Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2014

Hi y'all

Kate - are you moving regularly now?   Packing?  When is the big trip?  Sending good vibes your way!

April - ugh:( AI have been so hard on you and now BP meds geez:( journal your body and SEs  hope your AI vacation brought some relief.  When is the wedding and baby?  We want pics!

Joan - did you get an answer to your lump? Stay feeling better:) New lap top...ugh doing taxes.  I worked hard getting ours together before hubby's surgery, waited for mail to catch up, sent last Tue to accountant, and done! GRRR DVD turbo tax eating lap top...sledgehammer please!

SAB - yippee! Promise of going away to college and visiting and selecting....just how far away to go...too much fun...glad the writing muse is with you:)

Janis - hope reflux problems calm and resolve.  GiGil's advice is great!

GiGil - when will you head north?  June? Have you gone down or up the new 7dwarft ride?

Josie - cute haircut:) diva shot:D backyard police GRRR :( understand the frustration...our hoa gives handout on fire hazard  as I accepted I showed her a pic of my backyard...dead tree limbs looks like it's ready for a TX A&M bonfire...they look say yes we must remove immediately...I show other angles and let them know it's on their side of common greenbelt along creek bed..they were out that week...ha! A good thing...I like knowing that there is some enforcement to keep property values up...but understand it should not be done just to flex muscles or egos or raise $$$ for local coffers. 

Sew - wow, you are the calm in adversity...the fabric party on schedule:). Our new home feels like a tree house...everything bloomed this past week..,so green...so much pollen...storm thundered through the other night hubby rushed out to move the truck in...didn't want branches or hail to get his baby!

Diane - your code enforcement is busy:)..; you can come work in my yard any day:) SoCal doesn't have snakes..,I'm terrified to really garden for fear of a rattler in my veggie or flower beds:(

Percy - what we do to keep our girls...after lx less tissue so a size change...did take months for swelling to go down...she's perky smaller but all mine!

Bunkie - Spring is here!  No more snow:) hope vertigo is better!

Excited...Casting for Recovery...than Relay for Life!  So much to be thankful....hubby is 3 weeks post hernia and doing better each day. His belly really looks purple, yellow, green, pretty nasty with 3 holes but healing!  Hip Hop...time for the Bunny Hop!  What's your fav Easter/Spring/Passover candy...yeah organic healthy goodies!

Missing some voices...shouting out to all!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2014

Cindy, you are amazing and I don't know how you find time to acknowledge everyone. The wedding is this Saturday and the baby is due in October.

Josie, love love your haircut!

Everyone else, xoxo! Especially Kate..hope you have gotten some relief!

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2014

Brookside, thanks for the compliment on the haircut,and the hints on the yard work.I know it's not personal but I take it personally when we get those notices

Diane, boy I'm glad I don't have to deal with your city inspector.They sound relentless.

April thanks for the compliment on the haircut too.Sorry to hear you have High blood pressure.And that you have to go back on the Aromasin.Hope the dizziness subsides soon.

Cindy, Thanks for your compliment about the haircut.

Hope you have fun at your upcoming events you keep yourself busy.Sounds like your backyard police got a taste of their own medicine.

Hope everyone had a good Monday.Thanks for all the support about the yard DH and I will finish the cleanup tommorow hopefully.I will try to post a after pic to show everyone the finished product.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited April 2014

RMlulu and Josie - they are relentless just like our local cops. The good news is we don't have a lot of crime in Collierville; the bad news is we don't have a lot of crime so Collierville's finest pull you over for everything...rolling stop, playing music too loud...and on and on. The vast majority of them aren't very friendly either - they gather like a swat team on the least little thing. Our HOA is strict too...you cannot have an a/c in your window visible from the street and if you don't roll in your green monster(trash can) the next day after pickup you get fined $10. Okay that's not a lot of money but still...I appreciate the effort to get the value of our homes where they should be but sometimes they are over the top. Haha no RM no can do cleaning up your backyard if you have snakes. I am terrified of them. I used to leave in Louisiana where they were everywhere. A neighbor down the street from us had a son who was always catching them and putting them down our backs...gross.

Oh and this is for the procrastinators like me...haven't done my taxes yet. Why? Because we are most likely going to have to pay in again so why hurry. Our choice but still painful. My daughter is a CPA and she is going 24/7 right now doing tax work. Not a fun time of year for accountants.

You guys are so cool how you keep up with each other. You have the most interesting conversations and sound the most compassionate. Diane

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2014

Josie, nice haircut! 
    April, so sorry to hear you have yet another pill to pop...as far as the AI drug (Femara for me) the SEs are not terrible...they come and go...but I often wonder who I would be if I did not have to take them.  My biggest complaint is rapid aging of skin.  Sometimes I don't recognize myself. 
    Keep monitoring the BP .. if it normalizes, it could be low with the pills. 

Kate, how are you feeling? 

Janis?  what's going on with the reflux options?  Hope you are feeling OK.

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2014

Sorry I am behind on some of the posts. Thanks so much for the support. Josie I love your hair cut you look terrific. April sorry you need bp pills. .

I still have not been feeling great. One minute it is constipation and today I had diarrhea all day. I also had an appointment at doc;s with blood tests. Some kidney test is too high. I am needing to take a kidney ultrasound at the hospital. The hospital is calling tomorrow to book it. I need to have it before my trip. If there is something wrong I will need to have the stint put back in. Also I am slightly anemic. My doctor thinks it could be because of my k8idneys. If I am anemic I will just need to take iron. Neither situation is bad and can be taken care of before my trip.

Then as soon as I come back from my trip my doctor wants ct scans before I start chemo. I see doc only a few days after I get back, so I guess then the rush for chemo will be on. I am not going to think about chemo until after I get back. I plan on spending the next two weeks getting ready for my trip. I have been in the house so much that I am terribly pale, so I will either go to a regular tanning bed or get spray tans. Then I  want to buy a couple of new outfits, shoes, and some jewelry. Then the day before I leave I am having my hair colored and cut, and extensions put in. If. Worse comes to worse and the extensions don't make my hair look full enough I will just wear the wig over the extensions. It's not that I have to look great I just don't want to look sickly, and probably because I look pale and tired I look sickly. Thank God my grandkids don't care they just want to know what I am going to buy them at the mall lol. I can't wait to hug them.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited April 2014

Hi everyone,

Have had computer issues for about a week. Have a friend coming to check it out. I am starting to believe my house is jinxed. I got the insurance to fix a few issues and then will be gone 3 weeks for the plumbing stufff and getting the carpets cleaned. I have a split wall, leaking dormer, flooding flat roof  and kitchen leak from the flatroof. So that I am ready for but the last 3 days my 4 year old GE fridge has been running warm. Went in the freezer part yesterday and the stuff was starting to unthaw. I am having power outage flashbacks. Lost 1200 worth of organic food with that. I now have to get a repair man for this. Is it my imagination or are we buying appliances a lot more in a shorter time than before? I have a house full of new stuff and it just seems to be a poor quality. My flatscreen TV gets a blue screen after 2 hours in the bedroom. They say it is cheaper to replace this stuff than fix it. Our landfills are just filling up. Sometimes I just can not see the forest for the trees. Can not wait till a broken fridge is someone elses issue.

Kate - I really hope you get your body acting right before you go to Chi town. Are you still taking less of the opids? Could be your body trying to adjust also. Withdrawl can be awful. Sounds like you are getting ready with the wardrobe. You will look great no doubt. You always do.

Janis - I too have reflux if I eat certain foods. I love peanut butter but not anymore. I had a scope back in Nov and he found a small hernia, acid reflux and some inflammation. No ulcer or infection stuff. I sleep with 3 pillows and wake up stiff at times. I wanted a adjustable bed but the ones I have been looking at are all foam or temp a pedic and I am sensitive to that material. So much for that idea. Gigil had some good tips for that.

Joan - I too am dealing with awful dry, aging skin. Started with rads for me. before that I had no real issues. I can tell the rads is still giving me grief...thanks to my other stuff. My RO said I could take years to get back to my new normal. I have been using the aquaphor on my neck and it is helping the chicken thing I got with rads. Who knew?

Josie - I missed the haircut. Will have to go back and read more. I am 3 pages behind. I bet it is cute. I am so tempted to cut mine all off but I have a long neck. Not really wanting to look like a turkey.

Cindy - Glad you hubby is better. Nope the vertigo is still front and center. Just call me a dizzy broad.

• BUNKIE10
    edited April 2014

Gemini - I have had my brain scanned, my ears, eyes and nose tested. I have been to the vestibular center at U of Mi for a test I will not repeat again. Spinning in chairs with goggles on and blinking lights etc. They found nothing conclusive. They even did that epply manuver where they flip you to fix the loose ear crystals. had that done 3 times in the last 4 years. I am strting to think it is a side affect of the steroids and I can not get off of them...they tell me.

April - lets hope that is not a side affect that you will keep with your new drug because it is miserable. In my case there is nothing I can substitute for the steroids. Might be another drug in your case.

Edwards - speaking of rodents. I only got mice 1 year. My neighbor moved and in his garage was about 3 years of newspapers and magazines. When he started moving boxes and bags there were about 100 mice in there and they ran all over the neighborhood getting into other houses. I was lucky to get only 3 and we caught them fast. After searching the house we closed off a tiny window they got into because of the screen being torn. When we had the power outage a dear friend offered me her house with a basement bedroom. Not really my cup of tea but I was desperate. I have never seen so much stuff...papers, books, clothes etc and she had mice also. Ugh. I hate nice, ants and bees.

The left side is where my surgery and rads was. Although I had two surgeries I am big busted and did not notice much change in my breasts. A little over a year now since rads and I notice my clothes on the left side hang different. If I wear a t shirt it always hangs lower to the left and the neck is off center. I can only wear soft stretch bras still or I get pain. Anyone else with that issue?

Josie - now I see the haircut. It is really cute.

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited April 2014

hi bunkie,

I also have to wear a stretchy bra-one with very little support feels best.  Even the champion bras I used to wear for  tennis are uncomfortable.  I think it's the blood vessels being damaged by radiation that causes the redness and pain.

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Bunkie- Mice gross! Several years ago east Memphis was infested with rats. My brother lived in east Memphis and he said he would see the Willard types(for those of you who don't know there was a movie about a rat named Willard)running up the sidewalk. Ugh. I would have lost it if I had seen all those mice. Kate - feel better and have fun in the Windy City. My nephew lives there. I have 8 grandchildren and just found out we will be grandparents again! 2 live in Memphis, 2 in Arkansas and 4 in Chattanooga. I had my first child as a teenager(not very smart) and last one in my 30s. Oldest one graduates from high school next month, yikes I feel old! 

• joan811
    edited April 2014

Kate, I think it's a great idea to get some things for your trip.  Just try to get the digestive issues under control...and worry about the rest when you get back.  You are right about the grandkids...we spoil them and love it but they do expect more.  that doesn't bother me...I am sure they will be thrilled to see you.  Stay well...

Bunkie, AGREE on the appliances.  My GE Profile was maybe 4 years old?  Last summer it kept warming.  The ice maker was not turning...I didn't care about the ice but called the repair guy.  He came and fridge was cooling again so he worked on the ice maker.  After $600 (about half the cost of a new one) we still did NOT have an ice maker.  He wanted to keep going with trial and error.  We let it go...lived without ice in the door.  In February, it shut down the cooling again.  I said "that's it" no more...and went and bought a new refrigerator.  Well, right after we arranged delivery, the "not so old" one started running OK again.  So we got rid of a beautiful refrigerator after a few years even though it was running that day.  So frustrating...  There is something wrong with the products we buy.

oK will catch up more soon...bed time....work in the morning which is going to be here in fewer than 6 hours.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Bunkie, Joan and Josie thanks for the support. Josie I really think your new hair-do is a perfect collegiate type for you. You look like a doll. Sorry about repetiitive compliments, but that is what drugs will do to you. 

I never looked so bad, as I do now,  in my entire life,, and Thank God today i am even feeling better. When I feel better I like to stay up. I don't think I've had 4 hour sleep a night for at least two weeks.. As I mentioned in yesterday's post I am anemic, and I think that is making me look like hell. My doctor doesn't just want to give me iron pills, He want to give me iron infusiions. That is fine with me just bring it on so I can look decent for my trip At yesterday's appointment he also said I had kidney numbers that are too high. I had the kideney stent taken out a few weeks ago because of the surgery and it looks like they were taken out too soon. Doc said it is no big deal. It doesn't hurt to put them back in. I just want them put back in before I go to Chicago. I need a kidney ultrasound first and there was a glitch today. I am hoping I can at least have the ultrasound done this week.

Vent, vent and more venting it is Thursday now, and only 19 days left to get stuff done. I thought 2 weeks would give me enough time, but I forgot aboutt emergencies. Now I am forgetting to be grateful. Thank God Thank God I feel well att 12:36 am Thursday morning.. Thank God there are only 19 days left to see my cutie ganootie grandchildren. Joan it doesn't bother me at all that after your grandchildren get a ton of gifts from you they still want more. That's a kid for you, and I can't wait to be surrounded by kids. Even darling greedy kids, Now if they were my kids I would not over shower them with gifts. I am so lonely for them I will have to let my chioldren deal with this.

As for me taking less Opids yes I am. Nothing mirculous, but I have gone from 80 mg of Oxycodone a day to 60 mg of oxycontins in 2 weeks, I am on hold from withdrawal now till I come back from my trip.

The biggest problem I have now is my right leg. I am almost unable to walk at all. Gosh this trip could not have been taken any later. Thank God my physical therapist is coming tomorrow. Just about the minute I get back I have appointments for immediate ct scans and an appointment with him on May 3 As much as I despise chemo if it will help keep me walking I am all for it. Right after chemo I am scheduled for a clinical trial. Then another good rest with a quicker trip to Chicago.

Thanks for letting me vent. If I sound miserable I am not feeling miserable. I am grateful that I feel ok and more than stoked that my trip is in 19 days

Love,

Kate

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Geez I hope I did not lose my previous long post

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Another stroke of luck I did not lose it Yeah!, Now Oscar Pitorius is on the stand, and I have zero sympathery for him at all.His story isw so full mof holes if it wasn't him killing her then it must of been me

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2014

Joan, I went through the icemaker thing several years ago.  It was the first time I'd had one of those things and I was really excited.  It worked for a couple of months.  Then I had the repairman, then it stopped working again.  Eventually I just removed all the parts and have all that nice extra space to store things until the feezer burn indicates it is time to throw them out.  (I am the world's worst manager of frozen stuff.)  I have never had a self-cleaning oven that self-cleaned, and the bottom of my dishwasher rusted out and leaked all over the floor.  Liquid steel, or whatever they call it, fixed that.

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2014

It's been a while since you've really enjoyed all the girly stuff, Kate, and it's wonderful to read about you shopping and having your hair done.  I assume nails are next.  Once you're in Chicago, you won't have to walk--just sit still (with your leg up, of course) and spoil the grandies while your kids spoil you.  Oh, and maybe the grandkids will spoil you a bit too.

Bunkie, your avatar is small, but I'm having a really hard time imagining you looking like a turkey! 

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2014

Found a new glitch in the system.  I tried three times to send my somewhat lengthy post (by now I know to hit "copy" before I submit), so I broke it up into two parts.  Part one went just fine, so it pasted part two, hit submit, and it didn't go anywhere.  Seems there is a rule against posts following too quickly. 

• BUNKIE10
    edited April 2014

Brookside - haha that is me hiding my turkey neck looking down.

Kate - my mom had that iron onfusion. Helped her a lot. She had kidney disease and always seemed to be anemic.

Joan - mine is a GE side by side but I can tell it is going to be a problem.It seems everything in this house started to act up when it was shut down for 6 days during the power outage.My dad used to say that the key to old houses was to keep them running all the time because once you stop using stuff it breaks. Moms Cold spot fridge was 25 years old and worked fine till they were no longer here and I stopped using it so much. I already replaced the furnace, water heater, fridge, stove and some other stuff.

Soooo the fridge came back on last night it seems and I woke up to it running normal. I am keeping the appt with Sears just to look at it because I do not trust it. I have a big freezer in the basement I will store most stuff in till I get back from my trip. Not much in the fridge either. Play it safe...I am tired of loosing food. Then today I go to the store and come home to 1/2 my house without power. So I called my handyman and he came and reset a breaker or something. Good grief it just never stops. Venting about this house but that is nothing new.

We have actual sun today. Yeah. My new yard guy is going to be starting the flower beds tomorrow. First thing he said was why is there so much mulch? My handyman/gardener loves that stuff and is choking out all my flowers. Every year I would say we did not need that much mulch and he would argue about how good it is for the weeds in the beds. He is no longer my yard man.

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

kate - totally agree with you about OP. I just can't fathom someone resorting to that kind of violence no matter what the fight was about. His version is so lame. Come on why would a burglar be in the bathroom to begin with...okay I need to use the bathroom and then I will rob you and the very one in your room? And who shoots someone through the bathroom door no matter who you think it is? He had to go over to her side to get the gun so he knew she wasn't there and what about the neighbor who heard them fighting? He has a bad temper and was very jealous. What a sad story. She was a beautiful lady. I think he may elicit sympathy with his emotional displays but he still gets convicted IMO.

Bunkie - we have sun today too - yea in the 70's! We don't have a yard man - husband and I are the yard men...haha. We use mulch too and we overbought the first few times but finally figured out how much we would need. Some experts say it draws termites esp if its in the beds near the house but we have been using it for 20 years and never had a problem. Do you like the red mulch? I don't - black looks richer. Several neighbors are cutting their lawns already. We don't need to yet and once you start...we have all summer to cut the grass. I usually do the front and back yard...backyard is huge but good exercise and I need more of that. Husband does the edging. Haven't mastered that yet. We do have a lawn service to treat weeds, etc. We tried that on our own and couldn't get control of the yard. They are really good, yard looks great and they are reasonable.

Diane

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2014

Good morning ladies.  I don't really have any news but wanted to check up on everyone. 

Bunkie, I hate it that so many things to be going wrong with the house.  When we bought our house in Wyoming it was a huge money pit.  I loved it though and fortunately my DH is really handy so we did all the actual labor.  We put in beautiful hardwood floors, not cheap but we could afford it back then.  Made so many upgrades and it was so nice.  Then we had to move!  Anyway I hope that things just get better.  Oh and I agree with Brookside, you are a beautiful lady from what I can see, and I also don't picture you with a turkey neck.

Cindy thanks for thinking of me and my GI issues.  I wish I could find something that helps.  Medication wise I have taken them all to no avail.  I am happy your DH is healing so well.  Love that rainbow of bruising colors, LOL.

April I am assuming they are giving you Lisiniprol?  I take a small dose of it once daily, but it is to protect my kidneys.  So many meds have more than one purpose.  I saw my primary, Kara, a couple weeks ago and my BP was 90/77.  Even before Lisiniprol it was never high so that was good.  I so hope it helps you.

Edwards sorry you have to pay taxes this year.  Hopefully it will not be too big a bite.  We live on my DH's SS, he took it at 66.  No more taxes for us, we don't even have to file.

Joan, I am fine Sweets!  I keep up with all of you I am just bad about posting.  I feel for all of you with appliance problems.  It does seem like everything these days is disposable.  I grew up when they had TV repair shops!  Now you just replace, it amazes me how nothing seems to last long these days.  Pretty sad.  I am so happy you are able to see your kids and grandkids.  I have one grandson in Wyoming.  I have not seen him for three years!  His mother and my son are divorced and she is a very angry and vindictive person. I send him gift cards for his birthday and Christmas and never get a reply.  When I call it goes to voicemail and she doesn't call back.  The whole situation is heartbreaking.

Posting this now since so many have had problems.  I'll finish with another one.

• justmejanis
    edited April 2014

Okay I am back, my post is safe.  Happy it went through.  I have lost several as well.  So annoying!

Kate, you poor thing.  I feel so badly about your leg, and all of the other problems.  I can imagine how frustrated you are with all of this.  Still your spirit remains strong despite so many setbacks.  You have something wonderful to focus on, seeing your family will be so good for all of you.  I bet they can't wait.  I forget how long you are staying there?  It will be so healing.  Make sure when you are packing and getting ready to leave the cancer at home!  Take a vacation from it and just enjoy the special time.  I am happy that you are strong enough to make the trip.  Wishing you much joy in the weeks ahead.

Joan I forget that my 60th birthday bang will more likely be a bust.  I don't want to say too much here, I am not sure I will be able to go to Colorado.  It was my idea, I have never, ever requested a party but for some reason this one seems very important.  I had no fuss on my 30th or 40th or 50th, but I wanted this one to be special.  We'll see.  It is complicated, of course.

Brookside I could never live without my icemaker!  I drink ice water all day and night.  I have one of those big 'Bubba' mugs and it goes everywhere with me.  I go through so much ice.  Then in the warmer temps I also drink ice tea.  Tons of ice for me!  I would make a lousy pioneer.  Some things I could care less about, I have never owned an electric can opener and don't want one.  Just don't mess with my ice maker!

My primary called to let me know the referral has been made to the gastro doc.  She said they should call me within a week.  So still waiting for the consult.  I will ask a lot of questions, I listen to your advice.  I don't look forward to another surgery, but if it takes this away I will be thrilled.  The other night I was very queasy.  We ate dinner about 3:00, the queasiness wouldn't go away.  I went to bed about 10:00.  I prop myself up with pillows always and also use one of those 'dorm' pillows.  I was so miserable and about midnight started vomiting.  Sorry to be graphic, but the horrible acid taste was unreal and so potent.  This has been going on for months now.  This is why I lost 23 pounds since last October.  Clearly either the hiatal hernia has gotten bigger or the GERD has gotten worse.  My primary did say the gastro surgeon will repair the hernia during the other procedure.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary.  No plans other than going to garage sales.  Silly me, I love them and so does DH so it makes us happy.  I love getting things dirt cheap, it is fun!  Last year we bought a Baker's Rack for the kitchen.  It was old, paint worn off, but structurally it was in great shape.  My kitchen walls are neutral, but I love red so I have all those red/black chef accessories.  DH painted it red and black, love it.  Post is going.......love to all!

• joan811
    edited April 2014

Happy Anniversary, Janis...I think yard sales is a great way to spend the day.  I love them too...I just have too much stuff so I don't stop.  It's tempting though.  Hoping you feel better soon.  I agree, your birthday should be a big deal...I hope it can be.  We may just have to have a BCO reunion out your way :-D

I am off to a Yankee Red Sox game right after work.  I wasn't sure about going, but yup, I will...first trip to Yankee Stadium this year.  Heck, I feel I know the guys personally, after my little autograph session.
    (just kidding)...am sitting up high this time.

Kate, I hope the PT helps the leg.  Have you arranged for wheel chairs to get you to baggage to meet your family?  Or can they get a gate pass?  I know you will work out all the details and your trip will be the best time in a long time. 

It's my Dd's birthday...39...I will call her but will probably celebrate at Easter when we are together.

Enjoy the day!  I hear it's nice outside...it was very chilly this morning when I drove to work.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2014

Hi y'all

Just popping in :D

Kate - sending (((hugs))) for your body to feel great by trip time...counting down:) grand kids...spoiling:))) isn't that what being a grandma is all about...special memory making!

Janis - Happy Anniversary!  Ooo who 60 is a great time...celebrate you deserve a party...make your own photo DVD...the best of Janus:)

Joan - batter up...peanuts, cracker jacks...keep your eye on 1st base:)

Bunkie - mice ugh:( sunshine flowers:) we've redone 2 homes...don't even want to discuss new appliances and reliability...

Diane - yes, professional lawncare!...now that I don't have a riding lawn mower and there is a creek and wild wild open space....not gonna do much...do feel guilty my 84 yr widow mows her yard in increments over 3 days...I'll send our lawn guy next month to trim her bushes back...a surprise treat...just not right seeing her out there with a saw. 

April - enjoy the wedding!  Don't cry when you dance with your baby on the dance floor ....gosh they grow up to fast...congrats mil:D

Gotta check out where the neighbor lives that invited us over for drinks this evening...online directory whew

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2014

Bunkie, perhaps you could think "swan" rather than "turkey?"

Ahhh, the joys of lawn service.  On Long Island, I had beautiful green grass, fertilized, chemicalized, and looking just like all  the neighbors' lawns.  When I moved to Vermont, I walked into a garden center and asked for grass seed.  The guy asked, "Do you have lawn or short meadow?"  Short meadow it was, and is, and will be.  Virtually no weeding or fertilizing or seeding.  Not so beautiful, but blessedly labor and budget friendly so I can spend all my outdoor time in my perennial gardens.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Good afternoon everyone.Sorry I've been somewhat absent lately.Tuesday we worked hard hauling stuff from the wet basement.And decided to recycle some of it like the old swing set the dryer that's broke and just sitting in the basement etc....Well I have no upper body strength and really struggled to help DH get that dryer up the steps.It just about killed me.We also turned all the aluminium cans we had .We got more for 2 big old bags of cans($13) then we did for all the recycling big items .Apparently they weigh the vehicle when you come in then you dump the stuff out and They weigh your vehicle again$19 later.But then all the other stuff had to go to the dump.Well that was $64.Anyway long story short we got rid of a lot of stuff and the yard looks better.I had an interview today.It was downtown in the city and its a health-care clinic serving low income people and some homeless.I was her nervous but think I did ok.Some of the scenarios they come with and ask you how you would handle it.And they may let me work as an M A too.The position is for a referral coordinator.In charge of all In coming referrals for patients.But it's full time M-F 8:30-5:00 or 8:00-4:30  and pays $2 more a hour than what I'm making now.

BUNKIE, speaking of mice.My oldest DD was going camping this weekend.Well she wanted to borrow her dad's suburban.It had lots of old clothes and stuff in the back he starts cleaning it out and finds mouse poop.Yes a field mouse had taken up residence in my husband's vehicle.You talk about gross.Well remember he works at a automotive shop and parks it in the storage lot.It was essentially built on a field.I guess he left a window open.I helped her clean out the vehicle while her Boyfriend Sat in the front seat on his butt.He didn't help hardly at all.It really ticked me off.If it was my BF I would have gave him a good swift kick in the@!#. Sorry but she deserves better.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Kate, thanks for the compliment about the haircut.Best of luck to you.I hope they get that stent in ok.Now the iron is a different situation.I've been anemic all my life on and off.I've never had iron infusions but had to take the pills.They can be very constipating.It's a well known fact.I'm worried about you considering your already problems with constipation without iron.But it must be dangerously low.Chemo can cause anemia.Isn't there other options besides iron ? My good friend and neighbor was very anemic from chemo and the gave her some kind of shots I think.It wasn't iron though.

• justmejanis
    edited April 2014

Josie I sure did not mean to leave you out.  Meant to tell you I love your new haircut.  Very cute!  Glad you got so much stuff hauled away.  I know it feels good to clean things up.  It is a lot of work but it sure feels good in the long run.  Sorry your job is such a mess.  Wishing you luck in your quest for a new one!

Cindy new neighbors asking you over?  Hopefully they won't be serial killers, LOL.  Have a fun evening!

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

justme - thanks we are braced for the tax bill so at least I won't be in shock. Just unhappy and broke..haha. Just found out we have to replace our whole a/c system..yikes! We have been blessed it has lasted for over 20 years but 4500 bites! Okay enough whining; it is a beautiful warm day! 

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Me 2 Josie; I have always been borderline anemic. My BP is usually 90/60. The nurses freak out about it but my dr said that's just my normal BP. I took iron supplements when I had my babies in addition to the pre-natal pills. I feel for you too Kate. You so deserve a break. Diane 

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

RMlulu- that is so sweet of you to help out your neighbor. My husband has helped out several neighbors with yard work. They were so appreciative. My neighbor has a riding lawn mower for a front yard the size of a postage stamp. The back yard is big but no bigger than ours. One time he was mowing at the same time I was and I left him in the dust. Me with my Lowe's special mower; he couldn't believe I beat him. Seriously a riding mower would be nice at least for our backyard. Diane