Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2013

Hi y'all

Joan - I'm still laughing...you can dance girl! Storm go away...safe travel over holidays...and keep dancing:) birthday girl!

Kate - yippee RT! Glad you are feeling good :)

Ok RunFree, Josie...all thus itchy business needs to stop! Oh my, it is always something...took DH to infectious disease Dr ...put on a mask and washed my hands...hubby can't get rid of UTI so IV drugs.

Bunkie - yeah, family...seems right:) cheering you on through the winter...get that house sold!

SAB - good to hear from you...enjoy family time:)

GiGil - :D dad having a good week! And surprise Bday trip this week...weather comply! Remember to give yourself a hug!

Brookside - bundle up the cold is coming!

Wyo - follow your heart and enjoy turkey day...you are a survivor...you had c...you kick it! Read after breast cancer: a common sense guide to life AFTER BC...deals with issue and concerns we struggle with as we move forward.

Family arrives tomorrow ... :)))

(((Hugs))

Cindy

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited November 2013

Cindy, I feel bad for your hubby. I was on a bad cycle last year. I read on Dr. Mercola's website about a regimen to deal with UTI's. I have followed it religiously with very good results, 1. Stay away from sugar. 2. Take a probiotic daily. I use Culturelle in the yellow box. 3. Take some sort of cranberry daily. I use a cranberry chew that I get in the health food store. 4. I use d-mannose powder mixed in about 4 oz. Water daily. The d-mannose has an uncanny way of attracting bacteria and carrying them out of the bladder. I think I remember that your husband is diabetic. The d-mannose is a sugar. Bacteria love sugar. It will elevate the blood sugar slightly at first in some people, it it doesn't last. It works so well. Look on mercola.com and read up on it. One caution, use a simple probiotic. You don't need anything really exotic to do the trick. Miserable situation!

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2013

OK, the BD is officially over...except for a cake with the grandkids. after TG dinner.

Josie, that rash sounds miserable. It is hard to get to the cause...so many variables. i hope you find some relief.

(sorry you couldn't open the link...i have the same problem with flash but sometimes it works.)

i was trying not to feel old, but as i was rushing off to work (an hour late) I missed a step and landed on my knees on the floor (owch)... Am fine, but wondering how long I'll be allowed to be left alone :-0

At work they usually send around an email announcing BDs...mine is always over the long week end except this year...no email or wishes for me. Today the lady who sends out the wishes said HBD to me...she asked me how I'm going to be celebrate...I replied "Oh that's history...long gone"...There is not one person at my job who would notice if I left.

Well, I work to make money not friends.

Run, do you have a little camera on me? I brought home a huge stack of papers to finish up before Monday.

I can count the days....4 more classes plus 2 finals. Yay!

DS has arrived in NY from Chicago a day early. He got a flight out but said it was the worst turbulence he's ever experienced. He landed safely....I got my credentials for the parade party -- still waiting to see if there will be balloons.

Then dinner with 3 of my kids and 4 grands.

Bunkie, so happy to hear you enjoyed your guests ... it's good to have family visit.

Cindy, so glad you will have family coming soon....

Has anyone heard from Janis? I can't smell the cake balls baking ...

Sew?

• wyo
    wyo Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2013

Jumping in to catch up with everyone. Thanks so much for everyone's support and understanding how hard it is to just "tell" people you have breast cancer.

Tomorrow is the end of the RADS- I am so ....dare I say Thankful HappyI truly am because aside from some little micro blisters and redness that appeared today and no sleep last night for some unknown reason I have had a reasonable time of it. Bought a little care package for the cancer center team- they are really nice and working their tales off so hope they can celebrate a bit too.

Saw the RO today and he said your operative breast is quite a bit smaller than the other (ya think??) then he said has it gotten smaller during radiation (yes) I think its pretty noticeable because I am small and now smaller so that gave me something new to think about as I pick out clothes for work.

Got a lovely email from my MO today wishing me a happy thanksgiving and I will be seeing her to start on Tamoxifen.

I am thankful for this forum and the wonderful people I "meet" on here who are so caring and courageous and take the time from their busy lives to check in and share. It means a lot to be in a "safe" space even if its just for 5 emails. I wish you and all those who are important to you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend doing whatever makes you most contented.

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2013

Josie, so sorry you have been itchy. I hope you are feeling better

Bunkie, sorry you have been sick. So glad your cousin came to visit. I agree company will make you feel better.

I still have my rash, and it burns. I have 3 doctor appointments tomorrow to try and figure out what this is. I am seeing a dermatologist, my pcp, and my friend Dr. Tracy. I just want Tracy to check my breast and make sure I don't have an implant infection. I do not have faith in the dermatologist, so I am hoping my pcp can figure it out. Besides the rash on my face, and palms I am experiencing shooting burning pains every so often in different parts of my body. Doc does not think this is dangerous, so I am grateful about that, but having a rash on my face and palms is aggravating me.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2013

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick stop by to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Like the rest of you I too am thankful for this group for being so strong and supportive. It has gotten me thru many bad, scary days and always makes me feel better. I think others have said the same. My life no longer revolves strictly around my cancer anymore it seems, which is a good thing for me. Yes, it's there, but it's no longer my primary concern in life. Like the rest of you I still have episodes of strange blood work, and new diseases and aches and pains, but for now, I can handle them as though they are just part of life and aging, which i think they are. I've had my 4th 6 month mammo and my breasts still look healthy and the same, so I'm quite thankful for that. I no longer get weak kneed when I have to go in to the cancer center for my 3 month check ups (yep, I still haven't graduated to 6 month follow ups due to weird blood work, but I'm sure that's going to happen some day), and other than trying to get rid of this compression bra, I'm no longer kicking at the thoughts and results of cancer. I have recently decided I'm just going to have to wear this bra with the zipper sticking out in the middle of my chest for the rest of my days because I get in too much pain without it. So be it, there are plenty of worse things, and at least I've never noticed anyone actively staring at my "zipper bump". My weight continues to be too high, but I can now at least exercise without completely collapsing. Not to the same level I could before, but at least I can do it. So, I've got lots to be thankful for, along with having all of you as my support. My mother continues to be vibrant and interested in life at age 95 although her short term memory is shot, and some discussions with her are quite interesting. My sister-in-law is doing really well on her chemo (3 of 6 treatments done) and she's handling the grief of my brother's death reasonably well with the aid of counseling. My sister and I are involved in disposing of Mom's household of antiques and goods and that is always wrenching, but must be done as she doesn't need these things with her any more. I did "inherit" a set of china, which I think I will use for Thanksgiving dinner. It should be festive.

Joan, happy birthday belatedly! 65 ain't bad.....I'm almost 66 and don't feel a bit different except I had to change my insurance to Medicare! You still need to get skype to talk with your distant family face to face.....or as much as it can be face to face

Sab......busy as ever I see. You do sound great, and happy and busy and that's always good. I'm sure you'll take time with the extended family around to still take some great walks and hikes.

Kate......you are the strongest lady I've met. It's amazing how well you're doing with this bladder cancer and additional nodes scattered here and there. Hopefully today someone will come up with a solution to this rash, it's just about as strange as Run Free's and that's saying something.

Cindy....are you moved in? Has the whorl wind stopped blowing yet? Can you drive home and get to the right house? That's one way to get your house clean, I must say. I've lived in this house for 30 years and it shows!

Brookside...hopefully you're out here.....I think you asked about this Barretts thing......apparently they all feel that taking prilosec or prevacid (which I'm doing better on) will actually help cure it. I still don't know about the follow-ups as I've never actually seen this gastro guy, but will do so in December. My MO seems to think I should have a follow up in 6 months so we'll see. Oh, and the PH test ended up miserable for me....started just fine, but ended up causing my throat to swell and a lymph node to get mad etc. etc. Gather that doesn't happen to most people, and I'm fine now, but for what they found out, I'm not sure it was worth it! I think the scope tells them as much as they need to know.

Run Free.......I can't believe you're still messing with rashes.....can you just call it freckles? A new type?

Josie, here's hoping you can find a less stressful job in the coming year, you deserve it. You've worked so hard you deserve an easier street for awhile. Hang in there, this to shall pass......

Gigil, good heavens, how do you keep track of taking all those solutions? They do sound quite healthy, but would be beyond me to remember to do. I'm glad your father and Cole are doing so well. The constant stress of worrying about both of them is very taxing. Enjoy your holiday time with them all.

Wyo...you're done!! You made it! Let the healing begin, mentally and physically. It sounds like your skin held up really well, and that's great. Don't forget to continue to moisturize that poor breast, it's been thru lots. I think that soon you won't even notice the smaller breast, it will just become "natural" to you. At least winter is easier to disguise it anyway.

Janis.....we all worry when you get quiet.....I hope you're doing well. My DH is making pumpkin muffins for Thanksgiving, but while he is a great baker, I'm quite certain one of your creations would be even better (don't tell him). Hopefully you're doing well sweetie.

Bunkie, visitors are the key. I'm glad you got a chance to visit with family and relive old times and reminisce and here's hoping that next year you get that house sold, get out to California and get better.

I hope I haven't missed anyone and I do think of you all often. Happy Thanksgiving,

Mostlysew (and yes, I've finally gotten back to sewing lots and loving it).......

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2013

Hi everyone. I am fine just don't post much these days. I think much like Sew I have sort of put cancer on the back burner although I think of you great ladies always. You never leave my thoughts.

That mole on my back came back as a dysplastic nevi. Apparently this puts me at much higher risk of developing melanoma, so I have to keep a close eye on current moles and have a thorough skin check every 6 months.

Joan HAPPY belated birthday Sweet Lady! It sounds like you had much to celebrate with your loving extended family. Of course I sent a ton of those cake balls your way.

I am about to start my holiday baking since it is what I do for gifts. I don't shop at all, other than for baking supplies. I start collecting the expensive stuff on sale early. Butter and chocolate chips especially, I catch them on sale and stock up because I go through so much. I have probably 15 pounds of butter in the freezer and it will be gone soon, same with multiple bags of chips and of course all the other baking necessities. Our neighbor Kay has invited us to her house for Thanksgiving dinner as we have no plans. That will be nice. She volunteered to bring 8 dozen homemade cookies to a church function on Sunday, and she has no time and asked if I would do them for her. Of course! I am happy too and will make probably four different kinds to make the trays pretty.

Bunkie I am sorry you have been so hill. How great your cousins were able to visit and you could celebrate together. The stories made me laugh. I am glad there was no serious damage from the fire. Hair on fire is not good.......cheap haircut though!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and loved ones. Enjoy the day.

Love and hugs all around!

• MostlySew
    edited November 2013

Janis,

I knew we could get you out of the closet! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well also. Watching those moles and spots and weird bumps on our skin is something we all have to do these days, but I'm sorry to hear yours was this dysplastic thingie....... I'm hoping that's the only one you'll get and it was simply a warning. Kind of like the bad cells in my throat.....think I yell too much? Nah! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and I will think of you baking all those great cookies. but....15 lbs of butter? Oooosh!

Mostly

• justmejanis
    edited November 2013

Sew....I bake a LOT!!! I give to neighbors and my pharmacy friends and mail to the kids and my sister. I only use real butter and I am always amazed how much I blaze through. I make butter/cream cheese Spritz cookies that are so good, and I pretty much make double most recipes so that usually means a pound per batch. Oh I have a lot of cream cheese too.

My cousin died of melanoma and since it is genetic the dermatologist wants me to keep a close eye on it. I am not worried, more of a little annoyance is all.

Happy day to you tomorrow my friend. I am so glad your mom is still doing well!

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited November 2013

Janis, I'm hoping everything is ok with that mole.But Its interesting because we all have been through Rads and anything suspicious like that has got to make you wonder could it be from the Rads?Is it on the same side as your Rads? I can remember laying on that Rads table wondering where that radiation was going as they sent it through my back.It felt like you had a laser beam burning through you. Scary huh?

We bake with my mother in law at the holidays.But it gets kind of silly sometimes.She likes to take the shortest route possible even buying the ready to make dry cookie pouches.I on the other hand like to do it all homemade.She usually supplies the ingredients so I can't complain too much.I always get my way and get to make as much as possible homemade.

Sew , So happy to hear your mother is 95 that's wonderful.I'm sorry to hear the OH test was so miserable.And it doesn't seem like it helped much.I m glad to hear you may find some relief and possibly a cure from proposed.

Thanks for the good wishes for my future.

Cindy ,RunFree and everyone else Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

Kate, did you have chicken pox when you were a kid? You don't think it's Shingles do you?

My eye is almost back to normal.It gets it dry and scales after the swelling goes down.

• justmejanis
    edited November 2013

Hi Josie, it is good to hear from you. I miss the many wonderful voices here when I stay away too long! It sounds like you love scratch baking as well. Lots of people take shortcuts out of time necessities but still I think everyone appreciates anything home baked. I hope your eye continues to improve!

The mole is on the opposite side of my back. BC on the right and the mole is kind of in my lower left back. So no, I don't see any connection with BC or the treatment. Sometimes we just are prone to other conditions you know?

Again Happy Thanksgiving to all. Just a few hours away for so many!

• joan811
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And Happy Hanukkah!

I wish you peace and love around your table and in your hearts.

I am thankful for the friendships found here.

Sew, Janis, glad to see you checking in...

Have a wonderful day...

Joan

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Hanukkah,everyone.  Time to count our blessings.  And eat. 

Joy, love, hope, peace to all.

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2013

Sew, my Barretts followup (other than finding the right proton pump inhibitor) was another scope in three years, recently done. The GI guy dashed in just before the procedure, asked how often I felt reflux.  I said a couple of times/month.  He said that's just about the verge.  Verge of what?  Verge of time to change the Rx.  The procedure showed no change, and the two biopsies were fine, so he hasn't said anything more about the meds, but my next scope is not until five years, so I guess all is fine.  I'm planning to call him and ask for more info on whether he thinks the Barrett's might have receded if I didn't have any reflux, but my suspicion is once you've got it, you've pretty much got it.

• MostlySew
    edited November 2013

Thanks Brookside. I'll let you know what my gastro guy says when I see him mid December. I think it will be much the same as yours. I'm surprised you're still getting reflux a couple times a month though...you might want to up those meds some. My MO indicated that the PPI's can actually "help heal" as he put it the Barretts, although I'm not sure that's what I've read about it. I think the key is just to watch it. I expect you're borderline as am I so I think they don't worry. Which is good. I won't either..... Happy Holiday..

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2013

It's not borderline.  It's Barrett's.  The key is to watch it so that if naughty cellular changes start happening, they can treat that.  Meanwhile, it's proton pump inhibitors and good dietary behavior. Your guy, with the extra test, might want to watch more carefully.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah. So unusual that Thanksgiving and Hanukkah coincide this year

Sew, thanks so much for the compliment. I try to be strong so I can live a little each day instead of dying a little each day. I am so glad your sister-in-law and Mom are doing ok.

Josie I did have chicken pox, and the doctors I saw yesterday said it was not shingles. Thanks for asking

I actually saw 4 doctors yesterday, and none of them know what is causing my rash. First I saw my pcp, and he wants me to have blood work to check my estrogen levels. He said it could be related to that. I will have that done one week from Friday. I told him I didn't like my dermatologist, and he got me into seeing a new one right after my appointment with him. The new dermatologist said a rash on my palms is unusual. He said he is not for sure what it is, but he is with a group of 5 other dermatologiasts, and he scheduled an appointment for me for Monday for all 6 dermatologists to look at my rash. I thought that was a wonderful idea. After that I went to dee my darling doctor friend Tracy to check my breast, and she said I do not have an implant infection. Then I went to see the dermatologist I don't like and basically she doesn't have a clue, but said it might be erythromalagia(spell). I checked that online and it says 90% of the time it affects your feet, and it isn't affecting mine. So, hopefully 6 dermatologists can figure this out on Monday

I am feeling so grateful today. I feel well inspite of having a rash. Constipation has subsided, and I no longer have cramps. My leg is swollen, but it doesn't hurt when I walk on it. My children and grandchildren are well. My daughter and two oldest granddaughters are at Disney in Florida to celebrate my daughter's birthday. So, all is good. I am so glad I feel well enough to shop till I drop tonight. Macy's and some other stores are opening at 8. So, even though my leg is swollen I am going to race around stores like an olympic champion.

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Kate, Happy Hanukkah and thanksgiving too.I'm glad you don't have shingles.When you mentioned shooting pains It just reminded me of the shingles.

That's great that your going to be seen by 6 dermatologist at once.What's bad is that it has your doctor's stumped.

I'm sorry you don't get to see your family for the holidays.But glad your getting in on some of the thanksgiving deals.Don't over do it ok?Smile

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
  • josie123
    edited November 2013

My beautiful Bookitty Its hard to believe I raised her from a newborn.
  • josie123
    edited November 2013

Stryper the kindest and most gentle creature in our house.
  • josie123
    edited November 2013

imageI'm thankful for my family this thanksgiving

My sister her dog and I .I'm thankful for her although she has to live so far away(Connecticut).This was at our cabin in the country.We used to go down there every weekend like it or not.We had some great memories down there.Playing in the creek and catching crayfish.
  • joan811
    edited November 2013

Another Thanksgiving in the books....my favorite holiday.

We made it to the parade in NY and it was amazing (first time for me).

We had an indoor party sponsored by Sprout channel with live entertainment, photo booth, activities (gingerbread houses) and all you could eat of brunch food, mimosas, and desserts.

Then back to DD#2 for dinner.

Kate, I completely forgot about "black friday" - I am so tired now, but I would have shopped on line.

Your rash IS strange....glad to hear they are consulting as a group. Rashes seem to be the mode here.

Brookside, so glad to hear your endoscopy returned no abnormalities. That is a good place to be.

Josie, I love your photo...nice that you can spend some time with your sister.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Happy Hanukkah ...thankful for y'all :)

Ah, the quite...dad&wife asleep in rv in driveway, dil&ds Black Friday ops, hubby&gs asleep in living room, and me with iPad curled up relaxing. Treat, dear Chinese friend &family asked if they could join us...family:) 13 yrs ago befriended college student to learn English & experience America...tonight she told my dad all about his pacemaker procedure next week...seems she works with his doc...it was the 1st time she has actively spoken up and talked talked talked in front of her husband :) becoming an American woman!

Joan - luv the new avatar :) savor the day...memories...beats Black Friday :)

Kate - sounds like a good drs day...rash rash go away watch the leg and enjoy RT at Macys:)

Josie - yeah, sisters :) homemade Holiday foods yummy! Cute cat:)

Brookside, Sew, Janis, RunFree, SAB, Wyo, GiGil shout outs...

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Joan,that sprout party sounded pretty fun.So glad you got to go.Did you have a Mimosa for me? That picture of my sister and I was actually taken a couple years ago. I wanted to tell you I have a niece that is a Graduate student in Ithicoth NY at Cornell university.She's the one dating the boy in Australia.I'm sure that's pretty far from you though.I also have two cousins that live in NY city.

Cindy, sounds like you had a great thanksgiving too.Which kitty did you like ?The all black one or the tuxedo?

We had a nice thanksgiving too my DD decided she would play cook all day and made us chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast,grilled cheese for lunch,and then even helped me peel potatoes for the mashed potatoes.Hubby worked all day but came home just in time to help with the food.The potatoes turned out really good but I didn't season them enough.I put them in my big crock pot and headed to my sister's.She only lives about 15 min away.I ate too much of course.It was good though.Hope everyone else had a great holiday.

• katehudson25
    edited November 2013

Josie, Joan and Cindy thanks for the support

Josie so glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving

Joan so glad you got to see the parade

Las night I went to the Mall at 8 and got home at 3am. I had fun, but my leg got so swollen waiting in lines that I was scared that i was going to drop dead in Macys. I thought for sure I was going to die in Old Navy. The checkout line was over 1 hour long, and I was on the verge of tears. Doc would be appalled that I pushed myself so hard. When I came home my leg hurt so much that I did cry. I slept on my sofa, because I can elevate my feet better. Today I feel much better, and so thankful to have found so many bargains. So, guess what I did today? You guessed it I was nuts enough to push myself again. I only went to two stores, and the lines weren't as long.Tonight I feel very cozy in a new comfortable nightgown,and cozy new slippers. God only knows I am addicted to shopping, but I should not have pushed myself so hard.

Cindy are all the boxes put away yet? I hope you are all warm and cozy.

• wyo
    wyo Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2013

holiday-shopping

Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” —Dr. Seuss

Thought this one might fit- found it on a site called becoming minimalist- I too ventured out and can only wish that I had gone to Macy's noooooo I want to Wal-Mart (said in a Jeff Foxworthy voice). Now mind you I love shopping and had already been to Safeway and 2 Walgreens earlier this day.

I am sure many of your are scratching your heads wondering why a seemingly sane person would do this.....ANTS!! I was not aware that when you see 1 ant in california you are already soooo screwed. Anyhoo I found the most fabulous ant bait that people swear by and you guessed it- in stock at my local Walmart- could I have possibly waited until 0500 this morning when Home Depot opened up??? well--NO I had to work today and the ants were not waiting.

I also was on line for an hour with my ant baits, swiffer and various and sundry cr@p. No cart- no basket they were all in use so it was awkward and my boob and my arm were killing me. I saw the most bizarre things like people in pajamas with socks and no shoes dragging big screen TVs around. I fear for the future of humanity. Long story short this ant bait called Terro is unbelievable- got home, made some green tea, opened up the little containers and WOW Sherman's March to the Sea. Made the whole thing worth it.

I am actually thankful I got out and had that crazy experience- made me feel alive, more normal and not focused on cancer who knew!

• MostlySew
    edited November 2013

wyo.....you go girl! GREAT story to tell the kids and grandkids some day! Glad you're feeling well enough to go do that anyway!

• josie123
    edited November 2013

Kate, you better rest now no more shopping .Ok?

Wyo, I've had ants before.But can't take the taro.I don't like getting my hands dirty.My mom uses it and sometimes it doesn't even work.We must have some stubborn here in the Midwest.You will notice a increase in the ant activity at first they like the taste but then they bring it back to the nest and supposedly die shortly after.I know of some natural ways to get rid of them.One is oatmeal they eat it and it expands in there stomachs killing them.About her is to find where they are coming in and use a line of chalk they won't or can't cross it.Sometimes I swear her house was built on an ant hill.People of Wal-Mart you got to luv it.Singing

That's something I'd find myself doing.It seems like every year we forget something for thanksgiving and have to run to the grocery store the night before.I find myself standing in lines flowing as far as the isles.This year my sweet hubby saved me from the chaos.He remembered the extra fried onions for the green bean casserole.

• joan811
    edited November 2013

Oh, I love the stories here...I get such vivid visuals of what is going on...such great writers you all are!!!

Just wanted to add that the promotional party event we went to was 100% sponsored and paid for by the Sproud channel...for NBC-Comcast parent network. My DD worked at NBC but since moving she is now a "client" and is still getting the perks. What struck me the most was the excessive nature of everything...it made my head spin.

Josie, I did have a mimosa and one for you (or was it 2 more?)

Cindy, love the play by play of the "turkey hangover" effect in your house....isn't it great to find a few moments of quiet to unwind after a busy holiday? Glad your guest family could talk (talk talk) to Dad about his procedure.

My DD took our photo (avatar) on the train going to NY...Miss wiggles and giggles wouldn't sit still for the camera.

Kate, You are a woman on a mission! I admire your shopping success...I can't do it any more...I just get so distracted and either buy many things I don't need or I get too confused to buy anything. I don't love crowds...

I am sorry that your leg misbehaved and I truly hope you feel better today. I hope you are relaxing and enjoying your cache of bargains. How's the rash?

Wyo, your photo is stunning and your quote is perfect for the season. love your Walmart observations.

My house is undermined by ants...they excavated beneath a cement entryway which cracked and sank in...now they are moving the sand between the pavers on my patio...

What's amazing is that you are recovering so well...so glad you are getting out and about. I hope your skin is in good shape and you are catching up on rest.

Josie, Ithaca is about 5 hours from me...it's beautiful and Cornell is a great school. Sometimes we SE NYers forget about the rest of the state .

Hi Sew...anyone else coming out of the TG turkey fog?