Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• B_kicks_C
    B_kicks_C Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

@julz4 Where are you in PA?  If you are close enough to consider Hopkins - I go to Mercy's Hoffberger Center in Baltimore and I can't say enough good things about the team there.  I chose there over Hopkins as I feel they are far more Patient oriented then JH.  I am more then happy to talk to you, answer any questions about Mercy or my experience with Hopkins.  I have a lot going on and initially considered relocating to get treatment at Sloan Kettering...but found that I am more then confident with the care I am able to get locally. 

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited August 2014

New update on job situation.My manager calls me and wants to have me come in tommorow to meet with my boss.I said now.I didn't tell her I had a temp job Tommorow.She said she wanted to talk to me about my hours and stuff.I said " decreasing them?" She said no, increasing them.I don't believe her.But I'll have to wait until next week now to find out.I think they wanted to fire me.There was a resume on her desk when I walked into her office.They've been interviewing.Oh well what happens happens.

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373
    edited August 2014

B Kicks C....Thanks for your input.  I already set things up to see the Dr.'s PA as she is the one that follows the Patient after the healing is done from Surgery.  So I will follow the PA for Dr. Euhus & hope I never need a biopsy or surgery again.  I am just a few miles from the MD boarder near Civil War territory. I am to go to the main Hospital for my first appt. on October 7th. It will be about a hour 20-30 minutes. Again Thanks & I can always change anything I don't like!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2014

Joan really good questions about dogs in cars.  Our rule of thumb is we never take ours anywhere in the summer.  Breaks their hearts, but unless it is a quick trip to get fuel and no errands, they have to stay home.  They overheat in a hot vehicle very quickly.  Winter is different and they go with us frequently as long as it is cold.  We rarely go anywhere that we are gone long., so they are allowed.  They go crazy when they see us getting ready to go.  If you would not leave a child in the car, do not leave a dog.  I understand you not having a dog with such hectic schedules.  We are home almost all the time sol they get a ton of attention, romps out front, leash walks and we play with them too.   All of my animals are rescues, and they are not disposable pets.  I took them all with the promise of giving them a great home, and that is one thing I do well.  I wish I could save so many more.  I can only do so much, but all of mine are wonderful with distinctly different and unique personalities.  My two Golden Retrievers are nearing ten and with that comes fear of losing them.  They are so prone to many different cancers and many get sick suddenly and are lost very soon after diagnosis.  I lost my first Golden to a very aggressive cancer, he had just turned five.  We lost our beloved Border Collie to Osteosarcoma about a month after diagnosis.  I honestly don't think I will cope losing another one.  I can't go there in my head or I will go nuts and never come back.  They are much more than dogs to me, and my three cats are as well.  Both Chuck and I are deeply committed to our furkids!  We moved here to Idaho from Wyoming four years ago.  Our five 'children' came with us.  Some people actually seemed surprised that we brought them.  Why?  We wouldn't leave human kids behind!  One thing I can say is our pets are NOT disposable.  We adopted them for life, and so they shall live with us as long as they are here on this earth.  Edwards I think it was you who mentioned calling about those kittens.  What a joke.  We had called before on a person down our block, they have a lot of cats and they are kept outside, and they have kittens every spring.  We drive down the street so carefully as these precious babies are in the street playing.  We called our local Animal Control and they said there are no limits here in Nampa for the number of cats a person can have.  Even with the neglect, these cats all being outdoors, there is no law about that either.  I get very frustrated as I love animals so much.  If people would just be more responsible....sigh........

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited August 2014

Hello, my friends!  Another drive-by post from Gemini here. ;-)

Where to start?  Apparently national dog day was yesterday, so yeah another dog lover here.  We have a sweet 6 1/2 year old black Lab mix girl who was brought up from Tennessee by a rescue organization. Her pregnant mother was rescued as a stray, so her whelping happened in a foster setting down in TN. There were three chocolate boys and three black girls, all adorable. We got the runt, and she's now 82 lbs!  We were in touch years ago with a family who had one of her brothers, and he was over 100 lbs (and not fat). She's a long, lean Field-type Lab, but there has to be some other breed in her as well. The odds of two pure stray Labs seems pretty low. I've also met other black Lab mix rescues who have similar tails to hers (a bit longer than a pure Lab's) who also come from TN. So I've decided that her official breed is "Tennessee Lab."

Janis, your story is so awful, and that must have been so upsetting for you to have to witness that. Your pets sound very lucky to have you for a parent!  :-)

What I'm about to say is not a value judgement, just my observation -- I've noticed that in my area (metro Boston), there's a different attitude towards dogs than I've seen in my home state of Missouri when I've visited (where it's not uncommon in the country to see a dog tied out to a tree, and it probably spends most of its time that way -- no walks or games of fetch) . Our shelters here have plenty of cats, but most of the dog rescue organizations have to bring dogs up from the south and Midwest to be adopted because there aren't a lot of local dogs needing homes.  A number of dogs also come up all the way from Puerto Rico (these stray street dogs are called Satos -- I have two friends with these dogs, and they're very sweet and special -- they're the ultimate mutt). Here (and probably most major cities) we have boutiques and bakeries that cater specifically to dogs. (For example, I take my dog to a self-serve dog wash place called LaundroMutt, and they have organic dog treats for sale, etc.). We have dog daycare centers (at $30/day) so that dogs don't have to be home alone while everyone is off at work. If a dog owner had a pet on a tie-out, neighbors would probably be out with pitchforks and torches!  ;-)  The silver lining of all of this is that the Northeast has a high demand for rescue dogs, so many shelter dogs in the south and Midwest can find homes up here. 

Josie, those puppies are adorable!  I can see how it would have been hard to say no to that new baby dog. Is there any way that your daughter could approach a local shelter, explain the story of how this dog came into her life, and perhaps see if another home could adopt it?  And in the meantime she could provide a foster home until a new home is found. I'm sure she is already in love. But having two dogs is such a major commitment, and it seems like almost a burden for someone so young. It's a lot of money to care for animals, and it also can limit where she can live. Just a thought, and forgive my preachiness!  ;-)

On the subject of MOs ... I was busy with lots of long weekend travel this summer (someone -- was it Joan or. Brookside? -- asked me where I've been) ... Cape Cod, a round-trip drive to northern Michigan to take our daughter to camp, a visit to St Louis (my hometown, and it was a delayed birthday celebration of my 50th bday in late May), and I just got back from Ohio visiting one of my sisters. Whew!  So anyway, I was supposed to see one of my oncologists in July for the three-month checkup. Between my MO's schedule and mine (and I waited till July to make the appointment, bad me!), I don't see her until the second week of September. Oops. Well, I find these quarterly appointments pretty uneventful. They seem like a formality.  Unlike some others on these boards, I don't ever have any blood work done.  I get a breast exam (which seems useful because I trust that they know what to look for), maybe a blood pressure check, and a short conversation (which is usually me asking about complementary therapies -- herbs, supplements, etc -- that I discover on BCO and the doctor saying that they're not necessary).  Have any of you gotten off schedule with your appointments?

Hope everyone is doing well here!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited August 2014

Enjoy your temp job, Josie.  The ambiance should be a welcome change. 

How wonderful that you can be so relaxed about your onc appointments, Gemini.  Mine are six months apart, I think, and I wish they were still quarterly--so many questions, so many weird symptoms.  I did have an in-between appointment this summer because my hip pain was so severe, and thank goodness that turned out to be bursitis.  I'm happy I'll see him again next month for the originally scheduled visit.  It's kind of disappointing, isn't it, that supplements and alternatives don't have a better track record.  Mine will order my DEXA scan in the spring, and last year ordered some blood work, including liver function and vitamin D level.  Now that I'm on a biosphate, he'll order calcium levels as well.

Julz, you raise an interesting point when you mention you do not have/need a medical oncologist.  I assumed they follow us because we've had cancer, but I guess it's because we've either had chemo, as you mentioned, or, like me, are on aromatase inhibitors?  

Janis, really?  People were surprised you moved the dogs?  I will say that when my parents bought this Vermont house in 1949, a cat did come with it, but the previous owners just moved down the road  It was the cat, in cat fashion, who voted against the move.  We were only here summers, and old Clover wintered with her original family, in standard snowbird fashion.

I had my water checked and it has lead.  Not sure about the next step.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2014

Anne your grandson is too funny and you have quite a reputation, super grandma!

Hope your grandson is back to school.  My Jacob gies back today. 

More later...

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2014

Josie, I am eager to hear how your temp job went.  I did a little temping and didn't like being the new kid all the time, but you are used to medical work and I bet it will feel good to step into another reality.  Also happy birthday to you and Bunkie!

Brookside I was sorry to see you've been having some struggles.  I hope you have the right med now.

Good hearing from you Gemini.  I'm always struck by how similar our cancer profiles and timelines are, and our ages.  And we live relatively near each other.  Maybe one day we'll meet....hard to picture quite when I could do that, but I'm optimistic.

I've been reading and following along but obviously not posting.  We've just had our four-day week of all-day meetings before the semester starts and I've been spooning my kids into their school year too.  Everybody's doing fine, and I'm so relieved to have a week of ordinary busyness that isn't some new breed of chaos. 

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited August 2014

Gemini - tied to a tree? OMG that makes me sick. That is so cruel. Tennessee is pro-active about dog abuse but I'm sure in the rural areas you might see a dog tied up. Disgusting. We have doggie places too like Three Dog Bakery, Petco, Hollywood Feed - where the dogs can come in the store with you and sample all these cool treats and run around. 

Wonder why you never have any blood work done? My ONC does it primarily to monitor the effects of Tamoxifen but had run the tumor marker tests twice. I get the BP done 103/69 - hard to believe with my personality and a brief visit with ONC. We are about rescue dogs too - never going to pay hundreds of dollars for a dog. 

Janis - that's so outrageous. How inhumane can you get?  Our babies love to go for rides too and walks. Have to tell you a story...this guy had a note on his window - please don't break my window the a/c is on for my dog! 

Josie - if that's their intent that is so cowardly. So hope the temp job works out. 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited August 2014

Gemini, nice to hear from you.Hey next time your going to be in St.Louis look me up.

That is interesting how the further east you go the less strays.I had no idea.

Janis, your puppy dogs are lucky to have such a good mamma like you.

Brookside and RunFree, thanks for asking,my day was actually pretty good.The office was tiny and it was not just front office but everything.The lady I worked with was very nice and we worked well together.She was frazzled from the get go because of the computer wasn't working and she had to wait till9:00 for tech support.But she handled it well and then having to train me on top of it I think she did well.I caught on quickly and that really helped.No EMR.So really like stepping back into time for me.The only thing they used the computers for was appointment s and sending lab requisition s in.The chart thing is definitely not new to me so I just went with the flow.She was very impressed.Too bad I was just filling in for the day.Plus they are only there 29 hrs a week.Not a position I would desire but I really enjoyed it.My lady from the temp agency called me today.She said that the other position that she thought would be temp to perm would probably turn out to be temporary.She definitely wouldn't want me to quite for a job like that.But she has a lead for me on a place right around the corner from where I am now front office full time but they want you to work till 7:30 pm 2 nights a week. I told her I would let her know .Not sure I want to be gone that late because my DH doesn't get home till 9-9:30 pm .And that's on the nights he actually gets off.

• brooksidevt
    edited August 2014

Josie, finally, good things are happening.  Probably that one day in the little office tells the employment agency lady that you are a star prospect and maybe more things will open up for you over the next couple of months.  I'd suggest going on the interview for the new job, even if you think the evening hours might not work for your family.  Not only will you be able to practice your interview skills, but you'll get an inside look at how a different practice operates.  RunFree, boy, must you be happy to step back into a perfectly normal school year!  Meetings, committees, class prep, grading, must be looking pretty good after the ups and downs and craziness of this summer.  Normal probably never looked so good.  Best wishes for a very happy, perfectly normal, academic year.

Stray dogs?  Never saw them when I lived in NYC or on Long Island, but then there are animal control people.  Here in Vermont, we see Lost Dog notices, not strays.  I  do have some regular,unaccompanied, four-legged visitors who cruise my property on weekends, so I guess some city people are probably celebrating their dogs' (and, no doubt, their own) wild ancestry. 

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2014

I have not started my Rad yet as I have to have a re-excision due to unclean margins with surgery but I have a question for you all. Did any of you continue to work during Rads or did you stay off? I am a Respiratory Therapist and I am not sure what to do. Also what did you do to prepare for this? Did you start to pre moisturize or anything? I see my RO next week for my first meeting so I will ask him too but I have vitiligo and am very nervous about SE with Rads as I have no pigment on my breast.

• Dogsneverlie
    Dogsneverlie Member Posts: 164
    edited August 2014

Hi NCollett:

I worked during rads - very busy assistant to a VP - only got a little fatigued towards the very end.  For Rads (and they will tell you this) DO NOT pre moisturize before the actual treatment. I had a small bottle of Eucerin lotion that I brought with me and after the treatment, I applied before getting dressed and I have to say, I applied like 5 times a day or whenever I could, I think that made a huge difference in my skin and how it healed.  I did not have any blistering, got very dark and even with all the lotion, still leathery but I finished in May and STILL moisturize. 

Your RO will answer all of your questions - DON'T BE AFRAID to ask anything!

Donna 

• brooksidevt
    edited August 2014

Ncollett, I don't know of anyone with vitiligo on her breast, but lots of us with very fair skin had no problems out of the ordinary with rads.  I slathered on emu oil for a few days before rads started, then every morning and evening (morning had to be four hours before tx).  During the day I used the cream they gave me at rads (Jeans Cream).  I wore a man's white T next to my skin 24/7. 

I asked my RO to put me on disability throughout treatment and for two months afterward, and kind of wish it had been longer; I still don't have my pre-dx energy, but I think that's an emotional rather than a physical effect.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited August 2014

On the subject of pets. My BT brought his litttle dog with him for his extended visit. I grew up with dogs but am allergic to cats and dogs now. However they were a package deal and she is a really cute little thing. I just keep her out of my bedroom and take some benedryl when I get bad. She has taken to me quite fast and outside of a couple accidents has been no trouble at all. I assumed she would stay in the kitchen with food and water etc when we went places. Well the dog has never stayed alone. In Ca she goes to the auto shop with my BT and goes to get all the parts etc all day. She is used to being in a car and has a fit if you leave her at home. There is the problem. So we came up with a plan. If we go get food etc we go in the morning quickly and she stays in the car with water and cracked windows. If it is going to be a longer time to shop I go alone. If we pick up food on a hot day one of us stays in the car with the air on with her. We do not leave her at home alone because she would be scared. This is not her house she is used to. If I got sick and had to go to the ER we would have to leave her here for a bit but that is the only time. After reading all this posting about animals in cars I may just do all the shopping alone. We have had a cool summer and like I said we  never leave her in a hot car. Michigan is very pet friendly but not so much that you can take a dog in the store. We have a doggie spa here also. I am adjusting. I run the vacuum every day and use those pet roller pick up things like crazy. So far my asthma has not erupted from her being here. Wish me luck if they stay ill Christmas. Happy

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2014

So he fid go ahead and put you on disability 

• edwards750
    edited August 2014

ncollett - I didn't work during RADS but not because of problems with the treatments, it was because I was having a hard time concentrating. No matter what I did - slept more, exercise - didn't seem to help and I had a job that required focus and no mistakes. I worked in billing at FedEx Freight. The pressure was constant and relentless so I took a medical leave. Didn't help that DS added to my anxiety with his antics. 

Diane 

• RunFree16
    edited August 2014

ncollett, bummer about the re-excision.  I worked during rads, but I was nearly an hour from the cancer center so I needed to reduce my work schedule just to fit in the drive time.  I had people drive me every day because I was worried about getting sleepy on the road, though I probably would have been OK.  I loved having different drivers because then I was just looking forward to the conversation, not thinking about slogging through the 30 days.  There were a few nights when I was unaccountably sleepy by like 8 pm, but nothing so distinct that I could definitely say, "Yup, that's the rads."  One friend told me that the rads fatigue hit her two weeks after rads was finished, so I was bracing myself for that.  Never happened.  I'm fair-skinned and didn't burn; my RO swears by aloe gel and that worked well for me.  But I don't know about the vitiligo angle.  It does seem to be the case that different people experience rads very differently.  Some burn, some get very tired, yet others breeze through it.  I would maybe say set up your work to be able to scale back in case you need it, then see how it goes, if that's possible.

• RunFree16
    edited August 2014

And yes Brookside, I'm looking forward to a plain vanilla semester!  But with my daughter applying to college, I suspect there will be at least SOME drama....

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited August 2014

ncollett -- I'm self-employed and work from home.  I did continue to work through rads, but it was manageable due to my flexibility. I also had the advantage of living an easy 10-minute ride to the hospital. Most days I would have the whole rads visit done in an hour door-to-door. I had a morning slot (8:15 if I recall correctly) -- I would show up unshowered and wearing something like sweats. Then I'd shower and get dressed in "real" clothes (and lube up the boob!) once I was home. Having the early am time slot made the cream application easy -- I'd slather lotion on at bedtime, and it would be absorbed by the morning. I used a combination of Jean's Cream and My Girls cream (both specially formulated for breast rads -- one was available at my hospital's gift shop, and both are available online -- just google the names).  My skin held up fine, but at one point it got irritated (which was very normal). My RO prescribed silvadine cream, and that helped a great deal. I think most rads centers are the same where you see the RO once a week, but there's a nurse there every day. I was a squeaky wheel -- I mentioned any and every concern whenever I needed to. That's what the nurses are there for. They were a very supportive team. Others may have mentioned this, but be sure to stay very hydrated.  Drink more than your usual intake of water. I felt kind of crummy at first during rads, and the nurse suggested it was dehydration. I upped my water, and all the symptoms subsided. 

Bunkie, that sounds like a sweet dog. Now, I'm not one to game the system, but ..... I was reading an article not long ago in the ny times that talked about how it's not too hard to get a pet designated as a service dog. Valid reasons are anxiety (and who doesn't have that these days?!), seizures, in addition to the usual vision and hearing disabilities. So if this little guy had a service vest on, he (or is it a she?) could accompany you into a store. But you didn't hear this from me. ;-)

Hope everyone has a nice long weekend. This is my least favorite weekend of the year. :-(  But I'll manage to enjoy it. I just love the summer ... 

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2014

Hi y'all

Whew, so far behind will need to play catchup! So forgive not shouting out to everyone!

Happy Birthdays...a bit belated but never to late!

Bunkie - check out doggy day care!  Seriously it's about $15 a day but you and BT need the time!

RunFree - nothing wrong with vanilla...

Joan - glad GS is better

Hubby is very ill...has been in and out of the ER/Hospital this week and the pup is a challenge normally would hop a plane to CA, but trying to stick it out here...is CA Dr is out of country for 2 more weeks.

Headed for a shower and then doggy park!  My pup is too young for doggy daycare and can slip through our iron fence so it's crate or take and sit out in the heat...together so don't call police

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• brooksidevt
    edited August 2014

So sorry, Cindy.  When his real doc comes back, I guess you'll be heading to CA?  I so wish I were nearer--I'd take very, very good care of Puppykins, not to mention you and hubby. Sending love and prayers.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2014

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear hubby isn't doing well.  Tell that pup he needs to grow up fast!  This is an extra stressful time for you, so be sure to take time to smell the roses with the pup (or without) as you can.  I looked for you while flying into the Dallas airport to change planes.....I think I spotted your car either near the dog park or the river, wasn't quite sure which.  Hugs, dear lady, and be sure hubby's got the fabulous prince coat on with the extra big pockets......

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2014

BigD/Joan - thinking of you xoxo. When you are able post...

Lemon - hope you are home and your procedure tweaking went well this week :))) healing time...home sweet home. 

Sew - DFW fun airport always a different terminal...in Austin Hill Country...I smell like wet pup

Guess I didn't hear the bell ringing and hubby had to come find me...didn't know he knew how to take pics on iPad...maybe the infection has turned the corner...whew, doggy park had a few playmates and pool time...nap time...shirt in mouth is to combat all those doggy kisses...lap pup :) ok zzzzz

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2014

Geeze, Cindy, that is one BIG lap pup!  Great picture!  Love your hair cut....

• josie123
    edited August 2014

Cindy, cute picture.Sorry DH is so sick.What is it? Bladder infection?Nice to see you resting a little.Good for you.Everybody needs to rest sometime.That puppy is growing by leaps and bounds.He must be eating well.Sorry I missed something what's in CA?

Yesterday we had that meeting at work boss always starts it off pointing out the negative.Apparently a patient wanted a long time for her Bone Density.Like over an hour.She saw the doctor first since I was a little behind'm He wasn't on time either.If I remember correctly

She saw me way later than her original appointment.Not necessarily my fault.Usually I'm no more than 20-30 min behind if I do get behind.It's those patients that come in with new insurance or no referral for add ons that runs me behind or the receptionist doesn't get her checked in until 15 min after he  appointment.But to make a statement like"well the providers have been complaining their patients are so late getting to them when they have a appointment with them after the bone density" Whatever!!! It's always something.So I asserted myself and told my manager that there is just too much to do for 1 person in 3 days a week.Well the increase in my hours consists of coming in30 min early on Mon and Wednesday and staying 30min later those days.And on Fridays coming in at 7:00 am and working until 4:30. That is like 4 1/2 hours extra a week.Wup T Do Da.And they found out how far behind I was on results.Well that didn't go over too well at all.I should of let them know.My response was"why ?so I can get yelled at" well I decided I should talk to Dr who is in charge of the bone density program.I said that I have the utmost respect for him as a doctor and enjoy working with him but I just seem to not have enough time in the day to by everything done that's expected of me.He said that I'm doing a good job.I told him he was probably the only that thinks I'm doing a good job.And how much it upsets me that when I leave the job is never done and there are always patients that are waiting on results.He said I shouldn't feel that way when I leave and that he would talk to the manager next week.I also let him know they cleaned out my phone calls and divided them up to the nurses and th a t they did increase my hours a little to help me get caught up.But I also said they are only giving me the month of Sept to get caught up and stay caught up and we would see how it improves by the end of the month.I told him it was nice working with him in case they fire me by the end of the month.He just kind of gave me a nervous chuckle like I was being a little paranoid.I don't think he believes it.I want to trust him but he may be on their side.My manager went into his office after our meeting and closed his door.Who knows what they told him.Sorry my post is so one sided.I wish I could say it was more positive.My oldest DD brought the puppies over last night..We had them till she got off work.Lots of puppy messes.I tried to keep them outside as much as I could.But my dog gets playing too hard and the pups get scared and run to the porch for safety.I couldn't leave them alone long.I guess I'm g king to clean this weekend.They want me to come in Tuesday to work for 3 hours.But that is just this Tuesday.Not permanent.We had a busy morning ,license plates renewed, New bank card for DH(apparently it was compromised) and grocery store.Whew.But DH has to be in early tonight.And of course he works all day tommorow and Monday.They are having my husband's relatives over for my father in law before he goes into the hospital.Big get together .But Monday will be quiet.No plans.Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

((Hugs)) Josie

• edwards750
    edited August 2014

Cindy - sorry your DH is ill. What is wrong? I love the pic too and the haircut. He is a big sweetie!

DH and I took the babies to the vet for shots. Long wait because it is a small place and the people up front move at a snail's pace. Still the little darlings were so good. Didn't bark once and we were there 2 hours. This place is so much cheaper than the vets in my town. So it's worth the wait and the vets are so compassionate. They have to have 2 more rounds..only cost 57 a piece and we got their heartworm pills free. Company is giving away samples. Still 2 more babies and the parents to go. Need a canine account for sure. 

Josie - I'm glad you talked to the dr in charge and if the lady bad mouthed you so be it. You can only do the best job you know how. If they don't like the job you are doing then stop having all these stupid meetings and just let you go if that is their intent. These implied threats are so unprofessional. We are still hoping the other job works out for you. They spend an inordinate amount of time talking about the same thing over and over again. It's clear you need help. How hard is that to understand? Are they just trying to pressure you to quit? 

Low key weekend for us too. Went out last night and will Sun night but that's it. We are going on the bus trip next weekend to the Notre Dame campus to see my Irish play Michigan. 50 of us are going. It is so much fun, now if they can just WIN!

Have a nice holiday everyone!

Diane 

• josie123
    edited August 2014

Diane, glad you got your pets taken care of for a low price.

Your right they do talk about the same thing over and over in these meetings.And what a joke an extra 4 1/2 hrs.Like that's going to solve things.I don't know why I haven't been fired either since they seem so unhappy with me.The doctor would be very upset if I quite but I got to do what's best for me and my family.I'm going to call the temp agency Tuesday and tell her I'm interested in that position.It pays $3 more than what I'm making and is full time.Maybe we could just see how it works with the later hours.My mother always asks if she can help out with the kids.

• josie123
    edited August 2014

BTW Diane, sounds like a good idea using a low cost vet for the shots.My pets are over due like over a year but the dog had to get her shots since we had to board her at the kennel while on vacation.The vet we go to charges a arm and a leg .It would be like almost $100 for just a rabies shot for 1 cat.By the time you pay the office visit and the tag and shot.Can't afford that.My daughter uses a low cost spay/neuter clinic sponsored by a local furniture store.They don't take appointments and Are like$10 for a rabies shot.My vet is close to us since we were friends and he gives us a break a lot of times.Sometimes by Not charging an office visit ect.But I feel a little guilty by going to the other place for the shots.But you got to do what you've got to do.

Have a great time on your trip next weekend.

• RunFree16
    edited August 2014

Cindy now I'm going to worry about your husband.  I hope he gets better pronto.  So upsetting.  But it's great he took that picture.  I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you--is that possible?  Very cute!  Cute puppy too.

Josie, more drama, my goodness.  I think the job with the evening hours would be a good move.  Who knows how long that schedule might last, or what the job would lead to.  I've had to work evenings sometimes and it stinks until I get started, and then I just kind of roll with it.  It would be nice to have more money too.  But most of all, it would be so great to get out of that snake pit.  In the meantime I hope the additional hours ease things up at least a little bit, better yet a lot.  I'm glad you talked to the doctor.  Good luck to your FIL.  Big doings in your life, my goodness.

Lemon, keen to hear how your surgery went.

BigD/Joan, we're thinking of you.  Can you feel the positivity coming your way?  I hope you are feeling good, making progress and hearing good things.