Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ottawa ladies?

Options

Comments

• caro46
    caro46 Member Posts: 78
    Options

Hi Ladies.

Red, sorry to hear about your troubles... Hope everything is ok in the end!

Sandi, Good luck for the next few days, I'll be thinking about you!

To whoever can answer this question: I am in week 4 after surgery and the scar is getting harder and stiffer... is this normal? the pain is only in the evening and not very bad... I'm going back for follow up with my surgeon next week but I'd like to get an idea if this is a common and normal stage after surgery?

Thanks in advance!

Carolyne

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    Options

Carol, I don't have any info to give.  I can't remember having that problem...Frown

Red, I too hope you get out soon...Perhaps you will see Sandi there...Sandi, are you at the Civic?  Good luck tomorrow.  We will all be thinking of you...Kiss

• redninrah
    redninrah Member Posts: 366
    Options

Caro- I'd call ur nurse straight away. Dr guay said if I had gone home and my hematoma started there, and. I waited , he might. Not have able to. Save flap.

Sorry to sound ott but I just want you to get the best care,

• redninrah
    Options

Coni - Hun, I. Never came home, on the day I supposed to they. Said no!

• redninrah
    Options

I'm waiting as my last day at this civic ends, I leave tomorrow and will never look back, 1st thing I'm doing is getting a massage therapist home tomorrow

• coni
    coni Member Posts: 181
    Options

Oh I though u were home! And had to go back... Oh Wow Nin i Hope u r doing better now!

Yay! For tomorrow. How is dr. guay my onc is sending me to see him....i guess we don't get to pick he just said he was good....

• dragonfly55
    dragonfly55 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Hi all,

Brrrrrrrrr.......... d_mn it's cold!!!

I had a great vacation at Barcelo in Riviera Maya :-). What a beautiful spot.. Lots of sun, vegetation, beach. Gorgeous pools, yummy food and homey rooms. Perfect for rest and relaxation. Loved it !!!

It's taking a while to adjust to this winter weather. Oddly enough, I was ready to come home to face the music?#!*#¿Z&%?

• caro46
    Options

Hi Sandi! Welcome back! I'm not surprised youre ready to face the music... I couldn't wait for something to be done about this... whatever it was! So are you ready? You have a ride there and back and some supports at home after the surgery? 

I wish I could go away right now with this cold weather and the snow and freezing rain coming tomorrow! Yuck! Thankfully only a couple more months of this and nice weather will be back!

Good night yall!

Caro 

• micheleboots
    Options

Sandi, sounds like a dreamy vacation..I know how you feel, I too just wanted to get it over with...

Coni, I got to see both DR. Guey and Dr. Rockwell.  Just ask your onc for a referral to Rockwell as well.  

Red, at what point did you know something was wrong..Did notice it or did the staff.  ON another note, are your drains removed yet? 

• dragonfly55
    Options

There is so much going on with everyone right now.

Mich - We were in Playa del Carmen on Tuesday 10, you were just s ferry ride a way. What a beautiful day on a soft sandy beach. The weather was fantastic except for the odd quick rainstorm. Was the weather the same where you were? Where did you stay in Cozumel? I'm so glad I had that break from the cold and real life..so to speak. I'm sorry to hear that your surgery is delayed. Is. There a chance it will change again?

• redninrah
    Options

Michelle- on the last 5thday on the morning the docs come into check at8am. The flap seemed ok .and therewasa pulse on the doppler. However when she took thebanadage off she saw the internal bruising and also noted at the superior area above flap was rock hard. I thought rock hard was supposed to be normal. As we don't check under the bandages. Whatever happened must have happened within the hr or so. And the tightness stiffness was getting worse on the minute . It almost felt as if my skin was ready to burst . Having gone thru it 2nd time, I have realized, boobs go from hard to soft and they then drop a little to gravity.

Now to possibly see what might have happened..... Dr guay told me treat my left arm like a broken wing so tuck it in to ur. Chest. So I. Guarded this position so at night when I tossEd from back to side I'd have my body on side and my arm tucked across the chest possible causing pressure on the flap. This may have caused the vessel to be pushed back onto the chest wall. Only a possible theory. 2nd time round I am much more relaxed with my left arm. I sleep only on back and encourage my arm to relax on the sides.

Abdominal drain came out on Friday and for obvious reasons boob drain is still in. Hardly anything is coming out.

I will. Be removed today along with all my staples in an, fake book and real boob.

Shower , and home time......

• redninrah
    Options

Crap excuse the spellg mistakes . It's 3am in the morning.

• redninrah
    Options

Coni, I did research, and met the best implant surgeon, dr Rockwell and best diep is and has to be dr guay.

She is a young professional woman, who I think is a perfectionist. I just had the fat for the diep hence I went with him.

• coni
    Options

Thanks ladies I will call today and ask to be referred to dr Rockwell as well does anyone know the time frame for wait list k know it's short notice but wanted to get at least the expanders before april I have a wedding :s to go and I want boobs lol

• caro46
    Options

Red... So they have wireless at the hospital? Good to know! Poor you still awake at 3 am! Hope it all goes back to normal once youre in your own bed at home!

I got a call today for appointments with medical onc and radiation onc! I was surprised as my surgeon said I didn't need any further treatments.  The lady on the phone said it was normal procedure but I can't help but worry a bit that there will be more treatments?  I am also getting my results from genetics next week so maybe there is something there... I'll try not to worry but I wish I was better informed on the process... maybe I don't ask enough questions. Any info from you ladies would be appreciated!

Be careful on the roads everyone!

Carolyne

• dragonfly55
    Options

Let's continue now. I am sure finding it hard to concentrate on testing.

Caro, how are you doing? My concentration level is so low right now that I don't know what I have read or done from one minute to the next. Is your drainage situation under control. How is your healing? I really like Maplesoft too. I haven't been for a while, but they call to see how I am doing. The art classes sounded interesting. Sounds like it's something worth pursuing. When do you go to Maplesoft next? Perhaps we can meet there, if I have an appointment at the General that day.

• dragonfly55
    Options

Michele - fabulous vacation.... Would sure like to be back there. I hope you have been staying away from the shovel... There is so much snow. Wow! Dr. Guay will be in fine form when he does your DI

EP. It will be perfection, for his upper class peers to admire. 27th is less than 2 weeks away. How are you feeling about all of this? I could use another lunch out just to shoot the breeze. Take care and I wish. You all the best with your surgery.

• dragonfly55
    Options

Red, sorry to hear about the trouble you've had after surgery? How are things now? Were you able to go home today? Bet you'll be glad to be sleeping in your own bed. Wishing you a quick recovery with no further complications.

Rachel welcome to the "group that no one wants to join.". There are some pretty compassionate and supportive gals on this board. Some of my favourites are on this thread. :-). What I have learned is that every single step of this journey has it's unknown, waiting, stresses and fears... But after each hurdle there is some peace and relief. I think i've experienced almost every human emotion... And that's okay.... This journey is a bit like a roller coaster of emotions. Lots of. Info and support here. Take care through your journey.

Wishing you good health. Hugs

• Kyta
    Kyta Member Posts: 273
    Options

HI Sandi….I also went to Playa Del Carmen on Tues the 10th! What a coincidence. We took the 4pm ferry across and the 10pm back to Cozumel. Did some shopping and went to Senior Frogs for dinner. Our weather was good. Had rain for a few minutes one day and a few days with a fair bit of cloud but it was still warm enough to wear a bathing suit every day. How'd the dye injection go today? I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Coni - I was referred to Dr Rockwell late Jan and got a consultation appt early April. After that I said I wanted to think about what procedure to have and I'd call back for another appt when I decided. I went back early June and committed to implants and my surgery was in Nov. I think I could have gotten an earlier surgery appt but her office had to coordinate with the BS' office as they did my surgery together for a prophy mx and tissue expander surgery at the same time.

Caro - yes it's normal to see a radiation onco and regular onco….they're the ones that recommend if you should have further treatment. I met with the radiation onco only once and he said no radiation was needed (I think that's pretty standard with a mx unless nodes are involved) then met with onco who said no chemo was required but he started me on tamoxifen. I saw the onco every 3 months for the 1st year, and now see him every 6 months. We chat a bit, he tells a few jokes, gives me a manual exam to check for lumps, then I meet with the clinical trial person and answer a few questions. 

• caro46
    Options

Thanks Mich! It's nice to hear from someone who's been there!

Sandi- The art classes are on tues from 3:30-5:30 until end of January then they will decide if it will be offered again.  I think it will since there was 12 of us and everyone enjoyed the process.  We painted with ink and acrylic paint on music.  It was just about relaxing and enjoying the process.  Today was supposed to be danse and movement but I didn't go because of the weather... I think next week were back to visual arts... The goal is to try different kind of arts and medium and then they will offer what the participants enjoyed the most on a regular basis.

When is your surgery again? I have an appointment at the general on Wednesday if youre around we could have coffee? I work in the east end so if you are in town for an apt and would like to meet let me know and I'll try to make it work!

Your brain will get back to normal after the initial shock, mine is just back to almost normal mode. My first week at work was a total waste of money for my employer as I couldn't focus much and kept forgeting everything! Good thing they are very understanding.

Red- How are you now? I did call the BS office after seeing your post and they said it didn't sound like an emergency, just normal healing at this time... He did men tion that I should be doing my exercises many times a day which I didn't realize. I was doing some streching in the am and then again in the evening but was affraid to strech too much.

Take care everyone!

Carolyne

• Kyta
    Kyta Member Posts: 273
    Options

Caro - you probably received a big blue book from the BS early on….it has info about the exercises you should be doing. They really do help. P.S. Sandi's surgery is tomorrow.

• caro46
    Options

Thanks Mich- I was doing the exercises but was affraid to cause damage to the scar so I stopped as soon as I felt streching.

Sorry Sandi- I should have remembered... It was just a few posts ago that you wrote about your surgery, and today was the Dye injection.  I had mine on the morning of the surgery so saved me a trip! Good luck tomorrow I'll be thinking about you and sending positive energy your way!

• redninrah
    Options

Ok so went to bed at 10pm, nice loud clarity of blood vessel.

Woke up at 3am, no sound on Doppler. Nurse checked 4 times judged 4 diff dopplers,

None. Had to call surgeons. Came down.....BAckinto surgery.

After surgery , they found a blood lot. I am in tears but I stronglyp believe 3rd time lucky

• coni
    Options

Nin- u still in hospital?!

• micheleboots
    Options

Red, I say a prayer for you every day...At this rate we could be roommates next week..I hope not for your sake...did you ever get a privet room?

• dragonfly55
    Options

Well, my surgery has been postponed as I had to have a few more tests. When I was away, I had a spell where my speech was garbled and not understandable. At pre-op and after dr. Spoke to BS they decided tests had to be done before proceeding. Today, I did brain MRI. Maybe they'll find my absent mind. LOL. Tomorrow, I go for EEG at General. Friday, I have bloodwork and ECG again (done on Monday), carotid doppler and follow-up meeting in afternoon. If all is well, my surgery is targeted to go ahead sometime next week.

Ill tell you this waiting, delays, postponements and side-steps is starting to wear me out. I could feel the fear settling in the end of last week. I wanted to run away.( Distraction: a bunch of my friends came over around 8pm Saturday and partied til midnight.). I felt teary driving in to pre-op, but by the end of appointment it had all changed.

• dragonfly55
    Options

So, after my frustration with another set back, I am visiting with my daughter and grandchildren. They were all sick with colds and pneumonia around Christmas/New Years so I haven't seen them. I am so grateful to have these few days to play, talk, hug and hold them. I expect that after surgery this may be restricted. They say that everything happens for a reason. So family time must be my reason for this sidestep.

• dragonfly55
    Options

Another note is today is Jason's 4th birthday and i'm celebrating with him!!!:-)

• coni
    Options

Nin I want to come see ya let me know when it's a good time kk

• redninrah
    Options

Come tomorrow in morning