Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Jewish Warrior Sisters

Options

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,520
    edited September 2014
    Options

Pessa...enjoy your son...How nice that he can be home for Rosh Hashanna.  Likewise wishing everyone a L'Shana Tov and good health and peace.  We should all only know good things.  Karen

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

imageParty like it is 5775!  Wishing everyone a healthy and peaceful new year. L'shanah tovah. 

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,836
    edited September 2014
    Options

L'Shanah Tova to all. May you have a sweet new year.

"Dip the apple in the honey, make a brucha loud an clear..." 

• NYCchutzpah
    NYCchutzpah Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2014
    Options

L'shana tova  a healthy and sweet new year to all

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2014
    Options

Shana Tova to everyone. May we all be inscribed for a year of HEALTH and LIFE.

Leah

• karen1956
    edited December 2014
    Options

Chag Sameach Chanukah!!

Tonight (1st night) I had my mother over for dinner. Both Denver kids were home, so it was nice for her to be with both of them. It is finals week for my 16 year old, so she wasa little pre-occupied, but mom had a nice time anyways. She so enjoys home cooking. I made potato latkes, chicken wings, roasted cauliflower and a salad. I think Mom is going to come again for Shabbat dinner....I will make potato kugel....latkes are a once/year treat...too much work for more often. I may try making sufganiot, but I need to find a new recipe.

I think of everyone often. Hoping everyone is doing well. Hugs and love from Denver, Karen

• pessa
    pessa Member Posts: 137
    edited December 2014
    Options

Sounds like a yummy dinner.

Happy Chanukah to all!

• aviva5675
    aviva5675 Member Posts: 836
    edited December 2014
    Options

Chang sandwich

Ok that is supposed to be chag sameach!

• NYCchutzpah
    NYCchutzpah Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2014
    Options

Had a nice traditional xmas here. The Chinese restaurant was busy:) Just about all the glatt places were open so we could have gone elsewhere but decided to stick with our tradition, Happy new year to all.

• JoanQuilts
    JoanQuilts Member Posts: 265
    edited December 2014
    Options

What movie did you see NYCChutzpah? :)

• rachelvk
    rachelvk Member Posts: 564
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I can't believe I haven't checked in in so long. Maybe that's a good thing. My surgery went well, and my latest MO appointment was uneventful. Wishing everyone and their family well as we start preparing for Pesach.

• JoanQuilts
    edited March 2015
    Options

Definitely a good thing to have moved on, Rachel! Glad all is going well. Shabbat shalom to all.

• karen1956
    edited April 2015
    Options

Last week I moved my mother to a different Independent Living community. its still close to me, but not quite as close...instead of 1/2 mile away its 2 1/2 miles...still walkable on Shabbat and Yom Tov as long as its not too hot as the eruv doesn't go all the way there. Mom seems to be adjusting. Her new apt is lovely and much more affordable!!

Trying to finish up my kitchen today so I can turn it over tonight. The ovens and sinks are done as it one cabinet. I still need to tackle one big cabinet, the cook top and the counters. Then tomorrow to start cooking. And get produce, milk and OJ. I think I have everything else and if I don't then we don't need it!!! We are hosting both sedars but only have company the 1st night...we are 6 and will have 6 guests. The second sedar is just us. I wasn't up to company two nights in a row. We were invited out the first night but my DH and DD/SIL wanted to stay home. My Toronto kids arrive tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a Chag Kasher V'Sameach. Karen

• Leah_S
    edited April 2015
    Options

Chag Kasher V'Sameach to all!

We're going to be 15 for seder (I didn't count the 2yr old twins - they'll be sleeping!). I am SO glad there's only one seder in Israel.

Leah

• exbrnxgrl
    edited April 2015
    Options

What??? Only one sedar? We must bring that tradition here. Younger dd and SIL hosting a potluck sedar for second night. She is a bit stressed:(

Have a good Pesach to all.

Caryn

• pessa
    edited April 2015
    Options

a Chag kasher v,Sameach to all

• aviva5675
    aviva5675 Member Posts: 836
    edited April 2015
    Options

chag sameach!

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited April 2015
    Options

Happy and HEALTHY Passover to everyone!

• VivianS
    VivianS Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just found this thread and HAD to join! Hope you all add a wonderful passover!

• karen1956
    edited April 2015
    Options

Vivian...glad that you found us...welcome....

• JoanQuilts
    edited June 2015
    Options

http://www.onlysimchas.com/news/11945/rochelle-sho...

This is such a terrible loss to the Jewish breast cancer community. Rochelle was an amazing young woman.

• pessa
    edited June 2015
    Options

Baruch Dayan Haemet.Thank you for letting us know.

• karen1956
    edited June 2015
    Options

I saw on fb yesterday and then I got an email from Sharsheret. I am heartbroken. I met Rochelle when she was in Denver a few years ago...actually, she spoke at my house. She was such a dynamic woman. Way too young. Baruch dayan emet. May her memory be for a blessing.

I hope everyone is doing well. This is my last week of school and then its summer vacation!!! yay!! G-d willing I'm going to Israel for a month, July 8- August 9th. I'm volunteering with Sar-El part of the time. I have my ticket, but no other arrangements are made. I guess I need to get busy or I'll be sleeping on the streets!!!

Karen

• exbrnxgrl
    edited September 2015
    Options
    L'Shana Tova to all of you and your loved ones. Have a happy, sweet New Year!
  • mandy1313
    mandy1313 Member Posts: 978
    edited September 2015
    Options

L'Shana Tova to you and yours!

• Leah_S
    edited September 2015
    Options

Shana Tova U'Metuka to all! Chativa v'chatima tova.

Love to all.

Leah

• rainnyc
    rainnyc Member Posts: 801
    edited September 2015
    Options

Glad to see this thread come to life! L'Shana Tova to you and yours.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited September 2015
    Options

L' Shana Tova to all!!!

Babs

• antonia1
    antonia1 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2015
    Options

Best wishes of a happy,healthy and peaceful New Year to all my Jewish Warrier Sisters. L'Shana Tova!!!

• exbrnxgrl
    edited September 2015
    Options

It's like shul, some of us only visit on the High Holy Days