Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Joan, I'm in for a Foxwoods trip...let me know!

Josie, hubby and I loved Gravity too!

Welcome Jan....sounds like my sisters gave you great advice. Hope you get some relief soon.

Kate, you sound so much better! That little trip to the bathroom means so much more than we ever give it credit for. Chicago will be here before you know it!

Cindy, glad hubby is doing so well!!

Bunkie, hoping you are feeling a little better!

Run, have fun in PA and enjoy the weather! It is still so $#%^% cold here in the NE for this time of the year...makin me nutso!

Sew, how are you doing these days? You always cheer everyone else but was wondering about YOU!

Oh, btw, since we were talking about us late bloomers, I too went to school later in life and got my BA in my mid 40's! Worked full time and went to school full time and graduated  magna cum laude and that was my proudest achievment (other than my kids) in this life. Started a MSW program but had to leave due to money and a nasty divorce...maybe someday will finish for free as CT has free tuition to state schools for those over 62 on space available basis.

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2014

Kate, you sweet lady, you are MY hero, you have been through a tremendous amount and I feel that I have been pretty lucky all in all than many of the lovely ladies in here.  Yes, we all have issues, ups and downs, things that hurt and that are difficult, besides the BC that we all battle.  I think I have learned more about how strong I am in the past 4 months than I have my whole life, and I pale in comparison with you and many others in here.  But it helps to stay positive and find things to laugh at every day.  I have plenty of time alone at night to cry when I need to, so I hate to have a sad face in front of others. 

And yes keep moving -- to the music or whatever hah.

<3<3<3

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited March 2014

I'm definitely in for a Vegas trip. How fun to meet my bc sisaters in the city of sin. What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited March 2014

Kate, how are you feeling? Better?Wish I could afford a Vegas trip but probably not.

Hello to everyone.Sorry I haven't been on much.

They are messing with me a little at work lately.I won't go into it.

My hay fever was miserable last night.I probably sneezed like 10 times in a row.And I'm a violent sneezed.I could literally break a rib I sneeze so hard.Luckily I haven't.I m not taking anything for it yet but am considering.I've also read up on allergies to Tamoxofin and hay fever like symptoms are right there on the list.After sneezing so many times I was left feeling exhausted and shaky.I went to bed feeling like that.Restless night = not feeling great this morning.Sorry I didn't mean to go on about myself.

I see my BS this morning .I was supposed to see him for my yearly check up in January.I might mention the sneezing.I think I can take Zyrtec with Tamoxifen.I so wanted to just pop a couple Benadryl last night but that's a no no with Tamoxifen.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited March 2014

And here I was, thinking that as we hadn't heard anything about your job, Josie, that all was well.  No news ain't necessarily good news, I guess. 

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Josie, I grew up in a very tough neighborhood. Anyone you want me to "take care of" and I am there! Let me know....LOL

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Thanks April, I'll remember thatSmile

Brookside, I kind of figured that it wasn't exactly something everyone needed or wanted to hear about my job.But thanks for letting me vent once in a while.And I'm kind of afraid to talk too much about it since it is a public forum and They might see my comments.

• brooksidevt
    edited March 2014

More likely, Josie, it is our comments that would really get their goat/s.  You have been a model of understatement.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited March 2014

Josie - Maybe your new haircut has thrown your office into a tailspin...the dark side again...

Hope BS appt  goes well...sneezy...allergies...everything is in bloom! Post the new haircut!

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited March 2014

Josie, my MO told me occasional Benadryl is OK, and Zyrtec is absolutely yes.  So sorry you're still being bumped around at work.  Nobody deserves that!  

April, that's awesome about state tuition being free when you're over 62.  In NH, land of frugality (we're 50th in support for public higher ed, and if we doubled the funding, we'd still be 50th!), you have to be 75 to get that perk.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

RunFree, Cindy, Brookside, thanks for the support.It all boils down to my Bone Density schedule needs to get a lot fuller or my office manager could cut my hours even more.In order to do that I should be calling patients to remind them if their over due and are coming in for an appointment already(wellness visit) This apparently was discussed with me a long time ago at a meeting.I do not remember this meeting.Then my manager and office manager are telling me completely opposite thing.One says call patients the other no I shouldn't.My manager says she thinks my Office manager would let me go back to coming in on Tuesday and Thursday my office manager says no.Oh and the best part I'd my manager is . Out of town this week.So I can't even call her on it.Also she said she's noticed for the past 3 weeks I just don't seem to into my job anymore.Really ?Scared

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited March 2014

well.... My mom (age 95) just signed up for a class thru Sonoma State.  it's at a satellite campus and she's paying $80 for 6 2 hour lectures.   Guess this state school doesn't have any discount admissions for the elderly.  Or...hmmmm....maybe I should check in to that for her.

• katehudson25
    edited March 2014

Sew it is so woinderful that your mom is able ro take classes at her age. She is an inspriration

Josie I so wish you could afford as trip to vegas, and then win enough there to tell all of your ignorant, obnoxious superiors where they can go 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited March 2014

Hello everyone!  Just flying by…I'm so sorry I've been absent but I've been thinking about you all and dipping in here and there to make sure everyone is ok.  Work is nuts, and life is too, and I guess that's better than being bored!  (Although it would be nice to be bored for just a  while :-)) Going to the doctor now--decided to change MOs as I move into this next stage of care.  My vote is Las Vegas, I'll start saving my pennies now.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Kate, I'm right there with you on that one.I was so ready to just hang it up and quite right now.I am just done.Today was the icing on the cake.I try to defend myself in billing dept and They accused me of throwing them under the bus any chance I get.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

BTW Vegas sounds so good now.

• katehudson25
    edited March 2014

Josie I think   a I'll show them and have a great time in Vegas, in spite of  you is perfect right now. The fall is ideal for Vegas. Not too hot, and not too cold the perfect time to clean them out of chiips. Sab youwill help us to just do that.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited March 2014

hi all 

You meet i will come!

Am in Florida with Dd for Yankees spring training.  Having a great time.

We had private party autographs with yankees.  I am spoiled!

DD and Mark Texeira and Me

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Joan, nice picture, enjoy spring training!!

Kate, don't temp me so much!! You know I can't afford it.

• MostlySew
    edited March 2014

Joan,

Your daughter is beautful and looks just like a younger you.  And look at that smile.  I'm glad she got to go and you have company.

Sab.....  of course you want to come party....bring it on!

Kate, yep my Mom's an inspiration all right.  Of course, she'll probably sleep thru at least half the lecture each time, but she's loving it and getting out and about.....  That's the key, right?

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited March 2014

Hi,
    Las Vegas sounds like it could happen!
    Of course, I go anywhere....
    SAB, always good to see you!  Come by more often.
    Will be in Sfo area in May again.

Sew, your mom is definitely an inspiration!  Woud love to hear more about her.

Happy spring week end...
    joan

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited March 2014

Hi everyone.  I just finished catching up with everyone.  I left for Minnesota on March 15 to attend my granddaughters ice skating show.  It took me a few days to drive from Minneapolis to the border of Minnesota and North Dakota, because there were Wicked March blizzards in my path.  I stopped to stay in our house halfway, and the water pipes were frozen!  I ended up in a motel room for two days.  My hubby stayed there as well, since he was between shifts.  He just had to mention I should go back to Florida, and I was on a plane early Wednesday.  I am happily back in my apartment here.  Joan, if I remember, you are in Tampa area right?  I haven't been over there, but people complain about the traffic between here and there.  How long will you stay?  Sunday's weather is supposed to be spectacular.  I am going to see The Lovin' Spoonful at EPCOT that day.  Today I went to the movie Noah at Downtown Disney.  

Kate, so glad you are tapering and pooping!  Yay for that!  I am so glad you are planning to go to Chicago.

Bunkie you have had a long, cold, lonely winter.  I am so glad you are having better times and that more will be coming, as well as some spring weather.  

Cindy, it sounds like your hubby is on the mend, thank goodness.

Josie, bet your haircut is just fine.  I need to find someone to give me a color and cut soon.  I need!

Hi to everyone else.  I am in for Vegas.  Sounds like a fun idea.  

Woo! Hoo!  I walked 8600 steps today.  More tomorrow!

• katehudson25
    edited March 2014

wELL IF IT ISN'T ONE THING IT IS SOMETHING ELSE. i WENT TO SLEEP AROUN 8 ISH HAVEING A NAP. i WOKE EUP INTO EVERY TV SCREEEN HAVING A BREAKING NEWS OF AT LEASTN30 AFTERSHOCKS REPORTERD. tHE ONLY TV STASIONS YOU VAN GET ARE ABOUT EARTHQUAKES

• MostlySew
    edited March 2014

Kate,  At least you slept thru it.  Doesn't look like it was a very bad one, fortunately.  We've got enough out here with this massive slide in Washington.

Joan, let me know the date....I'll be there.  And, doesn't Wyo live in the East Bay?  Where is she anyway, stuck in Colorado, back working too hard?  She could possibly join us too.  Sab.....you're just going to have to play hooky or we'll have an all night get together and you won't have to miss work at all.  Of course, you'll have to sleep all day to make up for it.....

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited March 2014

Kate after shocks 13 hours ago.  Are you okay?

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited March 2014

Kate, I heard those were some doozy aftershocks in some spots.  Hope none of your knick-knacks (do you know the work chachkas?) broke!

Joan, May!  Keep me posted please!

Sew, I am planning on some hookie, or at least requesting some of the massive amounts of comp time I'm accumulating, though weekends remain the best option for me.  I think we have a few CA girls here...

Josie, I feel bad that you are having problems still.  It sounds like such a dysfunctional office.  I am working like a crazy person, but at least I have some support.

I had yesterday off, and made good use of it…working out, doctors appts., paying bills.  Costco today, and then some writing and baking.  Ahhhhh.

• brooksidevt
    edited March 2014

I'm up for the Vegas trip more or less any time. Does it matter if it's hot in August?  In other words, I've never been much of a traveller and have no idea whether Vegas is somewhere we'd want to spend time outdoors or just scurry from one airconditioned place to another?

Josie, it sure sounds like your manager is having just about as tough a time as you.

It's finally above freezing today and the joys of mud season are starting.  No daffodils, just mud. 

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited March 2014

Hi y'all

Whew...flew out at noon yesterday...DIL in Brea said it was a earthquake was a shaker...:( now taking off at LAX, DS laughed said it was shaking sense into us TX want to B  ... return to SoCal...my sisters girls are flying into SF for week visit to show off new baby daughter and big sis to grandparents...golden gate park and cliff house...family ran shops there many many years.

Kate - be careful movement is good but not shaking...enjoy your weekend.  When is Chicago?

Josie - ugh:( recycle can, glass, whatever...road trip west is due! What a crazy office:(((

GiGil - fun fun...we will be headed east middle to late April...lovin spoonful...what a day for a daydream...better go home and make up your mind:) waving my lighter...enjoy the ice show!

Joan - beautiful pic:))) enjoy the game!

Brookside - Las VEGAS Is HOT in the summer...that's why it's a cheap ticket! 110+ SoCal much better:)

Sab&Sew - you've got nice weather...wine country and big city fun!

April - very nice...incentive to go back to school...besides stimulating...how's the breast did you get an answer?

RunFree -when is your race...how's training...when's the next Spring dress pic :)

Bunkie - everything is blooming here...how's your Spring!  Sunshine:) guests:) no water in basement!

Ok, seriously tomorrow I've got to hit all the mail held for a month and finish package to accountant...ugh lost a whole month on hubby's hernia...you will see bright sunshine Thursday...I'm going kayaking...maybe not 4 hours, but lake time is soon!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Brookside, SAB,Cindy,Gigil,Kate, thanks for the support.

Busy Saturday again...Spent way too much$$$$ again.Buyers remorseShocked

Dear hubby decided to surprise us( my youngest DD and I )by taking us to the furniture store.Oops!! He promised her a bed like 2 yrs ago.Well guess what we ended up getting today? OUCH.Still getting over it.It may take a few days before I get over this one.We live and learn I guess.DD is not happy mommy was so remorseful about spending that much in one shopping trip.

Tommorow, we get away to the country.Yay!! I love the country it's so peaceful.

Friday night I got a message from someone that received my resume.Pray it turns out for me.It was too late to call them back but I'll call Monday.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

BTW, someone asked me about how my appointment with my BS went.Everything was good I did tell him that it is still very painful to sleep on that side .He said it takes a while and thinks it will subside soon.