Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options

Comments

• FilterLady
    FilterLady Member Posts: 74
    Options

BarbaraA,

Thank you so much for keeping us informed and for giving our love to Marybe.  Bless your heart, please try to get some rest.

I am rejoicing for Marybe since she is with the Lord and those precious family (including critters) and friends that have gone before her but I am also saddened by the physical loss of Marybe. I'm smiling and wondering how many critters were waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge, lol.  It had to be a glorious sight to see her face light up upon seeing her critters and family again.

She was so important to so many of us and I believe she was the first one that welcomed me here last year.  I will honor her memory by trying to be helpful and welcoming to those that are new to the boards every day.  I pray that one day there won't be any newbies.  Wouldn't Marybe love that?  I never met her in real life but I will see her again one day when Jesus calls me home.  

I can't imagine the pain of those that have known and loved her for so many years.  I am praying for their comfort at this difficult time.

I saw my MO today and I'm still dancing with NED.  I return in 4 months and I know that Marybe is cheering for me on each visit.  I'll think of her often as will so many of us.

She was a special lady and I really am touched by the outpouring of love for her.  She made me (and apparently everyone here) feel like they were so special and she really cared what was going on with us, whether it was medical or not.

Marybe, rest in peace, you will never be forgotten.

God bless y'all,

LaDonna

PS Cancer sucks!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,838
    Options

I was just now able to read bco for the first time today. No words, no words at all. Rest in peace, Marybe.

Caryn

• leez
    leez Member Posts: 12
    Options

there you are! i was looking for your recent posts but couldn't find you...new to this so maybe i am missing something but i am truly overwhelmed by the love and kindness shown for marybe on this message board. i am so glad i signed up to read the wonderful things being said about her. it is bringing me much comfort and for that i am thankful. thanks so much for your help and support also barb- your visit helped us here in cincy.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,031
    Options

In our last PM, just a few weeks ago, Marybe and I were lamenting how sad it is when people we've come to care for just disappear from the Boards. We wished there would be an opportunity to say 'Good Luck' if they are just moving on, or to tell them how much we care for them if their time on earth was drawing to an end. Barb, because of you, we were given the gift of being able to tell Marybe how much she meant to us, and she was given the gift of knowing, for sure, how very many lives she touched. We all owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude.

If each of us can strive to live lives of friendship, inclusiveness, and determination (I better add a little cookie making too), she will have left a grand legacy, indeed.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

Leez, you're one of us now, like it or not :) We need a channel for our love that was going to Marybe, and I can't think of anyone better suited to be a recipient than you. I hope it helps.

Another tradition that often goes along with passings on BCO is a candle ceremony. I have one burning next to me for Marybe, and share this one to light the candles from others.

Love and hugs buds.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942
    Options

May the Holy Spirit, bring comfort to all involved in Marybe's life.

I'm sorry that I haven't been on here long enough to really know her, but I've been reading her posts this past month, and I see what an incredible lady she was.

Sometimes GOD allows us to go through battles, so that we can be an encouragement to others. Marybe certainly fulfilled her purpose in that.

Blessing

Paula

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    Options

I keep coming back all the time I'm so saddened and          I'm glad leez is sharing her time with us.

• Belinda44
    Belinda44 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Condolences and sympathy to all of Marybe's friends and family.  She will be missed.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Barb thanks so much for flying out there and sharing all of our love with Marybe.  Also thanks for keeping us posted.  I know it was not easy for you.

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    Options

@Leez, I'm with you ... I don't know how we will get on without Marybe. My heart is broken and I am without words. The many posts on many threads is a testament to what this marvelous woman meant to all of us. If I didn't have chemo tomorrow I'd be driving to Cincinnati to give you a hug.

@Barbara, a thousand thanks .... @3jays and all Marybe's special friends .... My heart is with you.

@ Tim and Dad .... Thank you for sharing Marybe with all of us. Hugs to you both.

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    Options

Rest well, we will miss you.

• Maya2
    Maya2 Member Posts: 244
    Options

Today my cancer survivor yoga class dedicated our practise to Marybe. I told them why I was sad, and even though a couple of them have had very scary diagnoses, they all wanted to light a candle for her. We ended with a short meditation and most of us were in tears at the end.

Marybe, Namaste. 

• K-Lo
    K-Lo Member Posts: 826
    Options

Someone said that her environment at the  end was just as she chose it to be.  We all know the day will come and I feel grateful every time someone like Marybe has the chance to be at peace with her body, her loved ones and the mysterious thoughts and experiences that she spent her last moments and hours with.  May it have been a beautiful journey and wherever she is now.  

For Tim and all those close, may her memories bring you comfort over time.  You helped her have the ultimate experience in comfort, security, and love.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options
  • misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    Options

Marybe, you were truly one of the most gracious, kind, and helpful women I have ever "met", and you were especially kind and helpful to me at the beginning of my journey. I am heartbroken that you are no longer with us. But you have left a legacy here that will live on for a long time and not soon be forgotten. You are UNFORGETTABLE!

My most sincere condolences to Tim, her dad, family and all of her wonderful friends.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Heartbroken that my dear friend is gone. There are no words to explain, but I know God understands the groaning of my heart.

Barbara - I am so thankful for your self-sacrificing love you have given Marybe. Please get some much needed rest and take care of yourself. I needed to keep you around for a long, long time. Love you, AJ

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    Options

This is heartbreaking.  Rest in peace, dear Marybe.

My thoughts and condolences are with who loved Marybe. 

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    Options

Just posted in the stage 4 board, but will echo my thoughts here.  I am so incredibly sad to read this, Marybe will truly be missed.  She was an inspiration to us, living for over 14 years with mets.  Rest in peace, sweet Marybe.  Love and prayers to your family and friends.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,838
    Options

This is really haunting me. Went back to my pm's and found a conversation marybe and I had shortly before I returned to work. She was very encouraging about returning to work even at stage IV. She understood how much I adore my job and how fulfilling it is to me. How very, very much she will be missed.

Caryn

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    Options

Heartbroken says it all.

I wish I had met Marybe in person. 

Her posts helped me through some rough times.

Thank you again Barb.

Hugs to you Lee.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options
  • melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    Options

Oh what a sad day for us . May God keep Marybe and her family and friends in His loving arms.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Morning all. I read all the posts and wanted to talk about Marybe's memorial. She wanted to be cremated then for her friends to gather and eat, drink and celebrate her life. That is the plan and it will happen a month or so down the road when the pain of losing her is less fresh. The flower shower idea is nice except Marybe never liked cut flowers. She loved having them in her yard but never liked them in vases. I know, go figure. If one wishes to memorialize her, please donate to BCO. This place was like home to her.

So we should be comforted to know that she is cancer-free and like Lee said, NO MORE PORT!!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

Good by Marybe!  Sweet dreams, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite!  I am honored to have known you, and proud to be a member of this community, that cares about you so much. 

Thank you Barb.......  You were her Angel from all of us.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Barb thank you again.

I too remembered something about Marybe not liking cut flowers. Below are pictures of her garden from 2011. She loved this place. I hope she is there now. I think that's her fur buddy too.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/summerflowersmybaldinghead012.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/Howdoesmygardengrow007.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/Howdoesmygardengrow001.jpg

And I love the fact she wished to be cremated and a party will be thrown to celebrate her life.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,031
    Options

Lovely, thanks for the pictures lago. I will make a donation to BCO in Marybe's honor today.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,060
    Options

If you do decide to contribute to BCO in her honor, we will keep track of the donations, keep you up-to-date, and start something in her honor. 

Yours,

Melissa and the Mods 

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,552
    Options

Hugs, Jackie

• lanagraves
    lanagraves Member Posts: 40
    Options

Mods, how do I go about contributing in marybe's honor? Is there a link on the site somewhere for contributions?

• journey4life
    journey4life Member Posts: 223
    Options

So heartbreaking that we've lost another special woman to this hateful disease. My deepest sympathies to Marybe's family and friends.