Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ottawa ladies?

Options

Comments

• dragonfly55
    dragonfly55 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Coni, how was your appointment with onc? Are your percentages still low? With some of the Ottawa ladies having reconstruction, you'll get some good local (re: doctors) info. I am having pedicle tram done by Dr. Boyd. My mind has travelled in circles trying to figure out what to do. She will give me a breast reduction on other one 2 months after recon. Good luck with everything.

• coni
    coni Member Posts: 181
    Options

1030-11 good?

• redninrah
    redninrah Member Posts: 366
    Options

Yes

• coni
    Options

1030-11 good?

• coni
    Options

Dragonfly55 - onc was good thyroid was just really high have appointment with fam doc Friday to follow up, he said he would send me to dr guay, I went to see the receptionist to ask if he can also send me dr Rockwell she said they can only do one doc but she was going to try.... My onc said implants for me..

• Kyta
    Kyta Member Posts: 273
    Options

Sandi - I'm sorry to hear about the delay but I'm sure the Dr's feel these additional tests are necessary to make sure you're good for surgery….glad you're getting to visit with your family. Hang in there.

Red - hope today is a little better than yesterday. 

• coni
    Options

Nin- anything u wanna eat? I know hospital food sucks...

• redninrah
    Options

Umm. Anything but no chocolate,caffeine,or mint

• redninrah
    Options

Does anyone know of a good forum for the one step tissue expanders -

• dragonfly55
    Options

Red - wish things were working better for you with your surgery. They have a reconstruction section on site that might have thread on te. I hope you and Coni got a good visit. Are you still in Civic? I am there almost all day tomorrow. May you be sleeping in your own bed soon. Take care.

• dragonfly55
    Options

I did the brain MRI yesterday and did the EEG today. After that my daughter and I went to Maplesoft. We spent 1/2 hour in snoozelen? Room. It's pretty neat. I think i'll take Jason there when i'm on the upside of recovery. I'm ready for a nap now. Naps seem to have found their way into day. I seem to almost pass out and wake up later.

Be good to yourselves. Take care.

• Kyta
    Options

Red - there was an Ottawa woman who had posted about the one-step expander/implant with Dr Guay. Can't remember her name, but I think she posted on a reconstruction thread and on the 'Canadian connection' thread.

• redninrah
    Options

Mich - waist sumac?

• coni
    Options

Hi ladies I'm so excited ps appointment feb22, oh I want boobs for April, hope is not just wishful thinking but that's my goal! ...

• dragonfly55
    Options

Coni, that's great! Another step towards achieving your goal!!

Looks like I'll be back on the surgery schedule, when they can fit me in. Feeling a little detached from this right now.

My daughter got 2 little kittens. They are adorable as all kitties are, but they won't leave me alone. It doesn't matter where I set them up and how cosy the space is, within 10 minutes they're on top of me. At least I'm not lonely.

What a journey and varied experience of life are we all on. Each path is different, but our ultimate goal and destination is the same - a healthy and happy life - filled with hope for all those affected by breast cancer.

Hugs and wishes for good health.

• Kyta
    Options

Sandi - have you heard back yet on any test results? And yes, you're right, what an experience BC is. Wishing you and everyone else here good health for 2012 and for many years to come.

Caro - how are you doing? Hope your recovery continues to go well. 

• coni
    Options

Soo right dragonfly55 at the end we all want the same..

Just a healthy "normal life back".

Nin- how are u doing? How is the expander? I was very excited until I started reading about the pain associated with the expander :s, and the tight feeling... I was already starting to have a hard time breathing just from the reading, but I want breast and if is that's what will take I guess I have no

Choice..... I hope u r not having a hard time... Keep me posted!

• redninrah
    Options

Coni - nice chatting with you n the phone

• Kyta
    Options

REd - I'm sorry to hear that your surgeries didn't work out. I hope the one-step implant works for you. Take care and rest up. 

• rachel11
    rachel11 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Hi everyone,

Haven't been here in awhile, seems that I have alot of catching up to do.

Michele - good news on the audience for your surgery, a little extra attention is always good.

Red - I hope everything turns out good for you.

To all those returning or going on sunny trips! Welcome back or Enjoy and I am a little jealous! Wink

I have been keeping busy, changing my eating habits, lifestyle, etc.. I am slowly letting friends know about my bc. I am a bit surprised at the support that I am getting from the people around me. I always feels like I am dropping a bomb when I tell someone.

Less than two weeks before my appointment with the surgeon. It seems like I have been waiting for an eternity.

• redninrah
    Options

Hi I feel better today cuz I took off that tight abdominal binder from surgery, and I'm wearing my yoga pants which offers support.

My mom washed my hair too. I can't have surgery until they remove the bandages on Tuesday. Yay.

I'm wondering what my breast will look like with the TE in there. Will it be flat or have soon boob look to it....

I am moving more today

• redninrah
    Options

Coni- better, breathing is better or I've just got used to it, the tightness is actually the bandage over the breast. I'm nervous about what to expect on Tuesday. I've seen the results of diep and my boobs were better than my own . But since that failed, and we are doing this, I hope I get same results, and the TE ain't that bad ESP if my pain gets better with each day, I'm not worried, put it this way I've still not taken any pain killers

• Kyta
    Options

Red - what surgery are you having on Tuesday?

Rachel - glad to hear you're getting support from people…it helps to have others to talk to about what you're going through. Hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you. 

• coni
    Options

Nin- yes nice talking to you!, I'm glad u r feeling much better.... Keep me posted about Tuesday I'll pray that's it's not uncomfortable!...

• redninrah
    Options

Mich- I had TE installed on Wednesday and so they are removing bandage tomorrow . That's all.

Bandage is so tight, can't wait to take it off.

• Kyta
    Options

Red- just replied to your PM. How do you feel without the bandage?

Sandi - how are you doing? Any news on your tests? 

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    Options

Red, I have to say after reading your PM yesterday I slept so well...Up til now I have had the worst sleeps.  Thanks

• Kyta
    Options

Is your surgery on Friday Michele? I'm sure all will go well. Are you nervous?

• redninrah
    Options

Your welcome Michelle, I saw dr guay today, and he is pleased with my Implant.

I am flat but skin is stretched out and smooth. My first fill is next week....slowly I will watch my boob grow lol. I'm just so impatient, I want boobs. Now!!!!

The TE doesn't hurt just where the incisions are. I've got to wear this binder on my stomach until my stomach swelling stops. Otherwise I'm gonna get bad muffin tops over my incisions.

But I'm just so happy that. My bandages are off...and the staples from my boob and abdomin are gone,.

I'm started to sleep better and way more energy. I'm moving about more.

• redninrah
    Options

Michelle- u might have a nurse called vicky, if u do, she is the best!!!! Tell her I said hi.