Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Jewish Warrior Sisters

Options

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    edited February 2012
    Options

just lost a long post....lets see if I can re-create it

Rachel...so nice of your rabbi to send you the email...

I have the tattoos from rads but no "finishing" touches......

Eama....do keep us posted on test results....how's the new house?

Leah.....how are you doing?

I just marked 6 years since Dx last week...will celebrate after I see onc on the 23rd and get confirmation that I'm still NED....the date just kind of came and went this year....lasxt year at 5 years, DH and kids acknowledged the date....I still have the card from DD hanging on the kitchen wall.....it says "send you love on the anniversary of the most dreadful news"....no date on it, so its always relevant.....At shabbat dinner I asked DD and DH if they knew what date it was (this year) and DH gave me a hug and said yes, since I asked I reminded him and DD said, yes, see I made you  a card and shows me the card from last year....she's an amazing kid with such a sense of humor!!!!

Hugs to all....Karen

• rachelvk
    rachelvk Member Posts: 564
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema - Good luck with the CT scan. My ins refused a PET, too. Sorry about the implant!! I hope it's not too uncomfortable since it sounds like you have to wait. I'm debating between silicone and saline...

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    edited February 2012
    Options

raachelvk, Be sure you get all the facts. Worked with a lady who had silicone implants. They leaked and caused major health problems. The saline seems safer IMHO. Good luck

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,834
    edited February 2012
    Options

Current silicone implants are cohesive gels. If the shell ruptures they really don't leak. It's kind of semi solid, like jello. I think there must be a thread comparing them. Hope everyone is well.

Eema, thinking about you and praying as well.

Caryn

• karen1956
    edited February 2012
    Options

like Caryn said, the new generation silicone implants are safer than ever...they were studied extremely well before given the FDA approval....My PS was one of the docs in the clinical trials....they got FDA approval just before I got mine....I would say check them out and go what feels best to you....both are safe!!!

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2012
    Options

I had both. Saline were SO uncomfortable. And ugly. And cold. Silicone are squishy and more body temp. But, I'd rather have my real boobies, minus the cancer.

Feel absolutely yuck so I'm in bed. Why do they make me wait over a week for results???

• rachelvk
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema - Sending you some chicken soup vibes. I hope you feel better! I agree - as happy (if you can say that) to have somewhat of a decent figure even with the TEs (cleavage just a few weeks post-BMX - who would have thought it???), they're just not the same, even if a lot of the skin is still mine.

• Eema
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thanks for the chicken soup vibes!  You look hot in your new sheital!  Is it new?

So, my Jewish Sisters, I am freaking out.  I went to an urologist that I wont see again--she said my horrible pain after peeing is from muscle spasms.  Then she let me see my CT report without interpreting it.

Here is why I am freaking out.  I have numerous tiny nodes in my chest and abdomen that are more numerous than commonly seen, and "a few scattered sclerotic foci in the bones...blah blah...Bone scan could be done to evaluate for an (bad grammar!) metastatic osseous disease as needed clinically."  the area is 1 cm and on the left side of L2.

Seriously?  And they didn't to a PET scan WHY???  

I'm going to go make some nachos for my son.  Doesn't Hashem know I have a 6 year old and ONLY had DCIS???  Why the H3ll are they talking about bone mets?  Could this be a result of my melanoma 28 years ago?  

Any advice would be great.  I need a good cry. 

• karen1956
    edited February 2012
    Options

((((((((((((((Eema))))))))))))))...shame on the urologist for sharing results and NOT explaining what they means....not right at all....here's wishes that your worry is for naught!!!! 

Time to start cooking for Shabbat dinner....tired of the same old recipes, but how many different ways can you cook chicken!!!!  Cooking shabbat lunch for a family that had a baby a couple weeks ago so hope I don't forget to double my challah recipe.

Wishing everyone a good Shabbat....its already Shabbat in Israel, so a bit late for Leah_S.

Hugs to all.  Karen

• Eema
    edited February 2012
    Options

Here is an update: sorry for relishing

So first, Friday morning I called and talked to the nurse. I said, "just tell me to stop freaking out, it coiuld be something else.". So that is exactly what she said, and told me the onc would call later that afternoon. Since I observe Shabbat, that had to be before sundown yesterday, so around 2 I screamed to G-d, "G-d! This is your child Eema! Please have (insert onc's name here) call me now so I dont have to eat my stomach waiting!" wouldn't you know the phone rang just then??? He looks out for me!

So she was wonderful, told me to call any time, and that of course she would want to know right away, too. She also has BC, so I know she knows how it feels. She told me she applauded that I research my own reports, and anyone who told me not to was wrong. She also said I need to ask questions to feel better, which was fine.

The upshot? She doesn't know why it would be from my BC, since it wasn't invasive. It would have to be a third cancer (had melanoma). But, I DO have lesions in my illium, largest is 1 cm, and more, plus widening between L2 and L3, so she wants to be aggressive and get a bone scan right away, monday or Tuesday, and said thank for not waiting to call, because that would have delayed the bone scan... So good idiot urologist gave me the reports, bad she didnt explain them, and good i still have an appt on Thursday to go over bone scan.

I also asked her for Ativan. Just a couple to break the stress cycle.

Whew. We know nothing now, but will soon. oh, if the bone scan lights up, she said she was going to have to stick a needle in the lesion. Sounds like fun.

On top of it all, I am fighting with our ex land lady who stole our $1500 security deposit, I played the cancer card. Next I will evoke the wrath of G-d. Her son is a rabbi-- I hope it works! It would piss me off, but I would feel guilty enough to give it back. No, I wouldn't steal someone's money in the first place!

I really want to play up the Jewish guilt. My goodness, we have mutual friends. Does one have to at like such an idiot to someone Jewish going through cancer? Aren't we all in this together? And I TOLD her when I put the security deposit in the joint account that I was worried about her stealing our money, and she promised she wouldn't. Should I get the din involved? Even though her son is a rabbi, she works on Shabbat. She says since she is a nurse it is allowed, but schedules herself on Shabbat, then says she is a bad Jew so it is OK. I hate using religion for warped purposes. It makes me angry. OK, need to chill. Shavoua tov, girls.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema,

This is worrisome but hope the Ativan helps until the bone scan. I had a bone biopsy and had good drugs so it was not at all painful. Thank G-d for Versed. As for your landlady, her attempts to swindle you make her a bad person regardless of religion. Try to relax a bit this weekend. I'll pray for good results for you. Caryn

• exbrnxgrl
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi all,

My daughter Sarah's baby shower was today. It was a wonderful happy occasion and bc only crossed my mind when people told me how good I looked. What can I say, stage IV becomes me. Sorry, if my gallows humor upsets anyone. On a more difficult note, my sister's first yahrtzeit is this week. Hard to believe she's gone. She was my younger sister. It's been so difficult for my parents. But this is life, isn't it?

Caryn

• rachelvk
    edited February 2012
    Options

Caryn - I'm so happy the shower went well! It is wonderful when we let the rest of our lives take over and put aside our worries.

There's a minyan this evening at my synagogue (one of the regular minyan-goers requested it for the yahrzeit of his mother). I'll think of your sister.

Eema - Go ahead and use the 'cancer card' when you want. And a good dose of Jewish guilt doesn't hurt. Stealing is wrong, period, but when you know someone is facing a serious health issue, it makes it even more unconscionable. I hope you're able to resolve that. And I'm also praying for good results for you.

And thanks everyone for your thoughts on implants. Glad I have a few months to decide. 

• karen1956
    edited February 2012
    Options

Caryn...remind me when you DD's baby is due.....

I was talking to my mother this morning and she said getting old is hard (she is the care taker for my dad and lots going on, now with both of them) and I said "it beats the alternative" and mom said, I don't know!!!  So sad...she is so depressed and is in denial with dad and with herself and everything else....I'm going down there on a red eye wednesday night/thursday morning for the long week-end...... 

Wishing eveyone a good day....Hugs and love, karen

• exbrnxgrl
    edited February 2012
    Options

Karen,

I will be a baubie in about 4 weeks. I think I'm going to have the baby call me Bibi or Mimi. Baubie sounds too old!

Caryn

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2012
    Options

Caryn, my grandchildren call me Savta. Grandchildren are the best!

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your parents. My mother has Alzheimer's also, and she's still home since she has an aide for 12 hours a day - 9AM to 9PM. My father is able to get out that way, and he also doesn't have the burden of the physical aspects of taking care of her (he's 86 so not exactly a young man). She's also in a wheelchair because of severe spinal stenosis. They're living in Los Angeles now - they moved there almost 3 years ago since both my sisters live there so now they have help from them, too. The situation is I guess as good as it can be though it's still painful for all of us.

Eema, have you had the bone scan yet? The whole situation is scary, I know. I hope the answers are ones you want to hear. And as far as your old landlady - let her feel as much guilt as you can. Her actions are inexcusable, and since she did this knowing you have cancer that makes it even worse.

Rachel, how is it going with the chemo? I hope it's being gentle on you but hard on the cancer.

There is an organization here called Beit Natan that offers support services to women with cancer. They hold a 3-day retreat every winter, so I'm gong next week. I've gone in the past and it's wonderful for me. I'll tell you about it when I get back.

Leah

• Eema
    edited February 2012
    Options

Scan Scheduled for Wednesday with results on Thursday @ 1:30.  Good thing she gave me 15 Ativan!

Anyone else have scattered sclerotic foci?  Largest is 1 cm in the right sacrum and more to the left of the L2.  Onc said if I had a different kind of cancer (stage 0), we would be having a very different conversation about mets, but that can't happen with stage 0...

So what's in my mind?  What if they were wrong???

Oy va voy am I nervous.  I am thinking of you all:)

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema, wishing you well - that this goes easily and gives you the best answer possible. 

• Leah_S
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema, I'm davening for you.

Leah

• pessa
    pessa Member Posts: 137
    edited February 2012
    Options

Wishing everyone a good Shabbos.

• rachelvk
    edited February 2012
    Options

Shabbat Shalom! I had chemo tx #4 and am looking forward to Shabbat and the weekend in general.

Eema - Praying for good scan results and wishing you especially warm Shabbat wishes. 

• JoanQuilts
    JoanQuilts Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    Options

What Rachel said!  And looking forward to hearing from Eema.

• Leah_S
    edited February 2012
    Options

Shabbat Shalom everyone!

Rachel, I hope your chemo continues to treat you gently.

Eema, I hope your scan results were good.

I'm going away Sunday. There is an organization here called Beit Natan which offers support services for women with cancer. They run a three-day retreat every year up north so I'm going again. I've been before and it's an amazing program. It renews my spirit and helps me keep going.

Leah

• Eema
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi banot,

Shabbat shalom. Bad scan results. Showed blah blah consistent w metastasis in L2. Gave me the choice of waiting three months to see if it grows or biopsy. I wanted them to do it today, but hopefully next week. Also going to have a biopsy on a lymph in my chin.

WTH?

Asked a completely Chiloni friend to put a note in the wall. She said she would. I'll take them from anyone else, too.

• Leah_S
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema, lots of davening for you from me.

No other words, just tears.

Leah

• Eema
    edited February 2012
    Options

Todah, Leah.

I only had DCIS. I don't know how it could be that. Probably melanoma. I have a freaky rash on my belly that won't go away.

Hope I can get out of my meeting today.

I'm still looking for tickets for Israel in May.

• karen1956
    edited February 2012
    Options

((((((((((((((((((((((Eema)))))))))))))))))))))))...I so sorry that the news wasn't what you wanted to hear....And hope you can get tickets to Israel in May......

Leah....have a good Shabbat and enjoy the retreat.....it sounds wonderful....tell us all about it when you get back.....as I write this, I realize that it might already be past candle lighting.....

Rachel....hope you are feeling okay....4 down and how many more to go?

SIL spent the nigth at ER...he went in with high fever, chills, shakes, chest hurting....after test after test, they think its the flu and are admitting him......he had been on antibiotics for an abscess tooth......DD slept on 2 chairs in the ER last night and went home to shower and sleep this morning....got 2 hours and she is on her way back to hospital....BBL

• rachelvk
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema - {{{hugs!!!}}} Sending you only the best wishes that you and your doctors will find the right approach.

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eema, so very sorry for this news. How is it possible with DCIS? 

• Eema
    edited February 2012
    Options

no idea, hrf

thought I'd share my latest writing as I wait for the cancer center to call with my biopsy schedule.  Can you believe someone told me "I only schedule biopsies for BREASTS.  You don't have breasts...
    "  Nice. 

https://cancerchmancerpoopoopoo.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/radioactive-metastatic/

Shabbat shalom!