Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited October 2014

That was hilarious! Persistent little devil. I love his running start.. Pretty smart solution too. 

We did need a good laugh. Thanks. 

Diane 

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited October 2014

Hi Y'all 

Finally, hubby did last infusion so now wait and see if tests are negative so pic line may come out!  Broke down and did doggy day care...pup came home and crashed...hee hee...will be going every Tue/Thu for day care and train...I'll join in the training...think the extra will ensure we are ready for the Holidays and GS!  Pup weighs more than GS.

Josie - fingers&toes crossed for job interviews...:))) glad you are getting a heart monitor to solve the flutter ASAP! Be sure and hydrate too. 

Janis - ah, so sorry about your dad:). Thinking of you 

SAB - healing thoughts&prayers 

BigD - in your pocket!  {{{squeeze}}}

RunFree - thanks for checking in...glad all is well

Shout out to all!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited October 2014

Cindy, glad to hear your hubby s had the last infusion.

Sounds like puppy is doing well and getting trained.

Thanks for the good luck for the interviews. I had the first one this morning. It was at a hospital even though it was for a medical group. She said if they are interested in you as a candidate there will be a second interview .She called it a peer to peer interview. I'm crossing my fingers. My current situation couldn't get any worse. My manager talked to me Monday. A patient left the practice because of her delay in getting her bone density results. This was a nurse call since she needed treatment. But they are trying to blame me. I also may have a cut in pay since they had to have someone else(the phone room girl) doing my benefits for patients. Well I told her if that's the case I will be seeking employment elsewhere. I told her I already can't pay my bills so I can't afford to go any further down in pay.

Sorry I shouldn't have gone into detail. I'm trying to refrain from getting to detailed since its a public forum.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited October 2014

((((Josie)))) Sorry sweets. Your boss just does not get it. Fingers crossed for a second interview.

Cindy, happy to hear hubby is done with infusions.

(((Janis))) My dad has severe dementia and is recovering in a nursing home from his last episode at the hospital. They will release him home after several weeks of occupational and physical therapy. I totally understand. HUGS!

In other news, my husband is still losing weight and is just not himself. He got bronchitis over the weekend and the doc has him on antibiotics and a pill for his cough but he continues to run a temperatue. I am frankly worried and baffled at what could be going on with him. He has had two fender benders in 4 months and before that, it had been 25 years since his last accident. Not at all like him.

Now for the GREAT NEWS! My daughter in law is in the hospital having the baby this morning! I am so excited. Little Aubrey will be born today! Woo hoo. Can't wait to meet her!

Love to all xoxoxo Am at work and must get to it!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited October 2014

April I am so excited for you!  You must be beside yourself.  Wishing your DIL an easy labor and delivery.  Keep us posted please...when you can break away from staring and holding and kissing her!

Thank you for your comments about my dad.  I know your dad is failing as well.  My dad desperately needs some PT and OT and his GF needs to work on that.  She called 911 the other night when he fell.  She said the paramedics gave her some great advice and she is following up on it.  His house really needs to be modified to be safer for him.  Your dad is always on my min d too since he and my dad are in such similar situations.  Big hugs.  All this and then your DH to worry about as well.  You have a lot on your plate right now.  PM me if you ever want to talk....I will give you my phone number.

Josie I am happy to hear that your interviews so far have been good.  I am really sorry work is so difficult right now.  Hus to you Sweetie.  Hang on!

Cindy I am so hopeful for your DH.  I had a pic line once and it isn't a lot of fun.  I had mine in for a month.  I can't recall how long his has been in?  The last infusion is always the best.  Sending lots of healing energy to him.

• josie123
    edited October 2014

April, how exciting .Ill bet your a Grandma by now. How were you able to concentrate today at work. It sounds like you do have a lot on your plate. How worrisome about your DH. I hope they figure out the source of infection for him. Maybe a chest X--ray in his future.

Janis, hang in there with your dad. I know its hard to not be there.

This  interview I had today was short but I think it may be a good fit. Sounds like temp to perm and 90 days they would be deciding if they would hire me as permanent employee at the end of that time. They would be able to tell me  salary at that time. Right now I would still be an employee of the temp agency. Its still more than what I m making now and full time. Wouldn't that be nice to have both places offer me a job.

• Dogsneverlie
    Dogsneverlie Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2014

Josie - fingers crossed for you, hope you get a great offer because you certainly deserve it.

Been in the background catching up on everyone's news, we lost our little boy golden Bentley two weeks ago so we have been in seclusion.  Down to one golden girl Bella; trying to adjust, really missing my boy and very, very sad.

Trying to be better about posting but please know that I read your posts and you are all in my thoughts.

• justmejanis
    edited October 2014

Dogs I saw your post in the other thread and of course commented.  I loved the photos.  What a beautiful and regal boy Bentley was.  I know what a profound loss this is for you and your family.  I am so terribly sorry.  The grief process is different for all of us, but never easy.  Many hugs to you.  I hope your sweet Bella is going to be okay. 

• edwards750
    edited October 2014

Cindy - yea last infusion for DH. Hope the pic line comes out 2. 

Josie - that would be cool if you got several job offers. Anything to get you away from your present job. 

April - congrats on being a grandma - there's something special about the first one! Send pics. Sorry about your DH. I know you are worried. What are the doctors saying? 

Dogs - so sorry about the loss of Bentley. I truly know how much it hurts. They are part of your family loving you no matter what. 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited October 2014

Dogs, so sorry to hear of your loss. That's hard. It's like losing a family member.

Time heals wounds.I'm sure in time it will feel less painful. But you never forget that final goodbye.

Thanks for everyone's good luck. It must of worked. I got a phone call tonight and it seems the interview I went on today ,well they were impressed and want to try me out on my days off before they take me on even as a temp. With luck I will hear from the other place too. But that works for now. I start this coming Tues and in 2 weeks we will know if it's working out. I am keeping my fingers crossed. It sounds like mostly phones but some MA  jobs when they need me.

Got my heart monitor today. That was no fun she had to take a piece of sandpaper and scrape my skin to get rid of any dead skin so it would stick and then rub it with alcohol before applying the spray adhesive.But it's wireless . I do have to hide it from my new job. I guess a shirt under the scribe. It's right above the Breast .

• josie123
    edited October 2014

Dogs, this is for you

• april485
    edited October 2014

Meet Aubrey Emma, born yesterday at 1:50PM, 8 LBS 6 OZ! Look at her beautiful blonde hair! I just love her so much already. Instant love! She is so beautiful and sweet!!! The woman in the photo is a nurse. Mother and baby doing well and my son is over the moon!

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited October 2014

April  Congrats!  So glad everything went well, spoil & enjoy!  hope you get some answers soon regarding hubbys health.

Dogs, So sorry for your loss.  They are such a huge part of our lives.  Hugs

Josie, Way to go, things are looking up  Congrats

Big D  hoping you check in soon, it's almost a month since we've heard from you.  Big Hugs

Rmlu  Heres hoping pic line comes out & all test neg.  Hugs

Edwards  No new wheels yet?

Yesterday we booked our vaca for Mexico. Hubby is changing jobs so this is our only chance to go other than at xmas. But while in the travel office we picked up a travel brochure for New Orleans.  Looks like they have some really cool tours there.  Thinking about going there next year.  I think we might also go away to Vegas for xmas this year.  Fingers crossed for no colds or flu!

• Dogsneverlie
    Dogsneverlie Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2014

Oh Josie, that was so beautiful, thank you.  Great news on the temp job, hope you like it and I do hope you get that other phone call.

Charger, Diane, Janis - thank you for the kind words, it is very painful and we are so full of grief and missing our boy.  Trying to smother Bella with love and warm our little girl up.

April - Aubrey is BEAUTIFUL and I just love her name.

Donna

• justmejanis
    edited October 2014

April congratulations on the new granddaughter.  She is so beautiful.  All that hair!  Be prepared for a lifetime of love.  I am so happy for you.  Of course for her parents too.  I bet your son in over the moon.  A beautiful daughter.....he has to be so proud.

Josie I am thrilled the interview went so well and they will be giving you a test run.  That is awesome and I hope you will love it.  You really impressed them.  Big congratulations.  I hope the heart monitor isn't too uncomfortable and provides some answers.  The poem was beautiful.

Donna....I know what you are going through.  It scares me since my two are both about ten and one seems to really be slowing down.  These dogs are so fragile.  Give Bella big soft hugs from me please.

• edwards750
    edited October 2014

April - congratulations- she is just beautiful! Love that name too. Good size baby too. 

Josie - yea - on your way out! Way to go girl. What a beautiful poem. I'm tearing up just reading it. Glad you doing the heart monitor. 

70charger - you sap - awesome vacation plans. I used to live in Baton Rouge so took many a trip to New Orleans. So much history and totally cool to visit. Don't miss the beignets - delicious!

No no new wheels yet. Insurance company just paid our car off. Test drove a few. Really like the Honda Fit in that new mystic yellow color and the Hyundai Elantra GT. Driving the rental through today. Trying to stall so we can get best price on 2014s. Honda didn't make a Fit n 2014 so not much leverage with the price. Really want one with a sun roof and Sirius radio. 

Dogs - is Bella looking for him? That was so gut wrenching for us when we lost our rat terrier. Our lab kept looking for her. Now we have 3 dogs - 2 puppies and a 5 year old. Handful to be sure but so sweet and loving. Don't remember what life was like without them. 

Have a good weekend everyone! Weather is gorgeous here - sunny and cool. 

Diane 

• april485
    edited October 2014

Thanks everyone! I just adore her!

Dogs, so very sorry about your baby! I have had several golden retriever boys and they were the best dogs ever.  I miss my Jake, Reilly and Jonas so much! They have all passed now and I just have one kitty left...my Simon.

Diane, I love my 2012 Hyudai Accent GLS. I have had it for 3 years this past Sept and have not had any issues whatsoever and it gets 33-40 mpg. Love it! It is a cute little hatchback, perfect size for grocery shopping etc and it was 17,800 out the door, all included. GL with whatever you decide to get.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited October 2014

Beautiful baby, April, and about time she showed up!  And the hair!  My mother had to scotchtape a bow on my little bald head; this baby has hair her grandma can play with! So very happy for you and the rest of her family. 

Great news about the job, Josie.  Just keep right on plugging.  Those other guys do not deserve you.  If they try to reduce your pay, please point out how many more scans you are doing than before the clerical part was taken away.  They should give you a raise, not a minus. Not so great about the sandpaper--I've had that monitor a couple of times and nobody tried that technique with me.  Yes, a couple of the leads sort of slid off after a while, but I just stuck them back.

Hate all the car stories.  Had a flat tire recently.  Hated that too!

Hoping to hear from BigD and SAB and Lemon and some of the rest of you absentees.

• josie123
    edited October 2014

April, beautiful Grandbaby congrats!! Thanks for sharing. My babies hardly had hair at all. They had to glue a tiny bow in my oldest daughters hair for her hospital.

Thanks for all the congrats on the job. I can't wait to give my notice. I hope they want me and appreciate me at this job.

I had a evening of messes tonight. Came home to my oldest DD overflowing the toilet. She left me with the mess after she soaked it up with every bath towel in the house. It still leaked into basement. Then she leaves me with the pups for a couple hours. Wouldn't of been too bad but my youngest DD talked me into a little shopping trip to get Halloween costume. I shut all the doors but youngest DD doesn't have a door and couldn't leave them outside. DD is afraid someone will steal them. I came home to potty messes in living room and They need on my DD New bed. I was livid. Luckily her bed is waterproof I think. We cleaned it the best we could. I'm still mad though. Mad at myself. Why didn't we stay home and just go tommorow for the costume. Never again. Then after all those messes I turn around just in time to see my dog vomiting all the food she just ate. Why can't dog's vomit in 1 , 'place?

At least puppies are gone and laundry is almost done and kitchen floor has been mopped with Lysol. And carpet and bed is cleaned. Now time for bed. BTW D H came home and helped clean it up. DD just took the puppies and ran.

• justmejanis
    edited October 2014

Oh Josie sounds like you had a dreadful evening!  It sounds like DD needs to give you some notice before just leaving the puppers with you.  It is a lot of work looking after two busy ones.  Is there any place in your house you could safely confine them for a short time?  A different bedroom or a bathroom?  Maybe ask DD to bring a rawhide or chew toy when she leaves them so they have something to keep them busy?  You deserve some down time after a busy day so puppy sitting and Halloween shopping wasn't too restful.  At least you got all the cleanup done with DH's help.  I hope your weekend is more relaxing!  :)

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited October 2014

Welcome to beautiful Aubrey Emma!

Thank you all for your support this week. I'm so grateful to tell you that everything is ok. The CT did NOT corroborate the pancreatic mass on the ultrasound. 

Going through the tests and waiting for results brought back so many difficult memories. My heart goes out to those sisters (and their dhs) who are testing, waiting and treating. 

Working very early tomorrow and so will say goodnight. 

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited October 2014

So happy to hear your news, SAB.  Whew!  Big scare.  Bigger relief.

Josie, remember that you're trying out the new employer too!  No out-of-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire stuff, please.

• justmejanis
    edited October 2014

SAB I am so happy to hear your good news.  Big hugs to you!  I can imagine how relieved you and your family are.  Work away, but find a little happy time to celebrate! 

• edwards750
    edited October 2014

Thanks April - the one we are looking at is loaded - about 24k and they came off the price 3k. I love the rear camera and the cool new ignition system. Nice features. 

Good news Sab - prayers answered. 

Josie - good grief too much. Puppies are a handful. Agree with Janis - give them something to chew on. I buy those chewies all the time. We have broken screens, furniture with their teeth marks and yes messes like you had. We do have them in their own place but you know they are still babies and learning. We also have a huge backyard that is fenced in so our little darlings stay outside now until early evening. I put blankets, food, water, etc outside with them. As long as weather is good they are k.

Our DS does the same thing as your DD only we have them all the time. 2 of the 3 are his dogs. I love them and they are happy here so we pretty much just suck it up. Doesn't excuse his lack of responsibility though. I have gone through several cans of stain spray. Sometimes our kids forget how much responsibility comes with owning pets. Thank goodness for you and your DH and us. 

Diane 

• josie123
    edited October 2014

SAB, good news. Boy that's a relief.

Janis and Diane thanks for sympathy. I did leave them chew toys but it wasn't good enough I guess

• justmejanis
    edited October 2014

Josie don't be so hard on yourself.  Puppies are a ton of work and they also have a very short attention span.  When I got a puppy I always kennel trained so they had a safe place to go for a time out.  They got crated when left alone in the house.  You aren't set up for pups since they aren't yours, so it makes it so hard for you to keep them amused.  You also have a very busy and hectic life, with plenty of stress.   When I read your posts I am reminded that you put family first.  You work at a busy and non rewarding job and then come home to chaos at times.  These teen years are always a challenge and you have a lot going on.  Look at you....who takes care of the special needs BIL when parents have plans?  You have a huge loving heart Josie and are always available to help  when the need arises.  I really admire your love and dedication to family.  You are a good person Josie and a fantastic Mom.  You aren't perfect, none of us are, but you work so hard and deserve to be recognized.  Big hugs to you Sweetie.....be good to you!

• josie123
    edited October 2014

Brookside thanks for the advice. I will remember that.

• josie123
    edited October 2014

Janis, I'm sorry I guess I posted at the same time as you. But didn't see yours till now. You are too sweet. You almost made me cry. You are a good mom too. And I appreciate your support. Because motherhood is so stressful at times.

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    edited October 2014

hi everyone!  I'm so behind with posts ... If you're not mentioned in a shout-out, please know I love and care about you!  :-)

SAB -- whew!!!  So happy to hear the good update!

April -- blessings to all of you!  Do you know the song "Aubrey" by Bread?  If not, look it up!  She has her very own song!!!  :-)

Josie -- I second Janis's (hi Janis!!!) recommendation about crate training!  A puppy left alone and not in a crate is a recipe for the house to be destroyed.  So many dog owners think they're being mean if they crate their pups ... It's not the same as putting a human in there!  The crate can be a safe and cozy place that a dog enjoys. We used to put a blanket over ours at night to teach our puppy to sleep through the night. It was her little den, and she loved it. She stayed in it for about a year!  She let us know when she was done with it, and by then she no longer needed it. When we would leave the house during the day, we would put a fun treat in there with something that would occupy her for a long time like a kong with frozen peanut butter in it. Even if your DD isn't doing it (though she really should), maybe at your house the pups must be crated if they're going to be left alone?  I second Brookside's always sage advice (hi Brookside!!!) about taking your time before committing to a new job. Sounds like this will be a unique and ideal opportunity to "date around" before getting "married". That said, if you take the job that's temp-to-perm, you can still be keeping your eye open for other jobs. The lack of commitment works both ways!  :-)

• josie123
    edited October 2014

Thank s Gemini. I'll keep that in mind. I've talked to DD about crating and she thinks it's mean. But I wish I could do it at my house at least. She doesn't have crates and I don't have money to buy them right now. My mother in law has a huge crate but not sure if we could put them both in there. I know that's the best option. I used to educate new puppy owners on crate training but DD wouldn't hear of it. She will soon grow tired of the messes in their new place. Moms always wrong at least that's how kiddos feel.