Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options

Comments

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

I have made my donation in memory of Marybe.

You will always be in my heart.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

Same here........  Thank you Marybe, and BC.ORG.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    Options

Another donation in your honor Marybe.

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    Options

Donation in Marybe's honor.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Just another photo of Marybe from last year in Chicago

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/marybe2242011.jpg

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

Ladies, the outpouring of love & support for Marybe is simply put-amazing.

Now, I KNOW she would not want the "Doom & Gloom" (quote from another dear BCO friend) to prevail.  Let's go forward & find those newbies to BCO & assist them with their questions.  Let's volunteer at local hospitals, the cancer society, places where we can get out there & live the lessons we have been taught.  As my daughter's generation is saying: YOLO (you only live once).

Per Nike-"Just do it!"

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

lago!  Thank you so much for sharing that pic.  It really captures the Marybe that I knew.  I feel like I am sitting across the table from her when I look at it.

p.s.  I donated her age, in dollars.  Wish I could have given more, if you know what I mean.

• lago
    Options

Eph3_12 I do feel much better today. I donated to BC.org yesterday. I am on the volunteer planning committee for the American Cancer Society| Strides against breast cancer and I also have a team (from the Illinois ladies thread on bc.org) walking in October. Currently our team is the #2 fund raising team and I'm the #1 individual fundraiser.

I will be thinking of Marybe on that day. I feel so lucky that she was a part of my life for the few years I got to know her. Nothing wrong with sharing good memories of Marybe. Something we will always have.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options
    Oh I so agree-sharing memories is awesome.  I just know she wouldn't want pity parties to last too long (itsy-bitsy ones are probably ok, since I'm still having oneWink)
  • HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options

Lago, thank you so much. I put that on my desktop as well. Such a beautiful person, inside and out.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

I have been in the hospital with an acute attack of diverticular disease.

I just got home and ran right to the puter

My heart is broken.

I have no words.

RIP dear sista/friend.You were a one of a kind.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

lago,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful picture of Marybe.

K ~ ♥♥

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
    how long does it take to "get over" breast cancer trauma? death trauma??
  • lago
    Options
    3jaysmom it's very individual. I think the issue is when it takes too long to move on. Last time I checked a few days isn't too long. Hang in there. Thanks again
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
    thanx Lago.. i just reacted, thats' all.. i appreciate the love and support.
  • FilterLady
    FilterLady Member Posts: 74
    Options

Oh grannydukes,

Bless your heart.  I also suffer from diverticulitus but have been blessed to have not been hospitalized for it.

Take care of yourself.

Didn't mean to "hijack" this thread but we all know that Marybe would be trying to cheer up grannydukes!

LaDonna

PS Our town's taking Strides against Breast Cancer is on 9/29/12.  I will be doing the 1 mile walk in honor of Marybe (I'll have her name pinned to my shirt), I think she would like that Smile

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

This is from Melissa J, she said to post it

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Raenz just said this on FB. 'It reminds me that it is my time to pay Marybe's love forward now and try to carry on her great legacy in whatever small way I can'.

This is so true we must continue Marybe's legacy.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

I am too good at stuffing my feeling. My chest is hurting, I just stuffed down a feeling a rage that Marybe is gone. This disease is a plague on us, it respects neither race nor religion, economic status nor educational status. It shows no pity for the poor and needy nor any defference for the most successful. It comes to kill us if it can, it shows no pity. It makes no sense, there is no logic in any of this! WE MUST KILL THIS DISEASE! 

God rest Marybe and show her your glory.

Ginger 

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    Options

Oh my heart just aches at this news!! While I had never met Marybe in real life I have been one who followed her posts and admired her! She had a way of making the best of everything that came her way and shared that beautiful gift with all who needed it...

Barbara.... Just so happy that you were able to be there with her! I know the accolades may make you feel a bit uncomfortable but we all know that's so not why you did it... you simply did it because that's who you ARE!! I know you both were close and I am just so sorry. Wish there was something I could say or do to ease your pain but there is nothing.... Just please know I am thinking of her... and you.... Love ya!

Heard a song today that made me think about many of our sisters but, today, mostly about Marybe..... It is Sissy's song by Alan Jackson....... Google it.... So sad but... so beautiful....

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    Options

Thank you for posting the pic of Marybe...so beautiful!   

I donated in her memorium also and intend to carry-on as she would have wanted.  I live in a small town outside of Las Vegas.  We have a small, nonprofit, Cancer Care Center here.  I just donated my wigs, hats, scarfs, jewelry etc.  The place I work will be raising money everyday in October for this Center.  I think Marybe would be proud!  (((Marybe's Family & Friends)))

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Donation made. 

Kathy

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Donation made.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

In addition to my modest contribution to BCO, I am also going to join the Army of Women.  They are looking for a million women to sign up for research projects and are about one-third of the way there.  We could swell the ranks with friends of Marybe.  http://www.armyofwomen.org/

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I have got to switch from Safari so I can post some of my pictures of Marybe.  Does anyone know if Chrome will let you post pictures here on BCO? 

• lago
    Options

Elisimo I don't know if this will help but here's a tutorial on how to post photos in the forum using photobucket.com. I'm on a PC right now so I can't answer your question. I have no problems with firefox or Chrome on my PC.

http://tkt.hostned.ws/luv/bco_photobucket/index.htm 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

AJ Chrome lets you post. I use it on my laptop.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Lago that is a beautiful picture, thank you for posting it.

• Treso
    Treso Member Posts: 68
    Options

Oh, Marybe. You have touched my heart and given me so much hope in ways I can't put into words. I'm so glad my last post "made you laugh out loud". I will honor you, respect you and remember you for always. See ya around the bend...

• Treso
    Treso Member Posts: 68
    Options

Thank you, Barbara.