Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2014

Janis, your symptoms are classic meningitis or possibly a severe case of Lyme disease! Please call your doctor asap and let us know how you do. Hugs!

BigD/Joan, honey I am so very sorry that you have been through so very much. I wish I lived near you to help. I would move you in with me immediately and help you...so sorry hon. Please feel better soon.

Cindy, prayers for your hubby and love your new do!

Josie, sounds like your career path may change soon...for the better! Glad the doctor at least knows you are a good worker and told you so.

Hugs to everyone else. Am at work as usual and have to get to it...busy time of year for me. BBL!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited September 2014

Thanks y'all!  Hubby is still down, in bed, procedure to open blockage caused infection, foley is out now, but still bleeding...his INR is low so cardio dr is upset...will go in later today if bleeding continues...ugh:( he's really depressed and cranky...good cause. Too sick to fly and not even going to think about driving...

Lemon - fingers&toes crossed that you are doing well and outcome will be pleasing to you:). Speedy healing!

Big D - yikers :((( so sorry that all is not going well...hope this week brings better moments...have you signed up for CaringBridge?  Just wondering what free services might be available in your area...talk with your nurse navigator or social worker...and demand one!  In your pocket xoxo

Diane - can we all come to the ND bus trip and football game!  Ooo who what fun :))) touchdown!

Josie - glad you are there for dd at appointment....how scary...for you both!  Will keep you in prayers.  Work drama ugh:( press on with the temp agency and keep looking....there is something better out there for you!

April - our Italian Chef...baby shower soon in your future...are you cooking?  Hope your DH is doing better...is there anything left in the department stores for newborns...bet you are setting up a beautiful nursery & spoiling the big sis too:)

Janis - did you go see your DR?  We are all waiting on your report! Pocket Party is very rowdy...so let us know!

SAB  ah! a summer paddle with DH :))) just what you need before the incoming freshmen attack!  Hope your dds are doing well.

RunFree - how's your DH? Are you ready for classes? Sometimes there is comfort in the routine and flow...and the excitement of eager new students to share and grow.  

Joan - ah :) beach time so fortunate to be able to escape around the block and lose oneself in the rhythm of the swells&surf...so mystified how the ocean and sky blend into each other...need to hit the lake and just read a book listening to the chop on the rocks...hope all is well with your kiddos and GKs...cheers!

Brookside, Bunkie, redhead, Gemini...a short week...TGIHolidays :D

You NE gals take pics at your meet up!

Pup and I are headed to doggy park...we've played fetch, walked the block, practiced request/commands...need him tired so crate looks real good as I slip out to line dance today!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited September 2014

So I've been absent for a couple of months.  Ran my total today.  408 cups of fruit & veggies in the freezer. Plus 8 pies & 14 bags of lazy cabbage rolls. I still have carrots & tomatoes to do.

I went 2 weeks ago & got my 1st tattoo ( I'm turning 60 soon).  VERY liberating.  Felt like a great weight lifted off me.  I think that has to do with not having any control over my life for the past year.  SO happy now!  Who knew something so simple could make a person feel so good.

Big D  I was SO excited to see you post.  I was getting very worried.  Then as I read my heart just sank. I wish I could be there in person & give you a big ol bear hug. Remember u are never alone in this, we are here for you.

Now that things are slowing down a bit I'm hoping to keep up with your posts. Hugs to all Fran

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited September 2014

April, thanks yes it is good to hear when your doing a good job.

Cindy, sorry to hear DH isn't much better.Actually I didn't get to go for the DR appointment with DD but plan on going to ultrasound.She didn't tell me about the appointment.

Busy day I had 19 Bone Densities today.And my manager wanted me to document on each on fee ticket what time they gave me the paperwork,what time of actually signed in.I really didn't have time for that but I did my best.of course no BMD insurance benefits for Friday.No time.

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited September 2014

Cindy that's upsetting about your husband.  I hope he gets stabilized and comfortable fast.  My husband's doing so much better, thanks.  I'm not really ready for classes--I start tomorrow at 8 am--but I'll have to go in there and make a good show of it!

Josie hang in there!  I have a feeling all your applications are going to pay off.  The temp agency will hear good things and look for something better for you.

April is your husband doing better?

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Thanks RunFree I hope so.

Good luck with your first day back!!

• josie123
    edited September 2014

My father in law gets his stem cell transplant tommorow.

The family has made a website for his journey it is

http://posthope.org/joe-hood

Here's a few pics of his party on Sunday

These are all his grandkids and greatgrandson my kids are on the right

• josie123
    edited September 2014

My father in law at the hospital.

• april485
    edited September 2014

Good luck to your FIL Josie! And 19 bone densities in ONE SHIFT is INSANE! That is way too many for one tech. WTF is wrong with your bosses?????

Runfree, hubby is doing well..thanks for asking.

Gotta run, my 11:30 appt just came in!

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2014

Josie - good family pics! Praying everything goes k for your FIL. How long will he be in the hospital? 

Need a few prayers - friend who has BC had to have MRI yesterday. A lump has shown up on her back. They thought it was a bulging disk at first but now could be the cancer has spread. It's small but still. She is an amazing lady with incredible faith. Will find out today. 

More prayers for 25 year old nephew. Had severe stomach pains, went to ER. DX diverticulosis. Emergency surgery. Drs said surgery went well. Few days later section ruptured. Back to emergency surgery- life threatening- surgery went well again. Has to wear the dreaded bag for 6-8 weeks. Hard to believe all of this happening for someone so young. Had another trip to ER over severe redness and pain in his foot. Not a clot as feared. So now brother and SIL, she is a RN, are bringing him back here for her dr to look at his medical records. He lives in Louisville, KY. So much to endure. Drs told him no more energy drinks, 5 hour anything, muscle building powders, etc. Absolutely has to change his diet drastically. Big time wake up call. DH has the same thing but he didn't have to have surgery. Changed his diet though. 

Cindy - thanks looking forward to it. It's a long trip. Stop at Effingham for lunch. We should get there in time for the pep rally! Go Irish! 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited September 2014

April,thanks  and yes I agree 19 bone densities are way too many.I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't trying to do this purposely, maybe hoping I'll quite or seeing how I handle the stress since if they had it their way my schedule would look like that everyday.

Diane, thanks for your prayers.He will be at the hospital for a min of 3 weeks or longer depending on his blood count and how long it takes him to rebuild his bone marrow cells.Yesterday was his last chemo treatment.Apparently he won't start feeling bad until next week.

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Diane, I will definitely say some prayers for your friend and your nephew.

• 70charger
    edited September 2014

Josie Wonderful family pics.  Thoughts & prayers sent for Fil.

April Glad to hear hubby on mend.

Edwards  If it doesn't rain it pours.  Fingers crossed for your friend. B9, B9

Your poor nephew. Hope his recovery is swift without anymore problems.

I dug potatoes this morn.  Have dreaded Dental cleaning in a bit. Oh & Southern  Alberta had SNOW yesterday. Yup!  You heard me correctly SNOW.  I'm so not ready for that. We have a cold snap coming.  Big high of 4C for Tues.  Bringing out the woollies.

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2014

Josie and Edwards-

-Lord, I thank you for the blessings of good health that I and those dear to me have enjoyed. May we continue to experience improved health in every aspect of our lives.  Restore physical health to all of us weakened with illness, peace to those troubled with worry, and comfort to those discouraged by problems.

Help us to find in the days of our strength a faith and trust in You and a love for one another to guide us through any health challenges we may face now for in the future.

Amen. 

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited September 2014

70Charger, I always insist on two numbing injections (top and bottom right) before I let them clean my teeth.  I think I'll need to add top left next time.  I'm still a baset case, but it surely helps.  Nobody tells you they can do this, but they can.

Josie, they give and they take--more hours, more bone densities?  Does not compute.  Would you consider calling the local hospital, asking to speak to a bone density tech or manager there, then offer to buy her coffee and ask about her schedule--how many scans, who does phone calls, who schedules, how managed?  Could be quite entertaining for both of you!

Your father-in-law looks like a wonderful, happy, superstrong, warrior.  I know he'll be going through hell, but they can only give that treatment to the top of the heap.  Prince warrior coat time, for sure.  How does he feel about the spangles?  Would he like more for extra strength?  Maybe a few less?  Just so he knows we can tailor it to his specific needs/preferences.

Edwards, your nephew is in my prayers.  It has to be doubly tough to have to give up all those young male body building products.  Not only his health, but his self image are taking a big hit.

April and RunFree and Cindy, so happy the hubby clique is on the healing path.  Rough times for all; they (and wives) sure deserve a better fall.

• ohiofan
    ohiofan Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2014

Redhead and Brookside,  I need a "like" button!

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Redheaded, beautiful prayer.Thank you.

70 charger, thank you for the prayers.Cold already? I hope we don't have a bad winter again.

Brookside, thank you for offering to design his Prince warrior coat.He is a very brave man.We love him a lot.

• josie123
    edited September 2014

70 charger, I'll take the cooler weather.Today in St.Louis we have a high of 95° with a heat index of 100-104°(feels like).I'm glad I got my yards cut on Tuesday.It's so humid out there already it's hard to breathe.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited September 2014

Nope, Josie.  Not I, but your FIL gets to do the designing.  I think it is currently pink, is it not?  Or is it lavender?  Both are lovely soothing, comforting, colors, but perhaps not his favorite?

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Brookside,I'll have to find out his favorite color.

• 70charger
    edited September 2014

Look Ma, NO cavities. lol   I don't mind the teeth cleaning, have to go back as she ran out of time.  But having a dentist work on my teeth is a WHOLE other thing.  TOO many REALLY bad things have happened to me in regards to that.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2014

Thank you Brookside. You are right these young kids think they are invincible. Its still unbelievable to me all of this is happening to someone so young. I can tell you at his age I lived on junk food, alcohol and diet cokes for the most part. 

Thank you Redheaded. What a beautiful prayer. I really teared up reading it. I've tried to keep my emotions in check for my brother and SIL's sake and for my friend. 

Thanks too 70charger - I'll keep repeating that. Haven't heard from her today. I hope that means they don't have the results yet. 

Josie - I appreciate it. This brother and SIL have so much on their plate. They have 3 other kids - 1 of whom is a special needs young man; 23 years old. He is my DH and my God son. Their stress level has to be off the chart. I hope the pain isn't too bad for your FIL. He's blessed to have such a loving family. Good grief 19 in one day? 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Diane, I will definitively pray for that family.My son is Autistic and I know what a challenge that is.

I can remember as a teen,young adult my diet wasn't great either by by age25yrs I had a family of my own.Funny how that changes things.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2014

70 charger how about a picture of your b-day tattoo?!

• 70charger
    edited September 2014

here ya go. On outside of left ankle. Taken a couple of hours after getting it.

• april485
    edited September 2014

Cool tat! Was expecting a tat of a 70's charger though...LOL

• 70charger
    edited September 2014

I had to get something small to start with. I want a large one on my back which will be my avatar with shredded bc ribbon in the clouds of smoke with the script saying burnout breast cancer.only diff is my avatar is a 68.  But back in the day we had a 68, now we have a 70.  But I like the 68 taillights, so a 68 it will be, in dark green. I have chosen Ryan Jenkins to do it.  He just moved to Hart & Huntington in Las Vegas.  He specializes in realism & has a lot of fine arts training.  I want it to look as real as possible.

• 70charger
    edited September 2014

Josie, long day for you guys today. Waiting sucks. hope procedure doesn't take too long.  Hugs, Thinking of you.

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2014

Josie, and your family are in my prayers on procedure day. .  Waiting isn't easy and our minds can take over with fear and worry and anxiety even though we know that those things won't hurry the results or change the outomes.  I pray for his medical team as well.  ((((HUGS)))

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited September 2014

Josie, thinking of you and your family.  I will be very interested in how your FIL does, as I will be going through the same procedure at some point in time, God willing.  You will be in my prayers.  I know there are many people who have been through this and they come out with either complete remission or very close to it, but going through it is difficult.  He looks strong though, and as we know, everyone is different and I pray he will not have a too difficult time with his stem cell transplant.  Thank you for the photos.  God bless.

Big D