Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited June 2014

Lemon, yes there are laws against it but if you aren't able to perform your job they do have the right to fire you I think.A while ago RunFree posted 2 links about your rights and your employers when you have Cancer .I think in there it said that.

I'm really tired but still waiting up for DH.My oldest DD came by before work so I could wash her clothes.I hadn't seen her in a week and she brings me her dirty laundryDevil

OK sounds like Hubby made it home.I'm going to bed

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2014

BigD. Thinking of you tonight.  All of us with you tomorrow...

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your colleague.  That is always such an eye opener, to realize the fragility of life.  And your poor hubby, not only the bladder infection now but all the testing scheduled for calif.  I do hope you can take your kayak with you for a bit of a respite from all this.  Keep on walking girl, it helps!  

Lemon, I'm so glad you've got your appt tomorrow.  Here's hoping the PS decides all is normal and you're right on track.  Maybe the doc will have some good ideas of how to deal with this healing and address your continuing pain and swelling.

Bunkie...you need to catch a break soon...it's just not fair to be plagued with all these difficult diseases.  Hopefully you can get several of them under control soon.

Run Free, thanks for the updates on Kate.  Interesting that she accepted you as a friend, that does seem like a step in the right direction.

Janis my pal, you're sounding like your old self....I think you're finally on the mend, and probably excited about your birthday party too.

Joan...how do you rate the window seat?  Ok....you can have it since you called dibs first!

Josie, good call on the dryer...now you can have clean undies.  

Edwards...I'd love a chance at $280 million...or just 1 million.  Guess I too would have to buy tickets though, huh?

Gigil, thought of you yesterday when I picked up some Culturelle probiotics, at least I think that's the brand you recommend?  My doc advised I try some ..... 

Sab...I know you lurk when you've got a chance.  Hope you've got the weekend off and have a good hike with hubby planned just to rejuvenate you.

If I missed anyone, I apologize ... It's this aging brain!

Anyone ever hear anything from Wyo?  I feel she's just fine, but the last I remember she was visiting her son in Montana?  It's been months

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2014

Oh don't know where to begin. 

Big D I am slipping out if work for the pocket party. I hope for best news, and think it must be so frustrating to get such confusing results. 

Hi Bunkie. Glad to see you and hope the vertigo lessens. 

Lemon happy you are seeing doc early.I hope you get some relief. It seems like a difficult surgery.

Janis, lovely lady, lovely thoughts! It sounds like your surgery was a great decision and you are feeling better?

Cindy, sad news about your colleague. I'm very sorry.

Hi GIGI, Edwards,redhead,run, Josie , Joan and hopefully our Kate too! Trying to type on kindle,grrr. Card is just now going out to you Kate, if you are reading, but my thoughts have been with you and have been worried along with the other sisters here. 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2014

And sew! And Brookside! 

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

oh man, I forgot Brookside and redheaded ... Ah well, I think about you too!  I'm totally in awe of those of you that can remember all of us!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited June 2014

No, no, Josie. Your counselor does not understand.  The letter needs to say you have a temporary disability and that they are required by law to offer you a "reasonable accomodation," such as having someone else make those pesky phone calls.  Call him right back!  Happy to hear you made the dryer decision--so easy to go round and round (oops--did I really say that?) on that one!

I'm in the Meniere's without hearing loss club, and have been for years and years.  I find minimizing head movement is my best friend.  A couple of days ago, I was speaking with someone similarly affected.  He said he and his wife can walk all around the neighborhood and he has no problem, but if someone else joins them, he gets dizzy.  He thought it was psychosomatic, but I pointed out that if he is in the middle, he will be turning his head back and forth.  He needs to hang out on one end or the group.  Bunkie, I so admire your courage doing the PT; I would not dare.

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2014

Totally with you today, Big D, and hoping they have something definitive, but not scary to tell you, just something  that can be handled with the comfort of a latte and a chocolate croissant.  Maybe two croissants?

Extremely happy to hear Kate has web access, RunFree.  Maybe just a matter of time before she checks in on this thread again.  I've been carting her card all around, hope to finally get it in the mail today.

So sorry your recovery is such a pain (literally and figuratively), Lemon.  Gee whiz, the early stuff, we'd all expect, but this is getting real old.  Probably all is perfectly normal, and probably, you have some printout somewhere that indicates that this is all likely, but it's so unfair.  Perhaps you also need a latte and a chocolate croissant--I know I do!

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited June 2014

Morning friends,

I started PT for dizziness this week so I am feeling like a drunk all the time now. I did this several times before but gave up after a week or two because I could not function with the dizziness. They told me 6-8 weeks before I see any change. That means all of June and July I will be hanging on the walls of my house. The trouble with dizziness is there are so many kinds. Mine also seems to be made worst by my bodies reaction to smells. toxins etc. So considering I have just finished another large fix to my 75 year old home I am in deep toxin land. I have been living in my 3 safe rooms of my home. Bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. That tells me that I do not need all this room and am working hard to get this thing listed. I have 1600 sq ft  here and could do with 1000. Really.

BigD - mine is not a true spinning vertigo either. Back in 08 when I first got this crap I had a big spin that lasted a week. I went to the ER and Dr and they gave me the meds and told me to go home and it would go away. The big spins did finally go away BUT this off balanced, wiggly eyes, wobbly thing has remained. That long. I have been to the U of Mi twice for testing. OMG they spin you in chairs with goggles on and lights flash and then the spray cold and warm water in your ears and you recite things they ask you to. It is pure torture and both times they told me it was inconclusive. I have done a low salt diet with a dirutec twice and both times it aggrivated my autoimmune disease Secondary Addisons I got from being on steriods for my OTHER disease Sarcoidosis. Anyway I really hope they find yours. Brookside and I are both a mystery to the ENT community.

Runfree - So glad you heard back from Kate. I have to look back for an address? I want to send her a card also. Did you run a marathon? I think I read that. By the way I wanted to thank you for the info you gave me about the old house you were living in at one time. I really do think this one is half my problems. When I got the real estate frind over here there were several things that would not pass inspection. So that is what I am doing this year because it goes in 2015. At this point I will take an apt till I decide where to move to but out of here I am going.

By the way I am on FB as Bonnie (Bunkie) Johnson so if anyone wants to look me up do so. Most of my friends are from my high school class, ATT where I worked or some support groups on line. I do not post much but am working on posting some photos I have from my past etc.

Someone asked about my babysitting for my cousins. OMG she is so 14 years old. Her parents went to Barbados on a second honeymoon and I was the mom for 8 LONG days. The day her parents got on the plane and sent their last text the school called me about coming to get her. She said she had a migraine...sure. Came home and watched tv all day and lived on her phone. Everyday there was some sort of situation that popped up but I did ok with it all. After we got used to each other it was fine. By the time her mom got home she was talking to me about life so I passed the test. She is adoped and also mixed race like I am so we had a lot in common. Thier house in newer although it also has some issues and I did much better there with my breathing etc. I even started driving again short distances. So when I got home I fired my expensive driver I had all fall/winter and I am doing small runs on my own.

Sew, Janis, SAB,Josie, Gigil, Lemon, Brookside and all my other buddies. I am still catching up on your summer posts. Miss a few weeks here and you are way behind. 

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2014

Strange.  I treat the Meniere's with fluids, not diuretics.  If I remember correctly (????), they explained to me that the fluid in my inner ear was too thick, so extra fluids were important.  Sort of conversely, reducing salt makes a huge difference, and salt, of course, increases water retention, so maybe I'm on the wrong track here.  Or maybe water retention generates swelling, while extra hydration merely thins the inner ear fluid?  This Meniere's without hearing loss is pretty obscure and lots of ENT's don't buy it at all.  Whatever it is, in my case, it's familial.  My father, at 94, could hear a pin drop, and he'd had "it" for decades.

Bunkie, what would happen if you just put the house on the market as is?  Your buyers would have to complete the repairs, and, meanwhile, you'd have an opportunity to live somewhere non-allergenic.

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

Bunkie, I agree with Brookside.  Put the house on the market and list the known defects.  Give the purchaser a "credit back" for the cost of doing this repair work that you would have to do.  That way the house gets sold, and the buyers get to handle the repairs any way they want including not doing them at all if they want to just pocket the money.  Barring that, I'm sure glad you're moving someplace else in the meanwhile because I hate the thought of you messing around in this toxic house.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2014

(((BigD))) - pockets are full...never did get a window seat...angle made us behave...ok, maybe she had to encourage us a bit...sending prayers!  Slumber party now zzz:D

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

Anyone else a little worried that we haven't heard from BigD?  She had her appt. with the MO yesterday right?  I couldn't hear what was said as it was so crowded in her pockets, but I thought sure we went to that office.  Joan had the window seat, maybe she knows.

• rmlulu
    edited June 2014

Sew - yes, the troops are getting a bit restless in here...all those fingers&toes crossed...praying BigD received good news and we will be hearing from her soon.  We love you Joan!

Please, someone pass me the Greek yogurt and fresh peaches...Aprils pancakes and GiGil's BLT are calling my name...SAB hurry up short order cook...getting hungry!  Peaches please!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

Leave it to you to find the healthy good, Cindy.  I've found the sticky buns....yummmmm and Josie's right next to me

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited June 2014

Good morning Friends!

Sorry I did not post last night.  I worked late and then decided to have a fabulous Pity Party all for myself! I went and ordered a big, greasy pizza from one of my favorite places, and then finished it off with my first ever Xanax!  The Xanax proceeded to knock me out and I could not keep my eyes open.

Thank you for being with me yesterday and worrying about me. I wish I had better news but unfortunately, I am going to be waiting a bit longer (hence the Xanax prescription).  The first time I asked for Xanax was when I was waiting for Bracha and Onco test results and doc would not give them to me, now he did.

Here is what he said yesterday.Yes, the PET was normal. BUT, just because it did not light up this lesion, I am still not out of the clear on it being bc mets to the bone. My MO was super busy last week, he had had to double book me in and so he said he did review everything but he had not had enough time to really sit down and spend a block of time on each of the photos, and he promised to do that in the next three days. He said that sometimes, he can manipulate a photo and he can make it ”light up.” Is there a way they can maybe rotate those pictures? I am not sure what that meant. But he said there is so much brain activity in the frontal lobe of the brain that a lot of things light up in that area on a PET scan. Plus the fact that he has never had a patient with any kind of mets to the forehead unless it had spread all over the place, and there are no other spots, just the one.

We have to do the biopsy there. No way around it.  He is going to contact  one of the good neurosurgeons at the hospital and talk to him/her.

This could also be what they call a plasmacytoma, which is one lesion that is related to multiple myeloma.  When there is only one lesion, that is what they call it and they zap it a few times with radiation and it goes away apparently.  However, if you have one of those, you are a prime candidate to develop full-blown MM, usually within two to four years.  Of course, those are average stats and some people beat the odds and live a long time with no recurrence.

OR, this could be another type of bone cancer or it could be nothing. We did take more blood yesterday and my calcium level had gone up from 10.7 to 10.9 in a week. I have to drink a lot of water because it is high at 10.9, so something is definitely up, we just do not know what it is yet.  He said without looking at the cells in this thing, there can be no diagnosis.

You will all so squirmy yesterday – were you fighting over that window seat?  Seriously, I thought about you all and I knew you would understand if I took a night off and ate pizza which I had totally banned from my diet.  God was itgood!!!!!  Now I am back to being good.  I am going out this afternoon and having a cut and color which I have needed for awhile, and just going to breathe and relax and get some things done around the apartment this weekend and take it a day at a time.  At least I have something that is unique and interesting to the medical community.  My MO has been practicing for a long time and he said he only had one other patient who needed a skull biopsy and it was on the top of his head.  I am the first forehead case.  He said that we could do a bone marrow biopsy, but it would be more painful and besides, if it is bc mets, it won’t show up there, so best to just get it from the source right?

I go back to see my MO in two weeks and we will schedule the biopsy then.So Redheaded, your Angel is headed back to you for the time being. And just think, I can tell you all what it’s like to have your head drilled or whatever it is they do!  My doc had no idea if they have to drill or not, he said hopefully they can just stick in a needle and get what they need.

I really did not think it was going to be ”nothing,” and I still do not think it is nothing.  My tumor marker was down but those things fluctuate so much and I still do not understand them.  But all the other indicators of MM in the blood are up.  But I feel good and whatever this is, he said it was good that I went and had that brain MRI or this thing would have sat awhile before it was noticed by anyone.  He said it may have been there a long time and just did not show up on the bone scan but again, he said if this is bc mets, it will be the first case he has ever seen where it showed up in the forehead and nowhere else.

Bunkie, wow, you have been through it girl!  I really hope you find relief, that is a very difficult way to live.  There has to be help for you and if selling that house would get you away from toxins I have to agree, I would put it up for sale and see if there is a buyer willing to take on the repairs. I watch a lot of HGTV and flipping houses is very popular.  It might be worth a try.

So glad we know Kate is on social media, I hope she can pop in soon and give us an update on her condition. Wemiss you Kate!!

Cindy, how you hanging in?  Is hubby feeling better I hope?  Lemon, I hope you are feeling a lot less pain as well.

Again, thank you everyone, I love you, and sorry if anyone worried about me last night. I am good, I feel good, and we will get to the bottom of what this is, but it will just take a bit longer.  But my new friend, Xanax, is by  my side – ROFL!!  Whatever this is, we got to it early and even if it is mets, I am confident it can be treated and that I won’t need to plan my funeral for a while.  I am so grateful, as I am sure you all are,  that at least we have good doctors and have access to good treatment.  Many, many people do not.

Talk at you all later, have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the sun!

Big D/Joan

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited June 2014

OH BIG D---Wow-- I guess it goes to show sometimes our gut instincts are correct.  So glad you acted on yours--There is some good news here---you have done all the right things to get a early diagnosis, your doctor admitted he needed time to review everything, so that's outstanding in terms of his skills.,  and he is setting you up with the best folks in  nuureo  to do the biopsy.  I don't know how much of a Xanax dose they gave you, but I sometimes break mine in half---I have the ones that are .5

One at bedtime gives blissful sleep,   Now I want a big greasy pizza.

I got up early, went to our Farmers Market and bought fresh baby turnips, swiss chard and orange beets, plus some farm fresh eggs and a conservative Mennonite church had bake goods for donations to their church, so I got a loaf of "Honey Cracked Wheat bread".  Now I've gotta dig out some cookbooks and figure out what you do with swiss chard.....

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2014

Well, BigD/Joan (we have another Joan), I guess at least you're getting closer to figuring out what is--and is not--happening.   Waiting is surely the pits, and your doc seems to have forgotten all about the xanax for us pocket people.  I'm sitting here, resonating with your last nights' pizza party,  eating cookies as an alternative medication.  Now, you probably all know I'm normally ranting about how carbs lead to glucose in the bloodstream, which leads to circulating insulin, which is baaaaaad, but sometimes, you just gotta have the cookies. 

As far as I'm concerned, Redheaded, Swiss chard makes a lovely centerpiece, especially when arranged with golden beets and baby turnips.  Actually, I love the beets and turnips (both of which are yummy raw, by the way).  I buy the chard stuff from time to time, because it is so gorgeous, but have never figured out what to do to turn it into ummm, food. 

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited June 2014

BigD, thank you so much for the thoughtful and detailed update.  I'm so relieved to know you had a good night with pizza and your new friend Xanax, and you have a plan going forward.  And a doctor who sounds very dedicated and well-connected, and can give you many reasons for optimism.  But the uncertainty is a bear.  

Brookside, you made me laugh about the Swiss chard being a centerpiece.  I'd have no trouble thinking of something to do with Swiss chard. I'd need to look up some recipes, but in general I would treat it like kale or another sort of rugged leafy green.  And I have used turnips sort of like potatoes.  It's the beets I'd use as a centerpiece.  Can't stand the taste of beets, can't even be in the house with the smell of them cooking.  I haven't tried orange beets so I suppose I shouldn't be prejudiced. 

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

BigD, I'm so glad you were out splurging on pizza, I hoped you were.  My goodness, but you've apparently presented a strange case for the specialists.  Which is probably good as they'll all talk about it and call in other Doc's and come up with the best treatment for you.  Yes, waiting is the pits, but with Xanax, Ativan (my go to feel good med), Pizza and us all waiting with you, that's not tooooooooo bad ( I hope).  And, I can't resist, does this mean you're going to have a procedure that seems somewhat reminiscent of a frontal lobotomy?  I sure would get to know that neurosurgeon well and make sure you're on his good side!  LoL

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2014

Big D/Joan, thanks you so much for your post, I hope you know you are with good friends here who will always lend a shoulder.  I agree with Sew, you will likely have some really good specialists on your team who can get some definitive answers for you.  I am glad that you have a good rapport with your MO and you know he will work hard for you during this puzzling time.  Sending plenty of healing hugs your way.

Just checking in quickly to say hello to all my friends.  I am feeling really good.  I am getting so excited about my birthday trip.  We are having a garage sale next weekend hoping to get some funds for the gas.  It is a great opportunity to do a good spring cleaning if nothing else.  I have moved so many times that I find myself letting go of things.  The move here from Wyoming was tough as we went to a much smaller home with absolutely no storage.  We had a huge garage sale before we moved and sold so much.  The rest we donated to Meals on Wheels.  When I told them they would need a truck they sent a guy out in a pickup.  Too funny, when he saw the leftovers he had to go back and bring the regular 16' moving truck.  We had some large computer desks that would never fit in this house as the spare bedrooms are tiny.  I used to collect things, owls were my favorite.  I had photos and coffee mugs and towels and zillions of knick knacks.  I kept 2 favorite owl mugs and sold or donated all the rest.  I had over 100 Springbok puzzles and sold a bunch, donated the rest.  I had so many happy memories of my mom and I doing puzzles when she came to visit.  We both loved doing them.  I learned that even though the puzzles are long gone, the memories are not.  This is what matters the most!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.  You all hold a very special place in my heart. 

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited June 2014

Big D, thank you for letting us know in detail what happened at your appt. I am also glad you indulged on pizza, sometimes we just deserve a treat. I know your friend Xanax and she has always been a true friend to me though my BC time. I also break them in half as they knock me out too. I hope you are keeping busy and enjoying a nice weekend. Your positive thoughts do matter.

thanks for the well wishes. I went to see PS yesterday, I am NORMAL.. :)  He is happy with my fast healing and says the pain at this point is normal. Swelling on the left is bad but again normal. I was so happy and felt great when I walked out of there. Still to take the 800 ibuprofen and Percocet if needed but all restrictions are lifted. I also don't see him again for 6 weeks. Him saying all is normal made a huge difference to my psyche. Toda y I got on the ground did some planting and then mulched!! I love to work in the yard and hadn't been able. It took me forever but I didn't care, loved every minute of it and it looks great.

Bunkie I hope the PT starts to help with the dizziness. Getting out of that house does sound like the best thing for you. I am sorry you have had such troubles. Are you going to stay in Michigan? I am in Ohio so I know what the allergies outside are like and the dampness of our winters, I am sure that isn't helping you to escape your home. I live in a Century house so I know what its like to be in a old home. Ours has pretty much been re-done except the worst place the dreaded basement/cellar. It is 3 huge rooms down there and the cost to do them is more than we can afford right now. I live in a historic district which for me was my dream home. DH would rather be in a brand new house, I tell him someday. I often wonder if rehabbing this house and the one we had previously had anything to do with my BC. Being exposed to such toxins both new and old. Luckily most of it is behind us. I hope you are feeling better each day.

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited June 2014

Lemon, I only got the .25 mg Xanax -- and it still knocked me out.  I see now why people like it.  And I agree, a treat once in awhile is good.  My previous issue was I treated myself too often, and that is not good.  I am happy to hear you are NORMAL!  That will lift your spirits! 

Sew, LMAO -- I think I need a frontal lobotomy after all this!  hahahahahahaha.  When I told one of the attorneys about my unique situation, he just laughed and said, "Well I always knew you were weird."  He is right, I am, so it is only fitting to give these good docs something weird to work on.

Janis, I feel absolutely blessed to have found this thread and all of you.  I do not have any close friends who have been through bc, and I am glad for that, I would not wish it on my worst enemy, but you all know that once you are part of the club, you need to find support with people who understand.  It is hard for me to talk about receptors, and grades, and stages, and this and that with women who do not have any idea of what I am talking about.  They emphathize but in here it is different.  You all get it.  And now Janis you are my inspiration to clean out my outside storage and the "hoarding" closet as I like to call it.  Wow, you really did a lot, that is very impressive.  Would you like to swing by my apartment on your birthday trip and give me some pointers?

Ladies, I am a new woman, OMG, my long ugly locks are gone and I am looking quite chic for an old woman.  Had a blast today with my hairdresser.  She is so very sweet.  I loaded up a nice bag full of things I had purchased and will never use, different Avon products, some perfumes, candles, makeup, body lotions, and took it all to her.  It was a very nice afternoon and something I needed to do for a long time.  I won't let years go by again before I do that.

Love you all!

• BUNKIE10
    edited June 2014

Brookside - I was thinking the same thing about keeping the fluids moving in the ears but who knows. I know when they limited my salt and fluids I had trouble with dehydration and adrenals. Ended up at the ER twice for fluids. Might be the stinkin prednisone too. I want you to know it will be a long 8 weeks lookin drunk. Wish I could actually have a nice stiff drink. I so miss my black russians. They took away my salt, sugar, stiff drinks, and caffiene...what is left?DevilIf this PT even helps 50% I will take it.

BigD - Waiting is always awful. I am so glad you are done with the tests. I had a PET scan a few years ago. They are talking about another one soon along with the MRI.I was in your pocket too so it must have been heavy.

About the house. Thank you everyone for your concern. It is not toxic to a normal person. I am not normal. I had a air quality guy in here and it tested good except some basement molds....not black mold. For me even the slightest paint, drywall, mudd, sealant etc send me over the roof. I get migraines and my body twitches. It also make my dizziness worst. I live in a really green home actually. My allergist calls it multiple chemical sensitivity. People with auto immune disease are especially prone to it. Your body goes into a hypersensitive state from the dumbest stuff. The rads just made it worst. They say the only cure is to avoid all things that make you react. Well I do not believe you have to live in a bubble all the time. There was an offer for 20,000 from an investor. My house is worth about 120,000. The one next door just sold for 135,000. It wass not in great shape either. I am willing to let it go As Is if I can get a decent offeer. I have to spend a lot of time out of the house and I do. My cousin has offered his place this winter again because I am such a big help to them so I will do that while the final stuff gets done. Then I am willing to let it go for the best offer.

Janis - I am spending this week end downsizing also. All clothes that I have not worn for years, large clothes that I can no loger fit, photo albums with dumb photos in them, More of my moms stuff, old towels etc. 3 big bags so far. The towels are going to the animal shelter. My mom and I did a lot of travel and you know how you have that photo of some person standing on the beach you never see again? Stuff like that has to go. I did this when I moved from Cali but bought more when I moved to this house. I did this last year but did not get serious till now. It all has to go. Collections of kitchen towels 34 so far, all sizes of tupperware type storage, solid white t shirts...30 of those. My next place will be 2 bedrooms 2 baths and I can not keep all this stuff.  I am trying to avoid getting a storage unit because I know I will not get rid of it. Collections of cookbooks are down from 145 to 50...still need more. If I lived to be 150 I would never cook that much. Ceramics that I collected bcak when I was working and did all that travel to the southwest. Going to keep on my favorite native american stuff but my hardest to part with will be the rest of my sothwest cookie jar collection. I am down to about 30 still and I donated a ton to my family reunion for the auction. Pillows....who needs all these pillows. I must have 1 from every season at Pottery Barn for the last 10 years. Good grief. if anyone wants a cookie jar with matching S&Ps it is yours. How did it happen? I could buy a new car with all the money I wasted.

• BUNKIE10
    edited June 2014

Lemon - We moved to this house when I was 10. I grew up here and it is a beautiful 75 year old brick cape cod. I lived in Cali for 20 years but came home to help with my parents getting older. When I got here the bottom dropped out and I lost them both very close together. Mom had dementia and it was hard to get any info out of either of them about the condition of the home. It took a couple years for the dust to settle after they died but I started to remodel in 2010. Well every thing we tried to do turned into a major deal. You know old houses. I really am sorry to see this one go but it has turned into a lot for me to keep up. Who knew? In cali I always lived in small newer houses or condos. You do have to wonder about all the stuff that gets into the air  during a remodel. This last plumbing job was really bad and that scares me. I have new plumbing...if they did it right but all that digging, stripping etc causes a fog of toxins. Are you thinking about doing the basement? My flat roof and basement are my last problems. The cost to redo that area is pretty steep. We will see.. 

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited June 2014

BigD/Joan, thank you for the update.  No definitive answer, but some information after all.  I imagine the biopsy can be done with a mild sedative and local anesthesia.  They are so skillful doing those procedures, especially a neurosurgeon.  I know you will be so glad to have some definitive answers.  I am glad you are making friends with a little xanax and treating yourself a little with pizza.  You deserve to.  It sounds like some of the possible scenarios might not be too scary.  One step at a time, and don't borrow trouble.  That is the mantra my DH always hit me with.  He is an MD, and he had testicular cancer our first year of marriage.  He was such a champ going through that, so I decided to borrow some of his philosophy.  It got me through.  I checked back here, several times yesterday, and once at bedtime.  Today I drove two and a half hours into the city in rugged weather to also go to have my hair cut and colored.  I have considered letting the gray grow out.  They lifted whatever color was in it, and highlited a little.  I am not sure if I like this lighter color.  We shall see.  Glad you like yours.

Lemon, I was weeding flower beds yesterday, down and up, down and up.  Today my rear end muscles hurt so much, I can hardly climb my steps.  Last night it was my neck and shoulders.  I was too tired to drive in to the city lasy night.  Glad I am here today. I am very glad to hear your healing is going very well.

Janis, I hope your garage sale goes great and you get the gas money you need for your trip.  It is so nice to hear the happy anticipation in your posts.

Bunkie, you and I have a lot in common.  I have collections too - miniatures, dolls, geodes, duck decoys, tea pots.  I have stopped collecting.  I also have multiple craft items.  I am still working on letting go!  We are almost done with our house staging on our house in Lakes Country.  

Brookside, I have also bought Swiss chard and not used it, and Run I agree on the beets.  I keep trying to like them.  I do love them in borscht, however.

It is so nice to be back to my townhouse.  Cindy, you and I and our traveling between houses.  It gets exhausting!  Speaking of exhausted I hope our other Joan is getting some rest.  Busy class schedules and travel to see grandkids can take it out of you.

Hi to everyone else.  Who mentioned cookies.  I really want a cookie!

• rmlulu
    edited June 2014

Hi y'all

BigD - wow, a new friend MsX!  Should bring a mellow calm :). Pizza yum...I would have chosen pints of HEB JavaChocolateChip and Coconut Almond Chip..enough sugar, caffeine, chocolate for a rush out of control.  Good news that your team is so on it...the wait ugh:((( but we will be here for you...don't go visit MrGoggle...try and zone your mind out...let's play twister everyone!

Bunkie - I vote to dump that house! Get it on the market ASAP and head to sunny dry no mold zon of your choice...parting with 'stuff' is so hard...get some help...and take it easy with the vertigo!

GiGil - I like gong between houses...hubby hates it...exhausting  he says, but I like the adventures each affords!  Headed to Rancho Mirage Tuesday...heat :( and about 6 Drs each and tests... Hopefully all clear...hubby is really having issues with bladder...more cancer...USC here we come! But yes, remembering which house what...hoping for GS time:). Make memories GM!

Lemon - yippee, you are NORMAL...ah:) relief and a comfort!  Glad you were able to go outside and get your fingers in the earth and nurture a flower:) ah the simple things that truly make us feel normal and alive!  Here's to you!

Janis - when is that big Bday celebration?  Yippee 60! And both sons:))) yes a happy dance is in order!

Sew - sticky buns...yummy.  All day I've been thinking sticky buns...gooey with icing cinnamon and a few nuts:) ok a lot of nuts!  You're a sweetie!

RunFree & Brookside - Swiss  Chard...hee hee...eat kale almost every day!

Joan - schools days are over!  Summertime! Relax, bonfires on the beach, sips of wine, sunsets!  Fun!

April - news on baby? Son? We are in your pocket! Fingers&toes crossed. 

Josie - too quit...vacation time on the lake? Hope all is well!

Kate - another card is in the mail!   Click those ruby red slippers...magic wand and pixie dust :)))

Time to get this house wrapped up and off to CA!  When we return friends are visiting so all must be in order...or at least we can give a key and they are on their own...refrigerator friends...our friends across the creek will entertain if we can't return...just depends on Drs...oh how I want to go to Walburg...Austrian beer garden where they perform country music yodel and do the bunny hop and chicken dance too...it is a hoot especially on a full moon evening out in the Hill Country!

Shout outs to all

(((Hugs)))

Cindy 

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited June 2014

Hello all.

Big D Thanks for updating us.I'm sorry you still didn't get a definitive answer on what is wrong.My father in law has multiple myeloma and They knew immediately after an MRI that's what he had.I hope this biopsy tells something.I can't imagine having that done on your forehead.Don't worry though we will have anouther pocket party.I took Xanax once didn't like how it made be be like in a fog till noon the next day and I only took 1/2 of a .25 mg one after a bad panic attack.Never again.

Lemon, I'm impressed.Yard work? Mulching? I'm glad your PS appointment went well.Don't over do it though sweetie. OK?

Sew, I would have been right there next to the sticky buns if there was no nuts.I'm allergic.

Run, I love beets.Yum!! Especially pickled beets.Don't think I would like them cooked though.

Janis, good luck on your sale.I hope you get lots of gas money.God knows you worked so hard for every penny.It's so much work for such little profit.But I guess the point of it is to get rid of stuff.

BUNKIE, hope to get you out of that house soon.You would be so much healthier.

I'm sure it holds a lot of memories but is it worth it?

Cindy, I hope DH is feeling better.Thanks for missing me.I just kind of zoned out last night after work.My manager talked to me a little again and she actually yelled at me over something she really did do but forgot.Stupid.I was so ticked I almost quit right then and there.They want anouther meeting Monday about when I think I will be a week ahead on my precerts .It's really stressing me.

I was so tired today.I just don't know why.I was walking through Sam's club with the family and I just felt like I had no energy.I seem to get more energy in the evening sometimes.Today we picked up the used dryer and I had to help DH bring it in and get it hooked up in the basement.I cleaned really good before we slid the dryer in place.Our basement is wet too.We had some wet clothes on the floor down there.I think our walls(concrete cinder blocks) leak a little.Glad I had the energy for that.Then after eating a good dinner(Turkey burgers) I regained some more energy this evening except I sat in the wrong chair and ended up wearing my dinner.Luckily I was able to save some.I worked in the yard a little tonight.Mowed a bit of grass until DD took over .Trimmed a little of the Fence line and pulled a few weeds in my flower garden.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2014

Cindy, seems you are always in motion!  How is DH coming along?  Is he ready for adventure?  So, is CA your summer destination?  I hope all your planning goes well.

Brookside, that was good advice on the job letter...of course, temporary disability should require job accommodation.  That makes sense.

Bunkie, sending positive thoughts and hoping for progress with your health and your home.  I am glad you found common ground with your cousin.  That age is challenging but I think it was a good thing for you to be there.

BigD/other Joan, I am glad you are able to share your reports here.  Where else but on BCO can we share the difficult challenges with people who will listen and care....it is hard sometimes to talk to friends or family.  Hang in here with us and we will walk with you through these uncharted places.  I have had the same xanax Rx for almost a year - i take it as needed but not too often.  I almost always start with 1/2 which takes the edge off but doesn't knock me out.  We are all different...then if needed, I pop the other half.  This is a time when you need to have anxiety relief.  We are going to wear out those pockets...better check for crumbs. 

Wishing all the dads out there Happy Father's Day. 

Kate, if you are on line, I am thinking of you each and every day. 

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2014

When do you sleep, Joan?  Seems you regularly post in the middle of the night and I imagine you prowling around in your nightie eating Dagwoods and ice cream.  Probably not, but it sure sounds yummy.

Josie, if your manager wants a meeting on Monday, you need to prepare now.  Write down what you want to say, if that helps.  It seems she has asked for a specific accomplishment (a week ahead on precertifications),and you will want to have a specific response (the words that occur to me, you probably should not consider--hee, hee).  Maybe something along the line of needing two extra hours every other week?  I would also mention that your doc believes you need a temporary reasonable accomodation, and that you will be working with him, and your manager as well, to establish the specifics.  And it is perfectly reasonable to let them know that they frighten you and that slows you down.  However the meeting goes, keep in mind that we'll all be right there with you, firmly on your side, and that you are an amazing, wonderful, strong, competent, woman.

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2014

So sorry your hubby is having such beastly problems, Cindy, and on a weekend that's all about the guys.  Gosh, I hope they can get this thing under control.  I grew up with two houses.  Brooklyn was home, Vermont the summer house.  I loved both places, but always hated missing out on whatever was happening where I wasn't.  Still working on being in two places at once.

What a relief, Lemon, that all your weird stuff is perfectly normal.  I"ll bet  all that discomfort, as they call it, feels a lot better, just knowing it's expected (although not by you).