Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited November 2013

Good afternoon everyone.Just wanted to share the good news I had my first mammogram since the BC and it was pretty scared and I almost found myself ready to cry afterwards while waiting.I had that area of concern in my BC breast  it was a lump I thought I felt but they ultrasounds it and the the doctor that actually did my biopsy came in to see if I could show her.It didn't show up on ultrasound  and I can't really feel it laying down.So of course She didn't see anything or feel it she said everything was good.But the lump is there when I stand up.I guess it's my Breast.It's not round but long and I will see the RO soon.What a relief that everything was good.I felt like celebrating or treating myself afterwards so I stopped for ice cream on the way home and I going to make the homemade fudge sauce .I'm having a bowl of potatoes soup with a few extras on top like bacon bits and shredded cheese.I know it must be the stress that's making me crave the carbs and sugar.Oh well counting down till the weight watchers books come in the mail.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2013

Josie - yippee! HappyDancing :) yes, party with some comfort foods! Is your lump/bump scar tissue? LE?

Well done...now celebrate... CakeBalls Please! get all those applications in...new position is in order for 2014! Very happy for you

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Off to fill another box...next week house empty...oh yeah cleaning...

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Thanks Cindy, I'm thrilled.And as far as the lump it is at the top of my Breast Not anywhere the nipple or side where scar is.But it's funny you mention LE my Breast was more swollen around the side of the surgery lymph node removal ed y on Friday and I think part of it had to do with me carrying that umbrella over our heads during that wet Halloween.Of course this lump has been there for a while and yet no one can seem to feel it.It disappears when I lay down.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited November 2013

Congrats Josie!!! I know you feel better about it all now. Cake balls for sure.

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Thanks BUNKIE!!

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2013

Sew, Sab, and Brookside thank you for the support. Sew maybe you can come to LA when Sab comes. Sab I am looking forward to meeting you. Sew cuddling up under your quilt sounds so cozy, enjoy.

Brookside my MO is totally booked up. I am on a waiting list. In the meantime I am seeing the urologist, oncologist surgeon Thursday

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Josie, so sorry I missed your post. I just discovered it. I am so very glad your mammo was negative. I'll whip up margaritas and chips for you tomorrow night

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited November 2013

No big discoveries from my derm follow-up today. The doctor wants me to stay on Bactrim because it's working. It's working probably because it has anti-inflammatory properties, not because it's an antibiotic. He also wants to go through a topical treatment for scabies, and he told me a couple of stories of people who appeared to have really exotic skin things that turned out to be scabies, after a lot of fuss and bother. He did test me for scabies the first time I saw him, but he said the mites can hide. However, he acknowledged that the odds I have scabies are lower if I haven't had itchy nipples. No thank you! Apparently the topical treatment is used once, then once again a week later, I think, but he didn't explain it well. I will ask the pharmacist. I asked him about hydroxyzine, and he said that would be good and told me how much he was going to prescribe, but according to my printout, he didn't actually push through the prescription. However, to me that's an attempt to handle the itching that I assume would return if I stopped Bactrim. I can't see the point of taking it when the Bactrim is controlling the itch.

I also asked what it meant that my lymphocytes are so low. He said that automated cell counts are not very reliable, and if I really wanted an accurate count I'd have to ask for it to be done manually. Then he said, "Are you concerned about HIV?" Eegads! Apparently HIV is a virus that can crash lymphocytes and cause an itchy rash. I said no, I'm concerned about leukemia. He said he's never in his career seen leukemia that only had low lymphocytes. Instead, the total WBC would be sky high. Phew. What about lymphoma? No, because the pathologist didn't mention atypical lymphocyte cells in discussing my biopsy. And also, I "don't look like someone with lymphoma." But then he said if I'm redoing the blood work, I should throw in an HIV test, just so we can rule it out. Dude, I can rule it out. Been with the same choir boy for 26 years, never had a transfusion. I am going to try to set up a call with my PCP to discuss this.

It turns out I was only approved for 6 derm visits from my original referral, and I only have one more. But I assume I can get the referral renewed if I need to. My next visit is December 4. If the scabies Rx works, I can stop the Bactrim, but otherwise I am to keep it going for another month. I'm having some diarrhea so this isn't really great news, but otherwise it's not that bad.

I should hear soon about my clotting factors and my celiac test. I am very glad to have his sunny take on the leukemia and lymphoma question. But I remain, as he says, a puzzle. He does not seem inclined to try a Tamoxifen vacation. I will write to my MO and see what she says.

• BUNKIE10
    edited November 2013

Runfree - My Celiac test was negative and I was really dissappointed. Not because I wanted to have another disease but it would explain things. Both my biopsy and my blood test were negative. He did say I could have a bit of a wheat sensitivity that could mess with my stomach. It did register in my bloodwork. It will be interesting to see if it really is scabies after all this time. I can not imagine you being on Bactrim forever. How long do they think it will be needed?

• RunFree16
    edited November 2013

Bunkie, I know what you mean. Sometimes an unwelcome answer is better than no answer. My derm is sort of present-minded. He wants me to stay on Bactrim because it's working, and he's not really looking at the big picture. I'm going to try to reach my MO as well as my PCP. I'll try the scabies remedy, but if, after two doses (a week apart), there's no change, I will really want another solution. Maybe at that point I'd call and ask again for the hydroxyzine Rx and try to wean myself off Bactrim and onto that. I'd rather stay on Tamoxifen and take a low-dose tranq every night than have to go off Tamoxifen or stay on Bactrim. However, I'm also prepared to take a Tamoxifen vacation as a diagnostic tool.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

My MO's NP called me today, and doc is working me into his schedule Fri., so I won't have to wait till Nov.15. So I have two important doctor appointments tomorrow and Friday. Tomorrow is my appointment with the surgeon. I am stressed about both appointments, because I don't want to hear bad news. If the surgeon doesn't think I should have surgery that is bad news. If doc thinks that the the only treatment for my swollen leg is chemo that will be bad news too.

Runfree I am glad you got to see the derm today.

• josie123
    edited November 2013

RunFree, sorry they still haven't found the reason for your rash/ itching.The txt for scabies used to be Kwell ointment at least that's what they prescribed for me when I had it as a kid.It is very toxic I hope they have come up with a less toxic tx.

I do remember using it nightly for like 5 nights .Don't remember much else except the side effects of possibly causing neurological effects.I was pretty freaked out about that but itches so bad and was more freaked out about having tiny microscopic bugs living in the layers of my skin..

Glad to hear he doesn't think its leukemia.But Aids?? Really??

Have you been taking any probiotics?

Kate, thanks for the Margaritas? I hope they were frozen strawberry.

SillyHeart

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2013

I'm so very, very glad leukemia and lymphoma are ruled out, RunFree.  What a relief!  Those, of course, are the biggest, scariest goblins lurking in deepest, darkest closet.  Not so happy, of course, that you still don't have any real answers, and the scabies thing is a just-in-case, highly unlikely shot in the blankety blank dark. (So happy, however, that your nipples don't itch!)  Speaking of itch, is it still spreading?   About this present moment attidude: Did you get the impression that mysterious skin things just sort of happen and they patiently follow them along, trying various things, and just basking in the present moment as they trust the thing will run its course and then fizzle out?  Are you fizzling? That last question referred to your rash, not you--no people fizzling allowed!  Did you ask him if he had consulted with anyone?  Or would consider doing so?

Thank goodness your MO found time on Friday, Kate, and you'll have some clarification before the weekend.  Even if there is some bad news, there will certainly be good as well (such as that there is a way to shrink that naughty, naughty lymph node).  And best wishes for good luck with the robot guy today.  Do you know why robots are superior to mere mortals when it comes to bladder surgery?

Cindy, will you have a nice, quiet weekend, or spend it schlepping more stuff from point A to point B?

• rmlulu
    edited November 2013

Kate - whew! We've just finished steaming and restocking...added a few more girlie girl blings...so arm up in your princess warrior coat and take a gentle twirl...yes, a soft easy spin...it's early and a few of us still are sleepy, but the warm cakeballs smell yummy fresh squeezed juice and Mandesa singing you are an Overcomer...stay in the fight warrior...we are in your pockets...with love, confidence and strength! Ready for today and tomorrow!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Brookside and Cindy thanks so much for the support.

Brookside I don't know all of the pros regarding robotic surgery. One thing I know is that supposedly it causes less pain. If the surgeon I see today is recommending robotic surgery for me I will ask him all of the pros and cons.

Cindy your posts always make me feel so good. I will wear the princess warrior coat today and tomorrow, so I can feel all the love, while I continue to kick cancer in the butt.

• BUNKIE10
    edited November 2013

Well....after 3 long months of trying to stay at the lower dose of steroid I gave in. Today I could not get my eyes to open for about 10 minutes. They kept twitching. I had a tooth ache/sinus not sure. When I finally got some drops in my eyes and tried to sit up I had all this pain in my body. Wanted to cry. Finally got it together and got out of bed. Felt weak and dizzy. Grabbing on to things with my cane I made it to the bathroom. The cold weather is upon us and usually I can feel it but this was different. I managed to do the necessary things and got some cereal. When I went to take my meds I did not cut up that last 1mg pill to make it .5. I just took it. Tired of the fight. Tired of not being able to get any DRs to help me with the withdrawl. Tired of being so fatigued. I am in bed and will be all day but tomorrow is another day. Might go back down if I feel better. Might not. We will see. One day at a time. I know my body is all ticked off and told me so.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2013

Hi ladies. As always I am so far behind here it would be nearly impossible to catch up. I am doing my best to read all the previous pages. You have been a busy bunch and all have a lot on your plates right now. You are all warriors in my opinion. I love how this group is always here to cheer the others on.

I had my 6 month mammo last week. Since my scar has changed they just wanted to keep a closer eye on it. The radiologist came right out to tell me the test was normal. I love that they don't make cancer patients wait the normal time. She told me right away so I was relieved to hear the good news. I do have to go back in April for my regular mammo then hopefully I will be going annually after that. My MO took me off of Arimidex for 2 months. He still wants to isolate the cause and if it is Arimidex he will switch me to something different. So, until the first of the year I am off that. I am not to go back on Arimidex without talking to him first. If my joint pain is improved then I may just be joining the Tami group.

I had a mole removed from my back last week. I get the sutures out on Monday. The dermatologist said it was suspicious looking and he just feels better having it removed. I should get the biopsy results any day now. Negative is a good word!

Sew what is up with your strange blood tests? Seems like you are giving your doctor a reason to scratch his head in wonder! I certainly hope everything returns to normal. I also have a hiatal hernia and still have heartburn and reflux so badly. I am supposed to take Protonix with Prilosec but my insurance won 't cover both. I just use the Protonix for now but alone it doesn't help as much as I would like. I hope yours is easily controlled my friend.

Josie, you have been through so much with work and family drama. Hang in there, it takes time as you know. I hope you can find a happy place to go once in awhile to decompress. :)

Sab the job does sound challenging, but I am sure you are up to it. Keep that positive attitude, you can do anything!

RunFree that rash has to have you at wit's end by now! I hope they can figure out what is going on and soon . I know this is very frustrating. Hoping your days ahead are much better.

Bunkie.....you certainly have had more than your fair share of struggles. Trips to the ER and all the tests still can't find the source of the problems. Answers can be so damn elusive. Please take good care.

Brookside, I am happy to see you here! I am glad that you are doing well. I know one day everyone here will be back to normal and living life with joy.

Kate you have had as long miserable run with all the issues you have had to deal with. You have been very brave but please know you are human and therefore vulnerable. You do not sit around feeling sorry for yourself. If you have a bad day, so be it. I know you will always move on and deal with this illness with style and grace. You are stronger than you know! Sending you hugs of comfort and encouragement. I know you are probably scared, but also know you are brave as well.

Cindy good luck with all the moving and packing and relocating. That is a lot of work, but you are a pro by now!

Love and hugs to all my friends!

Oh by the way, I was down for sometime with a virus, but my Mojo is finally returning. Cake balls are ready to go. Enjoy them! :)

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Sew, I'm so happy to hear from you.Sorry to hear you had to have that mole removed .I'm sure it will be fine.Thanks for your reassurance it really means a lot.

Kate, how was your Doctors appointment?What did they say?

BUNKIE, I want you to know how proud we all are you you for trying so hard to get off those Steroids.Don't beat yourself up.You had no support from your doc's.

It's ok to give into your body.You didn't fail.You just proved to yourself you could do it.That took a lot of courage.Sending you lots of hugs sweetie.

• rmlulu
    edited November 2013

(((Group Hug)))

Bunkie - hope you are feeling better soon...and the 1mg pill eases your suffering and brings relief. Tomorrow is another day...and we are here for you.

Janis - congrats on the 6 mo mammo gram results Ooo who :) IWW, what are bodies and minds have and are going through ...hang tough! Mojo burning....:)

RunFree - they are going to publish a book about mystery rash...ugh. Glad you've gotten the all clear on some yucky ugly stuff we don't even want to voice...

Brookside - no frazzled people...house is packed...final push Monday night...Tuesday movers...Hotel...Wednesday closing, moving in, dinner with friends...Thursday Bday bash with gals at the lake...hubby is concern if there is a hiccup...I'm going to the party anyway....Sunday return early to CA. Fingers&toes crossed for schedule to hold :) life yippee!

Kate - warrior princess your pockets are full...and we've got you covered in love :)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• RunFree16
    edited November 2013

Kate, I'm hoping for good news when you report to us today, and tomorrow too. Of course we're all here for you in any case. My friend had robotic surgery for uterine cancer and she said it was great, quick recovery. That's what I hope for you.

Bunkie, as Cindy said, you didn't fail. You gave it a really good test, and you learned your body's limits, at least for now. Do you still plan to go get that enzyme test to see if that kind of chemo would work for you? I hope you feel better now than you did this morning. That sounded intolerable.

Janis, YAY for clean mammo!!! That is fabulous news. Thanks for your good wishes. Sew, you asked a while back if I could take Arimidex if it is the Tamoxifen that is causing the rash. So far the answer is no. I wasn't menopausal yet when I started all this, and I've now missed or been late a couple of times but probably from the Tami. Josie, I haven't picked up the scabies Rx yet but now I'm alarmed! I hope it's not anywhere near as toxic as it was when you took it. Yikes!!!

Also, I am not taking probiotic capsules or anything, but I am eating 6-8 oz. of Activia yogurt every day, at least 2 hours apart from my Bactrim. I don't know if that's officially enough--anybody know if that's actually helpful or just a drop in the bucket?

Brookside, good question about whether the rash is spreading or fizzling. The derm asked me that too. The answer is, I am pretty sure I haven't gotten any new spots since I went back on Bactrim. And the rash has retreated, many of the spots have healed, the formerly raised pink areas are now flat and the color of my regular pale self, and best of all, I am hardly scratching at all. Sometimes I'll have a round of itching at night, but it is pretty lazy low-beam stuff compared to the manic itching before. All that even though I've scaled way back on the Triamcinolone, only using it once a day and sparingly. It would all be very encouraging if I were doing it without a wide-spectrum antibiotic. Also Brookside, I think derms have people they just routinely follow, who come in once a month or whatever, and even though he hasn't gotten to the bottom of my situation, he's kind of put me in that circular file. I got him to answer all the questions I went in with, but just after I left, I realized I had a lot of new questions--above call, can I come back in two weeks, not a month, so if the scabies remedy doesn't work we can do the next thing right away? I will get in touch and try to make that happen anyway. At least I'm not miserable anymore.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2013

So nice to hear from you, Janis, and that your mammo was boringly normal.  I sure hope that spot on your back was just a spot, and that the ai break has you dancing a jig within a couple of weeks.

RunFree, it sounds as though that rash might be running its course--I hope, you hope, we hope.  Also hoping that this thing self destructs before you become a regular at the derm's office.  Meanwhile, just not being miserable is a huge victory.

Bunkie, you're so strong,  You too, Kate.  I sure hope your appointment went well.

• josie123
    edited November 2013

RunFree, I'm not sure if Activia helps or not but it certainly can't hurt.It's yummy too!! May I ask where on your legs is the rash? Mine was mostly the backs of my legs.Also my hands and fingers itches and broke out in blisters.Sorry if I freaked you out about the meds.What did they prescribe for you?  Sorry, didn't mean to be so nosey.Scared

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2013

Janis, Janis, Janis there you are! Glad you've popped in for a while! A pox on all insurance policies who won't pay for all the meds we need. I must say though, if you're getting full reflux you really must NOT let that continue. If it continues for a long time, you end up with this Barrett's stuff, and if that develops in to cancer (it's really just a pre-cancer thing to start with) then your recovery chances aren't at all good. So.....my potential remedy for you would be to try organic apple cider vinegar. Probably 1 to 2 tablespoons a day should help considerably. Mix it in water or any other drink like apple juice and chug it down. I found it definitely helped with my coughing but burned my throat so I worried about that. It's way cheaper than trying to get more meds from an insurance company. Myself, I'm still waiting for results of my PH test.....that doctors office is really slow.

Keep in touch girl, several people have made substitute cake balls, but we all know how successful substitutes are...Loopy

• MostlySew
    edited November 2013

run free, as long as your Activa has "active live cultures/bacteria" and does not say it is processed after adding them, nor says it was heat processed it at least contains good stuff for your system. Some of the activa though contains fructose corn syrup etc sugars you really don't need, so check on that. Apparent rule of thumb is, if it doesn't have as much protein as other yogurts of the same size, it's not as good for you (and advertising be damned)

Ok...those are my lectures for the evening, class dismissed.....Happy

• RunFree16
    edited November 2013

Thanks Sew! I am wondering whether there is some minimum number of billion little good bacteria critters I need to counteract the Bactrim, and whether one yogurt is enough or I should be chugging the stuff. Josie, the rash started on my lower calves, then enjoyed itself on my lower thighs for quite a while. After a couple of months it said, "Hey, new vistas needed!" and explored my hips, back, arms, and a bit on my belly (for some reason right in my stretch marks from my pregnancies) and then on my chest near my radiated skin, bit of a deja vu, since that's where the original ferociously-itchy-but-not-quite-rash was. At this moment I have leftover spots on my legs and back, mainly, but they are generally flat and don't itch. Some of the spots never itched, and some areas had itch but never had spots.

• MostlySew
    edited November 2013

run... if in doubt, get some acedolophus from the whole food store. It's pure live cultures, comes in a gel capsule and you store it in the fridge. I generally get those if I have to be on an antibiotic as I can be sure I'm getting enough and don't have to eat 5 yogurts a day ( or whatever it takes).

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Janis, Brookside, Josie, and Cindy thanks so much for the support.

Bunkie, hang in there. I so hope you feel better soon.

Janis, Happy dance for your negative mammo. I pray your biopsy will be negative too. After my doctor appointment today I stuffed myself with your cake balls.

Cindy, so glad you set everything up to have as little stress as possible for your move

Brookside, I am glad you are less itchy, and I too hope your rash has run it's course

I am a little hopeful after seeing the urologist, oncology, surgeon today. Unfortunately he did not have all of my CT scans, and he didn't have time for a cystoscopy today. He is going to get all of my reports, and I have an appointment with him Nov 18 for a cystoscopy. He had my other reports, and I told him as much as I knew about my ct scans. He said he won't know for sure if he recommends surgery until after my next appointment. He does know that I am stage 4 with mets to the lungs and lymph node involvement. I told him I had a very good response to chemo, and that my tumors shrunk a lot. He was more concerned about how much my lymph node nodules and lung nodules shrunk than the size of my bladder tumor. I also told him that on my last scan two of my lymph node tumors increased in size a little. I told him about my swelling, and he did examine my leg, and my swollen abdomen. I told him my lymph node nodules are about 18 mm and my lung nodules are 4mm. I was encouraged when he told me that when someone has a good response to chemo that is promising for surgery. He asked me if he recommends surgery would I be willing to get a full bladder removal, and I said yes. A partial bladder removal can only be done if the tumor is near the dome, and mine is a little under that, I liked him a lot, and I have my fingers crossed that he will recommend surgery when I see him on the 18th. Having surgery would make me feel more hopeful. So, now I can have the next 10 days or so encouraged that I might be able to have surgery.

I see my MO at 2 tomorrow so he can evaluate my swelling. My leg and abdomen are all swollen, but somehow it was much easier for me to walk today, and I am so grateful about that.

After the surgeon's appointment today I was feeling resilient, and positive once again, so I did some retail therapy. Nothing makes a girlie-girl feel better than retail shopping. Of course your love and support makes me feel wonderful too

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited November 2013

Run, I took antibiotics last winter over a long period of time. My system got all messed up. As a result, I had a great deal of vaginal discomfort and loose stools. I found the yellow box of Culturelle helped me the most. It contains the bacteria that are normal in our intestines. I found if I took anything with too many bacterial cultures, I had a lot of intestinal cramping and discomfort. The yellow box of Culturelle seems soothing and has helped the problems I was having. I had been using yogurt previous to that, but it just wasn't enough, or maybe the right type of bacteria. You mentioned you got this the weekend you were at a beach. We used to get swimmers itch, which was actually caused by small organisms in the lake water that would get into our skin. I wonder if this could be something like that? I surely do hope they get to the bottom of this.

Hi to Janis. Glad to hear from you and that your mammo was normal.

Kate, Hopefully you will have some news tomorrow that points you in the right direction. I know you will feel better if you have a plan.

Bunkie, you have been through so much lately. You just need some comfort my dear. Don't beat yourself up for taking what you need to take in order to find some of that.

Sew, good to hear from you too.

Cindy, you lucky duck. It really sounds like you have that move under control. I will have to get some pointers when I got through something similar soon. We are selling our house in the country and buy another one closer to the place where my husband works 3/4 of the time. We are also thinking of a winter place in Florida this year. We shall see about that. My dad is still hanging in there, and our lives have felt on hold for almost a year now. This week his lab tests are better than ever. It looks like a small remission. I hope it lasts. His doctor gives us no hope of that, and yet it seems to be happening. He has us all in complete attendance. It is hard to know how much to be there and how much of our lives we can reclaim. If we aren't there enough, he gets angry and upset with us. If we are there a lot, he tells us to go home and that he doesn't want anyone around. He talks about inconveniencing us, but then he demands almost constant attention. Not sure what to do. We really feel in a push/pull situation. We are starting to get annoyed with each other as well - my siblings and I. It is inevitable, I guess as we struggle to live life and still be there for him. It is a bit crazy-making.

Hi to everyone. I pop in to read whenever I can, and am keeping up with everyone.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2013

Hi, was recovering from two week ends of travel in a row...hitting the ground running at work and falling asleep at night.

As usual, reading back here makes me smile, laugh out loud,and cry. I have missed being here. There is a lot of wisdom and good information being shared. and caring Smile

Congrats to Janis and Josie for those boring mammos!!! Birthdays and good mammos are everything....

Janis, I think you must have heard Cindy's call for cake balls...right out of the oven. Glad you are back and feeling better.

Kate, waiting to hear from you. I know there are a lot of tough days ahead. We are with you...and I do think it is possible that you will have real visits from some of us here...wish it could be all at once!

What a bummer that you are having the leg issues again. It does sound similar to what you were dealing with when you traveled to Chicago. My gosh, you were so brave to tough that out...let's hope this is not as complex. Whatever your news, we are here.

Sew, did you get results from your tube adventure? I prefer the visual of you peacefully quilting...

Runfree, I agree it is frustrating that docs are treating but not necessarily looking for the cause...and every time you change a medication or add something I wonder if it will make it harder to figure out. Wish you could get off everything but the Bactrim and see what happens when you wean off that. Have you thought of traveling to a large medical center with all your test results? There has to be somebody who can work on this enigma.

Bunkie, I am glad you can take a few days of bed rest...you work so hard at achieving balance and harmony in your body...I hope this respite will bring you the strength that you need.

Cindy, I am still trying to remember which place you are selling...are you moving from one TX home to another? and keeping CA? or am I totally missing the plan? I alway said it doesn't matter if you move 2000 miles or 2 miles - it is still a move!

SAB - I've lost quite a few posts lately...touchy keys and hyperactive page at times. When is your first "vacation"? The one thing I do not like about my job is that I do not have "enough" time to do the things I want/need to do. I have about 8 weeks off in the summer (no pay) but I choose to work overload in the summer evenings. With my kids all moved away, I need a lot of long week ends to visit them all. Hmmm maybe they should visit me?

I can't seem to kick the sugar monster and I'm battling emotions...gained back a few pounds...not good, especially with BD around the corner. Seeing my grandkids give me such peace and I try to think of the positives and not what i'm missing. Some days work seems so irrelevent to what i hold important. But i am very grateful for all I have and can do.

Josie, Gigil, new2bc, and other friends, wishing good days ahead for you.

• RunFree16
    edited November 2013

Kate, a beam of hope, how very welcome and wonderful! Too bad he couldn't give you a complete answer yesterday, but Nov. 18 is not too too far down the road. Meanwhile I hope your doctor today can give you some good options for relief from your swelling. It sounds very unpleasant. I'm so glad to hear it was a little better yesterday and you were able to take a bit of shopping Rx.

GiGiL, thanks for the tip about Culturelle. That's the one my mom has been suggesting too. When I started the Bactrim, I asked the pharmacist if he recommended that, and he said, "No, just take the Bactrim with food." But that was a 10-day course, and now I'm on my 3rd week with at least another month to go, supposedly. And my guts are a little unhappy. So I think I will get some Culturelle, even though it's $30. I think it has acidopholus in it. Isn't that the main ingredient in Beano?

Also GiGiL, your situation with your father and sibs sounds difficult indeed. Maybe you and your sibs can work out a monthly rotation, so only one sib is really the go-to person every month, giving you enough time to spend a bit of the winter somewhere warmer and fewer tensions about who's on call every day?

Cindy, Joan's question made me realize that I am unclear on your move too! But I am extremely impressed with your organization. I have NEVER had all my stuff packed so far ahead of the moving truck. During our last move, I was still tossing things in boxes ALL DAY as the movers were carrying other boxes out.