Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ottawa ladies?

Options

Comments

• redninrah
    redninrah Member Posts: 366
    Options

Coni- ill take a pic of my boob as it stands. But I'm not sure that when u guys get ur TE installed whether they fill it or not. I forgot to ask mine if he did, I doubt it. Is just flat but smooth.

And ya the pain has gone, it's totally doable. Wow I'm living to tell the tale of two procedures lol.

• Kyta
    Kyta Member Posts: 273
    Options

Hey all…where is everybody?

Michelle - I think your surgery was today? Hope all went well for you. 

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    Options

Mich, It was delayed..there was an emergency so I got bumped to Monday..I was there and emotionaly ready to go...now I have a few more days to stress.  Yah me.

• dragonfly55
    dragonfly55 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Michele - What a bummer :-(   These delays aren't fun.  I think this (I have aged at least 5 years since I saw you.)  Have you've been able to distract yourself and enjoy part of the weekend. Good luck with surgery Monday.

Mich - I was wondering where everyone was too.  For a while, we were right up at the top of the Canadian Connection.  We are slowly sinking down the page.  I think with surgeries and everything else.....  I do miss hearing what is happening with everyone and how they are doing.

Well, I know I still have a normal brain (MRI) as for sanity (LOL).. well... I now wake up 4 or 5 times a night and average 3-5 hours sleep... upon waking... first thoughts:  "is my surgery today?"; "have I had my surgery?"; "where am I?"; "what day is it?"....  i am a bit disoriented right now... It's amazing how stress affects you.  It's no wonder my BP is up.

My BS is on holidays until January 31.  I am anxiously awaiting my new surgery date.  

Take care. 

• Kyta
    Options

Michele - sorry to hear that. I'm sure you were disappointed. You get all psyched up and ready, then the big let down. Well at least you don't have much of a delay. Good luck on Monday. How long are you supposed to stay in the hospital?

Dragonfly - I really feel for you. Reading about how you're feeling reminds me of how crappy that time was. Anxiety, sleeplessness, not eating properly, feeling nauseous….I could barely brush my teeth without the gag reflex kicking in. In hindsight the only good thing about the waiting/worrying, is that I lost weight….unfortunately I've gained it all back:) Hoping you get a quick surgery date.

• micheleboots
    Options

Dragonfly, yes those days are stressful..my gp gave me a sleeping pill prescription.  I only used it a few times, but it really helped.  I still take one occasionally..like three times last week..I just figure I need at least a few good nights of sleep in a week.  One other sucky part of not having my surgery is that I have to cook, clean and do teh usual weekend things...I was looking forward to a few day off...I guess they are only delayed...look out hospital/spa, here I come.

• rachel11
    rachel11 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Michele - Sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed.  Hope everything goes as planned on Monday.

• Kyta
    Options

Michele - hope all went well today and that you're not in too much pain.

• redninrah
    Options

Is anyone visiting Michelle? Hope she is doing well....anyone in close contact with her?

• redninrah
    Options

Where is everyone......I had my 1st fill yesterday, painless experience, woohoo. I spent the whole morning shopping , energy is back, and shooting pain in armpit almost gone. Yay. Te ain't that bad, I was hearing horror stories and prepping for the worst. My flat breast has a small bump, jeez it's reminding me of when I was pregnant watching the belly grow lol.

He only put in 20cc but that's great. He said my breast looked angry, only cuz of the radiation scars .

I felt so happy yesterday and today that I'm on the mend after such an ordeal.

To my friends coni and nannababy TE is so worth it !!!!!

My ps is the same ps as Micheleboots, and I sneaked a question in and asked if everything went well with. Her diep. He said she was doing great :) wish you a speedy recovery Michele.

We all shud get together, but let's wait until our friends heal. I would love to meet you all.

• dragonfly55
    Options

Happy Days for you Red! So glad to hear such good cheer. Hooray for little bumps that grow, awaiting the end result... Just like pregnancy...good metaphor, Red. Shopping is such good therapy. I look forward to my first shopping spree after all is done. Have you heard how Nannababy is doing? She is so young to be going through all this.

Michele, how are you doing? Looking forward to your next post. Cheers! To a speedy and healthy recovery. Take care.

Mich, your surgery is coming up soon. Although I am totally confused, re: time, days, life, BC, the days seem to just come quickly... One too fast, the next too slow. I can't remember date (6th?), I know I'll lose what have written if I look back. Best of luck .

Carolyne, wishing you well in health and life. How's art at Maplesoft. What is your next interest? They offer some good workshops, but there are so few spaces. I am planning on attending some after surgery.

My surgery date is next Wednesday, Feb.8, with dye injection day before. I see Dr. Arnaout tomorrow. She will go over surgery, etc. With me. Good thing as I don't have clear idea on anything. Must be a mental block.

Looking forward to hearing from all us Ottawa ladies. Get together sometime end of Feb. or beginning of Mar. May be fun.

Take care.

Sandi

• redninrah
    Options

Dragonfly- what surgery. U having and where is eye surgery

• dragonfly55
    Options

Red - My mx and pedicle tram (L) are at the General and dye injection (SNB) at Civic. tt was postponed (Jan. 18). I needed a couple of tests done and its all good.

I

• Kyta
    Options

HI all

Good to hear that folks are doing pretty good.

Red - glad you're feeling better and on the mend. It's a good thing that he's going slow with the fills for awhile. Most of my fills were 60ccs, then as I got bigger and tighter, went down to 50, then 40 and the last couple were only 30.

Sandi - next Wednesday!! I'm happy you won't have to wait much longer to get it done and over with. I'll be curious to hear more about the pedicle tram. Best of luck with everything. 

My exchange surgery is on Tuesday (7th), fingers crossed that I won't get a call saying it's been rescheduled again. I've had tissue expanders since Nov 2010, so really looking forward to getting rid of them and getting implants…hopefully they'll be softer.

• rachel11
    Options

Hi everyone!

Haven't been here in awhile. I see that everyone seems to be doing well.

Has anyone yet heard from Michele since Monday. I hope she is doing well after her surgery.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with my surgeon, I am a little nervous but glad to see the day come as well. I am working on my list of questions to ask him tomorrow. Any suggestions on what I should ask?

• Kyta
    Options

HI Rachel…no word from Michele yet, I see she hasn't logged in since Jan 29th so I guess she's taking it easy. I'm sure there's a fair bit of pain for at least a few days post surgery. Hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

I'm glad to hear you're finally meeting with a surgeon tomorrow. If I recall you've waited since mid Dec. I'm sure you have tons of questions. I'm sorry but I can't recall any details on your path report. Did it say invasive ductal or lobular carcinoma or DCIC? Anyway if you're not sure, that's the first question you'll have, although I'm sure the surgeon already plans to go through your path report in detail with you. Ask questions about the type of surgery he/she recommends and why? Does he/she recommend node removal during surgery or sentinal node biopsy prior to surgery? Any other tests recommended prior to surgery? Sometimes a breast MRI is recommended. Let us know how your appt goes Rachel. 

• dragonfly55
    Options

Rachel, Is someone going to you to your appointment? If not, try and take someone with you. I made the mistake of not taking someone with me on my 2nd appointment (as 1st went so well). Everything she said was a blur. A second set of ears and notepad and pencil are helpful. Good luck with your appointment.

Mich, Keeping my fingers crossed for you, too. You'll be on the mend one day before me. Here's to our surgeries happening on their scheduled days..no more delays.

Michele, hope you're starting to heal and your pain is limited. Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Carolyne, When do you see the onc? I was thinking about trying to get some of us together after we're mobile. Thought Maplesoft would be a great spot if they would let us use kitchen and one of rooms. Do you know if they do that?

Red, I went shopping today after seeing BS. Good therapy. Hope those happy days and happenings stay with you.

Coni, You must be looking forward to seeing PS. We will have had TE/implants, yDIEP d pedicle tram reconstruction experience before you see surgeon. Knowledge/information through experience. Some may be able to give feedback to you here or through pm.

I'm glad I met with BS today. She answered all my questions and set my mind at ease. She said I gave her quite a scare and felt bad I was going through this. She still seems about a stroke, but neurology did clear me. She also said I could delay tram. Mx needs to done. Its a long surgery together and of course is harder on your system. I scar so badly, I'd rather have it all done at once. I go back 2 months later for reduction on other breast.

Apricots, carrots, walnuts, eggbeaters, roasted seaweed (trying to squire a taste for that, parsley, organic honey, carrots.... Atnd. The list goes on.

I went therapy shopping after that..... I have discovered I watch to much Dr. Oz. I spent $250 items. Purchased: 4 different kinds of lima beans (1C daily too kill BC cells, limes, dried apricots...

.just noticed sentence above jumbled... Too tired to fix sorry about that.

Anyways, no junk food bought and lots of stuff I don't normally eat.

What was I thinking. Hugs to all... I'm off to the Land of Nod....

• rachel11
    Options

Thanks for question suggestions, they were very handy at my appointment.

I found out that I actually have IDC and not DCIS. Not having had a mammogram yet, my surgeon is sending me for an MRI sometime next week, then on to the remaining battery of tests. Odds are my surgery will be in mid-March, and he has recommended a partial mastectomy, which will be taking either half or all of my nipple. That's the decision I have to make before our next appointment...half or all of my nipple. I thought for sure that the decision would be easy but when actually faced with it, I am finding a bit more difficult that I thought it would be.

He did say that I was really lucky to have found it so early in the game. He is very optimistic about my recovery.

Oh and he is also saying radiation and doubts that I will have to have chemo...but will let the cancer centre advise me for sure.

• Kyta
    Options

Hi Sandi - I'm glad you feel good about today's appt. It's important to feel confident in your BS and know what to expect with surgery. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Rachel -Sorry to hear that it's IDC rather than DCIS, but good news that the surgeon thinks it's early stage. Not exactly sure what a partial mastectomy means in terms of whether you'd need reconstruction afterwards? If I had to choose between half or full nipple, I'd go with full nipple, just to ensure that if cancer is lurking around there, that it'll all get removed. Good luck with the upcoming tests. 

• redninrah
    Options

Dragon- I'm doing great...still wearing my spanx to reduce abdominal swelling, but I'm pretty much doing everything, apart from picking anything more than 20 pounds.....I'm starting to stretch and exercise my arm so I can get more flexibility. Other than that I'm great.

• Kyta
    Options

Good news Red!

• micheleboots
    Options

Yahoo I have cleavage.  All went well.  i am onlt typing with one hand...first few days  i wanted to turn back clock...but now i am better....There is not to much pain, so that is good.  Red you can relate..I hated the bear hugger blanket...Christ that thing made me hot.  I'm sure I sweat off at least 5 pounds and that combined with the jello diet, makes for a slim body...I woke from surgery with a numb left foot.  It is hard to walk on it.  It's like it is asleep, with pins and needles.  Doc said it was most likely from being strapped to the table, and it might have pinched a nerve. And it would go away.  Right now that is my only complaint...

Red did doc tell you to wear a bra.  Right now i only have the tenser bandage on.  Oh ya did you have the two hottie surgeons...whoo what nice eyecandy.

• Kyta
    Options

Great to hear from you Michele!! Sounds like the surgery went well and you're feeling ok, all things considered, and hottie surgeons thrown in to boot! Yay for cleavage! That's so weird about your foot….I hope it's very temporary.  Rest up and take care of yourself. Hope your hubby and kids are spoiling you.

• redninrah
    Options

Michelle, heheh I know exactly which two hotties ur talking about.....lol.....very nice gd looking men :) lol

Yes the bear hugger used to make me sweat so bad, and the food, ya well I have since the diep lost 10 pounds...

Thats great news u have cleavage. I have this stupid implant that I can feel in my under arm, aghhhhh.

• coni
    coni Member Posts: 181
    Options

hi ladies!! i hope everyone is doing great!

michelle, glad to hear surgery went well... i cant wait to be the next one getting my boobs..

dragonfly... i hear ya, watching way too much dr oz too i did see the episode about the lima and apricots hehehehe... i do have this lima beam salad ( my hysband family are lebanese, his mom gave it to me, very good)

Red- it was nice facetiming with ya the other day.

i hope everyone else is doing great, best wishes to all the ladies getting ready for surgeries, to those who just joined the journey...

• Kyta
    Options

Sandi - best of luck with the SNB tomorrow and with your surgery on Wednesday. I'll be thinking of you:)

I go to the hospital tomorrow at 9:45 so guessing the surgery is scheduled between 12 and 1 sometime. I hope I'll be happy with the implants.  

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    Options

Hugs Mich.  And the best to you.  I hope they are all YOU hope for.

• Kyta
    Options

Thanks Sharon:) Hope all is well with you.

• micheleboots
    Options

Sandi, good luck tomorrow.  Where are you the civic or the General. I am at the civic about 9:00.  Can you take a sleeping pill tonight so that you can get a good night sleep.  Thank goodness for the occasional sleeping pill.

• dragonfly55
    Options

Mich, good Luck tomorrow! (((Hugs)))