Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2014

Thanks Janis, I didn't feel left out your fine. Happy Anniversary.We are having a garage sale Saturday at my MIL.I love them too but having one really isn't hardly worth it.

Diane, sorry to hear you had to deal with the anemia too.Mine was cured when they removed my Uterus (heavy bleeding due to fibroids) Can't say I miss it.I had my 3 kids so I felt like it served it's purpose.

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2014

hi all -- just wanted to add to the iron supplement discussion. I only needed a supplement when I was pregnant, and the standard iron pills turn poop into hard clay. (Sorry to be gross!). My midwife recommended instead a tonic called Floradix -- I got it at whole foods. It was expensive and didn't taste great (think prune juice), but it was a great iron source that was easily absorbed and didn't constipate.  I'm sure it's available online. 

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2014

I had a pretty nice tioday-Yeah! I did not have a bm but I did not have constipation pain nor diarrhea discomfort.. When I first startered walking after I woke I felt good. It's usualy the opposite the morning is when I feel terriblr. Maria the lady who helps me took me to Ralphs, 99 cent store and to Westside pavillion Mall today,I bought earrings and I love girlie-girlie stuff. I am feeling grateful to not b in psin.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

WinkingGreat Kate, glad to hear you got to go shopping and felt better today.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited April 2014

Edwards - My house is red brick. My trim is pale yellow and so my mulch is red. I have seen the nlack and really do like it. I may ask my guy this year to substitute. My BP is normally low like yours too. Used to scare everyone but now they are used to it. I thought it was causing my vertigo but when I looked back at records way before I got the vertigo it was like this.

Janis - Yeah this is a money pit and being alone and retired it is killing me. When my parents passed away I spent 3 years prior just caring for them so some things got left out. My mom loved flowers and would sit out there and weed for hours. She and our neighbor would go on flower trips and she had it so pretty. Dad cut the grass till he got up in his 90s. Once they got sick I hired my handyman to keep up the grass. He convinced me he knew about keeping up the flower beds and I was too stressed to care. Move ahead 3 years and I started to think about curb appeal when I sell. That is when I looked around and noticed my guy has no vision. He is quick in and out. So my ex neighbor came to my rescue the other day with the ant situation and while he was here we talked about the yard. Not to hurt the other guys feelings we decided to let him continue to cut the grass and my new guy will handle the flowers.

Josie - That is awful about the mice in the car. Ick.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2014

Diane - ha! Eat my dust:) ha...rider was for 1 AC in the Hill Country where this SoCal beach girl didn't want to be near anything that might slitter in the yard...and humidity.  When we down sized 50% no room in garage so left mower now that we upsized again yard is 1/2 AC I would do it with a rider, but I'm not a push behind in humidity and creepy crawlers...been warned rattlesnakes venture out of creek:( looking for a STOP sign with electronic fence to warn snakes do NOT enter...can they read???

Janis - whew not serial killers just serial talkers :D over 2 hrs interesting...we brought wine, but asked for water...challenge to stay organic vegan with spread of cheese and sausage...  But our BDays are worth going for it...BBQ, cheese, ice cream, cake!

Josie - happy yard happy yard sale!  Hope you get the new job!

Now time to pack for fly fishing retreat!  Excited...trying to decide on which hat...ball cap or go bigger...looking through boxes for my head flashlight and backpack...hubby is sad:(. Hasn't been on his own in years...think he will miss me:D yippee reunions are fun 

Shout out to all

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Pray no water snakes....:((((

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

So many posts so much to remember. I hacve a great memory before this, but now I an sure I have chemo brain. or that amemia is making me so tired I can;t remember stuff, so please bear with me. I am leaving here on the 23 and returning late the 38th. I will have to work a couple of medica problems in, and chill by having girlie-girl treatments and shopping when I can. Myspirits remain strong along with resilience that ramins firm too

Josie I can only pray tht my wig or extensions can look nearly as cute and nutural as your cut,  I have both my wig and extensions to work with. I did not lose all of my hair from chemco, but it did thin out quite a lot. My regular hairdresser Joanna thinks I have enough of my own hair for this to work with putting longer ectensions in. I will try that first. If I shel think my hair looks too thin then I will wear my wig over my hair and extendsions. Somehow this will all wok out. It doesnt'take much for me to feel girlie girlie. Just a cute te pair of earrings did it for me yesterday.I guess you just can;t remove the girlie out of the girlir girl lol.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2014

Cindy, I loathe snakes.  We have nothing aggressive or poisonous; if we did I'd probably need the riding mower to go from the house to the car and back.  Oh, come to think of it, you probably have an attached garage?   The glaciers are finally melting and I'm hoping this very, very cold winter gave lots and lots of reptiles a permanent hibernation.  As it is, I always whack away at my garden with a rake or whatever before I scrunch down and do my weeding thing.

I'm sure you'll be gorgeous, extensions or wig or just as you are, Kate.  Here's hoping you've discovered the trick to staying cramp free.  I seem to remember last time you stayed in a hotel.  Is that the plan now too?

So excited that you had an interview, Josie.  If they're smart, they'll be begging you to join them.  If not, at least you had some good interview practice and you'll be more prepared for next time.

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Awww Kate you are so sweet and your darling too.You are a very strong person.Way stronger than I could be if I was in your position.You go girl!!

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Cindy and Brookside thanks for the good vibes on the job interview .I haven't heard anything yet.I'm praying maybe by Monday they'll call.One can only hope.

Cindy have fun fly fishing!! Lucky..Hope hubby fairs well without you.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited April 2014

Janis and Bunkie- I have acid reflux too in fact one night several years ago the burning sensation woke me up n the middle of the night. Of course I thought it might b a heart attack(you now assume the worst theory); anyway I took an aspirin and paced wondering what I should do. Scared me. Husband said ER to be sure. Had some chest pressure as well. Don't recall what I ate that night. Anyway not a heart attack; ran the blood tests, EKG, etc - cost a fortune but DX acid reflux. I do consume a lot of Folgers and Starbucks which certainly doesn't help. Cut back; no episodes since thankfully. Diane 

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Diane, that's scarey.Glad it wasn't really a heart attack.But Starbucks gives me heartburn too.

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Hey RMLuLu - haha bet you could; my neighbor's wife is even easier to beat on one because she runs into everything- trees, etc. 

Kate - I worked with a girl@Fedex who had extensions. It was amazing how much it changed her looks; I'm sure you will look awesome! 

Josie- good luck - hope you get the job. You know nowadays some companies don't bother to call; you should just assume if they don't call you didn't get the job. What happened to professional courtesy? 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Diane, how long should I give them to call before I assume I didn't get it?

The interview was Thursday, they said that the would like to fill the position within 2 weeks.But  the HR person that I played phone tag with for the past 2 weeks was there too and said at the end of the interview that she would be in touch with me.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

So many posts tonight I don't think I can keep up. I think Anemia is maing me more tired. I have an email in to doc about when will they call about an iron infusion. If not soon enough I will take matters in my own hands and take iron pills, eat foods with high contents of iron like steak, oysters, kidney beans etc. and join a tanning bed , so I won't look so pale. As for the kidney ultrasound I've offered to take is at another place that they approve of . So if the hospital doesn't call or the kidney ultrasound place isn't approved of by doc I am not sure what to do. I called the surgeon"s office and the surgeon's assistant said it might have to require putting a stent in as an overnight patient at the hospital. They want all this done before I go, and now I am worried because there are now only 12 days left.It is possible it does not require an overnight hospital stay, but I surely am not getting answers tonight, and probably won't till monday.

I am going to try desperately not to think about these two new issues. I am going to keep trying not to be exausted ( from thae anemia) and keep on doing what I need to do to have fun on the trip shop, girlie girl stuff etc.

Happy Anniversary Janis and many more.

Cindy so glad your hubby is doing well.

Joan physical therapy has been helping me, but yes I will need wheel chair service at the airport straight up to the first bar. Yes you are right I forgot to ask doc if I could have wine,

Sorry if I missed anyone, and I know I have tonight, because I am just so tired,

Also please understand that I think doc is exhausted too doing everything he can to help me.. Especially for finding a cliniical trial for me. and for being able to dig up extensive chemo treatments that he says will now have less side effecdts. I guess I am frustrated because everything seens to be starting at once. I trusted him then and I trust him now, but I hope he can get the anemia situation settled so I won't have to go to chicago looking bad.

love,

Kate

P.s. I know I am not thinking right. I should be grateful that I have options, and that i am feeling pretty ok again

I need a good night's sleep. I sure hope I have not hurt doc's feelings after all the work he has done.

Love,

Kate

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2014

Ugh lost my post?
    Can't repeat it now...thinking of you all.
    No sleep... 5 am...

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2014

Kate, to heck with the doc's feelings!  I'm sure you've been nothing but lovely with him, and if his feelings get hurt, then he should get a puppy instead of taking care of his patient's lives. ;-)

Joking aside, you're very sweet to care about him, and it shows what a big heart you have. But right now, in this relationship with your doctor, YOU'RE the one who matters. It's his job to see to it that you're getting all the care you need. Not to say you shouldn't feel the compassion that you have for him, but don't worry about this one on top of all your other concerns. 

xo and big hugs to you!  :-)

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Gemini , Thank you so much. You've made me feel better.

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2014

Kate, I could not agree more.  You take care of YOU and that is an order!  I feel so bad you are having to deal with so much.  I wish I could lighten your load.  Your heart is so big and I understand that but you need the doctor's help right now.  I want that trip to be the best thing for you, I want you to come back happy and rested and feeling better than you have in a long time. 

{{{{{{{BIG HUGS KATE}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Thanks Josie - it was; looking back I could have waited longer before I made the trek to the ER but I panicked which of course didn't help. As you have probably guessed already I don't wait well. My husband is the polar opposite. Probably a good thing we aren't the same..

On the job thing - I know it varies from company to company but since they said within 2 weeks then you gotta give them at least that. I was always in a quandary about contacting them during the waiting period or not. I didn't want to appear over anxious but at the same time I wanted to know if I was still in the running. I don't think its inappropriate to ask HR or whomever the decision maker(s) are do they call you if you don't get the job or send you a letter? When I first started working a FedEx they did send out rejection letters; a lot of departments don't do that anymore. Even though they were your typical form letters....we are sorry, continue your interest...blah, blah, blah at least you knew.

From what you have said sounds like the interview went well so sounds very promising. Pulling for you girl. Diane

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Thanks Diane.

Speaking of waiting to go  the ER.My father was having actually as lot gas pains and bloating but refused to go to the ER.Well the man went to bed and he was having a heart attack.By the time he woke up to go he was in bad shape.It had damaged about 1/3 of his heart.Too late for cardiac Cath .So ok don't mess around girl, it's not worth it.If you feel you have to go to the hospital go .In other words don't second guess yourself.Your life is worth a lot more than that E R bill.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Thanks so much Bigdbeating. I actually had fun today. Seeing family or shopping will make me have fun. Today i went shopping. I bought a cubic zirconia diamond drop.Then I went to macy's and bought a beautiful lime green night gown marked down from $70 to $10.Then I bought a grey maxi skirt from the Gap. To go with it I bought a pale lime green blouse, and for another look I bought a grey sweater. A very busy mall Century mall was fairly empty today. The sales girls think it is because Easter is next week and the stores are lowering its prces next weekend, I need to get medical procedures over with this week, so I can focus on fun. Next Tuesday is hair extensions yeah.l Then before that I need a full sert of nails and a pedi. I also either want a couple of tanning sprays or tanning sessions. I would like to look as half ok as i can. If I can pull it off will depeme om

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2014

Your lime and gray palate sounds beautiful, Kate, and will look so wonderful with your blond hair.  You're really on countdown mode now!  Hre's hoping the pooey medical stuff turns out to be just routine annoyance.

Cindy, looking forward to hearing your fish story.  I trust the fish were bigger than the bugs?

• BUNKIE10
    edited April 2014

Diane - Starbucks was the first thing I gave up and I love it. Caffiene does me in with the reflux and my vertigo. I do try some decalf in the afternoon sometimes.

Josie - good luck on the job thing. That would be so nice.

Kate - I love Lime and Grey. When I had dark hair gray made me look sick. Now that I have mixed gray hair it looks good on me. Go figure. I am so excited for you to do this trip. We have rain today and tomorrow and then some snow. That will be gone when you get here. Lets not talk about brains not working normal. Yesterday I got up and was upset that my newspaper was missing. So I called the paper people to report it. Then I searched for church on tv. Could not find it. After about an hour I looked at the tv day and it was Saturday. I was laughing for hours behind that one but really it is not so funny. How many times do I stand in the kitchen and wonder why I went down there etc. I am 61. This is not going to get better.

RunFree - Just wondering how you are.

Gigil - If you are still in Fl stay till the end of April. This will all be gone by then.Everyone on my block has house repairs from the power outage and ice storm. Make sure you check out your home when you get back. 

Brookside - Are your dizzies worst in the spring with allergies?

Joan - My posts get lost all the time. That is why you see me double up at times if I know it will be long. I want to get what I have posted and then start again with the rest. It only does it for me on the long ones.

Cindy - Have fun on the retreat. I love to fish.

Fell asleep with the fan on last night so my sinus are all crazy this morning. We have a ton of rain coming to day and tomorrow. I have my makeshift kitchen stuff all ready with towels on the floor and a small pail. If I get downpours I get the drips. Just regular rain and I am fine. Hate flatroofs. They should be outlawed. Mine was repaired twice and now needs it agian. The repairs last about 3 years and then they come back. So I need to get it sold after this fix for sure. The basement I decided to put in a sump pump and call it a day. A Michigan basement is not really added living space when you go to sell so why bother. Just want it dry.

• BUNKIE10
    edited April 2014

I leave for Grand Rapids next Monday. That is about an hour from me and I will be gone for 3 weeks. My cousin and his wife have gone from a simple 4 day weekend trip to a 8 day british island vac with a jeep and a radio. I guess they really need time away from the 14 year old I will be watching. My cousin got his wife a new diamond ring to add to her collection and proposed again. They are doing a small ceremony on vacation. His son aged 40 is supposed to be helping me during their vac with driving etc and I already know he is going to flake. Just not dependable so wish me luck. I will be driving for a lot of the time and hope my dizzies are not too tuff. I told my cousin that if his son flakes the only place his daughter will go for 8 days is school and the grocery store up the street. They have had a lot of repairs done on their home this winter so I will be wearing my surgery mask most of the time but hey...I survived 7 days in the mouse infested basement during the ice storm/power outage. I can do this. My own home will be getting the bathroom plumbing fixed and the ceiling below repaired/painted. The front hall closet redone from the storm and a spot on the ceiling in the living room. The carpets cleaned also. I thought it was 1 year since they were done and it was 2. They really need it. If I can not sell next spring I am ripping out the carpets and doing the floors. There are hardwoods underneath.

Yesterday at the store I reached over to get a bag of groceries out of my cart and almost hit the floor. My balance is getting worst. Hopefully these drs will fighure out what is going on with me soon. The fatigue is worst than ever before and I stay exausted. I am starting to feel like they may be right about the addisons disease. Ugh. I keep going no matter what. If Kate can do it so can I. Happy

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Thanks Brookside and Bunkie you are always there for me.

Bunkie I am so glad you will be getting away.Also so very glad some of your home repairs will get fixed. I am so sorry about your balance.

I haven't heard you mention your shrink in a whiole. What is happening with that?

You are damn straight that you can do it. I feel positive changes for you. Finally you are wanting change. That is the first step. Don't feel bad if you have a setback we all do. two steps foreward one step back. You will get there..

• edwards750
    edited April 2014

Bunkie - you have more discipline than me. They can cut off anything else they want to but not my java. If that happened I would be admitted to a rubber room at a mental health facility. I had vertigo years ago and it was brutal to say the least. Obviously you know all too well. I was getting dizzy fairly often and had an episode like you did in the grocery store. My doctor sent me to have a MRI and then a neurologist. DX- vertigo; ya think? The weird thing was though I never had another "spell" and never took any meds. Bizarre. Hope yours gets better too! Diane 

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Anybody else have a lot of Burping? I know a lot of us have digestive issues.Not heartburn but just burping after eating.Sometimes it seems like constant.Does anyone else think maybe Rads has something to do with this? 

• josie123
    edited April 2014

Lost my post this morning after my kindle died.So l am going to try again.

BUNKIE, sounds like your pumped about your trip.Good luck and I wish you well.

Kate, good I'm glad your shopping trip went well.It sounds like your going to be dressed to the T. Good for you sweetie you deserve it.

RunFree, are you ok? We haven't heard from you in a while.

Diane, I'm with you on the Java.I have to  have my morning coffee.Smile

Dizziness, that is my issue too occasionally like this weekend.It seems like when it's windy I get dizzy.Isn't that weird.Went to bed with a migraine Friday night and woke up feeling yucky Sat morning. Big Garage sale at my MIL Saturday which means we were up early but I awoke at 5 am and couldn't go back to sleep.Makes for a miserable worn out blah feeling for the afternoon.The garage sale was a bomb.I made a whole $8.50 My MIL was very disappointed.It's early for a garage sale and for the Weekend before Easter and Passover what should we expect? But she had this stuff leftover from her cousins estate sale and wanted it out of her garage so she can park in it again.She's having it again on Wednesday.

• katehudson25
    edited April 2014

Josie sorry the garage sale didn't go well. When I was at the mall yesterday I was shcocked because i have never seen the mall so slow on a Saturday. I asked the salesgirl and she said everyone is waiting for nex tweekend Easter when they will mark everything down. I did get 40% off at the Loft. I figure they will mark my skirt doen at the gap next weekend so I can get a price adjustment