Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited September 2015

Got a message from BUNKIE yesterday.Here's what she said in her own words"I am very weak and my balance is awful.. The fall was not that bad but the vertigo slowed the rehab and it turned into a big ole mess. I do know I hate nursing type homes. I was restricted to a wheel chair or bed except the two hours of PT per day. So my body shut down and my heart pounds when I stand for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Pulse rate goes up to 138 in minutes. Lost 6 pounds the food was so awful. Haha. I am working with in home health care/pt for the next 60 days and going to try and build back some strength. Thank you for the prayers and I will remain undefeated. Just a set back".

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited September 2015

Hi yall!

Josie - whoa, glad your DD is ok. Thanks for the update from Bunkie 😉 and Happy Anniversary...congrats!

April - take care of hubby! Hope work calms down.

Diane - prayers for your friend. Hope they reconsider hospice...they help so much and provide so many services...for your friend and her family. Hospice was so wonderful in helping me care for hubby before he graduated to heaven. Hate this disease 😖

Linda - we will be in your pocket as you away results and prepare for rads! Hydrate&moisturize

SAB - intense interview...did you line the team? Hope it is the perfect fit for you👍

Sew&Janis - how are you ladies doing...?

Brookside - Hope you arrange another meet up and post pics...before the 1st snow :)

GiGil- how's that large family?

Joan - sorry work is so 😱. Understand DH desire for boat&water...Creede is pretty. Hope you are able to consider your options...retirement does open new doors...luv nailing rocks! Yes, moving forward with CO home. Just listed TX. Gosh, I hate moving.

Shout outs to all! Time to take pup...hee hee 85# to the outdoor mall to work on meet and greet. Think I may do a movie...later...any suggestions?

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2015

Joan, hang in there. Maybe reduced hours will have a silver lining!

Cindy, I haven't been to a movie in a long time so I'm no help. You'll have to post your movie review after you go.

Linda, Hi and welcome. I think water, protein and rest are all important. Also, light exercise will help your energy and some really good moisturizer. I used aloe right after the session and calendula the rest of the time. For me it was mostly a non-event, with mild fatigue and a bit of burning right at the end. I hope you have an easy ride!

Diane, I'm so, so sorry to hear of your friend.

Josie, glad to hear Bunkie is in good hands and fighting back, though it sounds like a rough road. Go Bunkie!

No word from interview. Keeping busy, and only low level getting-old complaints from me.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2015

Happy anniversary Josie! DH and I will be married 29 years in December. Yesterday at Mass we had a visiting priest who turned out to be the very one who married us! I talked to him after Mass and he was obviously pleased we are still married!

We missed nephew's wedding in Chicago last weekend. It was quite the big time gala. DH and I decided we needed to be here for our DS and the babies in the ICU.

I agree about hospice Cindy. Not sure why they chose not to.

Little ones are doing well but still in ICU. James has acid reflux. Jackson should go home today or tomorrow. James a few days after that. DS and babies mother came over for a few en route to a friend's birthday party. I am civil for the sake of the babies but it's hard. Never liked her.

Gotta get going walking the track at the Community Center and then taking care of special needs nephew for a few hours. Lots of drama at his school. Brother and SIL so beyond stressed.

Have a good week everyone! Raining here. Ready for Fall weather.

Diane

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited September 2015

Happy anniversary, Josie.

Yes, I've been reading everyone's posts, but just haven't gotten around to replying to each. Do keep them coming; I'll try to be more personal.

I just took my first tamoxofen (not sure if I'm spelling it right). Very happy to be off the AI's. Not happy with the process of adding a drug to the signature line. Right now, it looks as though I've been doing double duty, taking both whichever AI I was on, and the tamoxafen as well. I have an MA and lots of letters after my name and am totally frustrated with the process for adding a treatment. I actually gave up and PM'd the mods. Hopefully they will have straightened out this mess before y'all read this post.

• josie123
    edited September 2015

• josie123
    edited September 2015

My DH had these flowers sent to me at work.  Thanks for the anniversary wishes. He also suprised me with a homecooked meal when I got home.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2015

So pretty Josie! Happy Anniversary!

Just a quick drive by post to say hello to all and to let you know am still plodding away.

Hugs!

• josie123
    edited September 2015

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited September 2015

Been trying to post but keeps disappearing!

Happy Anniversary Josie.

Get better Bunkie, you've been through a lot.

Cindy go go go as always. Nice to see you out & about with the pup

April Hope hubby is getting better, mine is.

Edwards hug those babies tight. Nothing like the smell of babies. Things will work out the way they are meant to.

Sab any luck on the job?

Hugs to anyone I missed.

• SAB
    edited October 2015

Happy belated anniversary Josie, and many more! What naughty thing did you say to rile up the mods, I wonder! Anyway, lovely flowers.

Still no word on the job. I'm fine.

• april485
    edited October 2015

Yeah Josie, what was in that post that got you deleted?

Winking

• josie123
    edited October 2015

Fran, SAB,April thanks for the anniversary wishes.

My post was deleted because I accidentally posted a pic of my flowers that was upside down. They like the flowers though. Its no big deal.

• edwards750
    edited October 2015

Good and bad news. Good is one of the babies, Jackson, went home day before yesterday. James has to stay until he consumes 50 oz of milk. He is close and now we have yet another grandson born yesterday. The parents are our third son and his wife. They already have 1 son. This babywas early too. They named him Arlo. Mom and baby are fine. Yikes 12 grandchildren!

The bad news is my friend Paula is in her last hours. Her kidneys have been shutting down and the meds they gave her for her kidneys causes her to be in severe pain so she decided to stop taking them. She doesn't want visitors but she did allow a friend in our group to see her. Their sons are really close. She is very weak but still smiling. That's Paula.

Please pray for her and her family. Her daughter is flying into town tomorrow morning with her baby girl.

• april485
    edited October 2015

Prayers for your friend and her friends/family at this sad time Charger.

So, it is almost 3 weeks and hubby seems to keep relapsing. He is coughing and now he has a stomach thing going on. He finally called the doctor. Also his echo cardiogram that he had last week showed a narrowing of one artery and some calcium. Doctor said normal for a man of 60 but he should see a cardio doc to follow him at least yearly...sigh, always something lately. He was so healthy and now it seems to pile up. But he says he feels fine...he is sleeping too much if you ask me. He falls asleep by 8PM and he was always a nite owl! Wish they would find out what the hell is going on with him.

Ok, running as usual. Love to all! xo

• 70charger
    edited October 2015

Thanks April but I think you meant it for Edwards 750. I guess I was on your mind.

Edwards praying for peacefulness & pain free for your friend. She sounds like such a trooper & will sadly be missed. Huggers

• josie123
    edited October 2015

Diane, congrats on new Grandbaby and I'm so sorry about your friend. I've prayed for her nightly.

• josie123
    edited October 2015

April ,sorry to hear husband isn't as healthy. I'm glad they were able to find out about his heart so they can do something or at least monitor it.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited October 2015

OK, am crying in my coffee....
    I wrote 3 heartfelt posts and lost every one (last night, this morning, and again)
    New laptop...did not auto-connect to internet.
    I think from now on, I will use a word document and save it then copy and post.

I just can't do it again...
    Just know that I have read through and thought and prayed for each one here.
    (((group hug)))

Maybe later...

• SAB
    edited October 2015

April, I know you'll help your dh be strong and patient and fight back to full health.

Diane, you will have many happy, loud family gatherings in your future. Blessings to all. I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend.

Charger and others who asked about the job...no joy. I was one of the last two standing, but they went with the other person. I can't wait to see who it is! I have to continue to work with the director there, so I had to be lovely about it...

• 70charger
    edited October 2015

Joan811 Loved the group hug, nothing quite compares.((((((((((back at you)))))))))

We had snowflakes this morning.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited October 2015

As always I am way behind so trying to catch up. I know if I try to respond to everyone I will miss someone. I too have trouble with writing a long post and having it vanish. Joan, I understand the frustration when that happens.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. I'll catch up and post more later. I am thinking of everyone and sending lots of love and hugs to all.

• 70charger
    edited October 2015

imageimageimage

Remember how I spent a few months refinishing all those kitchen cabinets? Well here are a couple of shots. Still have countertop & backsplash to do but coming along.

• 70charger
    edited October 2015

imageimage

• ohiofan
    ohiofan Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2015

Really like those cupboards. Cherry finish??

• SAB
    edited October 2015

Wow Charger, that's a lot of work...but worth it! I can't believe you have snowflakes already!

• josie123
    edited October 2015

third times a charm. Here goes again

Fran great looking cabinets.

Janis nice hearing from you

Last full week of work until our trip to Branson we leave with my father in law. He is doing well but his proteins are going up which means his cancer may no longer in remission .onOct 15.and the kids will miss a day of school but it may be our last chance for a family vacation with my FIL since his proteins are raising again. Hoping his cancer will not return anytime soon. But they warned him it would come back sooner or later.

• 70charger
    edited October 2015

ohiofan it is a custom blend to cover the gold that was in them. these were a set of used cabinets. I got all 60 ft for $800. Solid oak, no pressboard.

Sab the flakes melted, but yes we usually have freezing rain /snow by now.

Josie have a great trip

Thanks for the compliments.

• 70charger
    edited October 2015

This is what I started WITH.

• edwards750
    edited October 2015

Love those cabinets charger. Would love to redo mine. It's on the To Do list after the siding and carpet. So need to win the lottery!

Sorry about the job SAB. Wasn't meant to be.

Have a good time in Branson Josie. Sister and I went with our Mom and Dad years ago. Memorable time. Sorry about your FIL.

April - sorry DH is ailing again. I know it's unnerving and frustrating.

One of our new little guys is still in ICU. Has to consume 50 oz - not quite there yet.

Good hearing from you Janis. Hope things are k for you.

It's going to be a tough week. My friend Paula died Sat night surrounded by her family. Very sad but she is pain free now. How ironic breast cancer awareness month. She was a fighter but the cancer was too aggressive from the getgo and came back with a vengeance.

My MIL is down to 85 pounds. She has had Alzheimer's for 10 years. Refuses to eat. Hasnt spoken in years. Such a cruel disease. My FIL is doing k considering. My DH is hurting but also says they lost her years ago. Gut wrenching.

Thanks for a your prayers.

Diane