Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited April 2015

Cindy, so glad your service went off as hoped for.  What a sweet sweet picture of the two of them.  Thanks for sharing, it just made me feel happy seeing it.

Thunderstorm cell moved thru wee hours this a.m. lots of thunder wind, some hail (I missed that part).  Everything looks green today and my white star magnolia is blooming. along with one rogue daffodil the rest are just budding.

Dentist appointment at 10---probably won't be pleasant cleaning as I haven't been able to floss one handed and brushing with the left hand is probabl not as accuerate....

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited April 2015

Cindy - I'm sure the service was beautiful. I've been to several military funerals. The picture is just precious. So sweet of you to help Cole. I'm sure it was a confidence builder for him.

Josie - there is 1 of those in every office. I had one confront me. It was embarrassing but our boss handled it. She was always annoying me even though I kept my distance. My DH is salaried but he works long nights and some weekends. Good thing is his company is doing well but right now they have more work than they can handle thus the long hours. Last night it was 1 am before he got home and he was out of the door by 8 this morning,

We had a family get together Sat and DH and I went out to dinner on Sunday. I did pig out on Reese's buttercup eggs and jelly beans. Yum!

You have the coolest neighbors Janis. We used to have neighbors like that. The ones who are still here are nice but the party neighbors have moved.

Storms on their way. Hot already but better than frigid weather. Some of the flowers are coming up. Mowed the lawn yesterday. Good exercise.

Church is having a festival next weekend. Our BC group has a booth and we are doing a basket for the auction. They also have a spaghetti supper. DH and I are on cleanup crew.

Garage sale went well Friday. Saturday not so great. Did unload a lot of things and saw people I haven't seen in a long time. Now calling Salvation Army or Vietnam Vets to pick up what didn't sell.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Diane

• edwards750
    edited April 2015

Oh and Josie my sister in law who is 7 years out went through something similar. Her's turned out to be scar tissue. Her ONC still has her get checked every 6 months just to be sure.

Diane

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited April 2015

Diane, yes I agree there is one in every office. Too bad yours had a confrontation with you. Glad for you the boss intervened.

Stay safe in those storms. We have some more bad ones coming your way this evening.We lost electric last night and ended up taking a short by candlelight.

I'm going to KC for the weekend with DH . We leave tommorow. Be back Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited April 2015

Hey Ladies.....Has anyone had (or known anyone to have) weakness/tiredness from Arimidex? It's listed as an SE, but then, what isn't a side effect of the AI's. I'm having a problem with this. I thought it might be my heart, which is beating erratically but that's been checked out and it's just fine, wonky beats and all. My pulse is elevated and the stress test just about killed me! And I love to walk, but my legs turn to rubber almost immediately which is just plain strange. I could see my MO, which now that I see this listed as an SE I probably will, but wondered if anyone else has dealt with this. I've been on Arimidex 3 1/2 years with no terrible side effects that couldn't also be attributed to just plain ageing. Help, I'm going crazy and this just gets worse and worse.....been increasing for about 2 months now. Thanks ladies.......

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited April 2015

I don't know if it's at all the same as your experience, Sew, but I sometimes find I just have to go to sleep. For ten minutes. After that i'm completely refreshed. It's a complete mystery. It's also annoying, because it frequently happens when I'm driving and I have to find a place to park. I also fall asleep watching TV and don't even know I'm doing it.

I'd have guessed heart too, Sew, because I've been wondering whether maybe my heart could be slowing down when this happens, or maybe lwo blood pressure?. But your stress test seems to have tossed all that out the window. I imagine it also cleared your lungs and whatever else is part of your oxygen processing system? Could something be a bit off in your blood--I assume you've had recent bloodwork?

Excuse me for giggling, but I can't help but remember the old TV commercials: Tired blood? Take Geritol. Whatever happened to Geritol? I, for one, could use some.

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Geritol...yes, yes, Brookside, that's exactly what I need! I did have blood work done and thyroid is perfect ( I take supplements) and I'm just borderline anemic but have been that way since rads. Occasionally I have low blood pressure, and occasionally high, so that's not it. I'm not sure the stress test ruled out lungs, and I believe I do need a check X-ray as a 35 year smoker, I also apparently need a sleep apnea test too, but I don't think that's doing it either. I have to think my GERD Came back as I've got that miserable little cough and have constant bad air days ( I think you know about that whole problem) but I just don't see that causing this rubber legs syndrome. It is just like radiation fatique, but Im 3 1/2 years out, ....

I do understand your need to rest for 5 to 10 minutes, the same happens to me also. I just wish I felt stronger when I wake up! Hmmmm...whole thing's a mystery. Thanks for your thoughts on this...I'll let you know.

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2015

Maybe a Holter monitor, Sew? They monitor your heart rate for a day or two, so can see if maybe you have episodes of slowing heart rhythm. Did you have one of those oxygen-counting clothespin thingies on your finger during the stress test? If so, they'd have monitored your blood oxygen. Even if you did not, I'd think you would have flunked the stress test if your heart muscle couldn't locate enough oxygen.

As for me, I've been thinking about getting a blood pressure monitor, just to see if it takes a dive when I get so uncontrollably sleepy. Saw my PCP last week and it was only 100 over 70. I'm thinking that's not the correct way to present the numbers, but I know you know what I mean. I've been putting off the purchase because I've been so lazy/exhausted at work. I sell investments--primarily 401(k) rollovers, IRA's, annuities, life insurance, and so forth, and that is a commission-based business, so no work, no play. I'm two years post rads now, and finally feeling pretty energetic, but, boy--a couple of days of intense client interaction, and I'm toast for a couple more. It's way better than last year, but I'd say I'm still in the radiation recovery phase. Looks like I'll be rads recovering for ever. Income recovering too!

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Hi Brookside,

I did the Holter Monitor for 24 hours before the stress test. It verified that I have lots and lots of PVC heart beats, and while annoying, they're nothing that needs to be treated. I didn't have the oxygen thingie on my finger during the stress test and I wondered about the whole oxygen thing. I was completely gasping for air like a fish with rubber legs but I think you're right, if the heart was pumping just fine then you'd expect there to be oxygen in my blood enough to support this activity. Actually, come to think of it, I have a friend who's been diagnosed with some awful lung disease and now she's on oxygen but she did pass her stress test....I may need to rethink this. I still think it could all be related to Arimidex though and after a chest x-ray and sleep apnea test I think I'll go to my MO and take a break for a week or 2 and try a different formula. I hate to give up the Arimdex even to take a break as I do think it's keeping any errant cancer cells at bay.

Your job sounds stressful. Investments are so tricky and people probably end up either loving you or hating you and that's a tough place to be. No wonder you need to take a step back and regroup occasionally, both for body and soul. But, yes, at 2 years out I do think you will feel much more energetic and even manage to go a day or so without thinking of cancer at all. It, for me at least, has finally managed to take a back seat to life. I think with radiation fatigue that we will always have a bit of that left. At least I don't see ever having as much energy as I did before all this....but then again, I'm 3 years older, I spent 6 - 8 months actively dealing with this cancer under untold stress as we all were, and while taking care of my body I certainly was not pressing it in to some sort of shape. So, for me, outside of these rubber legs, I think this is the new norm.

It does sound like your blood pressure is a bit low (100/70 is the correct way to express it), but the doctors like it that low. Mine will do that when I'm feeling very relaxed, so I do think that could be what's happening to you. It might be something for you to look in to.

Thanks for your input on all this...our bodies are such complex things...... And oh, I wanted to ask you, do you still take any meds for your Gerd? I'd quit mine since I was fine and I was getting side effects from the med, but I'm thinking it came back. Perhaps this will be something I'll have to deal with forever? I do have that hiatal hernia which I think lets more gasses escape which can cause problems...who knows, perhaps that's what this whole lung/rubber leg thing is all about.

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2015

Hey, Sew, maybe it is some bizarre delayed variant of radiation fatigue that's been lurking in the bushes all this time. Who knows? I had a return of those itchy little red rads bumps after the imaging I had in December, so maybe something has prompted a return of your fatigue? Stranger things have happened. I also see no reason why it wouldn't be a buildup of arimidex. The full prescribing information says 19% complain of asthenia (weakness and fatigue), and maybe your body is saying it's about had it with this particular toxin. You might like a different AI better anyway. Meanwhile, there is something really comforting about an indepth medical workup. I absolutely loved (and so did my onc!) that my December gallstone prompted scads of scans that showed all the places I do not have mets. Hopefully, I haven't any of those anywhere, but you never know, and I'm certainly one who thrives on oodles of normal scans.

I've thought about sleep apnea testing also, but have "delayed" mentioning it to my pcp, and plan to continue to do so. I live alone, so nobody has to listen to me snort and snore.

Yes, i still take a proton pump inhibitor for my GERD. I guess I have to do it forever, as not taking it gave me Barrett's esophagus (premalignant cellular changes where my unmedicated stomach acid used to gnaw at my esophagus). GERD also caused asthma-like symptoms, totally unrelieved by inhalers, which was pretty scary until an ER doc said (and I quote), "I'm not buying it." I thought he thought I was scamming him, but what he meant was that those with reflux who also have asthma-like symptoms that do not respond to meds probably have reflux-related bronchial irritation. He was correct, by the way. This couldn't be the the kind of cough you mentioned?

Of course my clients love me! I work mostly with those around retirement age and stay way, way away from those exciting/terrifying rollercoaster investments. Mostly it's deferred annuities with guarantees built in. Some would find that boring; I do not.

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Hi Brookside,

Your investment options for clients sound perfect. Some "experts" seem to poo-poo annuities (well, the newspaper lady does but what does she know), but I think they're perfect. Nothing like a good, sound, staid investment to make you sleep better at night! My Mom (96 now) called me all upset yesterday because of the big judgement against PG&E and she thought she needed to sell her stock. I told her it was probably too late to sell now, and after looking at her portfolio got to advise her she didn't own any PG&E anyway! She slept quite well last night!

Yes, my first Endoscopy showed Barretts for me too, but the next a year later showed it had cleared up. So, I stopped taking the proton pump inhibitor, but I think I've left it too long. I think it's back. I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with the miserable side effect I get with the PPI (very bad diarrhea, TMI I know)...because I just plain don't want those pre-cancer cells growing in my esophagus. I guess I'll try to balance the PPI with some heavy duty probiotics. Except the ones I take are $1 per pill, and when it's bad I have to take 3 pills a day. Talk about sticker shock!

I do hate to be the harbringer of bad news, but sleep apnea can cause heart problems and also fatigue problems...at least that's what I'm told. So, perhaps you should think again about a sleep apnea test. However I think we've still got radiation fatigue. My poor boob will still react to mammo's and sunshine and any additional radiation. Apparently it's just plain had enough! Actually I can get thru a regular mammo with no reaction, but that special 3D one causes burning for 24 hours or longer. go figure.

So, I think all in all we will continue to muddle along the best we can with what we've got and thrive in spite of it all! We're all survivors....

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2015

Maybe a different med, Sew? I had to try three proton pump inhibitors before finding one that didn't give me a rash.

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Oooh...I figured they all did the same thing. Thanks Brookside, I think I need to call the gastro Dr. Great.....I thought I was all thru with these long lists of Dr.'s to see. Oh well, at least I've got the cardiologist out of the way with a "clean bill of health"..... Enjoy your Saturday

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2015

Hi Sew. If you hadn't had the sleep test I would say apnea (Dr. SAB here) but I wonder if you are just super stressed. I know you've had some emotional trials these last few months and stress and depression could sure be doing it. I hope that you fee better soon.

Darn drugs. Is your MO saying 5 years or 10?

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2015

Brookside, extreme sleep apnea can make you so ill--do go and get a sleep test if you have time!

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Hi Dr. Sab.....good to hear from you. I haven't had the sleep test yet, and I think you're right, apnea can cause lots of things. My doc is off till next week then we'll get it scheduled. I agree that the constantly wonky heart beat is from emotional stress...except apparently I get it after the fact since during the weeks of recognizable stress my heart was just fine. the rest of this is all just so weird.

MO is saying 5 years...osteoporosis being my biggest problem. In fact I get a reclast infusion tomorrow. Prolia did great for me but I ended up allergic...hope I don't react to this one.

I hope you're doing well and getting a few hikes in. Has DD#2 graduated yet? Is she choosing colleges? And how about DD #1 ... Is she embarking on her art career?

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2015

Well ladies, finally venturing back on the boards after a week from hell. I took last week off to relax and get our home ready to put on the market but....My ex husband passed away on April 9th from a skin cancer that he did not know he had (squamous cell on a scar from a surgery 20 years ago) that wrapped all the way around his bowel. He entered the hospital thinking it was operable and promptly got an infection that gave him a temp of over 104. Then they intubated him and put him in a forced coma (this happened 20 years ago as well btw) and when they extubated him, they told him it was much worse than they thought and there was nothing they could do for him. Even though he was a jerk in many ways, I was married to that man for almost 30 years and feel absolutely devastated. This is the father of both of my children!.

To make matters worse, my current husband is really sick too. He has walking pneumonia and I have never seen him like this. Doctor put him on a strong antibiotic and although he is a bit better, it seems that he is still awfully sick considering he has been taking the 10 day antibiotic for 6 days already! But, as many of you know, he still has the other issue of the weight loss and anemia so still very worried about him.

Welcome to the newbies!

Ok, back at work and going insane. It never pays to take a week off cause when you come back, it is crazy!! Loopy

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited April 2015

Thanks Yall!

Sew - GRRR, do the sleep test, heart monitor, get it done...Dr SAB is right. I do fine on Zometa...thinking of you tomorrow.

Brookside - ugh, the naps times along the roadside...gosh, the m sending death, marriage certs to all the banks...and would you like to roll over, cash out or just let it sit..?Overload

JANIS - still dancing in after glow of time with GF? Have you talked with BigD? Springtime fun sunshine.

Josie - whoa, too much drama...hope you and hubby had a good date night.

Joan - are you smiling in your new office or at the beach sipping wine:)

GiGil - are you headed north...hate to leave FL.

Red&Diane - warming up springtime is here...no more snow!

April - so sorry for your lost. May you and your children find comfort and peace...memories:)))

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• josie123
    edited April 2015

Cindy, so nice to hear from you. Hope your hanging in there.

Sew, I know what you mean about the irregular Heart beats. Remember me wearing the monitor for like 10 days. It shows a lot of That irregular beats but the doc said it wasn't dangerous. Frustrating and also very frustrating when you get a $1,000 Bill for the monitor. Yes I'm still arguing that one.And still have to reach someone about it.

April, Sorry to hear about your ex and that your husband isn't feeling well.I hope he improves soon.

Good time in KC and now back to reality.

Really down tonight. I'm not sure why.I know part of it is my Tamoxofin causing a little depression and my day at work started with a surprise. They came up with the idea to cross train everyone. So I come in to find out I will be in the back for the next 2 weeks while the other MAs take a week at a time working up front on the phones.So I guess my space at my desk isn't my space anymore. And they plan on doing this rotation forever. Nonstop. Not happy. I'm not type of person who enjoys all that change.

Sorry I know I didn't get to address everyone personally. I am just really depressed tonight.

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited April 2015

Cindy, very good to hear from you. I went through some of that when my parents died - first my mother and then my father. I am still working on some of it, and I have had to bring death certificates here, there and everywhere. I still have a couple of tasks to complete. It is hard enough what you are coping with, without all of that. I am glad Easter gave you a small reprieve. I have been back from Florida for over a month, but we are going to go back down from the beginning of May until mid-month. We have had too many things cutting our time down there short. I am however, moved into the place near my daughter and have purchased and had the appliances installed. We are making steady progress. So now we have three homes, and we love them all the same, two that we are buying and one that we rent in Florida. We will eventually put the one in Minneapolis up for rent, but my husband isn't ready for that yet.

Sew, Brookside it sounds like we have similar maladies. I need a sleep study as well. I am told I snore terribly, and I wake up in a panic a few times a night. My husband has a c-pap so if they prescribe one for me, we will have one on each side of the bed. As for GERD, I suffer from that as well. I use Zantac in the morning and in the evening. The proton pump doesn't agree with me. I also take Gaviscon. Mostly I eat very lightly and keep it simple. If I get too tricky, I suffer. Sugar is my worst enemy. If I have eaten wrong, I suffer from GERD and have to sleep on three pillows, shaped in a wedge - almost sitting up. It just isn't worth it to me. I think the GERD can trigger asthma, and I also think it affects the vagal nerve which causes PVC's. No wonder a person feels fatigue throughout the day with all of that going on. You just don't get enough sleep cycles with REM sleep in a night. I promised my PCP that I would schedule that sleep study this spring - very soon, I imagine.

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2015

Cindy, I know this is a rotten time--all that work that has to be done when you probably just want to enjoy a semi-comatose state! You probably remember that I'm a financial services rep, so I know exactly what paperwork/decisionmaking/hassle you're going through. Lots of accounts (deferred annuities, IRA's, etc.) will allow you simply to transfer them into your name with no need to make any kind of investment decision. Whenever that's an option, I'd recommend it as step one. You can deal with strategies and decisions when you are ready. (Do not hesitate to PM me with questions.) Right now, you need to be kind to yourself, not the various reps you need to deal with.

April, I totally understand how deeply you're affected by the death of your ex. I'm worried about my first ex-husband--on the verge of needing dialysis and newly discovered spots on his lungs. Sometimes I wonder whether divorce is just an illusion--some of those heartstrings just don't let go.

I also hate change, Josie, especially that inflicted by management, even good decisions such as the one that's irritating you (and probably everyone else) right now. Of course, it's a good idea for everyone to be able to jump right in a fill a void when that happens. What's not real comfy is the stuff management never thinks about, such as the invasion of "your" desk. I imagine when you're MA will you'll invading someone else's space, so everyone will be a bit off kilter. From my point of view, I'm suspecting that both you and they will find you're such a great MA that, sooner or later, they'll want to move you right into that role full time. How would you react to that?

Gigil, I'm beginning to think that when we apply for Social Security, we should all be outfitted with C-paps. Really! I wonder whether they ever do a sleep study and find everthing's just perfectly peachy.

Have you tried different proton pump inhibitors? I had to blast through three before I found one that did not give me a rash. You are correct about the asthma--after my recent miserable divorce, I suffered terrible asthma, unrelieved by inhalers. Turns out it was not asthma at all, but an irritation of my lungs due to reflux while I innocently slept. I never heard about the vagal nerve correlation, but at times of stress I have terrible runs of various types of irregular heartbeat, so I'll just go right ahead and say definitively that that's that.

• josie123
    edited April 2015

Gigil, nice to hear from you. I bet you miss Florida already.

Brookside, yes I do enjoy being an MA but was actually adjusted to being up front on the phones 3 days a week.I know it will be a big adjustment to all.

Anyone hear from Janis recently?

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited April 2015

April, so sorry to hear about ex hubby and your current hubby. Those heartstrings do't let go.    I had walking pneumonia twice. I remember laying down and hearing the crackle in my lung/throat with every respiration.  That was when I went to the doctor, otherwise, I thought it was just a bad cold.    It is a hard thing to get over.  I just wanted to sleep most of the time and the cough was so painful.  I finally was given a nebulizer and meds to have at home and it helped some.  At one point, I thought they would hospitalize me but they didn't. 

Cindy-good to hear from you.  Yes, winter seems to have left Central Il. Everything in my bulb garden is up and the daffydils are blooming at my Dad.s  Mine are shaded, so they are just showing a hint of yellow in the buds.  Dandilions and thistles everywhere and my poor wrist is't strong enough to let me weed.  I think they must put those 2 seeds in the bird food.

My Hosta's and lily of the valley are peeping up and the Star Magnolia tree is in full bloom.

Janis---are you messing with us by not posting??  WE MISS YOU GIRL, COME ON OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE.

GiGil-  I would love to be in Florida, even if it is springtime here.

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Cindy, good to hear from you....paperwork is the pits....and they all want decisions. I like Brookside's idea, do nothing now, just roll it over! Had the Zometa yesterday and no ill effects...strong bones here I come.....

Josie,...ouch $1,000 bill, fight that for sure with insurance. And I too think eventually you'll like being cross trained. Maybe they can give everyone lockers instead of desks. A girl needs some place to call home

April, I'm so sorry to hear about x's diagnosis. That's a tough one. Hard on the kids too. And I was hoping your hubby was all over this anemia thing, no so I guess. So, to add to all that you're going to sell the current house? BE sure to take time to smell the roses during all this.

Gigil, have you ever noticed the similarity of diseases well all share? Strange. I learned about Culturelle from you which has cured many issues for me. Interesting about the Vagal nerve. I do think my current troubles are linked to stress, but it's hard to figure out just which one to address now that the stress is over. Ah well, if it doesn't kill you it just makes you stronger, right?

Redheaded...how's that wrist healing up? Sounds like you get to have a "yard boy" this spring. Now, that might be fun. My Hubby is building a greenhouse, sure hope he can get something to grow in it! Yum.....real tomatoes....

Brookside...you're such a great source of information, thanks

Joan, I think you've gotten lost in your beautiful new office.....I do hope you're getting some sleep.

Janis....Hope you're out there enjoying the spring......

• edwards750
    edited April 2015

April - so sorry about your X and DH. My brother had melanoma 17 years ago. Luckily the lady cutting his hair found it and he's k. My DH has basil cell places removed almost routinely. He framed houses when he was in college so lots of sun exposure. No one told us back then about too much sun. I know your children are so sad. Never had pneumonia but my mother did. Brutal. Hope he feels better soon.

Josie - $1000 sounds really exorbitant but then again so many procedures are so overpriced. Good luck with the insurance company.

Gigil- would love to be in Florida. Weather is good here but so love the beach.

Redhead - a greenhouse - how cool!

Hi to everyone I've missed. Sorry s big bummed out today. Accountant went to enter our tax info and lo and behold IRS rejected it - why? Already been filed. Either IRS made a clerical error or the dreaded identity theft. Obviously want the former. Lifelock said no alerts on our account. It's the world we live in unfortunately. Then get home and my little canine darlings ripped our new ottoman to pieces. Not a happy camper. They are still puppies but doesn't make it any easier when they destroy pillows, braided rugs, coffee table, window sills, pillow shams, sheets, ornaments, books and on and on. They have even dragged my sweater in the back yard and bitten through the wires on the a/c compressor. DH fixed that thankfully. A few weeks ago they took my son's friend's car keys. He found them in the backyard too. Will be so glad when they get out of the puppy stage...can't come soon enough.

Diane

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited April 2015

Diane, those pups sound like more than just the average pups when it comes to mischief. I would be crazy by now. And the tax situation is a bit alarming. If you have a refund coming, I would be more concerned about identity theft.

Brookside good advice. Cindy, I hope you can get it al sorted out and in the meantime that you are able to take it slow and do rollovers Decisions can be too much at a time like this. I have yet to hear of anyone who has had a sleep study and came out of it without a c-pap. I realize it is probably a skewed sample, but nonetheless.

Josie, when we had a clinic, we cross trained everyone, sowhen someone was sick someone else could fill in. It worked out pretty well. Change is hard though, and it is nice to have a spot to call your own. That co-worker you mentioned the other day sounds just awful!! Don't give her the time of day. People like that need to be avoided. They seem to enjoy making other people feel small.

SEW, I think the vagal nerve can get irritated due to the reflux, and then can have an effect on the heart rhythm. I first became aware of it when my husband started suffering from Atrial Fibrillation. It can also hold true for PVC's. A lot of my family members have PVC's from time to time. They can definitely be stress related as well. I had a day of them last week. I had a burning, heavy feeling in my stomach and then the PVC's. They are no fun.

Redheaded, it sounds like spring is in full bloom where you are. The beach is definitely nice. WE usually hang out in central Florida, but the beach is not very far away at all. My husband is not a beach guy, but I think he can be persuaded.

Well, back to my audit work. Thursday is my meeting. I would love to be done with all of this.

• MostlySew
    edited April 2015

Edwards, good to hear from you. But the possible identity theft sounds really scary....

Gigil, yes, I think stress has a part...

But .... Geesh.....today I decided I'd had enough of these jelly legs, shortness of breath and elevated pulse and decided to call my "alternate" MO, the Survivalist Dr. She had a cancellation in 25 minutes..it's a 25 minute drive...I made it in 27 minutes. Ok...off to a good start...come as you are party and all. After listening to my lungs and etc. she decided to run a mini stress test. So with Oxygen Level thingie on my finger, we went down the stairs (no problem there) then tried to come back up. Sure enough, within 4 stairs I'm huffing, my oxygen level has dropped (but is still 92 so not too bad), but something isn't right. She listens to my lungs some more and then tells me she's concerned that i might have pulmonary embolism (blood clots, many blood clots). And wants a CT scan. Stat. She doesn't think it's lung cancer so that's good at least.

So, I toddle downstairs and get right in for my CT scan, where they inject iodine to which I'm allergic. But we all decide I'm probably not allergic to iodine internally, just topically. Fortunately that was true. So, an hour later I'm getting the really good news that I don't have blood clots, nor do I have cancer......BUT, (isn't there always a but?) I do have a full blown, both lung involved A-typical infection of my lungs. Probably viral and not pneumonia. Dr. says the good news is she's letting me come home. We're attempting to set up an appt. with a Pulmonologist but it seems the paper work is getting in the way.....and in the meantime she doesn't want me exerting myself because apparently what's happening is that the small cells in my lungs (aioli?) are so clogged with this infection that they can't really supply oxygen, so my heart is pumping extra hard to overcome the deficiency. Hence the elevated pulse, even when resting. And probably causing the PVC's too in my opinion which are regularly happening every 3rd or 4th beat. Some dance they're creating I must say.

So, Brookside...where the heck is that Geritol anyway? Now I think I really need some. Too bad this wasn't just an arimidex reaction...that would have been much easier......

• josie123
    edited April 2015

Sew, my goodness what a day you have had. Glad it was not the latter. But still. Did you have a bad cold recently? Good thing you got to go in today. It could of gotten worse. Take care and keep us posted.

Diane, what an awful day you've had too. I have known several people that happened to about the taxes.I actually thought we would owe according to the tax guy but we ended up getting a refund??Weird huh?We may not go with that tax guy again next year.And the puppies. Boy are they tearing up a lot. Perhaps some bitter Apple to deter the chewing?Do they have enough chew toys?Sounds like separation anxiety.Perhaps crating them while your gone?

Redheaded, so glad your ok I was worried when I heard about the tornado in Illinois.

Well I spoke to the company that did my heart monitor and They said they sent it to the insurance company twice and it was still not paying. The insurance says it's out of network. They said it was applied towards our deductibles.Well this was done in late Oct you would think I would of met my deductibles.They offered me $600 off if I paid the bill today or I could split the $995 over 4 months. I chose the later but decided to pay after talking to insurance one more time.

• josie123
    edited April 2015

Gigil, I believe in cross training too but considering this I don't think constantly rotating is necessary to cross train.And yes I completely avoid that mean nasty girl at work. She is probably a very insecure person who feels a need to bring someone down to her level.

• brooksidevt
    edited April 2015

Josie, your doctor should be able to straighten out the insurance thing. If he is in network, then the monitor should be as well. At any rate, please do choose the immediate $600 off. You must be able to scrape that together somehow. They may tell you it is too late, but I suspect that kind of now-or-never pressure might not be exactly legal.

Sew, what a lousy thing to have happen. I sure hope they can get you back to normal quickly. One of my friends is having similar symptoms, but just hoping they will go away. I'll let her know she needs to get to the doctor asap--no fooling around with this stuff!

Edwards, those pups do need to be confined for their own protection--what if they swallow pillow stuffing or bite through an electric cord? Crates are good, but so are doors or baby gates, to keep them in the kitchen or bathroom (toilet seat down, of course). Not only will they be kept out of trouble, but they will learn that playtime is something they share with their people, and naptime happens when they are alone.

Gigil, years ago, a shrink convinced me that stress is the root of all physical evil. My vertigo is worse when I'm stressed, as are my GERD (gastric reflux), irregular heartbeats, and GERD-related asthma-like wheezing. Now, if I understand you correctly, stress is even more problematic because it prompts reflux, which irritates the vagal nerve, which causes irregular heartbeats. So then, stress causes reflux which causes everything else. Sort of like the house that Jack built--remember that children's story?

Thinking of you, Janis, Joan, SAB, Bunkie, RunFree, Cjindy, April, Redheaded, and everyone else, including Joyce.