Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited December 2016

Diane, Stomach bug ? Oh my...that's no fun at all. And stuck in the elevator too ??

I would just flip out. My worst fear.

Thanks for your kind words I'm doing better but it hurts to go up stairs. My upper thigh / hip hurts so I've learned to go up the stairs with my right foot first which takes the weight off the left

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited December 2016

No it wasn't Josie. Lost a few pounds but what a way to do that. So far Jennifer - kids Mom and one daughter have escaped it. Babysitting for an hour or so tonight. Holding my breath no one else gets it esp my DH. Test is Friday. His office is closed Friday which is a good thing because the test takes hours.

Weather is better today. Not as cold thankfully. Supposed to be 70 Christmas Day! Good grief. Hoping kids dodge a winter storm in Wisconsin.

I know it hurts I feel for you. I ran into a wall - my spastic self - and bruised my boob. Biggest bruise ever. Gross.

DH has made stuffed turkey breasts for Christmas dinner with kids tomorrow night. Even making a dessert. Such a good cook.

Lots of errands today and Christmas lunch with friend tomorrow.

Diane

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2016

Diane, keeping you and hubby in my prayers! xo

• edwards750
    edited December 2016

Thanks April. We are hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. I know it's not a death sentence but it is a disease that can/will eventually be debilitating. I just don't know how my DH will adjust to those changes.

I don't want to be the grim reaper because I am a positive person and have faith God will take care of us as always.

Diane

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited December 2016

Hugs Diane ((((((())))

Had my ultrasounds done yesterday. Lining of uterus has increased again. So no more Tamoxifen!!! I get a week break & start on an AI. I'll also be seeing a Gyn. If my Dr can find one to take me. Last one wouldn't cause I had no secondary symptoms. Will probably be getting D & C. Joy!

Struggling with my usual depression this time of year. Just cannot get over the loss of my Dad. Loosing a loved one over the holidays is just the hardest thing ever. And time is not healing.

• edwards750
    edited December 2016

Yea break from Tamoxifen Charger! I don't miss it one bit. Far fewer leg cramps and hot flashes.

So sorry about your loss. I lost my Dad days before Christmas too. It is so hard to get through with the holidays without either of my parents. My mom died in November 10 years ago. My father died in 1999. He would have been 100 years old December 8. Thanksgiving was my mom's fav holiday. I can't bring myself to walk down the Hallmark cards aisles and see all the mom and dad cards.

We do have wonderful memories. Hold on to those because it does help. My parents never got to see the grandkids graduate from college and get married or see the twins - their great grandchildren though I'm sure they are looking down on them and smiling.

Hoping your surgery goes okay.

Diane

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah!

Countdown is on... hope y'all have festive time.

Diane thinking of you & DH.

Fran - ugh, hope it all goes well. I take my AI in am.

Today was my mammo...yeah all clear....4yrs😎

Wish I could download all your yummy goodies

Going to start wrapping, baking, and loading up the car...off to my dad's.

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• edwards750
    edited December 2016

Cindy - thank you. Test was this morning. DH won't know anything for a few weeks. Twins were on a path to destruction in my house. They were into everything! Wired is an understatement.

We are having Christmas dinner at friends house. DH's family celebrates Christmas after Christmas. Only time they can get huge family together. We play secret santa which is fun! No one can afford to buy a zillion presents.

Great news on your mammo!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Diane

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah to everyone. I wish blessings, health, happiness, and random spikes of joy to all.

• edwards750
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Diane

• 70charger
    edited December 2016

Merry xmas Girls, love ya!

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited December 2016

abigal48 - I tried the no salt thing but it causes my heart issues to get really bad. Blood pressure drops to 70/50. Darn it. Wish I could do it. Thanks for the post.

• BUNKIE10
    edited December 2016

Cindy and Josie - thanks for the shout out. I am hanging in there for sure. Never give up.

Redheaded1 - OMG thanks for that post. It is an awful drug to kick. The bad thing is they started giving it to me in the hospital for the Vertigo and guess what one of the side affects is????? Vertigo. Once I got to rehab for rebuilding strength I was hooked. So I am cutting pills like a drug dealer with a scale and a razor. You can not drop more that 10% at a time and they only make a 2mg pill. I should take a photo. It is so funny to watch.

Loopy

I am going to be off by summer. That is the goal.

• BUNKIE10
    edited December 2016

Edwards - I hope he does not have Parkinson's. There are many things that can cause tremors. I have them.Matter of fact when I was picking up booze from the store for the holidays I was shaking so hard the cashier looked at me like I needed to open a bottle right then. I will say a prayer.

Yes Valium is a bitch to kick and they do not tell you about the seizures it can give you if you come off too fast.If not for that I would have just stopped them in one day. I will get there.

• 70charger
    edited December 2016

Bunkie, so nice to see u back on here. Hope for great things in store for you next year!

• edwards750
    edited December 2016

imageimageimageThank you Bunkie. I hope it is something else too. We should know for sure in a few weeks or at least rule out PD. OMG you have suffered so much. Praying 2017 brings you some relief. Thanks for checking in with us. We worry about our BC sisters.

DH family Christmas last night. Babies everywhere. DH's dad is doing okay and loved having his whole family there. 5 children, 8 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren.

• josie123
    edited December 2016

Fran, thanks Merry Christmas to you too.

Hope everyone had a great holiday it was great for us until Christmas night. That is when I told my DD to bring the dogs over even though I couldn't find our last remaining cat. Big mistake and now I am with out any felines in our house. She came out from behind the couch after dogs sniffed her out and tried to run. They caught her as I screamed for my kids to come help me. I couldn't stop them and will never forgive myself for that.I was hysterical when I reached my DD front door to tell her what happened. I scared her I think because at first I couldn't even tell her what was wrong. Then when she went to bring the dogs back home unfortunately my next door neighbor was letting her dog out without s leash and of course Sarah didn't have leashes on them so a fight ensued and the little thing got the bad end of it. Ended up in the animal ER and Sarah can't afford that bill for sure. if we had $1800 I would have paid her back . She's now finally realized she's can no longer keep that dog. She re homed it. And Im sure is heartbroken but so am i.

• josie123
    edited December 2016

imagemy bookitt

• 70charger
    edited December 2016

oh Josie! Biggest hugs ever ((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))).

• josie123
    edited December 2016

Thanks Fra

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited December 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all our friends here.
    We have all come a long way....congratulations on those celebrating 4 years.  It is almost 5 since I finished radiation and began the AI.  I will continue the AI drug a little longer but I do not think I want to go for 10 years.  I want to see if I can get rid of any of the symptoms.

I am up late tonight, after a very busy season of working, finals, grades, shopping, wrapping, baking, etc.  We had a quiet-ish Christmas with only my DS from Chicago here on Christmas Eve, and then traveled to DD#2 in CT for Christmas Day with DS, and two grandkids.  My grandson from NYC came up for the afternoon and had dinner as well.  My DD#1 from DC came Tuesday with my two grandsons who celebrate their birthdays this week.  She left Wednesday and I miss them.  In about 10 days, I will see DD#3 and 2 granddaughters from MA.  That leaves only my CA son that will not be here at all.  It was a very fragmented holiday.  I did not even decorate completely, but when my grandsons came this week, I put up some favorite kid decorations.

It is good to hear from everyeone.  Diane, so glad your house won the decorating contest.  Your photo is so pretty.  Fran, I know it is hard when you are missing your dad at Christmas.  We lost my MIL and my dad 10 days apart just before Christmas quite some years ago.  They were in the same hospital, same floor.  DH and I were in shock for years.  I hope you are keeping warm, Fran.

Brookside, I think of you when I travel to CT....let's find a time to meet in 2017! 
    Cindy, your photo is so beautiful.  I love the desert landscape.  I hope you enjoyed your grandson.
    Bunkie, I am so glad you checked in.  Sorry you are still battling various health issues.  Congrats on the progress in getting off the drug.

I love the pix that were posted. 
    Chi Sandy, I hope you are back on your feet and getting around.  Hanukkah and Christmas holidays coincided this year.  I wonder which décor you used!
    Sew, I hope your holidays were peaceful and that you are doing well.  It is good to hear from you.

Diane, my DH also has tremors but has not gone for diagnosis yet.  There is a disorder that I saw recently on TV that can be fixed through an external brain procedure.  I wish I could remember the details.  I am hoping that the results will reveal something that is treatable and not life-altering. 

Josie, the last post I read was yours.  I am very shocked and saddened about your cats. It is tragic and I cannot understand how anyone would expect you to allow the dogs back in after the first incident.   I am just heartbroken for you.  You are so giving; but you are allowed to set boundaries and protect your home and its occupants.  DD should know the dog should have been restrained.  I am not lecturing, just feeling broken-hearted for you. 

Wishing good health and good memories to be made in 2017.
    Hi to SAB, Janice, Gigil, and many others who we would love to hear from.
    Thinking about all our friends who are not posting or who have passed...

• edwards750
    edited December 2016
    Oh Josie I am so sorry. It's heartbreaking to lose a fur baby. We are still grieving over losing our 2 babies. Vet bills are just off the chart expensive and they want the money upfront.

Thanks Joan. We enjoyed decorating. I dread taking it all down. We did have a nice Christmas. It's amazing how much planning you do and it's over so fast. Btw we keep our decorations up until the Epiphany.

Joan - I know you wish you could have your whole family together but at least you did get to celebrate with them. My DS spent Christmas with GFF's family in Wisconsin. The kids loved the snow but it was a long drive - like 11 hours. Grandson James cried the whole time they were there. They stayed in one big room so you know no one got much sleep. Her mother rented a place that was nice. James just doesn't do well out of his surroundings. He is just now comfortable staying at our house.

I hope DH's tremors are treatable. I hope your DH's are as well. I find myself watching his every movement looking for PD symptoms other than the tremors. So far it's just the tremors. Other symptoms include the way he walks and even his handwriting.

I wish we could hear from our sisters who are MIA. Just concerned they are okay.

2016 brought challenges and blessings. I'm so grateful for all of you. It's so nice to be able to compare notes.

Praying 2017 brings us all peace and happiness.

Diane
  • april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2016

(((Josie))) That dog is dangerous and I am glad she re-homed because of the baby. When she begins crawling around, you cannot trust that dog not to go after her. Scary....

Hi to everyone and hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Nice to see Bunkie!

Happy New Year. Has been a busy week as we sold my dad's house finally and are taking the last of my Mom's things out of there...very hard for me. I have been crying daily! I miss her so much and it will be five years in February. I miss Dad too. It is a year and a half for him. A part of life I could do without - loss...

Love to all!

• josie123
    edited December 2016

Joan, glad you got to see most of your children for Christmas. Sounds busy. Thanks for your sentiments and I agree she knew better than not have him on a leash. The only reason she brought them over is because her boyfriend had a tantrum about them having accident in the house and I heard that particular dog crying from across the street because he grabbed it by the scruff and she stopped him from going any further.

Diane, I agree it takes a while to get over the tragic death of your animals because they are a part of your life and your family.

April thank you. Hugs back to you

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited December 2016

Jose, The only thing I can say is I'm so very glad that dog is re-homed. I'm just very very sad all your cats had to suffer the consequences. We are the guardians of our animals. I do hope she has at least told the new owners that this is a cat killing dog and a fighter. Once he's gotten a taste for that I doubt anyone will be able to stop him from doing it again. I also hope the boyfriend doesn't decide he can't stand the baby crying or leaving toys around etc. Sorry to be so tough about all this, but I'm rather fearful of what will happen next as I expect you are too.

• josie123
    edited December 2016

Sew, I agree. That's why I watch that baby anytime she asks. But as far as the dog She thought she had a home for him but is still searching. And yes she is honest with anyone interested about what the dog did

• edwards750
    edited December 2016

No offense Josie but her BFF scares me. He is too quick to be rough. I understand about the dog but I would still be upset with his crying. Good that you babysit as often as you can but you can't monitor him 24/7. I hope she finds a good home for him

Diane

• josie123
    edited December 2016

Diane, I know he scares me too sometimes that's why when they ask me to watch Maisiewhen she works I do . I personally don't think he would ever hurt the baby but you never know if he can hurt the dog. Too bad she dropped those animal abuse charges against him after she found out she was pregnant

• edwards750
    edited December 2016
    DH and I are babysitting the kids today for a few hours. Idk if DS and GFF are going out tonight or partying at home. DH and I did our share of celebrating NYE over the years but so over that now.

Josie - I wish she hadn't dropped those charges too. Do his parents help babysit too? DH and I - mostly myself and a friend babysit often for the kids which is okay because I love them so much and its hard to find someone to babysit 4 children esp during the day. She also has a babysitter but of course she has to pay her. Just saying.

Happy New Year everyone!

Diane