Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2013

Hi y'all

Good to hear how everyone's doing...we've been missing y'all

Kate - glad your Thursday appt brought hope :) here's to today's MO appt bring more hope and relief. Will PT help with the LE? Your princess warrior coat is ready and oh my the sparkles...rainbow bling! We are all doing our warrior dance...got you covered in love:)

GiGil - you and siblings will figure out the best team approach...like Runfree's plan. Dad is fortunate what a wonderful family:) there will be some compromise give and take, but yeah that you don't have to be on heighten alert and can ease into a routine that affords more time for each of you to focus on your personal time as well as dad.

Joan - what a schedule...catch your breath...pamper yourself...plan some Grammie dates with those precious GKS:)...family :))) oh and lots of BDays!

RunFree - get down to basics...remove all the variables...take notes in your composition book...get a good baseline than slowly add back. You are the science experiment...seek a bigger medical center for help! Itch rash go away!

Sew - 5 yogurts a day! Ha ha! Good advice pop a pill :) culture in the frig section are best.

Josie - how are the applications going? Hope your week went well and no drama at work.

Moving...another home in TX just a few streets away, but a bit larger. I'm happy here, but hubby says too small...so off we go. We will just get the boxes in the door than head out for the holidays. Thus, I repack things in the same box so labels are not a mystery ...yes I store boxes in the attic hummm compulsive ha! And yes, there are moments when I think just give it all away and head back...wish they all could be CA girls:) but for now 2 worlds is a good thing.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2013

Sure sounds like you've gotten some good news, Kate. I'm sure hoping this urologist looks at your scan and say, "Ah, hah!  I see a perfect candidate for surgery."  Sending lots of hugs and strength for your appointment today.  Speaking of today, isn't it Margarita Day?  Will join you and everyone in one later on.

Yes, Gigi, with all your family has gone through in the past few months, you need some not-on-call time.  Well, maybe you don't think you need it, but if I were you, I sure would!  Your family is so lucky to have you, but sometimes it's just time to run away and take care of yourself.

Cindy, it sounds as though you're pretty much a moving professional, with all those boxes so nicely labelled.  How many times have you moved, huh?

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2013

Runfree, Joan, Gigil, Cindy and Brookside thanks for the support.

Gigil I am so glad your dad is improving.

Joan I would love to meet you. A big LA meetup would be great. It's going to be 75 here today ladies, so a perfect spot for a vacation. So glad you find peace with your grandchildren. I do with mine as well. When my 6 year old granddaughter says I love you so much Nana I melt. If I am feelin down or in pain after I talk to the grandkids I feel wonderful. So glad you are thinking positive.

Brookside Magarita Day for today sound wonderful to me. After I come home from the doctor I will supply some along with chips, and shrimp quesadilla. Gigil I know you don't do shrimp. so I will have chicken and steak as well.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

I forgot to mention that I went on a 900 calorie diet this week and I lost 6 pounds. YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I went from 146 to 140. I was 115 before I quit smoking, and 125 before I started chemo, and I am trying to get back to 115. My swelling feels better with the 6 pounds I've lost so far. I am going to try 900 calories again this week, and after that move it up to a 1200 calorie diet. Since cancer keeps me from being too active if I eat 1500 calories I can't lose weight.

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited November 2013

Kate thinking about you and wondering if you have any news. Run good ideas about coping. Today Dad decided he wants to come to my house for a few days. Hope we can cheer him up. In a few weeks we are going to Florida for a week. I will take my turns now for some down time later in the month. One sib went back to his home in Turkey. The other will leave for Boston in two weeks. We have had some quality time with Dad. We have to get on with life. It has been a year since Mom died. What a year!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited November 2013

Kate, I'm glad your doc was so encouraging and wise.I'm also happy you had the swelling go down a little.Your a very strong lady.

Cindy, glad to hear your move isn't too far.Sounds like you've got it under control though.Work has been ok thanks for asking.Except  Monday I have 17 bone densities!!! I didn't get to get them all precerted .I got about 3 done today.I was busy and had a last minute add on at 4:00 .Never mind the fact I leave at 4:30.

I think I will try to get there early Monday so I can get my work started early.I start an exercise program at the YMCA called the livestrong  program.It's free for cancer survivors and it like an exercise program.It includes a free 12 week free family membership. It starts Monday.

GIGIL, sorry your going through this with your Father.It is very stressful taking care of your parent.

Joan, your right your kids could do the traveling and visit mom once in a while for a change.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Gigil and Josie thanks so much for the support.

Gigil I am glad your dad is going to spend some quality time with you. Also glad you will be vacationing in Florida.

Josie enjoy your new exercise program

I saw my Mo today. Thank God he isn't pushing me into chemo right away. He did mention chemo, but he said the first thing to do is see what the surgeon recommends.I asked him if I had to do chemo could it wait till the end of March or April, and he said it depends on how I am feeling, and the results of CT scans. So, unless the swelling gets worse I won't have to do treatment till after Jan 1. Of course if surgery is recommended that might have to be before Jan 1, but I hope not. I want to enjoy Thanksgiving, black Friday, Hanukkah, and New years without treatment. As for what to do right now he said elevating my leg is most important. I asked about compression hose, and he said he didn't think that would help. I might try it anyway.

I felt good about both of my doctor appointments this week, Now I have 10 days off of doctor's appointments thank God. I am hoping for 10 days without stress. Then I see the surgeon Nov.18, and back to my MO Nov. 22

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited November 2013

Kate, it's great that your MO is not in any hurry to get you into chemo. If you're comfortable enough now to enjoy the holiday season, that's good medicine in itself. Ten days without stress, what a wonderful thing! I'm so glad you had two positive appointments this week. Do you have any plans for this weekend?

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited November 2013

Kate - So happy for you loosing that weight. Woo Hoo!!! That was fast too. I wish you could send it to me. I could use 10 pounds. I have been doing some retail therapy on line because it is so darned cold here and windy. I can smell winter. It is right around the corner. I am very happy for you about the Dr appts too. Good vibes coming your way.

GiGil - You can not get the time back so it is wonderful that you can spend it with him now. You have been through a lot. Hang in there. Just a year is not long after loosing a parent. Mine went within 2 years of each other. I am still not past it.

Cindy - If bigger space is what you need go for it. You can unpack laster. I am still getting rid of stuff from my Ca to Mi move back in 04. Finding surprises in the basement all the time. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Joan - That is a really busy schedule. Please rest in there so you do not tax your body too much.

Josie, Sew, Runfree, Brookside - Just a shout out to say hello.

I have been reading but not posting as much. Dealing with a lot heath wise but hanging in there and keeping my attitude upbeat. Have a toothache this weekend so I have an emer. appt with DDs Monday. Ugh. I would rather give birth to twins than go to the DDS. When I was a kid I was drilled with no numbing and it made me very fearful. Once I am comfortable witha DDs I am fine. Unfortunately my one here hurt me last time and I started with the anxiety all over again. Now I have no choice. Have to go in. I can feel the difference in the steroid dose I raised. I am very dizzy which leads me to believe that maybe some of my vertigo is tied in with the meds. I am waiting for an appt at the Univ of Mi for a endo consult. I am not giving up just taking a break. Need better medical care if I am goiing to try to drop again...and if it is not an option need to know that too. I have been really watching my sugar again but broke down yesterday and had some apple pie and ice creme. Yum. Needed that. Ready for some cake balls and a Kaluah decalf coffee....ok and a shot of vodka.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Runfree and Bunkie thanks so much for the support.

Runfree I don't have any special plans this weekend, but might do some more retail therapy tomorrow

Bunkie I am sorry that you have a toothache, but so glad you are upbeat. If I am in pain or discomfort, and stay home and dwell on it the pain and discomfort feels worse. If I am in pain and discomfort, and force myself to go out, and change the tune in my head to positive thoughts I feel so much better. That is what I have been doing the last couple of days, and so glad you are thinking positive too. I went from totally down in the dumps last Saturday when the swelling came back to feeling good emotionally now. Last Saturday I was thinking OMG I will die sooner because swelling is back, and OMG I will have to do chemo etc etc. A few days later I snapped out of it, and forced myself to walk on a very swollen leg, and to tell myself that this too shall pass. I changed the tune in my head, and said this is a minor setback, and if anyone can kick cancer in the butt I can. I feel good now emotionally and I hope you can find that place too.

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 254
    edited November 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is feeling better since most of us here have some kind of pain somewhere in our body. I started having a dull pain in one side of my teeth that lasts only for a second and repeats itself a few times a day. This started a month ago. I went to the dentist but he did not figure out anything. I had a similar situation a few years ago on the opposite side. That also started with a dull pain but escalated to very sharp pain that felt like electric shock. I am very scared this one will get worse. I hope it goes away. I think breast cancer is enough for all of us.

Cindy,

Good luck with your move. You need a vacation after this.

Kate,

I am glad you don't have to see any doctors at least for a week to give yourself a break. You are an inspiration to everyone here. Hopefully, your doctors will decide on surgery and do it after the holidays so you can enjoy yourself and your family.

GiGil,

You asked me before to let you know about the hormone test. I went to see my primary doctor and thankfully she ordered the hormone test but they only do it by blood. The most accurate one is the urine test. My results came back showing my estradiol level to be 763 which is way too high. Now I know one of the reasons I got breast cancer. I will contact the oncologist and see what he recommends. I will ask him to do the test to check for absorption of Tamoxifen. I started taking Tamoxifen last July and I had hot flashes for a few months but none this month. I also started taking a supplement that has DIM, I3C and broccoli extract yesterday. I have a hard time finding a naturopath here I can trust. They either have bad reviews or they do not do the urine test or the iodine test. One of them I checked had an opening in March of 2014, and that is the one with bad reviews. I already found a place where they do acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. I will try to go there next week for the first time. I called Life Ext. and they do have the urine test that does not require a physician's order. I think I will continue taking my supplement at least for a month before doing this test since the test is very pricey. Any ideas as far as high estradiol? I usually eat a lot of vegetables, no red meat and dairy. I eat small amount of chicken or fish once every week and I drink green tea everyday and juice fruits and vegetables. By the way, I hope your father feels better. He is lucky to have children like you who take turns to take care of him.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

New2bc thank you for the support. Sorry you are experiencing a toothache, and I hope it goes away soon.

It is a positively gorgeous day in Santa Monica, 72 and sunny. I just walked a mile on a swollen leg, and in about a half hour I am going to do it again. Walking is good to move the fluid around. It is painful but I keep on going on. It is like a summer day here today, and I am loving it.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2013

Bunkie, I had a long nap today to catch up. I hope you had a peaceful day too.

Cindy, your move is what I had deduced from your posts. So you get to keep both worlds...sounds good. I hope your move goes smoothly. Is DH enjoying the moving project? I hope he is doing well. Do you have family near either TX or CA homes? (refresh memory, please)

Kate, you are so right about talking ourselves out of the negative place. There are at least two ways to think of every situation and we sometimes can choose how to view where we are at.

I have learned in the last year or so that when I feel that wave of negative thinking taking control of me, I tell myself to dismiss it and to rethink on the positive side of my life. It usually works. Sometimes I feel tears and I do let them flow. But Today I was bummed because I wasn't in MA for my GD's 6th BD party. I did not want to miss the party and seeing my other daughter & GD. I realize now I could have gone but I made the best decision because I was there last week end and will be going on Friday again to help out. It's 4.5 hours each way. I called, and my GD said "I want you to see my pogo stick - we can do Facetime"...I had not done that before and it really was fun to see them and talk with them. My GD asked me why I didn't come...after we hung up, I really cried. But I got it out and now I'm looking forward.

I have been so emotional and fearful lately. I think drugs, age, diet & activity all play into this.

Runfree, how are you feeling? It sounds like you are better from less itching, but tolerating the rash.

Josie, wishing you a good day at work and getting caught up. The exercise program sounds great.

Well, back to grading papers before I sleep....

Night all,

Joan

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Joan I am so glad you can change the tune in your head to chase negative thoughts into positive ones, as I do most of the time. I am sorry you had to miss GD's birthday party, but glad you will be able to see her Friday. It is so good to let tears flow but since I got bladder cancer I pretty much haven't been able to. When tears come to my eyes I stop them, and say I will be fine. I know that it is good to cry, but I have to remain strong.

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2013

Glad you're able to hoof it with your swollen leg, Kate, but hoping you remember to prop it up before and after. 

RunFree, so glad your itch level is dropping and hope those spots are fading, fading, fading. Personally, I'm convinced your body is just in a snit and when it gets tired of zapping you, all will go back to normal, hopefully darned quickly.

Cindy, hoping your weekend was spent all in one home, with no zipping back and forth for supplies.  Are you done with the move now?

I wish they had LiveStrong near here, Josie.  We have to walk outside or join a gym.  There is a really inexpensive Bone Builders, but the early session is permanently booked up and that's the only time I could go.  Right now, I'm torn between walking outside or on the treadmill at the gym.  Also torn between going into the office and working (?)  at home.  Can't get the day going until I decide, can I?  Currently I'm on the couch, enjoying all the Veterans Day TV programming.  In pajamas.  Lovely Monday morning activity!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2013

Brookside I would join you in the PJ party, but I have a doctor appointment in 45 minutes. I had a mole removed from my back two weeks ago and today the sutures come out. Also I get the biopsy report which I am not worried about. The stitches are mid back and they itch, so glad to be getting rid of that.

My DH is a Vietnam vet. I am glad he has a special day to be recognized.

Kate cancer comes with all kinds of emotional responses. Never be too hard on yourself for being human and having a good cry. Of course you are strong, it takes courage to face the beast. I am glad you are walking and sure hope the swelling goes down. Remember to elevate, please! I made my special lemon cake balls just for you!

Cindy I have moved so many times in my life, I am pretty good at it. Every move I get rid of more stuff. When we moved here three years ago we had a 26' U-Haul to bring us from Wyoming to here, plus my little car, our camper and truck. Everything was crammed, but you wouldn't believe how much we got rid of before we moved. We had two garage sales. We went from a 2,400 SF house with a huge garage, barn, greenhouse, storage shed. This house is 1,700 SF and no storage at all. A standard two car garage which seems so small. I have learned to let go of things and I no longer collect any trinkets. I know how much work is involved short or long distance. Be careful about lifting, okay?

Bunkie I am so sorry you are still struggling. I can imagine the frustration you must feel right now. I hate seeing you in pain and discomfort. I imagine you yearn to feel just good for a day. You deserve it Sweetie. Try to find joy within those walls and be good to yourself.

Joan, so sorry you missed your GD's birthday, but you will see her very soon. I have one grandchild, Wesley, who turned 12 in September. He is in Wyoming and I haven't seen him in over 2 years. I made it to his first 9 birthday parties and missing the last three has been tough. Big hugs hon, you have such a huge heart and it shines, your grandkids feel it. The miles can never divide the wonderful bond you share.

Josie that is awesome about the Livestrong program. Enjoy!

RunFree, how is the rash? You haven't lost your sanity yet? Thinking of you and wishing you a lifetime of itch free days!

Everyone else I apologize for not addressing you all. Know that I think of all my sisters, with lots of love and plenty of hope for better days always.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Brookside, and Janis thank you for the support. Janis I am praying your biopsy is negative. Thanks so much for the lemon cake balls. I really need them today, because I am on the verge of tears. Starting last night my leg got much more swollen. My thigh is gigantic, and it is difficult to walk on it. Sometimes even difficult to stand on it, and off and on the extra weight is causing back pain. I am elevating it, but nothing seems to work. Also I am feeling some burning shooting pains in both breasts, off and on, and I am wondering if the cancer is causing neuropathy problems, I am trying to stay positive and say this too shall pass, but I am worried that I will have to do chemo much sooner than I wanted to. I pray I don't have to do chemo during the holidays.

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2013

Ohhh, Kate, how absolutely rotten!  I'm sending hugs and prayers, hope and comfort, and wishes for decided relief when you prop your leg up above your very large and beautiful heart.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Brookside you are an angel. Your support means so much to me. Thank you

• RunFree16
    edited November 2013

Kate, maybe your walking was just a bit too much? I think it might take a little while to find the amount that will be just right, Goldilocks. I hope that's all it is. Would cold help? Like sitting in a cool tub? Please let us know how it is tomorrow. I hope you can sleep tonight.

• josie123
    edited November 2013

BUNKIE, hoping your feeling well today and no vertigoSmile

New2bc, sorry about your toothache.Hope you found some relief.I was wondering how you get your protein if you only have chicken or fish once weekly what is your source of protein on other days?

Kate, Oh sweetie..... I'm sorry your swelling is back.I will pray for you tonight.Maybe you did over do it a little.Try not to worry too much.

Brookside, I'm sorry you don't have a live strong program or YMCA nearby.

I don't blame you for wanting to just veg out in front if the tv today.It was a really dreary day today here in St.Louis.We're supposed to have a little snow overnight.

Joan, yes I did get to work early today and got most of my benefits done for today.

But I left tonight not feeling too good about Wednsday.13 bone densities and only like 2 have benefits.I just didn't have timeShocked

Janis, I hope you get to see that Gradson soon.Tell your DH thank you for his service.

Hello to anyone I may have forgotten.

BTW we spent our Sat afternoon installing our new microwave.Don't ever let anyone tell you it's easy to install an over the range microwave.We finally finished it on Sunday only to find out #2 and#7 don't work on the number pad.Don't worry we didn't stay up all night installing it.It just got late so we finished on Sunday.

• joan811
    edited November 2013

Oh Kate, I do hope you sleep OK tonight. I know you are 3 hours behind me...so you may still be up. Big hugs and praying for a change for the better. It would be tough to have chemo over the holidays. Let's hope that doesn't happen. I know you want relief. I just wish they could take out the monster cells somehow. You are right about not letting the tears get out of control...I can't cry much due to meds.

Josie, sorry you are feeling stressed even before you get to work. I know firsthand that installing an over the range microwave is NOT easy. I am getting too impatient for "do it ourselves" but we do.

new2bc, I am interested to hear more about your test results...what do the docs think? I don't know much about this so it is helpful to me.

Janis, so good to hear from you. I thought i smelled those cake balls baking...I remember that you have not seen your grandson in a long time. I guess that he is not going to be visiting you soon either. It is very hard. Your move has been a big change for you and when you add BC, it's kind of all too much. But your fighting and giving spirit can't be squashed by circumstance.

My DH is retired from the Air Force Reserves. He was in the Navy out of high school, and I just recently read up on his ship's log about the tour in Vietnam. He was also on the last ship through the Suez Canal in the midst of a mid-east conflict. Another 2 years in the Army when our girls were young.

He spent Veteran's Day alone since I had to work. He went hiking out at an old abandoned military compound at Montauk Point (the END of Long Island).

Expecting Josie's cold (wet?) weather here tonight and tomorrow...I think I'm ready.

Nite all!

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Thanks Joan.The sad thing about the microwave is it has to be returned now.So we get to do it all over again.As far as the job I am still looking and applying.Sad

• gigil
    edited November 2013

Hi newtobc. Hope this is the first time you are reading this. High estradiol might be a concern. I have read that estriole is the safe kind of estrogen. If your estradiol is high and you are on an AI, what is your doctor's theory about that and what to do about it? How old are you? I can't remember. The reason I am hoping this is the first time you have seen this, is I previously posted some misinformation and tonight I corrected it. I had my estrogen types mixed up.

Kate, darn it that the swelling has started again. That just sucks! Have you tried eating tart cherries and using turmeric? Both are natural ways to fight inflammation and the turmeric chokes off the blood supply to cancer cells. Also green tea is a good natural way to fight those ugly buggers and cruciferous veggies like broccoli. It is worth a shot, right? Maybe it will help some.

Joan, I hear you about missing those grand kids. I haven't seen a couple of mine for awhile and I am missing them terribly. I have been so involved in my dad's care that I can't get out of town. Winter is rapidly approaching, and like Cindy I need to move our country house to one closer to DH's work. Besides that, I want to get into my car and point it south! I want to run away for the winter and have DH visit me when he is off, which is a good portion of every month. As for emotions? Fear? I think our lack of hormones zaps us and makes us more fearful. And everything seems overwhelming. Sunshine, and comedy type movies are a good treatment that work well for me. Exercise too when I can get my achey bones to do it.

Hi to everyone. Bunkie, hope you are feeling better. Run, I am having some itching too. I think of you when it happens. Janis B9 B9 B9!

• joan811
    edited November 2013

Gigi, You are right about getting outside...it does wonders for me.
    We have a moderate winter here...it's damp with the potential for ice and snow.  But most days I don't mind being outside at all.  We had our first snow today which just covered the grass.
    I do not like the darkness though.
    I agree - the natural decline of hormones along with the AI drugs seems to be a double whammy.  But overall I feel good and when I am busy I am happy.
    Leaving work now for a long overdue hair appointment!
    (((Kate, Janis, Bunkie, RR friends)))

• RunFree16
    edited November 2013

GiGiL, I'm so sorry for your itchies! I'm barely itching at all just now, and I haven't used my steroid cream since last week. I did the scabies remedy on Saturday and I'll do it again this coming Saturday. I don't know if it helped. I think what's helping is the Bactrim. I would like to be able to stop taking it, but the itching might come right back. I'm waiting to do the second scabies remedy before I present my ideas to the derm.

Kate, I hope your leg did better today.

• gigil
    edited November 2013

Run, my itches are focused on the front of my lower legs and my upper back. The upper back has skin discoloration as well. I think that is a neurological condition that is relatively benign as far as I can tell. The leg itching seems to be related to shaving although it never gets rashy. Other than that, it might have to do with not being active enough, and maybe some circulatory pooling and itching. Time to get up and dance! I walk a good bit, but maybe not enough. Glad yours are better.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Runfree, Josie, Joan, and Gigil thank you for the support. The swelling has not gone down, and now I have a new worry. Through email my MO and I discussed a urine test, because I don't think Cipro cleared up my uti. He told his nurse practioner, Melody, to schedule a urine test for me. Today someone at my Mo's large office called Yolanda, called me, and said Dr. Goldman wants you to do some pathology at St. John's hospital, and you need to come to the office to sign papers. I thought she was talking about a urine test. Tonight Melody emailed me, and told me Yolanda called me about something other than a urine test. Melody said it is for foundation medicine testing, which is the testing that will be done on samples, that were obtained in your previous biopsy. OMG I don't know what she is talking about, and why my MO wants me to have pathology done, that he did not discuss with me. I just emailed him, and asked him what the pathology testing is for, and what it entails. I asked him if it is a simple blood test or what? I took a blood test when I was there Friday, and now I am worried that something is wrong with that. After breast cancer several times a year I have taken blood tests related to breast cancer, and all was fine. On Friday my Mo and I discussed clinical trials. He said something about tests that would cost $1500 -$2000 to see if my tumor is compatiable for the clinical trials. I hope he wants pathology for that, and not that he wants the pathology because of the results of the blood test I took. Sorry, but I am panicking. With my legs being very swollen I've had to talk to myself to take one day at a time, and everything will be ok. Now with him asking for pathology, out of the blue, It is just too much for me. Gigil I am going to drink some green tea now to relax. Hopefully doc will email me tonight, and I panicked for no reason. Thanks so much for letting me vent. Love you all

• new2bc
    edited November 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope everybody is doing better including Kate. She has not posted today. I hope her leg is not as bad as last night. someone asked me what I eat for protein. I sometimes eat eggs, nuts, and beans. Vegetables have protein too.

GiGil,

I am 51 years old and on Tamoxifen. My oncologist called and started by saying that Tamoxifen does not reduce the amount of estrogen. it just redistributes it to other parts such as uterus. I asked him I am interested to take the test that shows if Tamoxifen is being absorbed in my body. He said this test will not help us figure out what to do but he will be happy to do it. He also said this test is not being done these days since the info from it does not help the doctors figure out what changes to make. The only change he thinks is taking the ovaries out which will reduce the estrogen. Then I asked if he has seen high numbers like mine before. He said yes and it could be because taking Tamoxifen sometimes fools the ovaries to make more and more since a signal is being sent to ovaries that there is not enough estrogen in the body. I think this is happening since I am not getting any hot flashes this month. He does not do the urine test to check hormones so I have to do this test myself. He also said that since I am premenopausal, the only choice is Tamoxifen and not AI. I know I have to do the urine test to see if the result is different from the blood test.

• new2bc
    edited November 2013

Hi kate,

I think the pathology is to see if the tumor is compatible for the clinical trials and has nothing to do with your blood work. You do not need to worry more tonight. I hope the swelling of your leg goes down. You can add ginger or turmeric to your green tea to help with the inflammation.