year old niece today.  She is completely bald.  After she finished her chemo, her MO popped the surprise that she needs to do radiation - the full course  She is a IIb because of a large tumor and micromets in one lymph node.  I honestly feel the rads will protect her more than even the chemo, so I couldn't support the idea of her not having them.  So, off she goes back to Oklahoma (Moore - home of tornado alley) to start rads on Wednesday.  She hugged me so hard when we said goodbye, I felt all of her soul.  I wish I could somehow alleviate that girl's burden.  She has had a double MX and when this is all said and done she will have to have reconstruction.  I am really not sure she is getting the best medical care.  I can only pray.  I didn't even know they could do rads with spacers already in.  Anyone heard of that?  They are having her start the Tamoxifen right away too.  A lot for such a young woman to deal with.  

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited June 2013

Wow Brookside, so eloquent and so true.  In fact I was completely flattened today. Over 17000 steps on my Fitbit Friday, and 10,000 yesterday before the party even started, so probably about as many, explains the physical exhaustion.  The emotional stuff can't be far behind. Tomorrow, with my mind and house clean, I go back to my book. Sew and GiGi, thank you too.  My husband and I both felt as though it was a big deal for us to have this party.  We've been wanting for years to be more social, and our excuse is always about the house, although my mother keeps saying we shouldn't let that stop us.  Our friends were surprised yesterday to see that our house is not as shabby as we've always described it. I hope we can really turn the corner on this problem, practically and socially.

GiGi, how hard to watch your young niece go through such a rough ride.  And I noticed in going back through the last few days of posts that your appointment is coming up.  I hope you can stay peaceful right up to and past it.  I say call in the grace AND melt that half Xanax.  Belt and suspenders.

Kate, I'm thinking of you as well, with your short chemo tomorrow and your scans coming up. Your pockets will be bulging!  I'm thinking about your friend too.  I sure hope she's OK.

Josie, I found your situation with your young daughter so moving and familiar. My daughter is older, almost 16.  She's incredibly smart and verbal, just private and doesn't share her feelings readily.  She's a wonderful artist, so I've been looking to see if she's processing my BC in her art (as yours did so powerfully, SAB), but it hasn't been obvious yet.  I'm a talker, and it's hard when I can't get her to tell me what's on her mind. Sometimes I just have to sit with her and wait until she starts talking. She likes it when I hang out in the bathroom with her while she takes a shower.  That's a time when she's really open, and we have some of our best talks then, even though we can't see each other.  An old psychoanalysis trick, I guess. I also read a great piece of advice in a book--Queen Bees and Wannabes, maybe--to get in the habit of going out for hot chocolate (or whatever) once every week or two and just let her talk about whatever she wants, with nothing at stake. Just the habit creates a reliable conversational pathway, even if she squanders it usually. Sometimes it's not about planning something special, but about finding and keeping an easy, open channel in the middle of the ordinary. I haven't really done that hot chocolate routine, but I always have it in the back of my mind in case things get strained.

SAB, your situation with your daughter also reminds me of mine, but I know yours is on a very different level and for different reasons. I've been so irked with my girl because her grades have dropped this year.  She was a top student through middle school and her test scores are sky high.  Last year in 9th grade, she got all A's except one B, which was irritating because that B was just laziness on her part.  This year as a sophomore, she dropped to about half A's and half B's, and was often flirting with C's.  She doesn't hand everything in, or she forgets there's a quiz or test, or she doesn't understand something and doesn't get help--all stuff in her control.  It has bothered her, sometimes a lot, but it bothers me more and always.  I was a super motivated student and so was my husband, so we really don't get this. It started well before my diagnosis, so it isn't that, even if that's not helping. Two weeks ago as school was ending, she said, "As long as it's all A's and B's, that's pretty good." Uh oh.  I feel sure she'll get into a decent college, but she's already closed the door to the really great ones, and that's hard to watch when I know how smart she is.  I don't have it in me to go all Tiger Mother on her, even if it were guaranteed to work which it isn't and wouldn't.  I guess she just has different priorities at this time in her life.  As Brookside said, "If she could, she would."  Sigh.  I think the contract idea is a good one, and your daughter doesn't deny that there's a problem that needs dealing with.  Since you have experience with the 504 process (which I know very little about), I'm sure you have good skills at designing a plan that's sensitive to her realities and everyone's goals. I think allowing her to go on the trip is the right call. Kids! When they're not frustrating the heck out of you, they're breaking your heart. Also they're fantastic.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited June 2013

Gigil I'm so sorry your niece is going through the whole BC thing so young.Cancer knows no age I guess.

I have a young cousin(second cousin) that has had aggressive BC in her mid 20s also.She's doing ok now though I think.

My neighbor/friend stopped by this evening before we went to my MIL.She is a BC survivor too.She has survived it twice now.She's 74yrs old.I didn't want to be rude so I tried not to let on that we were about to leave before she came.She moved away about 2yrs ago and I really miss her.She had been our neighbor since we moved in in1992 .

Run Free I'm glad you had a great party.You worked so hard for it.Good luck with your 16yr old that's a hard age.Been there...done that...It gets better with time.At times you just want to shake them and say who are you and what have you done with my daughter.She gave me a real hard time and I trusted her way way to much.I will say no more about the subject because I've told too many about her problems we had with her and now I feel like even her own grandparents don't trust her to this day or I feel like I betrayed her by talking about it.I love her so much but we're not close like I thought we would be.

My headache just won't quite tonight so I'm probably going to bed with a headache too.

• gigil
    edited June 2013

Josie, and SAB I have been the full route with my kids.  I have three grown kids.  My oldest son was always very bright, and never had to study in school to get A's.  My second son never fails to amaze me with his musical abilities.  He is also a graphic artist.  He is his own person.  

My daughter is also very bright and didn't study very much in school and was on the B honor roll.  No matter how I tried to motivate her she didn't feel that getting A's was that important to her.  When she went to college, it took her 5 years to get her degree but she graduated with a very good grade point average.  She studied speech pathology and got a B.S., which doesn't yield much income at the bachelor's level.  She took graduate classes in special education and is very close to a Master's degree.  Meanwhile she got married and had two kids.  Her son, the oldest is the guy with SMA.  She is such an amazing mom to him.  If God could have picked out just the right parents for him it would have been my DD and SIL.  She researches everything and is on top of all of the things that need to be done to give him the best lifestyle possible.  When she was a kid she was unmotivated and passive.  As an adult she is amazing and inspires so much admiration in me.  I am so very proud of her.  

I am proud of both of my sons too.  They both are at the top of their games, and are both amazing dads.  All the trouble spots along the way didn't turn out to be problems when they became adults.  I worried so much about those kids and now they all make me very proud.  If I were up to my butt in trouble, I would want those three in my corner - brains, integrity, kindness, fairness.  I feel very fortunate they all grew up and were okay.  

My oldest son as a very young adult was a real piece of work.  I never gave up on him.  I don't think he has any idea the prayers I said for him.  I now pray for my daughter to have the strength to carry on with her busy life, and the second son is now expecting a baby at the age of 42.  Older mommy presents more worry for them.  They haven't gotten the all clear on the growing baby yet.  Challenges continue, don't they?

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

It pains me so much to read of the parenting challenges that so many of us are facing, but comforts me too to know that we are not alone!  I will tell you that I had a moment of peace today, with my two daughters, both of whom seem to be taking the winding road instead of the straight path.  We were kayaking down a long slough and the girls, who love to race ahead, slowed down and pulled up beside dh and I.  They grabbed on to our kayaks to form a family raft and we all drifted along together.  I just relaxed and let the current take us, and wished that we could do that in life as well!  I must get maudlin when I'm tired :-) it has been a long but lovely day.

Josie, no judgement on this thread.  Especially since it sounds like many of us have seen the best and worst our kids have to offer.  Of course you love her!  And closeness is different things for different people and can come in its own time.  

Runfree, that's great about the party.  I often think I entertain only so that the house will get picked up!  Anyway, I hope that this is just a speedbump with your daughter. She is probably focusing on other things, like social stuff or you, and will find her way back.  I think you can help her do that gently, without going dragon mom on her! 

Gigi, it's so helpful that you are there to care and guide your niece through this. I'm sure it is a great comfort to her.

Brookside, as usual you get to the crux of the biscuit (we were playing phrases this weekend.)  

Kate, I'm hoping for good news tomorrow after your scans!  I hope your leg is still feeling better and continues to improve.

Joan, I know it's hard to keep up with everyone on the thread.  I was away for 24 hours, and I'm sure that I've missed a bunch in my reading! 

Sew, I hope that you and your family are doing ok, I have been thinking about you.

Well, I'm going on 18 hours for the day with nearly 6 of them in the car and it's time for me to swallow some Advil and drag my poor tired bones to bed. Sweet dreams!

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Oh, Gigi I almost forgot your pocket party!  We need a theme.  I think we should do an Iron Chef pocket party for you.  What secret ingredient would you like us to incorporate in our dishes?

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

Hi, thanks for the kind comments...
    I am doing a lot better.  I had 3 of my kids and my grandson who i raised here this week end at various times...and 4 of my grandkids.  I am tired...had pain in my left back tonight...scary...I fell asleep and now it's better so I am up late...

Runfree, what a wonderful party...it sounds better than you could have planned it. 
    Daughters...if you just ride it out...they change...we change...I made so many mistakes and they accept it now.  And I accept them...and it is all good.   
    Parenting...I used to counsel new moms and I always said 'it's like swimming in the ocean...if you try to swim against the current, you will exhaust yourself...just go with the waves and let them carry you..."
    It applies to young adults as well.

Janis, I know how hard it is for you to be far from family members.  Wish you could find a way to see them all soon.

Wishing a good week ahead.
    J

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2013

Just a quick Good Morning to you, Kate.  Just a few more hours and you and your Princess Warrior Coat will be on a two-week chemo vacation/birthday celebration.  Yay! Hoping your MO has lots of good news for you.  Here's to the amazing shrinking leg!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2013

Happy Monday y'all!

Kate - We are in your pockets getting ready for your short chemo day...let see...princess warrior coat on...humm...RunFree is the disco ball still spinning at your house! Cakeballs:)

RunFree - Wow, what a cathartic party!  Giving thanks...family, collegues, friends, neighbors!  Now you have refrigerator friends...:) thats what I call my gang of 20 (we meet at each others home each week and play) that come and go and have full access to my home...even when we arent here...luv them dearly:)  Like the pretty summer dress...girlie girl runner!

SAB - Iron Chef cook off what a challenge...too much time in the car...what were you watching on your pad? but sounds yummy...and we are up for the challenge:D

GiGil - Be kind and fun on those ingredients!  In your pocket for mamo!  Yes, our kiddos grow up and surprise us...mostly they remind us of us...does your niece visit the thread for 2013 Summer Rads?  Glad you are there for her:) but so sorry that she is on this journey too:(

Brookside - such words of wisdom and insight!  Right on the nail...Dr is in leave a nickle, Charlie Brown:)

Janis - it is hard being away from family...mine is in CA which is why I did medical there, but I love TX Hill Country and TX hopsitality:) Yeah, yard sale and $$$ now you have ticket money for a visit!

Josie - Daughters!  What can we say -we were all once daughters :(:)  I know I was a challenge, but did pretty much tow the line...afterall they were paying!  I think my mom was ....until I reached mid20s then she got smarter as I raised a family, worked, and life became real and not a happy everafter story...friends ...and then we changed roles...caregiver...life!Just love her for her and remember how you would have wanted your mom to treat you...RESPECT...but it goes both ways!  And TRUST is earned:)  DQ and Forever21 please! or Resale Royalty!!!

Joan - you are the grammie with the mostest hostess!  Im still in my pjs ready for those happy face pancakes!  Sorry about the bone pain...ugh AIs  Hope you have a great week and your summertime schedule affords some FUN!

Bunkie, Mac, Sew, Susan, Gemini, April, and y'all...time to get the pockets loaded with cake balls and wine and some surprises...:)

Kate lets get ready to kick off Bday acitivites...I went shopping yesterday...hubby insisted...hope I am done I would rather do a fun trip somewhere cool and beachie than shop.  My love language is time not gifts:)

Okay, back to the disco ball and cake yum!

(((hugs)))

Cindy

• rmlulu
    edited June 2013

Hey y'all

Forgot to share...Livestrong website offers a link for a online exercise class Thursday 6/27 6:30-8 central time. Thought it might be fun to think of us all doing yoga together online ha! Importance of physical activity for cancer survivors.

Anyway I'm game.

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2013

What a great idea, Rmlulu, I can find Livestrong, but I can't find the link to the class.  Do you have the www. stuff?

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited June 2013

Runfree, I am glad your party was enjoyable.

Gigil your niece going through bc, chemo, and radiation at such a young age breaks my heart. I pray she does well on radiation

Cindy, Bring on the bday celebrations right after my chemo treatment today. Wahoo let the parties begin.

I didn't get to see Gatsby yesterday because they were sold out. We were so surprised because its been out for a while. We went to see the Bling Ring instead. Not much of a story, but it was interesting for us because we are in southern California. We are going to see Gatsby one night this week.

Tracy, my friend, will have to get another steroid injection this week, and God forbid if that doesn't work she will have to do surgery. I am praying that the steroid injection will work, because she is a surgeon I am concerned about surgery on her arm. I think with the injection, and if she stays away from yoga and surfing for a good while she will be ok. Not doing yoga or surfing will be a hardship for hr, because she normally goes to yoga 5 days a week after work.

I am at chemo right now. I just had my blood draw and my treatment will start in about 45 minutes. The treatment is only about 35 minutes. 5 minutes of anti nausea meds and 30 minutes of chemo. Then late this afternoon I have an appointment with my MO. I did not have the CT scans yet, so I won't be getting results today. Today he is going to schedule my CT scans and also an appointment to see my urologist. I will let you know when I am doing those. I am hoping for this week. My leg continues to improve THANK GOD, THANK GOD, THANK GOD, so I expect to hear some good news from the ct scans. Because my leg is improving I know the chemo is working on my cancerous pelvic lymph node cells, but I don't know if it is working on my cancerous lung cells.

My birthday is in 8 days, and so far I have 4 birthday activities planned. Gatsby and dinner and drinks with my friend this week. Next week PF Changs with Kelly on my birthday. A shopping extravaganza two days after my birthday. Malibu happy hours and dinner on the Friday after my birthday, and who knows maybe some more parties or fun after that. Bring them on I am ready for fun, fun, and more fun. Thank God I have the week off of chemo for my birthday week so I will feel good.

Janis I hope your medical appointment goes well today and we can share our pocket party with you lemon cake balls and the wine I will bring

xoxo,

Kate

• rmlulu
    edited June 2013

Yippee Kate! Ooo whoo...great chemo attitude princess warrior...may the hour go fast and appoints all be good....4 days of Bday celebration :))) go girl!

Brookside - the link is: http://lvstr.ng/juneclass. Austin tv announced so...cancer.navigation@livestrong.org. Would be fun:)

Lawn service is here I can't hear myself think...hubby has the car...when he returns off to the gym:)

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

My infusion just started. Injection in my hand this time, because my other veins are getting bad, so it burns a little. Still trying to use my arms and hands, because I am praying I don't have to do a port. They took me a little earlier, so I should ge done a little earlier YEAH. Then I am ready for lemon cake balls and wine

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2013

Kate....I'm in on the party, if everyone doesn't mind a very sweaty body...I decided to dig up the agapanthus bed this morning which I've been wanting to do for 10 years.  It's now 80 degrees out there, and I still have to put plants back in....and the sun is almost on the bed.  What ever convinced me to do this is beyond me!  The work is just about beyond me too....  Good luck with your MO appt this afternoon, and while my nails won't be done for this party, I do think I'll shower again before attending!

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

(((Kate)))  you should be done by now...enjoy the after party then get some rest.
    I''m with you on the birthday cake....my fave is vanilla sponge cake with chocolate filling and gooey buttercream with squisy flowers.  Ahhh maybe I'll pretend it's my BD...

Am at work and have one more project to do before all my duties are "optional"...
    Am using these hours against coming back Aug. 15th...will try to accumulate 35 random hours so I can return 8/22 instead.

Will check in later.

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Sew, Try and stay cool and don't overdo.

Joan, more time off for you will be great. You work so hard as it is.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I am home from chemo and feeling ok. In about 45 minutes I am going to my MO appointment. I will probably have CT scans and an appointment with my urologist this week. Those are a breeze in comparison to chemo. I don't have to be back to chemo for 14 days. So another Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Bring on the parties. I am ready to dance in my magic princess coat, and ready for wine, and lemon cake balls and fun fun fun!

Janis let us know when you are done with your medical appointment today, so we can start our pocket party.

OMG I am so happy that I don't have to go back to chemo for 14 days.

xoxo,

Kate

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2013

Yay, Kate, and Janis, I did remember your appointment today.  Consider me partying with you.  As I'm on a diet, I'll have to skip the cake balls and double up on the wine.

RMlulu, I still can't get that site to show anything past June 14.  Maybe when I get home I'll have time to fool around with it.

Joan, certainly hope you get the later return date.  I miss summer vacation! 

April, wondering how you and the kitty and the nonsmoking are doing.

Hi to everyone I missed!

• gigil
    edited June 2013

Iron Chef pocket party?  The secret ingredient is avocado!!  Yum!!  My favorite.  And of course margaritas to drink!!  Golden Margaritas made with the very best tequila.  I can only handle one, but they are tasty!!  

Kate, glad your chemo is over for today!!  Woo Hoo!!  Waiting to hear what your MO has to say.

I went golfing with my DH and Dad today.  It is Dad's 85th birthday today and he golfed 9 holes.  He was elated, because he wasn't sure he could do that any more.  He is downstairs taking a nap in the cushiest recliner chair that we have, happy as he can be.  We are taking him out for dinner later.  DH is still golfing.  9 more holes from him.  I wrenched my rads side shoulder a couple of days ago on the endgate of my car.  I hit some balls today, but it got tender, so I decided to baby it.  I really need to get back to the qigong and yoga.  I am all in for the online yoga.  It felt good being out on the course today with perfect weather and a soft breeze and making my dear old dad happy.  

Birthdays for Kate and Cindy coming up, as well as my SIL and GD.  I imagine I will be helping with a little girl party soon.  That is always fun.  I think it will be a pool party.  

Nope, it isn't time to worry yet.  Not gonna break my deal with myself and worry about Thursday too soon.  Too much else to think about and do.  

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Gigil, Happy birthday to your dad. So glad he is having a nice day. Sorry that you are having trouble with your shoulder. I must have missed something, because I don't know why you have worry on Thursday.

Janis waiting for you to start our pocket party

xoxo,

Kate

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited June 2013

RunFree - That party sounds great. Especially with the house being so clean. I think that is what is missing from my life here in Mi. Having people around does cheer you up. Now you can crash and rest and go back to being your every day self. Don't worry about a break down. I am doing that for you it seems.

Sew - I dug up some plants last year and moved them in the heat. Almost passed out. This year I paid my handyman to do stuff and I just pointed. Reminds me of my mom. She loved telling people what to do. Haha.

Kate - So glad you are doing better. That leg is a big help with the walking I am sure. I think I will go to PF Changs for your birthday. The one here is not as good as the ones out there but they do have a gluten free menu and I am trying to do more of that. In the meantime I ordered a My Grandmothers coffee cake from QVC. Chocolate, coconut, walnut. Yum. It should be here for your birthday.  

I don't know who mentioned Yoga but I found a tape called Yoga in Bed. Maybe I should start there. I am way to tight to do any more than that. Just finished 4 weeks of PT to make my legs stronger. I need about 6 mos. I did find out if I can get my PT at a qualified hospital center there is no limit. I am searching now. I liked my therapist at the other place but he had no interest in getting me more time.

I have been battling some medical stuff and not on here much but will be checking in when I can. It took the migraine 6 days to go away. I really don't want it back and I know it was from me being all tired and worried about this darned basement and rain issues. I kept waking up during the storms and night and could not go back to sleep. When I finally list this money pit and sell I want all of you to be here helping me pack with cake balls!!! This is way too much stress for a normal person...but I am not normal.

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Bunkie sorry about your migraines and other medical issues. Hoping you will feel better soon. Yes we will help you pack. You need to get rid of that headache

We will both be at PF Changs on my birthday, and sorry it won't be in the same city.

XoXo,

Kate

• gigil
    edited June 2013

Kate 2 yr mammo and meeting with breast surgeon.  Everything seems fine, but we all get a little nervous, right?

• rmlulu
    edited June 2013

Kate - yippee! No more chemo for 2 weeks! Best part your chemo s working and leg is shrinking...Ooo whoo:).

We are in your pockets ready for the disco ball to light up...

We're trying real hard to be still during your scans...

Bunkie, Joan...stop giggling...somebody give Janis a towel she's dripping wet...GiGil can't you wait...too soon for avocado dip...Sew come set these girls right...party:)

• rmlulu
    edited June 2013

GiGil - no worry zone! Don't get ahead of yourself...one party at a time.

We will be there Wednesday to keep you busy and in your pockets Thursday!

Squeeze your stress ball go hug a grand babe and grab your hubby...

Yeah, we all get nervous...but we're standing with you...avocado all over our faces...slurp...:)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Sending calm confident thoughts...ooommmm so hum!

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Gigi, One of my favorite ingredients! Well I know I should bring guacamole and chips to your pocket party but that's so expected!  Since it's an iron chef pocket party I will bring California avocado cupcakes with key lime buttercream frosting (from the CA avocado growers web site) and a side of some creamy avocado ice cream with sugared tortilla strips.

Joan, I forgot to tell you how much I like your new picture!

Go Kate!  Another one down.

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Yes Gigil we do get nervous at every mammo, but you will pass with flying colors. Because I had a pet scan and my breasts  were fine I don't have to do mammos for awhile.

Cindy I am at the MO's office now. Got here 20 minutes early. Not good because he is always an hour late. Should know the date of my ct scans and urology appointment today. Right after I leave here I am ready for margaritas and avocado dip.

Can't wait for your birthday celebration on Sunday and mine the Tuesday after

xoxo