Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2014

Sew I have been wondering about you with all those fires out there.  I watch the news a few times a day and am so horrified.  It is difficult to watch.  I saw tonight they caught the man who deliberately set one of the fires.  Prison for life for this man!  He deserves it.  We are getting smoke here, the air quality is now in the moderate category.  How bad is it where you are?  I hope you are not threatened in any way.

Diane I would probably have a small farm if I could afford it.  I would love to rescue more.  Do you have Golden Retrievers?  I know someone on here does as well. 

Josie you poor thing!  I can see it is hard to get a good rest in your house.  At least you got to lie down and get off your feet.  Good girl.

Cindy, I so love your posts.  I hope DH starts feeling better.  It is always such a concern.  Love the puppy tales, they are so much work but so fun.  My oldest is ten, rescued from a puppy mill at about 4 months.  Sampson was adopted through a Golden Retriever rescue in Colorado and was a Mother's Day gift from my son.  He was a young adult when we got him and we have had him a little over eight years.  So both are seniors now and I worry so much having already lost two cherished boyz to cancer.  It is an evil disease for sure.

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited September 2014

Thanks everyone for the sweet birthday greetings.  So nice to hear from you excellent faraway friends.  I know 51 isn't so old in the scheme of things, but it's older than I've ever been!  A birthday is kind of like a spotlight shining on your life, making the good things brighter and the bad things have deeper shadows.  Diane I hope you do get proper attention for your 60th.  Want me to write your husband a little note??!?  Cindy I hope yours is really on the mend.  Josie I hope your life gets easier!  You totally deserve this little getaway.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited September 2014

Janis, Yes I got a little rest.Thanks for being so concerned.

RUNFREE, yes I am looking forward to that weekend.2 more days.

SAB and Sew, hope you were not affected by the wildfires.

I worked at the temp job today. Busy but good. I hope the lady was as impressed as last time. She did express her thanks when I left.The only thing is if they need me again I will be eating my lunch in my car. The lunch room is infested with roaches.

I made leftover tacos and used the microwave to heat it up. Well I was the the only one in the lunch room .now I know why. I sat there and watched a roach climb out from under the microwave and across the counter top.Yucky.It sure did make my skin crawl.This is a very old medical office with like 3 floors of offices.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited September 2014

hi Janis, yes, I'm fine.  Fires and draught here are totally frightening.  Lake Shasta upper arm is just a dry creek bed.  Rest of the lake is exposing things from the 1870's.  The glacier on mt. Shasta is all but melted on the south side.  I've never seen it look like that.  The fires are scary, but , knock on wood, none near me.   The good news is, we actually had a bit of rain here today.  Less than 1/4 inch, but it came from the north so hopefully they got some moisture too.  I'm afraid they didn't get any moisture down south or in Yosemite. 

Anyway, I'm doing fine. Just had my mammo and ultra sound and they've decided I don't need the MRI to look at some sort of strange bumps. Just go back in 1 year...had been 6 month follow ups.   Also just had my yearly follow up endoscopy to check on my Barrett's  too, but I expect that's just fine also.  So...I'm good. 

I do follow as best I can what everyone's doing, but in general don't have time to post.  I do hope you get this neck thing straightened out soon

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited September 2014

Hi, I was reading along last week end then went to CT for grandson's 11th BD and then it was time for the work wee...I just can't seem to be able to find much time to post during the week, 

Run, Happy Birthday!  I hope you partied hard!
    Diane, congratulations on your new grandson.  I am glad to hear he is doing well.  Do they live nearby? 
    Josie, I loved your goldfish story.  My DD's 2 sons came home with 5 fish from a carnival with their nanny.  Out to buy the fish tanks...but the fish did not live more than a few days.  You witnessed a miracle!  As for DD's friend, it's OK to set boundaries in your family (unless you find out that her home is unsafe or unhealthy), and she can visit and enjoy time with you when appropriate.  Your MiL is showing signs of stress and being distracted or forgetful is normal under the circumstances. 
    So glad you will get away.  I hope you enjoy it. 

Cindy, I am glad to hear DH is showing signs of being on the mend.  What a year you have had.  You surely made me smile when I was skimming and saw "hickey" and "lick me dry" in the same paragraph....had to go back to find out you were being silly about your puppy.
    Careful! LOL

Sew, I have a colleague who lives in Weed CA near Shasta.  That town lost many homes.  I have not heard from him yet.  When I was there at the College of the Siskiyous, we talked about the fire danger there.  Some of those forested valleys are "dead ends" without through roads.  Very tough situation all around.  We have had so little rain here -- I am also enjoying the rainy days.
    I am glad to hear you passed your mammo test.   Whew...relax for another year.

Bunkie, that contractor is a rat and a sleeze.  I'm glad you can do without him.  We did a bath renovation last year and the shower floor does not drain correctly - leaves puddles of water.  We asked him to come back and of course he doesn't answer our calls. 

70Charger, I feel the same way about losing the daylight quickly...and you probably are losing the daylight earlier than I am.  I do like winter in a lot of ways (no allergies!); but winters on L.I. are quite temperate.

Hi SAB, hope all is well...can't wait to hear all about your latest adventures.

I am falling asleep so will sign off...
    Happy end of summer!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2014

hello all. We are in the clear here, but may have an upcoming trip affected by fires. We shall see. 

Sew I know how scary the drought is. The creek near our house has gone completely dry and our reservoir is lower than I've ever seen it. I heard today that rice will be scarce this year and expensive. 

Went to see doc for some back pain. Scheduled for ultrasounds pelvic and abdominal for a look see. Unnerving to see lab report (blood work)coldly reporting that bc patients have increased chance of ovarian cancer. Sigh. Have to wait until mid October.

Hope hubbies are well. happy bday run! Sew good news! Josie yuck!!! Hugs to all. 

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited September 2014

Ladies, it is northeast gettogether time.  Joan (our gettogether ringleader), who is not surprisingly busy, busy, busy with the new semester, suggests we pick a time during the weekend of October 10 - 12.  Saturday?  Sunday? Lunch?  Brunch? Cocktails?  Joan (Long Island) and I (southern Vermont) have long histories of driving, driving, driving, and hope some of the rest of you  local-ish ladies, will be able to join us somewhere in New England.   I know we have members in CT, MA, and NH, and distances are well, distant, but I'd think carpooling would work for some of us for some of the trip.

I guess the first step is to find out who could be available (post on the thread, or please pm me, as Joan isn't necessarily finding time to get online), and then select a meeting place.  One nominee is Foxwoods in CT.  Others?

Can't wait to hear from y'all!

• justmejanis
    edited September 2014

Sew thanks for posting so quickly.  I am so relieved you are okay.  SAB as well.  Our California ladies are a little too close for comfort sometimes.  We used to camp at Lake Shasta when I was a kid.  I am not sure where Hat Creek is, but I caught my first fish there.  In high school we lived in Reno so Tahoe was a favorite Lake.  I have not been there in years but I know it is nothing like the lake I remember.  The drought conditions in the west have taken a huge toll. 

Sew I am so happy all your tests were good.  I am on the one year mammo plan and it is fine with me.  I really don't worry about the BC returning.  Great news on the Barrett's too.  My ex DH was recently diagnosed with that.  So far he is doing really well.

Joan, I know you are really busy so it is always nice to hear from you.  I sure hope you are getting enough rest.  Allergies are terrible here too, then this smoke from all the fires is really hard on my poor DH.  Last night is smelled so strong here.  Today is supposed to be bad as well then we get a break tomorrow for a day or so. 

Brookside how I wish I could travel to meet you gals.  It will be really special I know.  :)

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2014

Hey Brookside, believe it or not, I am free to mee that weekend at Foxwoods! Let me know...

gotta run again...at work as usual...ugh!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited September 2014

Great, April!  Anyone else? 

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2014

at the risk of hijacking the thread, I just want to quickly say that I will be away on the Cape that weekend (Columbus Day holiday). We go with a big group every year on this long weekend. But don't let me hold up plans if everyone else is free! 

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2014

Just back from the ENT's office to discuss the MRI.  Nothing significant in the MRI. Says maybe the TMJ doctor will do TRIGGER POINTS---HEll NO, he isn't doing that.  I insisted to this yahoo again, that it is a pressure feeling in my ear.  So, he said the TMJ dr. wanted him to scope me again (snarked that tube up my nose with the light on it which He's lucky he didn't get kneed for).  then he said, well, maybe you have Patulous Eustachian tuve dysfunction.  Main cause in women my age is hormone drop..(Arimidex caused???)  So he knw I was pissed and he knew I was not keen on letting them put tube in my ear surgically and then have to put a plug in my ear whenever I showered, etc. and it might affect the way things soundddd,etc. And he knows I think my MO walks on water, which I think pisses him off.

Was going to call my MO, but thought I better cool down first., since I like the guy.  He (MO) had said I could go off the AI for 3-4 weeks, but since I've been on it for 4 months, ENT thinks I'd probably need to be off it for 6 m onths to get hormones back to normal, which I can't do........  And did you know the cause of aneurisms in women our age is hormone loss......  WHAT THE F...k else aren't they telling us when they take away our hormones.

Sorry, but right now, I feel like the cancer is going win in wrecking my life--one way or another.....   

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited September 2014

I AM NOT WORTH PIZZA!!!! (This is what I want printed on my urn with my ashes -- why you may ask?)

My 20-year anniversary of working at my company is next Tuesday.  In years past, I would get a review and a modest raise or no raise and a bonus.  That turned into I have not had a raise in 5 years and will get no bonus this year due to my being out sick so much this year. It is okay, I have accepted it.  I need medical insurance more than anything and there have been discussions about letting me go.  My boss admitted that to my face.

We have a once a week calendar meeting and I was congratulated on making it for 20 years so I piped up and said, "I wanna pizza party on Tuesday."  My boss said we can do that, what Dominos?  Pizza Hut?  My response was "Nope.  We are gonna have Piggie Pies!"  Piggie Pies is FAB pizza and in the pizza world, about double the price of Dominos or Pizza Hut but well worth it.  My administrator just got a look on her face, she is the one who orders pizza when we have it once every 4 months or whatever, and my boss just laughed.  He said okay, pizza on Tuesday!  Yay!

I could tell that the issue of the price was going to come up, so this morning, I told my boss to just give me whatever they usually spend for pizza from Pizza Hut and I will foot the bill for the rest myself.  I swear to God, I thought he would say "no, don't worry about it, the firm will get it."  No, that is not what he said, he goes "is it really that much more expensive?"  And I said yes, it is more expensive pizza because it is kick-ass pizza.  And he said "okay, well that works for me."  MEANING I GET TO PAY FOR IT!!!  And you know what?  I am going to do it.  So there it is, after 20 years of service, I AM NOT WORTH PIZZA!!!!

Anyway, I was supposed to get another infusion of Zometa today but my MO said we can hold off.  He is reading a lot about the drug and said since I am afraid for my job and he does not want me to lose my job and my Multiple Myeloma is serious but is not attacking the bones too bad right now, we can hold off but will eventually have to have it.  I just had such a bad response to it last time and had people on call in case I had the weakness, fever, and inability to walk as I did last time.  So, I am going back on the pill that made me so sick as well, called Revlimid, but will take it every 3 days instead of every day and we will see how that goes.  My MO loved the pizza story and just shook his head and said he could not believe this man. 

Have read your notes and always love doing so.  It is hard to post often, as when I get home I am so exhausted I literally go to bed and have to rest my legs.  I finally got handicapped parking and my apartment put a sign up for a space in front of my building which is a help as sometimes it is hard to find parking anywhere near where my apartment is.  I need to have a mammogram, but they are only going to check the R side now and then we will do a bi-lateral in a few months.  My path results came back on the polyp that was removed during my colonoscopy and it was in fact pre-cancerous meaning if I had not had the test over time, it would have turned into cancer.  So please, if any of you have not had a colonoscopy, get one.  I had no symptoms nothing to indicate anything was there, but the PET scan I had before my head surgery picked up that spot. 

Red, hang in there.  All I can say is I know how you feel.  But you have to believe that it will not always be like this for you.  And you always have a special angel looking over your shoulder.  I know, you lent her to me. 

Josie, I follow your FIL's story every day.  I am so glad he is turning the corner.  I think to the time when I will need a stem cell transplant and all I can say is 100 days away from my office would surely lose me my job.  I pray that I can put it off for a long time, but if not, then I have to decide on what I will do.  I know it is a hard procedure but it can give you many years of life.  Without it, I am looking at 2-3 years.  Unless God works a miracle for me during my treatment.  We will see. Always hoping your job situation is getting better too.

Cindy, think of you often, glad to read DH is getting a little better. 

Janis, Run (Happy BD - oh to be 51 again!), Sew, Joan, SAB, Diane, Bunkie, SAB, Brookside, April, 70, everyone, have a great weekend and the next time you eat a slice of pizza, think of me!!!

Love you all,

Big D/Joan

• Redheaded1
    edited September 2014

Thanks Big D----your boss is a real shit---I'd like to give him a rotten fish pizza under the seat of his closed up car on the hottest day in Dallas......

(Are you sure you sent my angel back- cause I think the other one is coming out on top today)........

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited September 2014

Which car, Red - he has six!  You are right.  He is a real shit but I truly feel sorry for him.  I may be poor but I sure am glad I did not turn out like that.  The other day, I was driving past a gas station and saw two homeless people standing in front of it.  I turned around, drove in and gave each a $20 bill.  The woman started crying and insisted on hugging me.  The man said he could eat for several days on $20.  I should keep every dollar right now but that is not how I am.  And I know you all are not either.  I may be a fool for staying for so long when I saw him treating other people badly, even wishing people dead to my face.  I made a mistake and now I am stuck and he knows I am stuck so he will take advantage.  One day he will face our creator.

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited September 2014

BigD, I am really stunned.  What should happen next is that your other coworkers should pony up so that you don't have to.  Twenty years, for crying out loud!  They should give you a gold watch!  You're right to feel sorry for your boss because he sounds like a very small, pathetic person.  Not only that, it's illegal to discriminate against you for having cancer.  As much as you're stuck with the job for now, they are stuck with you too.  There are some limitations to the way that law works, but so far what I'm hearing sounds as though they are courting a lawsuit.  I'm so relieved for you that you are not going to do the Zometa right now and are going to try a gentler schedule for the Revlimid.  Sure glad they caught that nasty polyp when they did. Sheesh!  And yes, I am appreciating being 51 rather than something older!

Red, so sorry you aren't getting good or easy answers.  I am not sure how AI's work.  My understanding about Tamoxifen is that it doesn't reduce the amount of hormones we have circulating in our body--aging/menopause takes care of that--but just blocks cancer cells from getting fed by estrogen.  Does an AI reduce the amount of hormone you produce?  Or do I have Tamoxifen wrong too?

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited September 2014

run free...I think you've got Tamoxifen described right.  The AI's on the other hand don't allow your body to even create estrogen..so not only can't any errant cancer cells use them, your brain, your bones and etc. all don't get the estrogen either....hence the different side effects.  I hadn't heard the SE about aneurysms from the AI's....which I don't want to hear since they run in my family and are hereditary...

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited September 2014

Big D  So nice to hear from you.  I see they still haven't found a cure for stupid.  Can't wait for Karma to go after him.  You are worth ALOT more than the wold's most expensive pizza. Sucks about the pre-c cells, but so glad they got them out.   I've read & re-read your post trying to wrap my head around your treatment plan.  Are you saying that you have to have stem cell transplant after your chemo treatments?  I like that your MO is working out your treatment so it is easier on you, bless him.  Fingers all crossed for you.  Big Hugs

Josie  Have a great weekend, you so deserve it.

Red, frustrating to say the least, hope they find a way to ease things for you.

To the girls having the get together, enjoy each others company. Have a great time.

Cindy Glad hubby is on the mend.

To all  GREAT BIG BEAR HUGS.

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Big D/Joan, I can't believe your boss.Really? Their going to let you pay for your own pizza party? What a crock of@!#$. That's just awful.I'm like Fran, I believe in Karma too.And RunFree is also right they would have law suit on their hands if they fired you.

We woke up early today thanks to the dogs. I can't wait to bring them back to her boyfriends house. They are awfully cute and affectionate but still have 1 accident at night. And we have carpet.So I guess we'll be borrowing my mother in laws steam cleaner.Sad

My father in law is home now.They released him yesterday.He's doing ok.

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited September 2014

Josie having fil at home is Fantastic news!  Hope things go smoothly with no hic- ups!  Wishing him the best.

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Thanks Fran.

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Our selfie at the restaurant on our anniversary.  He took me to an expensive italian restaurant. Great food!!
  • edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2014

Janis - no we have lab/put bull mix dogs. They are so sweet and loving. 

Sew - glad you are okay. Those fires are so horrible. I would be petrified. 

Wow Brookside I would love to meet you guys. I live in Tennessee so I know I'm not on the way there. Never been to Connecticut. Heard its beautiful.

RunFree - thanks trust me I'm reminding him. Birthday is in November so he has time. 

Josie - roaches? Gross. Roaches and snakes. Can't handle either. Btw ghoud pic of you and DH. Hope you guys had fun. Glad your FIL is home now. Our dogs are our alarm clocks too! 

Joan - OMG how cheap can your boss get? 20 years deserves more than pizza. Never heard of that kind but sounds yummy! Congrats on 20 years! What a sweet gesture giving those people money. You have such a big heart. Thank you too for checking in with us - we know you are exhausted but we worry about you. Are you going to have to have the same surgery as Josie's FIL? Thanks for well wishes for our newest grandson and he does live close. 

Redhead - I know you are frustrated but repeat after me -cancer is not going to win. Hope you feel better. 

MostlySew - that pic is depressing 

Hugs to anyone I missed - 

Have a good week everyone!

Diane 

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Diane, thanks yes we had a great time. He surprised me with a pretty nice hotel room and wouldn't tell me where we were going to dinner. Very nice. Only problem I had was my youngest DD didn't want to go to my MIL house instead she said she was going to spend the night at her friends.The one that lives a few doors up. Well they went up there and then came back to our house later. The mom works nights so she was napping when we left and the girls were at our house but I went up to her friends house to talk to the mom. I caught her brother on his way to work.I expressed my concern that what if the girls didn't go back to her house and They ended up at our house. Long story short that's exactly what happened.My oldest DD was supposed to stop by and make sure she was at her friends and not back down at our house well they didn't get home till 1:30am. So that didn't happen. I just was sick thinking about the girls at our house by themselves. But what could I do?

Apparently her father knew they were at our house. Needless to say she was in trouble when we got home. No more sleepovers for a while. She said they were scared to walk up to her house alone when it got dark.

I just wanted 1 night without worry. Well I couldn't go back to sleep for like an hour after finding out my DD wasn't going by the house to check on her.

• Redheaded1
    edited September 2014

Josie- great picture.  Looks like you have yourself a good man.  I love Italian food.

• justmejanis
    edited September 2014

Diane I bet those dogs are sweeties.  I know Pitties get a bad rap and they are so difficult to adopt out.  Every now and then I look at available dogs at our local shelter and it breaks my heart to see all the Pits and Pit crosses.  People are so irresponsible it makes me nuts.  Even though we love our Golden Retrievers I am always surprised how many end up in rescue.  My son has two now he got from the same rescue in Colorado we got Sampson from. Murphy came from a horrible BYB in Wyoming.  I will always rescue!  Give those lucky dogs a big hug from me!

April and Gemini how wonderful you will be a part of the meet up in CT.  I have never been back east.  Bucket list!

BigD/Joan I understand your passion for giving.  It is who you are, and I feel the same way.  I have a wealthy cousin who is such an ass.  I haven't spoken to him in many years.  last time I saw him he was on wife #5 I think.  They have to be young, beautiful, and model thin.  He is so shallow and I always knew none of that money or success every bought him an ounce of true joy.  You can't change, and your gift makes you all the more loveable.  Your worth can't be measured in pizza!  :)

RedHead I understand your frustration dealing with so many health issues.  I know how hard the struggle can be when all we want is our normal life back.  As most of us can tell you, there is a new norm and it takes time to adjust to all the changes.  Try not to worry, although I know it is hard.  Keep smiling!  Thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

Josie I am so glad you got away, but sorry you took so much worry with you.  As parents we take our children with us always.  It sounds like your daughter had an unsettling night, so hopefully she is not anxious to repeat that.  When they are that age they want to be grown up.  Then they get a peek at that and realize it is not always as easy as it seems.  Oh the Italian place sounds wonderful.  How sweet of your DH!

I am off to do some cleaning and cooking.  Have a wonderful day my friends.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2014

Janis - they are and pit bulls do get a bad rap. It's the moronic owners that cause that. They are so loving and a handful right now. They find new ways to make the great escape every day from their play pen. They are also so beyond spoiled. I am always buying them toys and treats. They are so worth it. Who loves you like they do no matter what? You know people who have dogs live longer?

Josie - bless your heart. I feel your pain. DH and I went to Chattanooga one weekend for granddaughters play and while we were gone boy child had a party. A loud one! Local police were called by a neighbor and of course they checked out the complaint. Didn't end well and I get the call when I'm 6 hours from home. There aren't enough Valium chewables to handle the constant anxiety with our kids. I think they want to grow up too fast and think they are bullet proof. Good for you no more sleepovers. I am appalled at the parents who don't know or care where their kids are. We have had so many kids camping out at our house - girls too. Sleeping bags all over the house.  We weren't about to put them out in the street just had to play hall monitor all night. Times they have changed. No way I could have done that and lived to tell it. 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited September 2014

Redheaded, thanks for the compliment on the picture.

Janis, don't feel bad I've never been to Connecticut either.And my sister lives there. I really miss her.Yes the Italian restaurant was very nice but expensive.We spent way too much.They fixed me a strawberry margaritas. I told the waiter to go light on the liqueur.Well about an hour later it hit me as we were shopping at this new outdoor mall. I felt like I was walking too fast and my head was spinning a bit. Yeah I definitely don't think I can hold my liqueur .This is why I don't drink but once a year. 

Diane, I guess it could of been worse at least they didn't have a party. That was a lesson learned for us.

Post a few pics of your sweet doggies. I would love to see them.Did you see my daughter's pit/Roty mix? I posted a pic a while ago.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited September 2014

Hi RR friends,
    I thought I posted after reading Josie's fish story...sounds so familiar to me...we've been there.  But what a miracle...
    BigD/Joan, glad you have a doc who will customize your treatment plan for your real life. 
    with all you've been through, it is hard to imagine you are working and/or worrying about work. 

Janis, I did not realize that you had fires nearby.  How close?  And Sew, is anything burning near you? 

East coast reunion....just throwing this out there (Brookside, don't get mad) ...
    If Gemini can't make it the week end of the 10th can anyone make it the week end after that?  My Gd is having a party in CT that week end - not sure which day...but it could work for me.
    Is anyone familiar with Foxwoods?  It could be fun as long as we know where to meet.  
    Am falling asleep and have to get up in 6 hours.  
    I will be traveling from Wednesday to Sunday but will keep checking here.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2014

BigD/Joan, I am so pissed off about that pizza after reading that! What in the world is wrong with that man? Ugh! You are worth any pizza you want and in fact, he should be giving you a HUGE bonus for putting up with HIM!

Ladies, I know Foxwoods very well and can suggest places to meet. As for the weekend after, I can't meet then as I will be likely hanging out with my new grandbaby! So, it has to be earlier than my DIL's due date (which is Oct 16th) and still I will have to worry she will go in earlier!

Gotta run, am at work but wanted to chime in about that pizza! Josie, love the photo. Glad you had a good time (for the most part but kids...well you know...lol)

Red, hoping you feel better!